Altitude Restaurant - Hyatt Regency Denver
650 15th Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Altitude Restaurant - Hyatt Regency Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://denverregency.hyatt.com/
- Phone: (303) 486-4434
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm. Breakfast Buffet: Monday- Friday 6:30am- 10am Saturday - Sunday 6:30-11am Lunch Buffet: Monday- Friday 11am-230pm Sunday and Saturday 12pm-230pm. Dinner Prime Rib Buffet $29.50: Friday and Saturday 530pm-930pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: California & 15th Street
- Public Transit: Light Rail Service/RTD – Stops 1 block from the hotel at the Convention Center/Performing Arts giving you access to all the Mile High City has to offer.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: For the convenience of our guests, we offer $10 off Valet and Self-Parking.
A word from Altitude Restaurant - Hyatt Regency Denver
Altitude, named for Denver’s “Mile High” elevation, serves contemporary American cuisine in comfortable elegance. Enjoy a great atmosphere while savoring the flavorful creations of our talented chefs and the attentive service from our friendly staff. For a more creative view, adjust your sights to our décor. Our walls are scattered with innovative pieces created by local artists. The cool, inviting decor features a showcase kitchen and comfortable high-backed booths which create a space ideal for gathering your thoughts as you start your day, conducting business over a meal or having a leisurely dinner. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, Altitude offers both local favorites and its own unique creations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Altitude Restaurant - Hyatt Regency Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Altitude Restaurant - Hyatt Regency Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)special occasion (13)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (8)fit for foodies (7)romantic (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Better Than ExpectedLindaGDined on 11/2/2014This time it was dinner before theatre; I've also eaten lunch here. Both times the quality of food was quite good. Recommended.Special Features:
- Plan to take your timeLocalgirlsDined on 10/29/2014We had dinner at Altitude before going to see a show. We gave ourselves an hour and a half to eat, but by time the waiter finally came over to take our orders we were down to about an hour. We explained that we needed to be done by about 7pm and the waiter agreed that he could make it happen. By the time our food arrived we only had about 20 minutes to actually eat. Then our waiter kind of vanished. I ended up having to go to the front counter and ask for a to-go box and the bill and explain that we were now in a hurry. And my sisters both had Martinis and they didnt rinse the oil from the olives so the drink didnt taste right. They even mentioned it to the waiter before ordering different martinis and they still came out with oil in them.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialPinotPaulVIPDined on 10/3/2014I had high hopes that this place would be better, but the food was nothing special. Typical caesar salad, somewhat small. Had the scallops appetizer as I wasn't too hungry. They were decent. However, the kitchen/server made a classic mistake: he brought both at the same time, one cold, one hot. It was only myself so it didn't make any sense to serve at the same time.
- Drinks and appetizersMikeDDined on 9/28/2014I have read the other reviews for this restaurant and am going to have to disagree with the negative ones. My friends and I met upstairs for drinks at the Peaks Lounge and then headed downstairs for dinner after the sun went down. I have to say that we were all truly happy that we did. We had the Grilled Short Rib and Cheese sandwich, as our first appetizer, and we almost got two more orders. We loved it that much! But we decided to try the other appetizers instead and were not dissapointed with them either. We had the Lamb Meatballs and Hand Cranked Sausages and loved them both. We also ordered the pear and bleu salads with meat(s) and they were also pretty good. I would defintely go back. Service was a little slow but not overly bad.Special Features:
- Excellent SelectionTNtravelerDined on 9/24/2014I would definitely recommend this restaurant, the buffet was very good excellent selection. Very good and extremely convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so great food.HanaDined on 9/20/2014I went there for linch buffet. Limited buffet options and the dessert taste awful. Our waitress was not friendly, i felt that she was there to only to fulfill an awful job task. My child was given the kids menu that has coloring and game activities but they were out of crayons so it was useless!Special Features:
- Breakfast packageLuvWildFlowersDined on 9/19/2014Stayed at this hotel and breakfast was included with valet parking. The buffet was nice but the noise level was pretty loud due to large groups seated near our booth. The wait staff was nice about moving to a quieter location. The food was very good as was the service.Special Features:
- Nice for ConversationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Our small group had a nice lunch and was able to have conversation. The tables are nicely spaced giving to an open feel, yet still comfortable and cozy. The seating is very comfortable, the server knew the menu and the food was very freshly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- locationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014enjoyd the lunch buffet...nothing exceptional...quality of food fine but not outstaning...vry typical bussiness lunch fare...coctails well poured and servce was exceptional...chose more for location and was pleased.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food was terrible, terrible, terrrible terrible, terrible
- Birthday bash greatnessLanierjpDined on 8/11/2014Me and my fiancé decided to try altitude for her birthday dinner and I can honestly say we havnt had that friendly and kind of service any where else in Denver. We have plenty of favorite spots but after just one visit this place shined. I absolutely recommend this place to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great prime rib buffetShellyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Excellent, well prepared food. Outstanding service and low noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlandPalmettosonDined on 7/26/2014Saturday Prime Rib Buffet was very reasonably priced and buffet was elegantly displayed. Service was appropriately attentive and prompt. Unfortunately, the quality of the offerings on the buffet was average at best from a taste standpoint. Especially disappointing when the appearance of the offering had raised expectations. Mostly very bland and under seasoned, some dishes suffered from sitting too long before in our opinion.
- Nice dinner in DenverBrandonDined on 7/25/2014We ate here as a result of having a restaurant.com gift card here but it was very good for the price. Prices aren't unreasonable for what you get. Service was very good. Not very crowded for a Friday night but it is located in a hotel so probably a bit off the map (Hyatt Regency).Special Features:
- WonderfulNeighborDined on 7/25/2014I hosted two ladies - - one 88 and the other 79. Both said they could not remember ever having a better meal. The young lady who served us was very friendly and quickly responded to all our requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 497 reviews are from the Altitude Restaurant - Hyatt Regency Denver reviews archive.
- Not your typical hotel coffee shop.Dhowie43Dined on 7/5/2014Food and service were definitely above average. The atmosphere was pleasant. Servers were friendly and attentive to our every need. Portions were generous and tasty. Far above usual hotel fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service - Great Food -denverfoodieDined on 6/26/2014The lunch buffet is unlike anything else in Denver - It's more like the luxe restaurants one finds in New York or San Francisco or the high-end buffets on luxury cruise ships - Top of the line, beautifully made and subtly seasoned and perfectly cooked food. Service was of the same caliber. And, of course, the restaurant is beautiful: open, light, modern and airy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Staff and Good FoodhappilydiningVIPDined on 6/25/2014Every staff member accomodated our every need with a great attitude. The food was exactly how we ordered it and everything was very good. We are already looking forward to going back.
- Not so greatExcellentVIPDined on 6/15/2014My husband really liked his Philly cheese steak but my sister and I both opted for the buffet. The only two bowls they had for the soup had what looked like ALOT of soot in/on them. The cod was extremely dried out and tough. The beef stew was good and the salad bar was good. Good wine selection. desserts on the buffet were also dried out but the cheese cake was exceptional. the crust was out of this world so that I would highly recommend. Our waiter was really nice and funny but had a hard time getting him to come to our table. Seemed like he was very busy but only 6 tables were occupied. Maybe he had other duties?? Probably won't go back for lunch. I might try dinner.Special Features:
- Horrible HyattDebeka57Dined on 6/15/2014Wanted to go to brunch after dropping our daughter off at Comic Con. Hyatt website said brunch buffet so my husband made a reservation. No brunch buffet, just a very starchy lunch buffet. Rice, baked potato bar which would have been okay if the potatoes were cooked, beef stew, turkey chili, bean soup and baked cod. A very small salad bar and some desserts. Plates were dirty. Asked for a mild Bloody Mary and although it was too spicy first time, was remade with no problem. All we could think is that the chef felt that the ComicCon attendees just ate starchy foods and that's what they needed. Three soup/stew choices on a buffet and only one entree is not a buffet. My husband had a very poor Fathers Day lunch.
- Great Food and LocationLuAnnDined on 5/31/2014We always try to dine here when we're attending an event at the convention center or the Performing Arts complex. We've always enjoyed to food and the service has been top notch. The buffet is well worth the small additional price.Special Features:
- Theatre goersLynarindtwnDined on 5/23/2014My daughter and I ate here before the show at the Denver Performing Arts. It was close, high end and the prime rib buffet was excellent. A good choiceSpecial Features:
- Love this place!Hollywood1806VIPDined on 5/18/2014Been here before for the lunch buffet, but this was the first time for dinner. Food was outstanding and server, Stephani, was wonderful. She was was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. Perfect dinner before a show at the Denver Performing Art Center which is only about 2 blocks away. Salmon was one of the best that I've had since moving here a year ago. Atmosphere is great and dinner was very relaxed. Server even asked when we were seated about our timing to make sure we had plenty of time before the show. Would definitely recommend for lunch or dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrTruthDined on 5/17/2014My friends and I enjoyed every meal consumed. The restaurant was always clean and inviting. The staff was friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ReasonableDEEMVIPDined on 5/15/2014Really pricy without a deal of some sort (like a gift card), but I always love the vibe -- moderate. Wish there was a happy hour, since I'm a regular. Nice waitress makes it a good time, of course. Thank you, Stephanie!Special Features:
- Good, plentiful, artufully preparedgoodfoodDined on 5/11/2014They pulled out all the stops for the Mothers Day 2014 Brunch offering - food was generous, overflowing and friendly staff. It was a great location, atmosphere and venue to treat our 73 year old in-laws (and our own pre-teen kids as well) to who were visiting from out of town. The price was as advertised and a drink for each of us was included. The entire experience exceeded my expectation....a real indulgence on a beautiful rocky mountain spring wet rain/snow afternoon in lovely downtown Denver. The lobby of the Hyatt Regency is also gorgeous and cozy which allowed for us to take a few family photos before departing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Altitude BrunchInFromtheBurbsDined on 5/11/2014Excellent food, great service. Have visited Altitude several years in a row for Mother's Day. It has become our favorite for this special occasion.Special Features:
- Needs Improvement!MaverickDined on 5/11/2014Service was SLOW and non-attentive. Omelet station was the best feature by far. Waffle station was slow and I notice they handles raw eggs then the cooked waffles without changing their gloves! Yuck, needless to say no waffle for me. One would expect more of a selection for 50 dollars a plate brunch.Special Features:
- Worth going if you are downtownjjfromboulderDined on 5/11/2014This is a good restaurant. The ambiance is very nice. If you are at the hotel you might as well eat there.Special Features:
- Service needs an upgradedigitalDCHDined on 4/30/2014While the customer service throughout the rest of the Hyatt Regency (where this restaurant lives) was outstanding, it is an entirely different story inside Altitude. Worst was the disinterested and downright unhelpful hostess who flat out refused to work with us when our business breakfast party unexpectedly grew by one. Food was average, but the overall experience was really ruined by the lack of service.
- Great for work lunchescabanmrDined on 4/22/2014I use this restaurant to take coworkers and clients. Buffet makes it easy for every type of eater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Price hikeLouieKDined on 4/20/2014I have gone to brunch on Easter at the Hyatt for many years. However it use to be $35 per person, and the food was out of this world. This year it was $45 per person, and the food was not at all up to par. I might as well have eaten at the Golden Corral. If it wasn't for tradition I wouldn't go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Spent way too much money for mediocre food. Drinks not included nor was parking. Will not go again or recommend to others.Special Features:
- Easter Brunch ExpereinceJab1Dined on 4/20/2014First time at the altitude for Easter Brunch and it was just great. Unbelievable selections, friendly and attentive waiters even though it was buffet brunch. There were enough diiferent types of foods to sample that it would be impossible to leave hungry. We felt the quality of the food was excellent. Would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedUcfgatorDined on 4/20/2014Overpriced for the food offered. Menu did not match the posted menu online.
- OvercookedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014I tried a small portion of all items in the buffet and was very disatisfied with the flavor and consistency of the food. Every item was overcooked except the soup, fish (the rice was) and prime rib. The flavor left my palate wanting!
- WowAIAPDined on 4/5/2014We came here for a special occasion and we were having a great day until we did come here. The food was great, it was better than expected but the service was very bad. It took about 45 minutes for us to get our food. The server rarely ever came around and we couldn't even spot her when we looked for her. My water glass was only filled once and was left empty for 25 minutes and then another 30 minutes after that. The approximate we spent there was 2 full hours! We ordered 1 appetizer, 2 entrees and 1 dessert. The service was too slow and we missed an important event because of it. We were only looking to spend 1 hour as usual for most restaurants but that didn't happen.Special Features:
- Great flavors!CrusaderVIPDined on 3/22/2014The food was great. Great flavors. Lovely surprise.Special Features:
- Service was badBooooDined on 3/21/2014The hostess who greeted us was rude. We finally got a table after waiting 40 minutes and are server did not greet us for almost 10minutes. I had to ask several times for a refill on my coffee. Food was ish. Wont go back.
- I expected bettermoniwoodDined on 3/17/2014I dined here several times for breakfast and lunch over a 3 day conference. Location was convenient at the hotel but that was all. Food was disappointing. Lacked flavor. Server continually pushed the buffet option but the buffet selection was not good, again not tasty, and made me feel like my server just preferred I get my own food rather than bother with my table. Location is so close to other restaurants in the downtown area, if I had to do it again I would definitely get off site away from the hotel more and not eat at Altitude.