Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Award-winning owner and Chef Ben Smith fuses various ethnic cuisines—from Asia and the South Pacific to France and the American South—to create unique and flavorful small plates and seafood specialties.
The cozy restaurant, adorned with local art and handmade accents, offers a unique bar centerpiece with fine wines and liquors, local draft beers, and daily-rotating specialty cocktails.
Consistently named “Best Seafood Restaurant” in the Memphis Magazine and Memphis Flyer, coveted Tsunami entrées including a spice-crusted tuna with wasabi vinaigrette, beef tenderloin with smoked chile butter, and roasted seabass with black Thai rice and soy beurre blanc.
Coastal Fish Company offers a unique fine-dining experience by having the freshest and best sourced seafood prepared in traditional styles and new twists. Want your favorite raw oysters ? Why not try them with one of our many savory sorbets. Care for a key lime pie to end your night on a sweet note? How about opting for the chocolate covered key lime pie to satisfy that chocolate craving. Along with all of the coastal fare, there are also ‘land’ options in both the appetizers and entrees that will satisfy any appetite.
Whether you sit outside in the cozy patio almost touching the lake, inside at the bar area full of energy, or in the dining room at a spacious and comfy booth, you are guaranteed to have excellent service, a wonderful meal, and a beautiful view.
The flavors in each of our recipes are blended with the finest ingredients, simplicity, elegance and love. I pledge that I will protect the Grisanti legacy while continuing to refine my art form. This restaurant is my gift to Memphis, the city that allowed my great-grandfather Rinaldo and our family to thrive and raise our children in the greatest place in the world. Salute!
Chef Judd Grisanti
In addition to the two outdoor igloos, we also now have multiple greenhouses outside to assist in social distancing and outdoor eating even during cold or rainy weather. These can be reserved via outdoor table bookings.
This is one way we can keep social distancing in place and still give all of you a great experience when you come back to see us.
We are looking forward to seeing all of you! We are doing everything we can to make sure your dining experience is comfortable and safe.
Native son Humphrey Folk, Jr. was a prominent and shrewd developer, whose hard work carried him all over the country, cultivating his sincere appreciation of food and fine wine.
Undaunted by a complete lack of restaurant or culinary experience, he decided to convert a quaint and intimate house into a small eatery. His peers offered little encouragement, so he added the word “folly” to his own name, and Memphis’ Original Prime Steak House was born.
With only a gentleman's handshake to signify agreement, Humphrey Folk welcomed famed Memphis restaurateur Thomas Boggs as managing partner of Folk's Folly in 2003.
This partnership built the bridge to the next generation and Folk's Folly Prime Steak House remains a family affair.
*PLEASE NOTE: ALL REQUESTS FOR PRIVATE DINING MUST BE MADE BY CONTACTING THE RESTAURANT DIRECTLY AT
- OTVancouver / British Columbia •1 review5.0Dined 7 days agoCourtney is the best server in Memphis #1 When we come back we'll be back !! John & JenniferMore infoComplicated PilgrimPrice: Moderate• American• Midtown / Cooper•4.6
- STSuziinTNvipMemphis / West Tennessee •207 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 28, 2023What a great bar this is. The crafted cocktails are excellent and there is something for everyone. The atmosphere is wonderful and there are great views from the windows. The food is very good - we tried 7 different items. Nice comfortable chairs too! The service was excellent!More infoTiger and PeacockPrice: Expensive• Cocktail Bar• Midtown / Cooper•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerWashington, D.C. Area •12 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023This is by far one of the best restaurants in Memphis. It’s not just an amazing music venue, but the food is outstanding! The manager, Julien, is the best in the business! We will be going back for sure!!More infoLafayette's Music Room MemphisPrice: Moderate• Creole / Cajun / Southern• Midtown / Cooper•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinervipMiami - Dade •4 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Sarah was great! The elk tenderloin is a must-have, as is the Caymus wine flight!More infoFlight Restaurant & Wine BarPrice: Expensive• American• Downtown•4.9
- KPKatrinaPMemphis / West Tennessee •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023My husband and I absolutely love this place!!! Everything is always delicious and the service is top notch!!!More infoPorch & Parlor Prime SteakhousePrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Downtown•4.9
Nestled on the Mississippi River in the southwestern corner of Tennessee, Memphis is home to more than 60 tourist attractions, the most famous of which is Graceland. While some Memphis eateries serve Elvis' famous peanut butter, bacon, and banana sandwich, it's not the only iconic dish you'll discover here. The dry-rub barbecue ribs and fried chicken are reason enough to visit. Local Memphians are also proud of the city's java offerings, not to mention its well-stuffed soul burgers and pulled pork (sometimes offered with BBQ nachos). Blues City is also known for its cozy downtown cocktail bars with Southern bites on the menu and live music in the background, laid-back taverns, and retro neighborhood haunts. There's even a Brazilian eatery with all-you-can-eat carved meat served tableside!
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Memphis is Tsunami
- Americas Best Value Inn
- Oakhaven Park
- Laurelwood Shopping Center
- Lewis Center Park
- Sycamore Square Mall Shopping Center
- Memphis International Airport
- Pink Palace Museum
- Orpheum Theater
- MEM Airport
- Marriott Memphis East
- Hampton Inn Memphis-Southwind
- Chickasaw Park
- Fuller State Park
- Candlewood Suites Memphis
- Obrien Park
- Millington South Park
- Plaza Center Shopping Center
- The Westin Memphis Beale Street
- Holiday Inn Memphis-University of Memphis
- Sun Studio