- SHSharonHChicago / Illinois •8 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoFood and service was exceptional as usual. However their night lighting is so low that reading their menu necessitates using a phone light.More infoPrimal Cut SteakhousePrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Tinley Park•4.6
- CKCarolKChicago / Illinois •6 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoEmily took fantastic care of us and was attentive and engaged without making us feel rushed. The food, as aways, was outstanding. NO ONE can make scallops and Linguine Fruit de Mare like Ottimo's. Just when we thought we couldn't enjoy Ottimo's more, they top themselves again. I know it takes a full team working hard to provide the experience Ottimo's provides, so a sincere thank you to all!More infoOsteria OttimoPrice: Moderate• Italian• Orland Park•4.8
- CMChristyMChicago / Illinois •6 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoMr. Benny's is a great old school steakhouse. Portions are large and entrees come with soup or salad, potato, and a vegetable. Our steaks were perfectly cooked and delicious. We were seated in the bar area but noise levels were low. Our server, Andrew, was attentive but not intrusive and very friendly and helpful. This was an excellent dining experience.More infoMr. Benny's SteakhousePrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Mokena•4.8
- RDRyanDChicago / Illinois •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023First time at this location and was very pleased. Very contemporary. Loved the food glad we got the lunch time specials.More infoCooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - New LenoxPrice: Moderate• American• Mokena•4.6
- JjaninemvipLas Vegas •8 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Great service!More infoDancing MarlinPrice: Moderate• American• Frankfort•4.7
Chicago’s 9 hottest restaurant openings of 2023
Chicago’s most thrilling restaurant debuts of the year include a nationally acclaimed South Indian spot and a Ukrainian spot from a James Beard Award-winning duo.
4 freewheeling, fun restaurant trends that emerged in 2023
Maximalism, a bigger focus on the bar, transportive meals, and other restaurant trends to know from the year gone by.
10 special occasion-worthy restaurants in Chicago
Chicagoans know that special-occasion meals come in all shapes and sizes. And even though many celebrations in this Midwestern sports town are centered around home team victories, championships aren’t the only reasons to party here. These Windy City restaurants transform a regular Saturday (or Monday or Tuesday) night into an unforgettable evening. Read on for a guide to the 10 best places in Chicago for celebrating special occasions right now.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
6 new restaurants making a splash in Chicago right now
Chicago’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support on Juneteenth, and everyday. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Chicago’s 8 favorite bars
Chicago’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges and charming wine bars to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
15 restaurants that define Chicago
Meet the best restaurants that define Chicago's dining scene, capturing its past and present while also imagining its future.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
The 11 Best Restaurants in Chicago for a Romantic Date Night
Whether it’s for that special February holiday or just because, the Windy City abounds with romantic restaurants. A sexy seafood spot in River North serves exquisite oysters and liquid nitrogen cocktails. In the West Loop, a Croatian Italian restaurant steered by a Top Chef winner has plenty of cozy corners for cuddling. A flamenco guitarist serenades diners at a 50-year-old fondue favorite in Lakeview. Chicago has plenty of options for your next date, whether you’re looking for a casual evening of quiet conversation or a show-stopping display of culinary wooing. Go ahead and put down that heart-shaped chocolate box and book a table at one of these 11 romantic restaurants instead.
9 Bucket-List Burgers in Chicago
Deep-dish pizza and loaded hot dogs might be what the Windy City is known for, but Chicago knows how to make a damn good burger. The city is jam-packed with restaurants presenting their takes on the ground meat sandwich. Think Venteux’s chuck patty topped with raclette and crispy shallots, Adorn’s dry-aged prime beef burger, or Blue Door Farm Stand’s vegan quinoa burger with mango chutney. Here are the best burgers you do not want to miss in Chicago.
In a tourist town, it's easy to get caught up in the typical tourist districts. But the non-tourists know that sometimes the most electrifying flavors aren't found in the downtown hullabaloo of a big city but are in the quiet suburbs instead. Just South of Chicago, this is the case for Mokena. Seek out a classic Chicago-style hot dog (mustard, pickles, onions, celery salt-- the works) from a food truck minus the Chicago-style lines you'd normally wait in. Kitschy dives with relaxed, welcoming menus offer everything from Chinese to Italian fare, you'll also find Mexican food and winning margaritas here. If you happen to find yourself in the outskirts craving downtown ambiance, worry not because there is no shortage of pizza parlors here. One deep-dish pie, coming up!
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Mokena is Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - New Lenox
- Hilton Garden Inn Chicago/Tinley Park
- Hickory Creek Shopping Center
- Lions Park
- Lincoln Way Center Shopping Center
- Summit Station Historical
- Potawatomi Woods County Forest Preserve
- Hickory Creek Barrens Nature Preserve
- Haley Park
- Haines Wayside Park
- Super 8 Mokena
- Nelson Plaza Shopping Center
- Hickory Creek County Forest Preserve
- Tri Star Park
- Sanctuary Golf Course
- Corcoran Park
- Will County Forest Preserve
- Willowview Park
- Winderwere Park
- Heght Park
- Stonebridge Park