Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Unwind at our cocktail bar, offering Japanese beers, cocktails, and the city's finest whiskies. No need to dine; reserve a table for drinks only. Join us for a standalone bar experience or as part of your dining adventure.
Nominated for Cheshire Lifes Manchester Restaurant of the Year, MUSU has received glowing reviews, including praise from Grace Dent in The Guardian.
Embark on a culinary journey, indulge in traditional Japanese delicacies, or enjoy a memorable meal in our stylish setting. Book now and discover the essence of MUSU.
Hotel. You can expect live music, vintage spirits, rare wine and elegant cocktails all
served alongside bar snacks.
Please note that we only able to accept a certain amount of reservations each day as we leave a lot of tables for walk-ins, so please do not be put off visiting us if you are unable to reserve.
We have a 15 minute grace period for each booking.
We are a seated venue only and all reservations are guaranteed 2 hours at the table.
We are an over 18's only venue and do not accept cash.
With over 25 years of experience collectively, bartender brothers Joe and Daniel Schofield always had a vision to return to their home city of Manchester to open their eponymous venue;
SCHOFIELD’S BAR graces the corner of Sunlight House, one of the most iconic buildings in the north of England.
The art deco masterpiece of architect Joseph Sunlight was the tallest building in Manchester upon completion during the 1930s, a decade of great importance for cocktail culture. An era of grand and luxurious bars, known for their hospitality and classic cocktails.
Please note that we are only able to accept a handful of reservations each day as we are a walk-in led venue so please do not be put off visiting us if you are unable to reserve. All reservations are only guaranteed 2 hours at the table.
We have a great selection of drinks including cocktails, mocktails, beers, spirits and soft drinks.
Please note, when booking: For outdoor seating there is an outdoor menu only which can be found on our website.
Please note when booking: Please count baby’s/children as guests or if you require space for a pram and put a note within the booking request section.
For tables of 5 or more, we would charge a deposit of £10 per person and then this will be removed off the bill, if the entire party arrives. For no shows or late cancellations, you will be subject to a charge of £20 per person that will be applied to the credit card on file.
With restaurants in Brighton, Hove, London and Bristol, and a delivery branch in Brixton, we look forward to feeding you soon.
The restaurant is open Wednesday to Saturday at dinnertime and Friday and Saturday lunchtime. At lunch a £35 per person seasonal set sharing menu is offered alongside an à la carte menu.
At dinner both à la carte and a seasonal set sharing menu at £45 per person are available. We often hold space for walk-ins at the kitchen bar counter so pop by and have some plates and a glass of wine!
Reservations of up to ten guests are accepted. For parties of 7x guests and over, the seasonal set sharing menu is served.
Please note: To celebrate Christmas we will serve a seasonal feast sharing menu at £55 per guest from 15th November–30th December 2023 for parties of all sizes at dinnertime. Our usual à la carte menu is available throughout this period. The seasonal feast sharing menu is £45 per guest at lunchtimes.
Our menu takes you on a journey through Asia where you can enjoy sushi & sashimi, small dishes such as prawn tempura, and large dishes including the likes of slow-cooked pork belly and avocado crispy tofu. All our meals are the perfect match for our theatrical drinks and cocktails.
On the weekend, our vibrant destination comes alive with entertainment, music, and DJs, encouraging you to stay and play late into the night.
Taking centre stage in the venue, the sushi chefs will serve up an exquisite raw menu featuring a selection of freshly made dishes including black and blue tuna with pickled kohlrabi and squid ink tuille, horse mackerel ceviche and Wagyu beef tataki with crispy shallots.
Traditionally cooked over open flames, the Robata menu includes the finest cuts of Wagyu with king oyster mushrooms, barbary duck breast and mirin chicken yakitori. Those who favour seafood can enjoy a whole sea bass served with red miso and sake, monkfish with clementine. Kentucky fried calamari with matcha aioli and vegetable yasai top of the tempura offering.
TUE - 5pm until 11pm
WED - 5pm until 11pm
THU - 5pm until 11pm
FRI - 5pm until 1am
SAT - 5pm until 1am
SUN - 5pm until 11pm
*please note there is a cake charge of £20 for celebration cakes brought into the venue.
Our menu features a US’ interpretation of international dishes, favouring social dining tapas style as well as bottomless brunch, afternoon tea & events.
Please note, 48 HOURS NOTICE IS REQUIRED FOR AFTERNOON TEA BOOKINGS.
When making your reservation please indicate whether you will be dining or joining us for drinks only.
Tables of 2 are allocated 1.5 hours at the table. All larger tables are allocated 2 hours.
For parties of 7 or more, guests dine from our set menu or bottomless brunch menu and a pre-order is required.
We require a £15pp deposit for all Friday and Saturday bookings, this can be paid via our website.
Please note - if your party size changes less than 48 hours before you reservation, the £15 paid will not be deducted from the final bill.
You can find all this in Northern Quarter, Manchester, only a few min walk from the iconic Arndale Centre.
Family run restaurant with homely, warm atmosphere. If you're lucky you may even be able to catch the owner around the restaurant floor and you might want to know that he is also the head chef. But be careful! He does love to have a bit of a chat :)
The Blues Kitchen has the largest selection of bourbon, whiskey and rye in the city.
Expect live shows every night with club nights every Friday and Saturday.
- AAnonHertfordshire •3 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoWe went for the lunch menu, food was lovely and there was enough! Definitely recommend the Chocolate Tofu! Service was excellent, Eva in the Manchester restaurant was outstanding. We will definitely be back!More infoLucky Cat ManchesterPrice: Expensive• Asian• Manchester•4.4
- CTCharleneT1 review5.0Dined 6 days agoFirst time dining at Almost Famous GN to celebrate my sons 18th Birthday. We had a lovely evening, food was delicious, portion size was incredibly generous and great value for money. A good night was had by us all and would definitely return. My only grumble was drink service was very slow and it was very loud for a Monday night.More infoAlmost Famous - Great NorthernPrice: Moderate• Burgers• Manchester•4.5
- MWMarieWStaffordshire •5 reviews5.0Dined on Sep 16, 2023We had a late lunch and would highly recommend. The building, the staff (particularly the maitre’d from Sardinia) , the food and service were all spot on. We will definitely be back, thanks for a special afternoon.More infoRosso RestaurantPrice: Very Expensive• Italian• Manchester•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinerLondon •6 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Excellent quality of food from the mouth watering steak to the sides. Once you eat a steak at Hawksmoor you can not eat steak anywhere else. The sides are plenty to go around. Steaks well prepared and worth it. The welcome was warm and professional, attention to detail. A truly great experience one worth trying. Definitely will be going to Hawksmoor for my next steak.More infoHawksmoor ManchesterPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Manchester•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerLondon •4 reviews4.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We came here for the Sunday platter as it was always a favourite and unfortunately it’s changed (and reduced in size, it used to be three meats); so there was no pork or red cabbage which was now an extra at an additional cost. You’d be better to order the individual roasts and choose your extras. The food however was really really nice, and the service was amazing! The restaurant itself is beautiful.More infoThe Restaurant at The RefugePrice: Moderate• Global, International• Manchester•4.3
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Manchester is The Ivy Brasserie, Spinningfields
- Library Theatre Manchester
- Manchester Art Gallery
- Manchester Cathedral
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Contact Theatre Manchester
- Cornerhouse Manchester
- MAN Airport
- University of Manchester
- Corn Exchange Manchester
- G-Mex Centre
- The Velodrome Manchester
- Manchester Academy
- Manchester Museum
- Manchester Evening News Arena
- Capitol Theatre Manchester
- Bridgewater Hall Manchester
- Whitworth Art Gallery Manchester
- Royal Northern College of Music
- Manchester Opera House
- City of Manchester Stadium