Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Located on the fourth floor of the Hotel Puerto Valdés, in Puerta de Tierra, it has a view of the San Juan Bay and one of the most complete Argentine wine cellars locally. Its cuisine offers a wide variety of select cuts of meat, poultry and seafood that are roasted using the thousand-year-old concept of Kamado.
But what is Kamado? It is an ancient art of cooking meat that allows its flavors and textures to be unique and of an exquisite flavor for the palate. As our executive chef Kenia Rodriguez describes us “cooking meat in Kamado is an art. Carnes Steakhouse offers a relaxed atmosphere for dinner. On its terrace, the visitor will be able to observe the beautiful bay of San Juan, and when there are cruise ships, the view is much more interesting.
To accompany the meats, the pairing is made with a delicious selection of Argentine wines in a cellar that includes an interesting variety.
¿Que ma' tu quieres?
El Vino Crudo is located in the heart of Old San Juan - la Calle Fortaleza. We are nestled in a building from the 1700s, displaying the timeless aura old world charm. Our goal is to provide quality wines from around the world and a warm ambiance to have fun with them. The wine we represent is real, from wacky and eccentric to laser focused and refined, always sourced from growers who follow organic and biodynamic farming practices. Wine is meant to be made without intervention and it is meant to be enjoyed.
**Please note, our kitchen closes at 10pm from Wednesday through Saturday and at 9pm on Sunday.**
We have world-class live music nightly: Monday's and Thursdays we have jazz music at around 6:30 pm, and on Tue, Wed, Th, Friday & Saturday we have Jazz Piano from 8 PM, and on Saturday's, a Classic Rock Duo, from 6:30 PM.
Nested on the plaza level of the historic art deco Banco Popular building, Carli's warm and artistic vibe will charm you while you savor exotic assortments of gourmet tapas and exquisite international entrees, or sip on your favorite martini from our classic bar on our main room or under the stars with a view of the SJ Bay.
Carli’s excels in the art of fine dining and live jazz entertainment, without sacrificing the comfort of casual elegance and competitive pricing. Live music begins nightly.
- EDElenDvipDenver / Colorado •18 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoLovely anniversary dinner with authentic and delicious French foodMore infoTrois Cent OnzePrice: Expensive• Contemporary French• San Juan•4.9
- OTOpenTable DinerCaribbean •2 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoVery relaxing and enjoyable. One of my favorite places in old San Juan. Love when Carlis, the owner, plays the piano. He is truly an artist!🏼More infoCarli's Fine Bistro & PianoPrice: Expensive• Contemporary American• Old San Juan•4.6
- MBMB1234Caribbean •10 reviews5.0Dined on Sep 2, 2023Gilbert was an excellent waiter. He provided us great recommendations. My favorite sushi was the Kari Kari, but all we’re great. It was our second time at the restaurant and will definitely come back.More infoAzalea Latin Asian • SushiPrice: Expensive• Latin / Spanish• Old San Juan•4.7
- SShariceWashington, D.C. Area •4 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023The food was phenomenal! I absolutely adored the octopus risotto and my partner talked about the steak the next night. Loved eating outdoors under the large umbrella, even while raining, because it added to the peaceful ambiance.More infoEl AsadorPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Old San Juan•4.2
- OTOpenTable DinerFayetteville / Northwest Arkansas •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We visited on New Year’s day and had a curated 5 course meal. The food and presentation was fantastic. Have heard stories of 2-3hr wait time. We had a reservation and walked straight into our table. Dinner took almost 3 hours but we loved every minute of it. If we come back to PR, we will be back. Definitely recommending this.More infoMarmalade Restaurant & Wine BarPrice: Very Expensive• Fusion / Eclectic• San Juan•4.9
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Old San Juan is Carli's Fine Bistro & Piano