Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
If you are not feeling well or showing symptoms of Covid-19 please do not enter the restaurant.
Please do not enter the restaurant without reservations. A staff member will come outside to arrange for a reservation.
Please maintain at least six feet of distance from the staff and other guests.
In addition to requirements from the State of Alabama Safer at Home Order, the City of Birmingham and the Jefferson County Department of Public Health we are taking the following additional precautions as posted on our website boccabirmingham.com.
We look forward to serving you.
Tom Saab and the Bocca Ristorante Staff
Nestled in the heart of Downtown Birmingham’s Financial and Theater District, Bistro 218 features side by side dining concepts.
Guests can enjoy a glass of wine or craft cocktail in our upscale casual bar room and indulge in a full bar menu under or proceed through the French doors into the main dining room and take pleasure in French classics paired with seasonally procured wines and local craft beers. Reservations are available in either room.
Ever changing menus are seasonal, with Gulf Coast influences and feature local foragers and farms supplying the best Alabama has to offer.
Bistro 218 honors the traditions of French bistros with minimalist decor in a historical setting. Dark Brazilian mahogany, high ceilings and exposed brick adorned with local art emanate a comforting yet elegant atmosphere that is perfect for a romantic dinner, a pre-theater meal or a relaxing night out.
Bellini's features 100% Prime Organic Beef, housemade pastas, veal, seafood and classic Tuscan Italian dishes. Bellini's maintains an extensive wine selection and weekly desert specials. Our bar opens weekdays at 4pm for drinks and dinner service begins at 5pm Monday to Saturday.
We have two private dining areas available for large parties. Our private dining room accommodates 20 to 25 patrons and features a 48" TV with audio visual capabilities. Our Intimate Dining room accommodates 10 to 15 patrons. Reservations are suggested.
With nightly live music, an intimate stage setting, a creative southern menu, chic cocktail lounge, and even an elegant event space on the second floor, there really is nothing else in Birmingham like the Fennec.
For booking large parties with 10 or more guests, please call our store directly and speak with a Manager.
Our Tasting Room Bar area features our one of a kind craft cocktails, engineered to enhance every unique feature our spirits have to offer. Our Tasting Room is a combination of Bold and Elegant, & provides the perfect vibe for you to enjoy the fruits of our labors by pairing the perfect cocktail & your favorite food menu item. The menu features a perfect mix of selections to meet any occasion. Be sure to checkout our new Veranda space, it is the perfect place to relax and unwind, with your favorite people & our craft cocktails. We often feature live music on the Veranda, so be sure to follow us on social media outlets to stay updated on all the happenings.
We invite you to come and be inspired by the journey as you take part in our Dread River experience.
- LCLCC1Alabama •6 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoI had the Red Snapper over succotash. The succotash was very tasty and creative with the addition of a few leaves of arugula. The snapper was cooked to perfection. I splurged on Strawberry Shortcake for dessert. It was suburb! The waiter was very attentive. I have no complaints about the entire experience.More infoBistro VPrice: Moderate• American• Birmingham•4.8
- RFRyanF1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoWent for a work meeting, had an excellent experience with our server and the delicious food.More infoNorth Italia Restaurant - BirminghamPrice: Moderate• Italian• Birmingham•4.6
- CSChrisSAlabama •24 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoGalley and Garden prepares a wonderful Sunday brunch.More infoGalley and GardenPrice: Moderate• American• Birmingham•4.8
- AAnniversaryAlabama •62 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoOutside of being sat bunched up.close to a large party of women, a couple quite obnoxious, after specifically requested somewhere quiet and low foot traffic it was exceptional. Our service was top notch, the food was all so good. I had the ribeye, and while a little past medium rare the flavors were well developed. My husband had the grouper and was a part of the clean plate club in no time. Lol We will definitely return for dinner again.More infoBocca RistorantePrice: Expensive• Italian• Birmingham•4.9
- OTOpenTable DinervipNew York / Tri-State Area •1 review5.0Dined on Sep 14, 2023It was a wonderful dinner and birthday celebration.More infoDaniel George Restaurant and BarPrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• Birmingham•4.9
Southern hospitality and flavor go hand-in-hand in this up-and-coming Alabama city. Each neighborhood of Birmingham offers up its own personal character, and while this feature is often overshadowed by football and cities far larger in size, foodies recognize this place as a true hidden treasure. Looking for something trendy and photo-worthy? Go for a sushi burrito or spicy tuna nachos or head to one of the many coffeeshops for a latte and avocado toast. Though breweries were outlawed here several years ago, the craft beer scene is now flourishing and is more than worth the visit to Birmingham on its own. Most essential to your visit is undoubtedly the classic comfort food and barbecue, and you can rest assured that all the fixins' here are as local and homegrown as the community.
Stadium or Arena
Hotel / Lodging
Frequently asked questions
As of September 22, 2023 there are 44 restaurants in Birmingham. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Steakhouse, Italian, Contemporary American, Sushi and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Birmingham who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Birmingham either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.