Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
With our limited menu, guests will start with our unlimited salad bar while preparing to enjoy premium ribeye hand-cut to order at their table, exquisite tenderloin filet, or Mitchell’s famous fried chicken. Our hand-cut ribeyes and filets use only the highest quality beef, ensuring a flavorful and tender meal. Pair your steak with our full range of hand-selected wines by the glass or bottle for the perfect dining experience.
Gather with family and friends, where casual elegance meets a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Let the evening slow around you as the sunset vistas stun; we’ll take care of everything else.
Skyline offers exceptional views of Downtown Lynchburg from both inside and out. You’ll enjoy comforting food, exceptional service, and a cozy atmosphere when you dine here. This contemporary rooftop bar offers a lively environment for enjoying good food with good friends.
RA Bistro provides a menu that is a seasonally inspired mix of burgers, sandwiches, main entrées and desserts.
Start out with an appetizer to share at Shoemakers Grille such as the onion rings with spicy ketchup or the blackened seared ahi tuna. Choose from dinner entrées like the filet mignon, the double breast of roasted chicken or the blackened grilled salmon filet. For vegetarians, try the personalized vegetable plate.
- OTOpenTable DinerVirginia •4 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoWe always get the prefix menu to enjoy a little of everything. The bread was hot and delicious. The salad was fresh and large. The filet, mashed potatoes and asparagus was all cooked perfectly. The steak cut like butter and the flavor is out of this world. The chocolate coconut cow cake is heavenly. I would highly recommend going here.More infoWilliam & HenryPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Lynchburg•4.7
- RRRonRvipVirginia •7 reviews5.0Dined on Sep 19, 2023Best experience I’ve had at Shoemaker’s. I read they have a new chef and he is amazing! I am Greek and i must say I’ve eaten a lot of lamb shank over the years, and i had my best ever last night! The drinks were delicious as well! I’ll be back to stay at Craddock Terry and I’ll be back for that lamb soon! My coworkers both said they each had the best steak of their life as well, one the filet and the other the ribeye. So, they really hit it out of the park!More infoShoemaker's GrillePrice: Expensive• American• Lynchburg•4
- OTOpenTable DinerNew York / Tri-State Area •3 reviews5.0Dined on Sep 8, 2023Love the team approach to service and the food was very good!More infoRA BistroPrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• Lynchburg•4.4
- JRJasmineRVirginia •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023The food was amazing and the staff was friendly. There was a bit of a wait in the beginning due to a large party being served, but this resolved quickly and the wait staff continued to check in with reassurances. I would definitely come here again with a fuller party!More infoSkylinePrice: Expensive• American• Lynchburg•4.7
- SStargazervipVirginia •17 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Great food - quick service, and they got everything right even though it was very busy.More infoThe Neighbors PlacePrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• Lynchburg•4.3
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Virginia
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
If you're looking for a Virginia neighborhood with a generous selection of drinkables and cuisine, Lynchburg is the place for you. Lynchburg is home to wineries, breweries and distilleries, whose offerings are most often served up in the neighborhood’s many steakhouses. After a day of historic sightseeing, you can enjoy spaghetti fra diavolo, mesquite chicken caesar salads or pizza in one of the neighborhood’s Italian restaurants. Many visitors adore the classics offered in cafés here, like Louisiana crab cakes or Tuscan chicken. Whether your trip to Lynchburg includes a full itinerary or a relaxing weekend, the town’s eateries will ensure that you’ll remember the wonderful food.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Lynchburg is Fleming Mountain Grill
- Staunton Plaza Shopping Center
- The Shoppes of Appomattox Shopping Center
- Craddock Terry Hotel & Event Center
- Jackson Heights Park
- Pest House Medical Museum
- Sandusky Park
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lynchburg Liberty University
- Cedar Hills Golf Course
- Amelon Square Shopping Center
- College Park
- Graves Mill Shopping Center
- Boonsboro Shopping Center
- Gretna Station Historical
- River Ridge Mall Shopping Center
- Waterlick Plaza Shopping Center
- London Downs Golf Course
- Lone Jack Station
- War Memorial Park
- Gretna Town Park
- Fairview Square Shopping Center