Severance at Palihotel Melrose
Severance is a Montreal inspired wine and cocktail bar offering a wide selection of esoteric wines, small batch, craft spirits, and a selection of Champagne punches. Plus a hearty menu of Québécois inspired small plates and snacks from Poutine to shareable cheese fondues.
- Surfaces sanitized between seatings
- Common areas deep cleaned daily
- Digital, disposable or sanitized menu provided
- Sanitizer or wipes provided for customers
- Contactless payment available
- Limited number of seated diners
- Distancing maintained in common areas
- Extra space between tables
- Waitstaff wear masks
- Diners must wear masks unless eating or drinking
- Sick staff prohibited in the workplace
- Staff temperature check required
- Diner temperature check required
- Contact tracing information collected
Mother's Day Menus & Specials
Open for Mother's Day Brunch with a full a la carte menu 11am-3pm featuring sweet & savory crepes, cheese fondue, and a selection of classics off our main menu.
Ambience was really nice, and our server was good. Unfortunately the food was incredibly disappointing. There wasn't much to speak of for the salad, but for $14 it would have been nice to have a larger portion or better flavors. The fondue was the worst we've had. The potatoes that came with it were cold. The cocktails were also not great. Furthermore the entire meal was expensive. We left pretty dissatisfied and got more food elsewhere.
- Even though we requested indoor, we were first seated in empty courtyard outside. Relocated inside without issue
- 3 appetizers were served before drinks were.
- finally one cocktail was served but glass of wine took another 5 minutes.
- poutine was Luke warm at best. Cheese was still cold. Short ribs were dry and little flavor.
42$ for a tiny fondue, it’s not even close to enough for 2 people. Misrepresentation of dish, fondue inaccurately prepared and served, should be renamed to “hot cheese dip”. The dish was literally two Gruyer and Emmetaler cheeses from Ralph’s with A HEAPING AMOUNT of salt. First of all, it was so salty that I was unable to finish and had a very hard time eating it after 2 dips. Second of all, it was not fondue at all:
- was served lukewarm, it was already chunky when it arrived
- a key element of fondue is white wine, which was clearly absent in their dish
- should have been a flame under the fondue pot to prevent the cheese from becoming solid (that’s literally the whole point of the dish) instead of a tiny white generic tealight candle that by no law of physics can pass heat through the CAST IRON pot.
- the consistency was completely off, it was chunky, not at all stringy or creamy and thick. It was like a semi microwave melted mozzarella
- real fondue becomes stiff at the bottom of the pot, like a good grilled cheese. That crust, as per Swiss traditions, is also savored. While this joke-of-a-dish became cold, less than half way though.
For some reason they thought it would be a good idea to chop COLD potatoes into 1/12 of an inch pieces. Those nanopartcile potatoes then got lost in the cheese. Oh well.
Horrible experience, would NOT recommend. Also mentioned to the waiter (who made us stand like idiots in the middle of the restaurant for 15 minutes before being seated, even though we had a reservation and the place was only at 20% capacity) that the fondue was very salty, he said: WELL ITS SUPPOSED TO BE SALTY
You can order delivery directly from Severance at Palihotel Melrose using the Order Online button. Severance at Palihotel Melrose also offers takeout which you can order by calling the restaurant at (323) 424-3055.
Yes, you can generally book this restaurant by choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable. Due to local restrictions, this restaurant may not be accepting reservations at the moment.