Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
For reservations for 5 guests or more, please call us directly.
Rated 2 of 3 stars in 2019 Where to Eat in Canada.
Each and every facet of a dining experience has a story. From the pedigree of our food products, our partnerships with indigenous farmers, foragers and fishermen, to our guests who choose to celebrate their “continuing story” with us.
Private dining room available.
Please have a look at our menus though please note that the regular menus may not be entirely current as there may be a delay from open table in re-posting the most up-to-date ones. See our website for current menus.
We hope to welcome you soon!
Open for lunch service Tuesday-Friday 1130-230
Open for Supper service Tuesday-Sunday 5-10pm
We keep bar seating open for walk-ins each night so feel free to pop in.
Reservations recommended, walk-ins welcome but not guaranteed.
***Please note when picking a reservation time that our licence requires minors (even sweet tiny little babies) to be out of the restaurant by 10pm, sorry for the inconvenience.
At Lou Pécou, you will find exclusive finely curated dishes with a Provençal touch, a wide range of organic and biodynamic wines, signature cocktails, house-made desserts, and much more!
Indian music, Ideal space for young professionals, groups, get-togethers, team meetings.
Tandoori dishes, freshly baked naan made to order, cocktails crafted to go with Indian food.
Beautiful patio over looking public garden, Private room, Live music, Ladies night, singles mixer night.
Simply stated, Gio is the definitive dining experience of downtown Halifax. Since inception in 2006, the restaurant has garnered critical acclaim from those impressed by the ambition and execution of its four-diamond food and service. Dining with a twist, expect fun aside fancy, from the atmosphere to the plate. A divine and diverse menu shifts with every season, combining the best in local and global ingredients. Open for dinner and Sunday brunch, the restaurant also offers exquisite cocktails designed to enhance your experience and features a sommelier-selected wine list. Gio's private dining can easily accommodate groups of 10 to 20 with our Chef Greg Burns offering individually crafted menus to personalize your time with us.
We are perfectly located in the center of downtown just moments away from sporting, music and theatrical venues.
Life is a menu - Choose well
Visit our famous Oyster Bar for a selection of Maritime oysters, succulent appetizers and an extensive list of wines and martinis. Enjoy one of Nova Scotia's largest scotch selections, featuring over 75 single malts and listen to our grand piano played by some of Halifax's finest musicians every Friday and Saturday night, beginning at 8:30pm.
The Henry Room
Our 18th century private dining room comfortably accommodates 15 guests. In addition, we offer one semi-private space, suitable for up to 28 guests.
We do not reserve tables in our main floor live music room, and do not accept reservations for our outdoor patio area's in the summer.
The Celtic heart of Halifax, The Old Triangle is a casual Irish pub. We feature an extensive menu of traditional Irish and Atlantic Canadian dishes, including gluten free, vegetarian and children's menus. We have an extensive selection of beverages, including local craft and imported beers, excellent wines and a fine selection of whiskies. The main stage features live music 7 nights a week. A 60 seat patio in the summer, whiskey flights all year round, and the best staff in the city!
From the moment you step through our doors, you'll be greeted with the intoxicating aromas of freshly baked pizza and pasta cooking to perfection in our wood-fired oven. Our dedication to using only the freshest ingredients ensures that every bite you take bursts with flavor and authenticity.
Our menu offers a wide variety of Italian delights that cater to all. Whether you crave a slice of Neapolitan-style Margherita pizza, handmade with the finest mozzarella and San Marzano tomatoes, or a house-made spaghetti tossed in a rich ragù, our kitchen is always ready to deliver an unforgettable culinary experience.
- AAAdamAAtlantic Canada •3 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoFood was delicious and cooked as we wanted, the wait staff were very friendly and the atmosphere was very warm and relaxing. It was a special moment for our daughter’s 14th birthday :)More infoThe Keg Steakhouse + Bar - HalifaxPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Halifax•4.6
- VCVanessaC1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoMy experience at Five Fishermen was nothing short of exceptional. I chose this distinguished establishment to celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday with a sumptuous lobster dinner, and I must say that every moment was infused with warmth and kindness. On this significant day, my daughter was treated to a level of care and consideration that surpassed our highest expectations. It was Skyler, our attentive server, who truly transformed our evening into an unforgettable memory. Skyler's dedication to ensuring that my daughter felt cherished on her special day was both heartwarming and remarkable. As we left Five Fishermen that evening, my daughter radiated happiness, feeling as if she were on top of the world. I extend my heartfelt gratitude to Skyler and the entire staff for crafting an experience that will forever hold a cherished place in our hearts. Five Fishermen has not only impressed us with its delectable cuisine but also with the unparalleled kindness and attention to detail that make dining there an outstanding experience.More infoThe Five FishermenPrice: Very Expensive• Seafood• Halifax•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinerNew York / Tri-State Area •2 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoFirst time in town, my intention was to get a tast of Halifax. The ratings on OpenTable led through to this restaurant, I didn’t care that it was not listed as upscale, but let me tell you, this restaurant is by all means high class. The service the ambiance the food the taste the music-though little loud- is just right on. Hard to find better service better ambiance and better food around the world, and I’ve been around. Loren, the waitress from Ontario was so professional and friendly and it’s hard to forget her smiling face. The check was so modest for this high quality dishes I would pay double what I payed with a smile of content on my face. Five deserved stars.More infoSalt & Ash - HalifaxPrice: Moderate• Canadian• Halifax•4.3
- LHLoganHMontreal / Quebec •2 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoAnother great experience at Darya! They still had their patio open, so I opted to sit out there, and the nighttime views of the water were great! Great service, and great food! My server recommended the chic peas appetizer, and it was great! I couldn’t help but order the octopus and couscous once again for my main since it was SO good last time. They also had a great deal on wine, so I ordered an 8oz glass of rosé for only 9$. The maitre d is also very friendly and provides a great first impression as you enter the restaurant. Will absolutely be back!More infoDaryaPrice: Expensive• Mediterranean• Halifax•4.6
- DKDonKAtlantic Canada •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Joel, our server, was very helpful but not pushy. We will definitely be back, as the food was delicious. No problem finding parking spot in the parking garage. It's very nice that they give wine to those celebrating an event such as anniversary or birthday, but they also give you a little enticement to return by giving a voucher for a free appetizer when you do return. All very nice.More infoChop Steakhouse & Bar - HalifaxPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Halifax•4.6
Frequently asked questions
As of October 1, 2023 there are 62 restaurants in Halifax. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Canadian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Global, International, French and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Halifax who deliver with Uber Eats, ChowNow, Skip The Dishes, Toast.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Halifax either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Ketch Harbour
- Oceanstone Seaside Resort
- Bmo Centre
- Stardust Motel - Timberlea
- Haliburton House Museum A Part of The Nova Scotia Museum
- Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel
- Future Inns Halifax Hotel & Conference Centre
- Phoenix Hollow B&B
- Rosewood On The Cove Cottages
- Canadian Forces Base Halifax
- Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake
- Dalhousie University
- Halifax Waterfront Boardwalk
- Historic Properties
- Halifax Court House
- Saint Mary's University Alumni Arena
- Art Gallery of Nova Scotia
- Dauphinee Inn
- Peggys Cove