Charley's Steak House - Tampa
4444 W Cypress St
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Charley's Steak House - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.charleyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8133539706
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Scott Trepanier
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
A word from Charley's Steak House - Tampa
Charley's Steak House is owned by the Woodsby family and has operated in Florida since 1974. Charley’s serves only three-year-old USDA prime and choice Angus steers, aging them four to six weeks for tenderness & flavor and hand-cutting the steaks daily to ensure consistent quality. The steaks are then flame-broiled over Florida citrus and oak wood in a custom-built pit at 1200º searing in the tantalizing taste that has made Charley’s the #1 steakhouse in America every year since 2007! Charley’s philosophy of providing only the finest extends from the kitchen to the wine cellar. The wine list approaches 1000 selections from scores of exceptional wineries around the globe. Charley’s has been recognized with numerous awards including “Best of Award of Excellence” from Wine Spectator magazine, DiRōNA and Orlando Magazine’s“ Best Steak House & Best Old Favorite”. Charley’s has been creating fans from around the world for nearly 40 years. We look forward to having you become a fan soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Charley's Steak House - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Charley's Steak House - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
273 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (204)notable wine list (125)romantic (118)good for groups (73)fit for foodies (70)vibrant bar scene (42)neighborhood gem (39)hot spot (30)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (7)scenic view (6)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Best steak house in Tampa!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014Food was amazing! Great drinks and wine list. Bison ribeye, tartare, lobster Mac n chez are all must haves! Martinis are always a great start, they have some different and interesting ones on the drink menu. Wine list was pretty awesome as well, almost had the Screaming Eagle, yet left for future patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chocolate cakeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The cake was ruined with the raspberry sauce. Just chocolate !! Dinner was delicious The open table app is great and I will use it again. WasSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Looked forward to visiting Charley's for a year now. finally got in.. Table Service was not attentive... understanding this is an upscale restaurant. The feeling was we were not ordering enough for attention. and the food was not cooked to order. Now .. we paid our bill and left an 18% tip.. we will not return.. :( Hope others have a more favorable review... Good Luck..
- Worst meal in some timeFoodie27Dined on 8/15/2014I have not been this disappointed in a meal in some time. For the amount of money we spent for a night out the highlight of our meal was the bottle of wine we purchased. My wife ordered a filet that was tough and the only taste it had was the taste of the wood it was cooked over which was entirely too strong. I ordered Sea Bass and I am not convinced the meal I received was Sea Bass. I frequently order this when I go out and this slab of fish did not resemble anything I have had before. It was over cooked and lacked flavor. There are several other restaurant options in the area near Charlie's that I would highly recommend over Charlie's. Very disappointed.
- Still Love CharleysrotatingmassDined on 8/14/2014I have been going to Charley's since 2002. The food is great. However, this latest time, they over cooked the steak. They caught it before they brought it out BUT it took them 30 minutes to get a new one cooked. The waitress (Susan) was great and the manager comped the drinks while we waited on the new steak. Once the steak came out it was great like always. I still love Charleys but someone dropped the ball this time.Special Features:
- JBfoodieDined on 8/12/2014Charley's continues to be a little hit and miss on the food. i have eaten there 3 times in the last 6 months and the steak has been less than tender 2 out of 3 times. Not a good batting average for a steak house that is supposed to be top of the line. Not a fan of their asparagus with the cheese; 86 the cheese. They had a cauliflower side that was very good that is not always on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience4lakelandDined on 8/12/2014My wife and I celebrating another wedding anniversary. Great food and service, can't go wrong here!Special Features:
- Date nightNich14Dined on 8/11/2014Took a female there for a date night. Everything was good, our server Shawn knew his knowledge about the steaks & was polite. I'd recommend going there but make sure you got some money. Prices are lil high but the food was worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JillDined on 8/10/2014Salad was wilted, overdressed, and not cold. Pork chops were amazing.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceTinaDined on 8/10/2014We were celebrating my husbands birthday and he loves Charley's. Both he and my son had the Bison steaks and loved them. I had the sea bass and it was delicious. We all had take home boxes as the portions are generous. Our Server was a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Excellent, service, food atmosphere. Everything about going to Charley's is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing!Vicdoc55Dined on 8/8/2014I have been going to Charley's for several years now, for both business and personal. This past visit was arguably my worst dining experience at a high end establishment. This was a business dinner and my client was in town from St. Louis and this is his favorite place. Starting with the lack of AC in the bar area to the unavailability of several appetizers and wines, to the worst $50 steak you can ever imagine, the whole night was a disappointment. Normally the steaks there are why you go, but I've had better steaks at Waffle house. And on top of the whole thing after all the disappointments and complaining, the staff seemed to be very unapologetic and aloof. It is going to be a very long time before I visit Charley's again, if ever.
- PerfectDeedeeDined on 8/8/2014It was my husband's birthday and we had 8 people in our party. With a large party, service can sometimes suffer but not at Charley's! We had outstanding service and a delicious meal. Thank you Charley's for making my hubby's night extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tired Safe Menu,Indifferent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014We were seated and given a glass of water and ordered 2 wines. A large party came in, and the 2 servers Erick and Susan fawned over them, basically ignored us. Appetizers came out, but crabcakes were cold. Another 20 minutes went by, and they brought out a 2nd one that was hot. After 1+ hours of waiting for even some bread and their "side salad", I finally flagged someone down to ask if it was coming. Side salad was a pitiful iceberg lettuce and chopped tomato thing, not even comparable to a Wendy's salad. At about the 90 minute mark, steaks finally arrived. Wife's"Filet Mignon" had 2 tough veins of fat running through them, but we didn't want to seem like complainers. $170 spent. Tired, careless, boring, inattentive- we wont be back.Special Features:
- Great food/service, but too darkAmazingbutdarkDined on 8/8/2014First time at Charley's for my birthday with family. The food was amazing and the service was top-notch. Expensive, but quality food was worth the price. Unfortunately, we could not read the menus without our phone flashlights, which seemed normal procedure to the waiter. I understand it accentuates the ambiance but when you can barely see your food in front of you, it's a bit much. Good thing the food makes up it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak ReviewSteakloverDined on 8/8/2014The entry waiting area is nice. Both filet mignons were too salty. They were cooked appropriately. The upselling of add ons is tiresome. I realize you are trying to increase your profits but it goes overboard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this timeTripDined on 8/7/2014This is typically a go to spot for special occasions or business dinners. On this visit the service was slow and all four of our steaks were cold. The staff was very apologetic and did take all of them off the bill. Every other time we have dined there everything has been fantastic. We will go back, hoping this was just a fluke.
- Outback is BetterArtiesReviewDined on 8/6/2014The Waitress was Scattered and couldn't multi task.. (and I don't like being touched) The place was noisy... and my steak ($36.00) was rough... Way over priced... I've had better meals at Outback... Charley's is off my dining list... They say 3 strikes and you're out.. You're Out!! My girlfriend gets upset when I complain so I don't.. she says reflect your dislike in the tip... $170.00 for a meal I didn't like is crazy...
- Outstanding!BirthdayDined on 8/6/2014Food and service was excellent! Will be back for sure. Server was on top and did a great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ohh the BisonBentheadsVIPDined on 8/4/2014High style modern steak house package ala Mortons but even better quality for my money. My two friends opted for non steak items. One loved her salmon the other liked her chicken although it was a bit overcooked in parts. I chose the off menu Bison rib eye done rare and it was astounding (as it should be for $60!). Everything was top quality and they do nickle and dime you for everything extra you are offered such as little containers of sauce and cheese or the wedge salad alternative to the house salad. If you keep your eye on those things you should not be disappointed in any aspect of this restaurant.Special Features:
- frankieDined on 8/2/2014the food and service was outstanding. The prices were very reasonable. We have always enjoyed Charley's.Special Features:
- Best Steak i ever HAD!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014Me and my girlfriend went here on our vacation to Tampa and Clearwater. Nice place, extremely friendly staff. Even lost my sunglasses and the manager and waitress found them and return them to me before my flight left the next day. I will for sure be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charley's1DadDined on 8/1/2014Charley's is one if the iconic steakhouses in Tampa and did not disappoint. From the ambiance to the delicious meal to the exquisite service, this restaurant is a first class experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How it's changedFoodieVIPDined on 8/1/2014Decor is old, but the food was always good until last Friday. The place was empty, food was cold, steak over cooked, and manager not sympathetic! Never again!
- Best Steak House in Tampa Bay AreaAbelN0MZDined on 7/30/2014Manager Steve was more than accommodating for our last minute large group and had us sat in "the Wine Room" for private dining. Our Servers Susan and Vanessa graciously and tirelessly made sure everyone was happy. Our meals where outstanding and the Charley's signature Wood Fire Grilled steaks did not disappoint. Our guest of honor had an amazing experience he will never forget. Surprisingly, no one in my group had been to Charley's before, but I'm sure they'll be back. Charley's proved, once again, why they are by far the best steakhouse in the Tampa Bay AreaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Jim Wilson from Sharp Electronics. Always a pleasure to entertain Clients at Charlie's Steak House on W. Cypress in Tampa. Atmosphere , Servers, Bartenders are all enjoyable to work with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, but why?KarlosDined on 7/27/2014A truly disappointing experience. Claim to fame meat was marginal. Salads warm and wilted. Service was the only partial upside.
- Memorable Night OutBobbymac23Dined on 7/26/2014With all of the new Tampa restaurants that seem so culinarily tempting, I forget that Charley's is truly fantastic. The wet aged steaks cooked at high temperatures above the fire grill distinguishes it from other fantastic steakhouses.Special Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014Great service! Wonderful food! The ambiance was very interesting. The meat education table side was very informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent OverallDINNODined on 7/26/2014Great place! No wait, busy yet quiet, excellent service. Everything from soup to nuts was very good, though I'd prefer they not over-smoke the steaks. I'd just as soon have a more natural, traditional flavor. Also, side dish portions are too small for a steakhouse. Those things aside, though, Charley's offers an excellent dining experience, and I'd certainly go back again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014We were there for a little over 2 hours. We ordered appetizers, main course and dessert. Our food was very slow to arrive. People around us came and went.Special Features:
- Do not miss outSteffyDined on 7/26/2014if you like a great steak with fantastic service Charley's is the place to get it in the Tampa Bay Area. Make sure you make a reservation your going to miss out if you just try to walk in. While wait for our table, I say no more than three minutes, four or so parties walked in without reservations and were told they had no room in the dinning area that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak!!Mahimahi4mehemeheDined on 7/26/2014Our waiter Dan was most attentive and knowledgable. The timing of the food was perfect and cooked as requested. Final tab can be a bit pricy when drinks enter the picture. ($200 total for me and my wife- with 1 bottle of wine).Aged meat tastes and cooks slightly different than norm. Salted caramel cheesecake was amazing. All said, great restaurant, super friendly and courteous staff. Only negative was table of drunken idiots across from us, spilling drinks and laughing uncontrollably at whatever....not what you want to deal with when celebrating a wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MEATOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/25/2014I like smoked food but, when paying $$$ for a steak and I can't tasted the meat because it's like I'm drinking liquid smoke right out of the bottle. NO thanks.
- A bit of a disappointmentJohncDined on 7/23/2014I had bragged to my children (grown) how good it was based on previous visits. A birthday celebration for one of them had us there for the evening. For the price I expect more. The lobster mac was VERY salty and the steaks were tender but totally lacked flavor. The spinach for two was more like for one and was chewy. The atmosphere was great but the dinner was disappointing. For a 300.00 meal for four it should be better.
- Disappointed a SECOND timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/22/2014What is it with large groups? The first time my filet was cold and bland. This time my chicken was like rubber....I could only take a bite and took the rest home for my dogs. This is Charley's, it's not supposed to be mediocre!
- Great food. Long dinnerClark2864Dined on 7/22/2014The food was excellent. But it took almost 2 1/2 hours to dine here. It could have been quicker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good!!NapaVIPDined on 7/20/2014Food was fresh, delicious and well presented and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and service were wonderful.lovethefoodDined on 7/18/2014Crabcake appetizer was one of the best I ever had . The steak and lobster were done perfectly and the suggested wine was wonderful. Our server Eron was knowledgable and attentive and helped make the night even more enjoyable. overall highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Family's Favorite SteakhouseJimmyTLuvsToDineDined on 7/18/2014Restaurant is laid out very nicely, and is very cozy. The service is terrific and the food was excellent. We started out with the escargot and the ahi tuna appetizers which I would highly recommend. We were there to celebrate my son's birthday and everything was just perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.