Yabba Island Grill
711 5th Ave South
Naples, FL 34102Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Yabba Island Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yabbaislandgrill.com/
- Phone: 2392625787
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30am - 2:00pm Thursday to Saturday Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For more information about private dining,to view our special event menus or see photos of the restaurant please visit us at www.gr8parties.net or call (239) 403-7267.
- Private Party Contact: Joyce Stek 2394037267
- Entertainment: Every Friday and Saturday night, we go late night with an island party for the "natives". The party starts at 10:30pm, 21 and older please. DJ plays house and top 40 music. However, the rest of the week is as calm as an island breeze…
A word from Yabba Island Grill
Yabba Island Grill is Naples best restaurant for seafood, steaks and stone crab! Yabba Island Grill offers casual dining in a family friendly atmosphere in the heart of Downtown Naples. Enjoy a selection of great steaks, an incredible variety of seafood and Florida stone crab, caught by our local community of crabbers. Plus an array of salads, burgers and island specialties. Yabba also offers a full bar with an extensive rum list, an affordable wine list and some of the coolest cocktails in town. Escape to Yabba Island Grill for a great family dinner, night out with friends or a romantic date for two.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Yabba Island Grill - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
Yabba Island Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (53)neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (27)special occasion (22)scenic view (19)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (17)kid-friendly (17)great for lunch (13)romantic (11)notable wine list (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Yabba fine naples diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Wanted to take friends from NY to downtown naples for dinner . Yabba's diverse menu , has healthy seafood options , outdoor ambiance and a great bar ! Love the place !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueCHICKDined on 9/15/2014This somewhat eclectic venue provides consistently good food in comfortable surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food very disappointingLupeDined on 9/13/2014This was my second visit to Yabba. The service was excellent. The food left a great deal to be desired. The oysters were warm and three of the twelve had a very strange taste. Our steaks were cooked to the order we requested but had no flavor. My crab cake had a very strong odor and I did not eat it for fear the crab was bad. We both ordered loaded baked potatoes. They were barely warm and the cheese on them looked and tasted like cheese whiz. I was disappointed, I love the ambiance of this restaurant and my first experience was excellent. I hope they were just having an off night.
- One of our favorites!NaplesLocalVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have been to this restaurant many times and it is always great. My husband loves the fried shrimp and I usually get the flounder...always good! One of the couples that was with us had the mussels and he really enjoyed them.Special Features:
- Some food and service good some notBeverlyDined on 8/31/2014The tea was not good, and the waiter was not efficient, and had to be prodded to bring out shell plates or extra things. Salad plates were warm.Special Features:
- LarryWellyDinerDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time dining at Yabba and the Food and service was outstanding! Highly recommend it!! Our waiter recommended 2 dishes which we ordered and they were amazing!! Couldn't get enough of the Cheese biscuits and Spicy Cornbread Too!!Special Features:
- Carribean Cool!Wineanddiners921Dined on 8/17/2014What a great night we had at Yabba! The food was outstanding. The service and the atmosphere was perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter, there's are flies in my...GlobaltravellerDined on 8/10/2014Horrible experience. Eight of us started with cocktails and a glass of zinfandel (evening of 8/10). In first sip of my wine, found two files in my mouth. Spit them out, called waiter, and found four more in rest of wine. Waiter came back with a new glass of wine (sans flies), but offered no apology of any sort. When bill came, I asked if they don't normally comp the glass of wine when they screw up like this. Manager came over and said that this is very normal (in Naples???) and I should be happy that he exchanged the wine. I only ended up with a few in my mouth, so what was the problem. Otherwise, food was mediocre and restaurant fairly empty (no surprise there - as these guys won't ever attract regulars).Special Features:
- Yabbas Great FoodeggbertDined on 8/10/2014Always great food with courteous and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go Sunday NiteTrudyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Although the restaurant seemed very quiet, after complaining that our table felt neglected, our waiter said they were understaffed and overly busy for a Sunday night. The 'helpers' whom they had deliver the food, dumped it loudly on the table without clearing away our appetizers and then salads as WE all held our plates up in the air. Really now? I don't think so.Special Features:
- Service needs some work...MikeDined on 8/9/2014We were there to celebrate my wife's birthday with a party of 7, while the food was outstanding, the service was mediocre at best. Even after calling ahead to ensure that that they understood how important this night was, their lack of attention to detail didn't go unnoticed..Special Features:
- Always a favorite.NOLAvisitorVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great location, food and service. We always make it a point to dine here when we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The meals, service, and atmosphere were wonderful; favorite 5th Ave restaurant. The courtyard outside is just lovely with the magical lights! Out serve Becca was knowledgeable and very attentive, and her descriptions of the menu lead us to try some new things, which were just amazing.Special Features:
- Dining at Yabba'sUrforemeDined on 7/26/2014Great evening. The wait staff did a great job. The overall experience was wonderful. We were glad we dined at Yabbas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerTndiningDined on 7/23/2014Enjoyed our dinner food was delicious, service great, even for off season. Outside bar looked like funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2014Yabba's never disappoints, and we have been there so many times. It's especially nice during the quiet evenings of summer when you can walk right in without a reservation, sit down and have a wonderful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!westieDined on 7/16/2014We dine at this restaurant a lot and always take visitors. We enjoy their outside dining. Even on a rainy night (as it was this week), the tables are pretty well covered and we didn't get wet. We usually get their "early dining specials" but were sorry to be informed that at this time of year they are only available on weekends, as they don't open until 6 p.m. during the week. So it was a little "pricey" this time but still enjoyed the delicious food! We have never been disappointed. Salmon, Grouper, and Crab cakes are our favorites, but visitors have ordered other things and have all been impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Great food and drinks. We bring out of town guest often,they always love it and so do we. JosieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!Liv2eatoutVIPDined on 7/11/2014We took my sister and brother-in-law to Yabba's when they visited us in Naples. They loved it! Grandma Tiny's Salmon remains one of my favorite dishes in all of Naples!Special Features:
- MrFoodieMcG1969Dined on 7/9/2014We chose this restaurant on a recommendation and we are very glad that we did. From the moment we entered we were made to feel at home. The kids were presented with their own menus which doubled as colouring in sheets. There is an extensive wine list both by the bottle and the glass. We asked if we could have a bottle which only appeared on the menu as by the glass and this was not a problem with the server returning with a bottle and discretely advising of the price.The three adults thoroughly enjoyed jumbo shrimp stuffed with crab meat, a chicken dish and blackened salmon.A nice touch is the included ice cream cones for the kids. We had two glorious cocktails to finish. The service was excellent being on the right side of non-intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, informal findMontcholyDined on 7/8/2014Went to Yabba with my family and we lived it. The food was excellent for all of us. The service was outstanding with excellent host and waitress. I can't fault it and will happily return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatLeogirl25Dined on 7/4/2014we all were surprised that we loved this place on July 4th so much,,food was really good and service was fast and friendly, very good fish and great selection on menu, we will come back!!!!!!Special Features:
- Great foodProfessorVitoVIPDined on 6/30/2014One of the best restaurants on 5th avenue. Great variety great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014This was my first time dining at Yabba Grill and I would definitely recommend this restaurant and dine here again. Our server Drew was knowledgeable about the menu and had a great attitude. He was friendly and energetic. We ate outside and even though it was raining, it was nice to be able to dine outside. The restaurant has a great feel and island decor. I greatly enjoyed my drinks and my meal. Thanks Yabba Grill for adding to my enjoyable evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Dinner before Sugden TheaterHarkangelDined on 6/28/2014Had a table of 6, four adults and two children. Children's menu was excellent with a large and adequate selection. Serving bread with jalapeño peppers should have been a hint as to what was to come. They have no clue how to fry fish in this restaurant, four out of four meals were overlooked. Shrimp meals therefore were dry and borderline uneatable. Their menu is outstanding and offers lots of reasonably priced fare, but their chefs just cannot cook fish. Try something else. As a side note there are plenty of excellent seafood restaurants in Naples.Special Features:
- Always a PleasuretransitionmagicianDined on 6/27/2014We frequently dine at Yabba's. we are never disappointed! Great food, great service, LOVE IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We are fortunately enough to live here!! When we have friends come visit, we always take them to Yabba's!!! The specials make it exceptially nice!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- WegiDined on 6/24/2014We have been warmly welcomedat the door. The service was freindly and met our expectations. Food was absolutely delicious. Wine list could be a bit longer and including more variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last SuperVaisgr8Dined on 6/22/2014I visited Yabba the last night of my 5 day stay in Naples. In doing my research, and reading the ravishing reviews, I couldn’t wait to experience firsthand the great food and service that reviewers spoke of. I was not disappointed… the food and cocktails was awesome and worth every penny. Even if you have a big appetite the portion size does not disappoint. The service was also top notch, friendly and attentive, but then again everyone is Naples is freaking friendly.Special Features:
- tom8889Dined on 6/14/2014The restaurant was hot, I had the stuff shrimp and the shrimp was tough. 3 of the dishes were chip, big pieces missing. Told the server and no one else came over.
- Eh, not my favoritejendelawareDined on 6/11/2014Dined 4 nights in early June and Yabba was my least favorite. Keep in mind all the dining was really good in the area, so the good to fair here, was still good. Ate with 2 girlfriends and one really liked her dinner, a raw tuna bowl. It was good. The cocktails were nice. The location and outdoor dining options were good. Maybe I just didn't pick a great menu option. Fish tacos. Looked like they could have a nice bar scene the right time of year.Special Features:
- Great TimeRSHdinersDined on 6/7/2014We had a very good waiter, very attentive but not hovering! We ate outside and it was a wonderful. Lot's of choices of fish with different sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family VacationerVacationerDined on 6/7/2014We were referred to the restaurant by a nearby store associate. Our server was excellent! She was extremely attentive and made good suggestions to us on the dinner menu as well as drinks. Extremely family-friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very averageRobertDined on 5/31/2014Staff seemed a bit unwelcoming on arrival. Received an email today from Open Table that we did not honor our reservation. They never checked us in as being there. The food was ok. Our child ordered a frozen drink and got it served in a coconut for a $3.50 up charge. The coconut leaked, but they did not replace nor credit. We had to put on a plate. Our child ordered kids fish and chips. Was then asked what side and she ordered cole slaw. The food came out and there was just fish and cole slaw. I asked where the chips were and the server said she ordered cole slaw. Very confusing. The overall experience was very average.
- Honeymoon dinnerhoneymoondinerDined on 5/30/2014Awesome place!!! My wife and I went here for dinner on our honeymoon and loved it. We come from Midwest and our only seafood is Red Lobster or Long John Silver's. We loved the food, great tropical drinks, and the ambiance. The service was great too. It wasn't loud either, we had a nice quiet dinner. This place is definitely a 10 in my books and it takes a lot for me to rate a restaurant a 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Servicejms340Dined on 5/29/2014We had an experienced waitress. She knew the menu and restaurant well and hard terrific recommendations. The grouper was delicious.Special Features:
- The following 799 reviews are from the Yabba Island Grill reviews archive.
- JeffreyDined on 5/23/2014We have been eating at this restaurant for many years. The food is consistently good and the service is friendly and attentive to our needs.Special Features:
- Dinner for 5FishDined on 5/17/2014A couple of the meals were a bit pricey. The grouper was good, but has out priced itself. The Chicken dish was unique and fantastic. All and all good and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsQueenbeeDined on 5/9/2014I wanted my friends from Minnesota to have a nice dining experience in Naples and Yabba's exceeded expectations. With the a variety of fish choices and a number of sauce choices to mix and match, there was some creativity left to the diner. Guava,mango jalapeño, passion fruit,wasabi ended up in combinations on salmon,shrimp and swordfish. Add a side dish, such as beans and rice, sweet potato and you have created your own particular island cuisine. There was nothing we could not live without on the dessert menu but the self- directed entrees more than made up it. Would have preferred to sit outdoors but the dining room is very open and airy.Special Features:
- Consistently great!!AnnieVIPDined on 5/2/2014After several visits to Yaba I have found total consistency! Each dish is great; the staff make wonderful suggestions and pay close attention to your needs, but don't hover over you or rush you. Love the outdoor table and the window tables.Special Features: