Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Our front door is on the neighborhood facing side, in the Annie Street parking lot. Look for a black-stained door with a white and wood light-box sign. Our host will be waiting inside to welcome you! ADA accessible entry through the Sake Garden on the Congress sidewalk.
Our philosophy - is one of Cucina Italiana! We cook for you as we do for our family with “Una Passione Grande” in a polished casual atmosphere.
Our focus on the menu, includes fresh handmade pasta, seafood, meats, cheese, and desserts, along with handmade craft cocktails and award winning wine list.
Some of the typical items you will find on the menu at El Naranjo include guacamole, empanadas, ceviche and camarones enchipotlados. In addition, you can enjoy the homemade moles, all of which are made from scratch. El Naranjo is the place to dine for authentic flavor.
Aviary Wine + Kitchen is a funky, unique wine bar and restaurant on South Lamar. A neighborhood gem that brings international inspiration to the menu via the talents of our Chef team who craft small & large plates alongside our ever rotating selection of oysters and cheese & charcuterie. Pair your meal with a wine from our unique list of low intervention wines and lesser-known wine regions. Our knowledgeable staff is here to guide you! Seating is available both indoors in our socially distanced dining room and outside on our heated patio. Come see us for a night out with friends, a romantic evening for two, or happy hour with a coworker!
The bistro-style food menu (think Croque Madame, Steak Tartare & Frites, Grilled Chicken Paillard, & Steak au Poivre) is complemented by a frequently changing wine & bar program including unique bottles and classic cocktails The restaurant has a wraparound patio (open year round) and is ideal for people watching and hanging with your friends.
Named for the island at the crossroads of the Mediterranean, Cafe Malta finds inspiration in the cuisines of Italy, southern France, Morocco, Greece and Spain, and in the Mediterranean tradition, Cafe Malta cooks seasonally and features a variety of local ingredients.
- OTOpenTable DinerAustin •4 reviews5.0Dined todayImmediately walking in the door the moody lighting and ambience was perfect. Every single staff member who greeted and served us from the time we got there until we left had a great attitude and friendly demeanor. The food was obviously the highlight of the visit, absolutely incredible. Such great quality fish it melted in your mouth and the combination of flavors to excite your palate is unmatched. Could not recommend this place more and can’t wait to return.More infoNeighborhood SushiPrice: Expensive• Sushi• South Austin•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerAustin •8 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoABA, the Mediterranean oasis where even your taste buds take a vacation! The blackberry gin and tonic is like a flavor fiesta in a glass – it’s so good it should come with a warning label: ‘May cause addiction to Mediterranean bliss.’ As for the food, let’s just say ABA knows its way around a kitchen . My taste buds are considering permanent residency.More infoAba - AustinPrice: Very Expensive• Mediterranean• East Austin•4.8
- M1MangiamoPortland / Oregon •15 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoOur server Elle, was fantastic. She provided several suggestions for our first visit. She was professional and engaging. The entire staff was very attentive. The food was awesome, we had Ceaser salad (one of best/unique ever), warm burrata, mushroom pasta, and chicken parm. All very good. The ambiance was 'perfect rat pack italian'.More infoSammie's ItalianPrice: Expensive• Italian• Downtown•4.8
- KAKristaAvipNashville •5 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Food was so good. All the flavors were balanced perfectly. The oysters and cocktails were also top notch.More infoPerla's Seafood and Oyster BarPrice: Expensive• Seafood• Downtown•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerNew Orleans / Louisiana •6 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023First date for the New Year 2023 with my daughter!! We enjoyed the BrunchMore info1417 French BistroPrice: Expensive• French• Downtown•4.6
The 6 best new Austin restaurants of 2023
Austin’s restaurant scene always sizzles with top-notch Tex-Mex and next-level barbecue, but 2023 brought innovative new spots that combine Lone Star State swagger with global accents. These debuts were beloved by diners and critics alike, like a New American hotspot by a six-time James Beard Award nominee or a Latin-inspired, live-fire dazzler that earned a nod from the Austin American-Statesman. Read on for a guide to the six reservations you need to make at Austin’s hottest 2023 restaurant openings.
8 of Austin’s outstanding spots for celebrating special occasions
Austin loves a full-blown party, and the special-occasion restaurants in this famously quirky city are as distinct as the people who celebrate here. No matter what you’re marking, whether it’s an all-out graduation party—hook ’em horns!—or a romantic milestone under a sprawling Texas sky, this town’s got a spot for you. Read on for a guide to eight Austin restaurants perfect for special occasions.
Austin’s 8 favorite bars
Austin’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Where to find Austin’s best outdoor dining
Austin’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
18 restaurants that define dining in Austin
The Texan capital’s dining scene is as spirited as its residents. Read on for a guide to 18 restaurants that are vital to Austin.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Austin
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
8 Gameday Tables to Book in Austin This Fall
Everything, including football season, is decidedly bigger in Texas. In Austin, gameday fever takes on epic heights thanks to the University of Texas, set in the city’s buzzy downtown. When UT’s beloved Longhorns kick off their season on September 3, many fans will ditch their couches for TV screens at an array of lively bars and restaurants, which include everything from an airy downtown rooftop to a historic German-influenced dive. Though many spots serve up that faithful beer and wings combo, others pair brews and specialty cocktails with Irish pub grub, spicy Southwestern snacks, and New York-style pizza to fuel the fun. Here is OpenTable’s guide to Austin’s 8 best spots for watching football this fall—so book'em (horns).
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
Austin’s 10 Best Burgers
The Austin culinary scene centers high-quality beef: From steakhouses to tacos to barbecue, there is no shortage of places to get the best beef. That extends to burgers, too — from a family-run spot that sources the beef on its burgers from its own ranch to burger patties made from wagyu, the restaurants in Austin let burger lovers get their fix every night of the week. Here are ten of the best burgers in the city.
Discover South Austin
South Austin is an older part of town that has rolling hills and lots of oak trees. Many restaurants offer open-air patio seating for dining and often feature live music. This area has a young, artistic vibe, so you'll easily find vegetarian fare, yet you'll also find plenty of Lone Star State barbecue staples. Tex-Mex foods featuring smoked meat and melted American cheese are on most menus in one form or another whether it's chili con queso with spicy ground beef or a giant chicken fried steak. Authentic Mexican food and Margaritas, upscale seafood and delightful French bakeries are also options.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in South Austin is Cuba512
- Southridge Plaza Shopping Center
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin South
- South Austin Park
- AMCO Hotel and Suites Austin
- Saint Edwards University Baseball Field
- Zaatari Guest House
- Travis Heights Modern I
- Joslin Park
- Longview Park
- Saint Edwards University Soccer Field
- South Brook Town Center Shopping Center
- Southtowne Square Shopping Center
- Mable Davis Park
- Super 8 Austin Airport South
- Lake Hills Plaza Shopping Center
- Courtyard Austin South
- West Gate Shopping Center
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Austin SW - Sunset Valley
- Gus Fruh Park