Make a free reservation
Book for breakfast today in Truckee
Outdoor dining in Truckee
Check out diners' favorite restaurants in Truckee
Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Fine dining with a view, enjoy Bay Area-inspired California cuisine in a classic high-alpine Lodge. An oversize wood-burning fireplace greets you, while you take in beautiful photos depicting the history of Donner Summit, on your way to a meal you won't soon forget. Featuring fine dining selections such as Scottish seared salmon, elk tenderloin and vegetarian penne pasta, complete with an extensive wine selection to perfectly complement the experience.
The Sawyer is centered around an amazing indoor and outdoor bar with views of Lookout Mountain and the golf course. The restaurant features a locally crafted all-day menu with selections of shareable, freshly-prepared salads, generous sandwiches, and delicious entrees.
From the moment you walk in, you will sense the warmth and energy of our open kitchen and garden patios. With a conceptual nod to Mexican, Middle Eastern and Mediterranean flavors, our dishes ar reimagined classics that are soulful, yet simple and locally sourced.
Our focus is on wholesome and flavorful food.
Please call for large parties, events or buyouts.
Restaurant experiences trending in Truckee
See what locals rave about in Truckee
- CClairecareSan Francisco Bay Area •12 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoTable for four over the long Memorial Day weekend. Chef Chris continues to impress us with innovative, tasty dishes. The cauliflower is fantastically flavored and so unique. The octopus was also amazing as well as the salad, and all the other dishes we devoured. The ambiance is casual, relaxed, and fun. We love the open kitchen and the patio is adorable! It's always an outstanding experience dining at Stella's.More infoStella at Gravity Haus Truckee-Tahoe$$$$• Global, International• Truckee•4.4
- OTOpenTable DinerTahoe / Reno Area •4 reviews5.0Dined on May 15, 2023Lovely dining room, attentive service and a delicious meal made for a memorable experience on a special occasion. We will definitely be back!More infoThe Lodge Restaurant & Pub$$$$• Contemporary American• Truckee•4.6
- DHDianeHvipSan Francisco Bay Area •14 reviews5.0Dined on Apr 16, 2023First time here and we would come again. Not a large menu but the pizzas and salad were good and large enough to share.More infoPizza on the Hill$$$$• Pizza Bar• Truckee•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinervipSan Francisco Bay Area •11 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Amazing service from the hostess greeting to our wonderful server Shane. Top notch and we're picky. Andrea the bartendress was also spot on w our old fashion. Def going back.More infoThe Sawyer at Schaffer's Mill Club$$$$• American• Truckee•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerSan Francisco Bay Area •6 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Great service, good food, and good vibeMore infoBar of America$$$$• Contemporary American• Truckee•4.6
Truckee is a small town situated just north of Lake Tahoe. In this region, you can find a variety of Italian beers that deviate from the normal lineup found in bars. These brews tend to be on the lighter side, making them perfect at night after skiing the slopes all day. Truckee NY-style pizza is another favorite among locals. While the county is certainly far away from New York, chefs from the East Coast have brought these thin-crust delicacies to the Tahoe area. Toppings include fresh mushrooms, sliced pepperonis and wild cauliflower. By using ingredients from the surrounding area, the culinary scene in Truckee is high quality in every regard.
Frequently asked questions
Dog friendly restaurants in Truckee include Bar of America, The Sawyer at Schaffer's Mill Club and Stella at Gravity Haus Truckee-Tahoe
Child friendly restaurants in Truckee include Pizza on the Hill, The Sawyer at Schaffer's Mill Club and Bar of America
- Threemile Guard Station Historical
- Skislope Sanctuary
- Northstar California Resort
- Snowman Haus
- Lakes Basin
- Tahoe Donner Golf Course
- Sierraville Ranger Station
- Summit Chair
- Middle Fork Feather Wild And Scenic River
- Jade House
- Ponderosa Meadows
- Boreal Ski Area
- Clark Station Homesites
- Calpine Park
- Commercial Street
- Northstar At Lake Tahoe