9891 Gulf Shore Drive
Naples, FL 34108Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.laplayaresort.com/
- Phone: 2395985707x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner:
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Champagne Brunch 11:00am-2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Carlos Torres
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from BALEENnaples
Pleasing to the palate and the eye alike, Baleen Naples mixes Old Florida charm with elegant candlelit elegance. Beautiful chandeliers and soft mahogany furnishings set the tone for an elegant dining experience…. Toes-in-the-sand dining takes place as Baleen spills out through the grand doors to the terrace with tables overlooking the sweeping beach and ends with a collection of tables for cocktails in the sand next to the fire pit. Whether seated in an indoor epicurean enclave or a barefoot beach table, visitors can indulge in three daily seating’s at Baleen Naples with options including a breakfast menu with a Gulf Coast twist on traditional favorites. With exceptional entrees and an extensive selection of wines the dinner menu is filled with local ingredients and beautifully composed dishes. For the guest looking for light fare enjoy our bar menu in the cocktail section with an array of seafood selections as well as sandwiches and appetizers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
BALEENnaples - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
BALEENnaples reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (104)scenic view (103)special occasion (100)romantic (87)fit for foodies (55)notable wine list (50)great for brunch (31)great for lunch (29)neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (21)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (9)Show More
- Never a disappointment!QueenieDined on 10/18/2014Baleen has long been our favorite! Our service and food is a delight. What a beautiful place to be at sunset!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BaleenisticTRN313Dined on 10/16/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in Naples. Food is always very good. This is our "go to" restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic spotromancegirlDined on 10/13/2014Great wait staff, and delicious food. Bread divine and house salad could not have been better. We had the tenderloin pork. Nice portion not too much just enough. Get the cream brule!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic PlaceTexaswordsDined on 10/12/2014I arrived on a Saturday night, as a solo, as I was on business. Great view, tiered seating, with both indoor and outdoor dining on the beach. Lovely view and sunset. Very good wine list. I ordered Ahi Tuna, which was ok, but had a cold center. Service was so-so, but it was a busy night, and servers were running everywhere. I loved the view and sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jim and lisaCoupleplaceVIPDined on 10/10/2014We enjoy Baleen as an outstanding place for romantic and entertaining dinner spot. The food and kind service excel. The sunset views are spectacular and managent is sure to provide a great wine suggeation. Thank you to the whole staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BCGolfDined on 10/10/2014This is the definition of why people come to southwest Florida, i.e., A beautiful sunset filled with great food, great atmosphere, and great friends. Baleens wait staff handled our party of eight without missing a beat. Finally, after sunset, the ambience outdoors while enjoying a cocktail sitting 'round the fire pit with toes firmly planted in sand with the Gulf just over our shoulders, well, what more can be said. Baleens in a 'must' while visiting the Naples area.Special Features:
- 60 year friendshipMizzoufanVIPDined on 10/9/2014Had dinner with friends which was outstanding! The food was excellent, service and weather all awesome.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014If you are looking for someplace for a romantic evening - dinner on the beach is a must. Outstanding special service, incredible food and a night you will never forget!Special Features:
- A GemRsrvtnQweenDined on 10/5/2014Bleu Provence is a must! We were celebrating our 45th anniversary and wanted something special. This destination fit the bill and more. Highly suggest a visit.Special Features:
- Better than everJSF22VIPDined on 10/5/2014Baleen has freshened their menu and it is better and more creative than ever. Most restaurants with a view this incredible (including one just down the street) offer food and service no better than they need to be. Baleen is the notable exception. It has the best Gulf view, and some of the best food and service, in all of Naples. Highest recommendation.Special Features:
- foodielve2eatDined on 10/4/2014restaurant recommended by friends well worth the visit had a great meal service very good knowledgeable friendly staff will be back next time we visit naplesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic EveningIndianabarmanagerDined on 10/4/2014I took my fiancé here for her birthday and she and I were both very impressed with the food, as well as the service. Aaron the manager on duty made us feel like VIPs and our waiter (can't remember his name but I do remember he was from Wisconsin) was both knowledgable and very attentive. Luigi, our bartender, was skilled and personable as well. An all around great time. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to create a special memory while in NaplesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeFoodieVIPDined on 10/4/2014Over priced but you can not beat the sunset and atmosphere, and the food has improved greatly over the past year. Love bringing out of towners here. They are always wow'd.
- Almost PerfectxfighterpilotDined on 10/4/2014Everything was very good, and we were mostly happy with the service and suggestions of our server. But one suggestion should have been communicate better. I asked for a whiskey list of what was available, and while reviewing it our server suggested "Pappy" bourbon (which I was not familiar with). He told me that it was outstanding and that people were happy to hear of it being available at Baleen. Though it was not listed in the guide, based on the suggestion, I ordered it. And it was ok, but nothing extraordinary. So it came as quite a shock to both my wife and I when the bill came and I discovered my one glass of bourbon cost $40. I should've been told what it cost (when this expensive) and I guarantee I would not have ordered it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spot overlooking beachkaydinesoutVIPDined on 10/2/2014Can't find a more beautiful outdoor beachside location for a restaurant in Naples. And, really appreciated that our salads didn't come out 2 minutes after we ordered them and our entrees didn't come 1 minute after we finished our salads. We had a nice leisurely meal, unlike at so many places in Naples that rush you through cocktails, salad and dinner in 45 minutes (and that's after waving them off a couple of times and saying we're not ready to order). Fish entrees were good. Floridian salad didn't have any of the promised grapefruit. Server was pleasant but not especially attentive. One of the few beachside restaurants in Naples & a great place to take visitors. Torches and beautiful sunsets remind us of Hawaii.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DedeDined on 10/1/2014We had a wonderful birthday celebration! The food was excellent and the service superb. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Perfect BirthdayEllieDined on 9/29/2014Recently spent my 30th birthday here and everything was absolutely perfect. The food, service and atmosphere were out of this world. Couldn't have asked for a better day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best view in Napkeskeaton7VIPDined on 9/28/2014I had the grouper which was fresh and deliciously prepared. My husband had the steak special which he said was only OK. Service was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kevin's birthday dinnerKevinDined on 9/26/2014My friend and I were at Baleen for his 60th birthday. We enjoyed a nice romantic dinner and wine. Our server was EXCELLENT and we were treated with a creme brulee to celebrate the special occasion, candle too! Baleen is a great place for a special occasion or just a nice dinner. Food was wonderful! The atmosphere is beautiful too! What a terrific view!Special Features:
- An off nightmaxjoeVIPDined on 9/25/2014Perfect outdoor dinning with great sunset views. Chef made a poor choice for the signature dish but several other selections were great. The service was uncommonly slow and inattentive. Must have been an off night as this restaurant is usually superior.Special Features:
- Food & view to die for!FlyForeFunDined on 9/22/2014My girlfriend & I love this spot!! We return again & again because the food is amazing not to be outdone by the view of the Gulf of Mexico! We will surely be back once more!!Special Features:
- SurprisedbonitababeVIPDined on 9/20/2014Haven't been to Baleen since our favorite server left. Food was delicious. Service was not...soups were brought to the table and they had not placed the soup spoons yet...we had to wait for them...Wait and bus staff seemed to be overwhelmed for a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryMomof3Dined on 9/13/2014we celebrated our anniversary and they made it so nice. Table with a view. Free 5 x7 photo to commemorate and a rose. Great prix fixSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NIce way to spend an afternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Our experience was outstanding here. Have not enjoyed a three hour lunch in years. What a beautiful ambiance and great food and service.Special Features:
- Over the top!CoupleplaceVIPDined on 9/12/2014We visit often and each time the service and friendly service brings us back again. The food is exceptional and the friendly dining has made it one of our favorites in Naples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met Expectations50SomethingDined on 9/12/2014Most of the reviews were positive and we were not disappointed. Staff was attentive, food was very good, and the view was spectacular. We ate on the patio and thoroughly enjoyed the sights and sounds of the Gulf while enjoying a great meal.Special Features:
- Ridiculous!JimmyTDined on 9/11/2014One of my top 2 places you must visit in Naples! The food is great.....the sunset view....insanity!Special Features:
- WonderfulDJ9876Dined on 9/11/2014We have been here before and we rated it beyond excellent in a fabulous setting!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset viewingbonitabrianDined on 9/7/2014Charming spot, an imaginative menu, off season it was quite pleasant. Service was first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PenPenDined on 9/6/2014Excellent location, right on the beach, beautiful sunset, drinks around the fire pit, table under air, very good wine list, many food choices. A great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ViewsNadiazuzuVIPDined on 9/4/2014My husband and I enjoy coming to Baleen for our anniversary dinners and Easter Brunch. Fantastic views, great food and service. Baleen never disappoints.Special Features:
- Dining outDiningoutwDined on 9/1/2014Evening was awesome in every aspect. Was upset with open table that I just got 100 pts. and not the 1000 pts indicatedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the bestmrpz1VIPDined on 8/31/2014One of the best views of the Gulf and delicious food as well. Impeccable service. Always feel welcome and special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!SophiaDined on 8/30/2014This is our favorite restaurant for all occasions. Whether it be for lunch, brunch or dinner, you can't find a more beautiful setting and excellent food/menu with outstanding service. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smoking near dining area?SWFLDinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014We had a nice table on the lower level below the main restaurant seating. However, there were 2 women a bit closer to the sand, but still on Baleen property, who were smoking, and the smoke from where they sat made it's way up to where we were sitting and trying to enjoy our meal. I even noticed a waiter from the restaurant brought them an ashtray to use. Seems an odd thing to allow, I'd like the restaurant's take on this..Special Features:
- The ViewWHOBBDined on 8/29/2014Another great dinner at the best beach restaurant in SW FL. Service is great. Extensive wine list. Tasty food. And the view...right on Vanderbilt Beach. Doesn't get much better. Only downside is that the restaurant is located in LaPlaya Resort, so sometimes you can get a lot of screaming kids. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Lovely setting next to the beach, food was ok, nothing spectacular. Would try lunch time in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent staff and diningOliveGlassDined on 8/27/2014Absolutely one of the best restaurants in Naples not to mention it's on the water and the service , quality and. presentation of food were excellent. No rubber chicken or frozen fish found here ....will definitely repeatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experience!BillCDined on 8/27/2014Great view - directly on the beach! Indoor and outdoor tables. Excellent service - friendly and attentive but not obtrusive. (I mentioned when booking that it was my wedding anniversary and they made it feel like an occasion! A great menu featuring local seafood. A nice wine selection, without breaking the bank. A perennial local favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.QuitePleaseDined on 8/26/2014We had a early evening dinner with business associates. The service was superb (quite and non-intrusive). Food was beautiful to look at and tasted fresh. Wine list was robust.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.