Vines - Hyatt Regency Sacramento
1209 L Street
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Vines - Hyatt Regency Sacramento
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sacramento.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/entertainment/restaurants/index.jsp
- Phone: 9163213610
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Jason Poole
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies)
A word from Vines - Hyatt Regency Sacramento
Vines Cafe features traditional breakfast and lunch menus and a bountiful buffet that change daily to emphasize the rich diversity of the Northern California region. Locally-grown produce and farmed fresh meats and poultry are specialties.Continued
Patio dining is also available, weather permitting.
Patio dining is also available, weather permitting.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vines - Hyatt Regency Sacramento reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)good for groups (1)neighborhood gem (1)special occasion (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great service!paloma53Dined on 8/28/2014The restaurant has a spacious feel to it. It is pretty, quiet, relaxing... A perfect place to meet up with old friends and be able to visit in a calm and quiet environment. The service was perfect and very friendly. We stayed at our table for four hours (in fact, ended up having both breakfast and lunch), and were never made to feel that we needed to rush. We had several servers and they were all gracious and efficient. There were many tables filled with business people and I got the feeling that it could easily be a very popular place for business lunches as the tables were well spaced and it was easy to carry on conversations and not feel crowded. The food was also quite good and our meals were prepared just as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Breakfast BuffetmehrgeldDined on 7/25/2014I brought my family with three young children for a morning brunch, and it was excellent as always. The staff are super friendly. I go about once a month to Vines, and I always enjoy the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 48 reviews are from the Vines - Hyatt Regency Sacramento reviews archive.
- Great LunchRealBiologistDined on 6/30/2014Over the past 25 years, I have dined in the Sacramento Hyatt resturants. As Chief of Staff for former Assembly Speaker Doris Allen, eating at the Hyatt was often and always great. The food, setting and staff have always been excellant. Our lunch Monday was no exception. We all look forward to visiting your facilities again in the future.Special Features:
- LimitedkennVIPDined on 6/7/2014Limited menu, service is hit or miss. Orders are consistently incorrect, this visit, no bread, was asked halfway through the meal if we wanted any. Grandsons cheeseburger had no cheese, they forgot. The bar is much better, better menu, better service. We only return for lunch when we go to the theater, it's convenient.
- Great any day for breakfast brunchmehrgeldDined on 4/27/2014Great place, service, and ambiance. I especially like the patio in the mornings during spring and summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great brunch experienceCbrunchDined on 4/13/2014Always a great brunch experience . Staff is always friendly, and food is delicious. Have also had dinner. The menu was contemporary , and the choices were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just the spot before the musicalQuackQuaackDined on 4/13/2014Vines menu features local grown food where ever possible. The choices are adequate and every one I've tried is tasty. The service is friendly and professional. The prices are completive with hotel restaurants. If I reserve a table it is always waiting for me at the time I set. I have made Vines the spot for brunch before the theater/musicals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent. WeJohnLDined on 4/12/2014The food was excellent. We got there just in time for the end of breakfast. I had a special omelet made which was perfect. The service was friendly and quick. My wife and I cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- Special Occasion Gemluv2eatDined on 4/11/2014Outstanding service with a killer view/ambiance. With The Capitol grounds across the street, very scenic. Servers attentive. Daughter's coffee cup was not clean and the server apologized and seemed embarrassed but we all made the best of it. Wife and I breakfast here a few times a year. What a treat! You must go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatWallyDined on 4/10/2014Always a great place to go for lunch. Good service and gets you out in time if you are going to a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine place for before the theater.QuackQuaackDined on 3/2/2014We have brunch/lunch at Vines before the theater/musical/opera next door regularly. We find the Vines a perfect spot for a meal. The menu is chock full of tasty farm-to-table items. The service is friendly and competent. Reservations are not always necessary, but we make them because we like to be sure we have a window table looking out at the patio. The cost is what large hotel restaurants charge, i.e. pricy compared to a local cafe, but we enjoy the total experience here. We suggest trying Vines to see if you enjoy a meal here too.Special Features:
- Perfect for before theater lunch.QuackQuaackDined on 2/9/2014The Vines is well located near the theater, its luncheon menu has choices that will suit most anyone, the service is friendly and professional, we find the food tasty, and the prices fit a Hyatt Hotel. We enjoy lunch here regularly before the theater and have always found our reservation ready, the staff friendly and professional, and the lunch enjoyable. We will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a nice lunch place.QuackQuaackDined on 12/29/2013The Vines is a good place for brunch or lunch before the concert or musical. The menu has tasty things and there is a good breakfast buffet too. The cost is what's expected at a major hotel. The service is acceptable. The staff is friendly. It is a popular place for the before theater folks, like us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch BuffetCinaVIPDined on 12/16/2013All four of us had the lunch buffet and were pleased with the selection of sandwiches, salads, soup, etc. Service was attentive. A plus is the validated parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant place for lunch.QuackQuaackDined on 11/10/2013The Vines has become a pleasant place for our lunch before the program at the civic theater. We've made it our "local" for this occasion. Using Open Table for reservations we've always had a place by the windows so we can enjoy the outdoor view. The staff is professional and helpful. The menu is just right for a lunch, and if breakfast is desired the buffet is open too. We've not tried that, but from looking at the offerings we think a breakfast fan would not feel disappointed. The food is good tasting and nicely presented. The noise level is moderate, a conversation can be carried on. Prices are "usual" for this type of downtown hotel eating spot. We recommend it.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchBrennanleroyDined on 10/20/2013Did you know you can get a custom made Omelette at Vines for Brunch? Neither did we until halfway through our meal. It took 10 minutes for the Server to visit our table to introduce herself. After about 5 minutes, and no visit from a server, we decided to get up and get the buffet. It wasn't busy, so I don't beleive staffing was an issue. When our server did finally arrive to welcome us, and inform us about the omelettes, we were already working our way through our buffet items. It really would have been nice to know that we could get an omelatte prior to filling your plate with other items. The service staff, although pleasant, was less than what we expected for a Hyatt Property.
- Vines Experience...FoodLoverDined on 7/17/2013I chose Vines for a business meeeting on July 17, 2013. My reservation was just too easy to make through OpenTable online.My initial reservation was for 2 people but unexpectedly expanded to 5. The staff were more than accomodating in locating seating for my expanded party. I was also immediately pleased with the open and airy ambience with this restaurant. To my surprise, my entire group frequents Vines on a ragular basis (especially for their delicious breakfast and desserts from what I am told) so this pick was an immediate success. I ordered the Spicy Beef Wrap which was not as spicy as I expected but the vegetables were very fresh. I really liked the the anchiovy vinegarette dressing and requested an extra side of it.Special Features:
- Good spot for lunch/brunchQuackQuaackDined on 6/9/2013We had lunch last Sunday before the theater. Our reserved table by the window was ready, the service was polite and professional. Our lunch was delicious: my wife had the trout entree with salad; she said it was excellent, I had the Angus Hamburger and fries and both were tasty. Sitting by the windows is quieter than at the back of the room, but back is better for groups and probably for people with children. There is outdoor seating in summer, and we saw people enjoying their lunch outside sitting under umbrellaed tables. We recommend fines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing serviceShanYoVIPDined on 6/5/2013We visited Vines to entertain a group of clients over lunch! The food was very tasty and arrived at the table quickly. The service was second to none! Our server, Shobna, was dedicated, personable and extremely accomodating!! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- ImprovingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/30/2013We haven't been to Vines in past year. We stopped going because they seemed to stop caring. We were pleasantly surprised on Thursday. Service was exceptional. The Buffet was inventive (but a little over salted). We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tasty place for breakfast or luncQuackQuaackDined on 4/14/2013We like Vines for its bright cheery dining room, the good tasting luncheon or breakfast offerings, the very good service, and the location close to the civic theater. The prices are what we've come to expect at a nice restaurant in a name hotel. Lunch for two for us was $40. We could have spent less or more.Special Features:
- As usual, we had a nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/14/2013As usual, we had a nice dinner prior to attending a play at the Sacramento Musical Theatre. We feel special when we walk in and Jose recognizes us and takes us to our table. It's the perfect place for a nice quiet dinner before the show which is why we like to dine there; and, of course, the food is always great. We like the convenience of parking downstairs, too!Special Features:
- Gem of restaurant at Hyatt RegencyEatSacramentoDined on 4/14/2013My husband thoroughly enjoyed their brunch buffet, which included blintzes that were so delicious! I ordered the Dungenous Crab Eggs Benedict which was good but not as good as my husband's brunch. We were greeted very nicely, and seated promptly. I would go to the Vines for Sunday brunch again and would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- We ate at Vines prior to aOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/10/2013We ate at Vines prior to a matinee at the community center. The staff was so efficient that we had an hour to kill prior to the show. The food was good although our eight year old granddaughter thought the kid menu was too healthy (we thought it was great).Special Features:
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/22/2013Setting is perfect for Business Lunch. Noise level allows for conversations and service is detailed to attentionSpecial Features:
- We took my gandaughter toLeonaDined on 12/17/2012We took my gandaughter to lunch for Christmas.. the staff was outstanding and helpful, attentive and took care of our every need without being ontusice. The food - crab salad generous and delicious.. we will come again when in SacramentoSpecial Features:
- Great place for brunch, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/9/2012Great place for brunch, very nice location, especially for the theater. Very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent selection of buffet items. Kids buffet was half price.Special Features:
- We had a very good lunch andOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/18/2012We had a very good lunch and the bread was excellent. I only wish they would go back to having dinner in the restaurant like the "old days".Special Features:
- Excellent and attentive serviceCinaVIPDined on 10/8/2012Excellent and attentive service and our salads were very good. I would like to try the buffet another time. The complimentary dessert for my birthday was excellent.Special Features:
- Recommended for lunch buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2012Recommended for lunch buffet with vegetarian option.Special Features:
- Good food at a reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2012Good food at a reasonable price for the lunch buffet. We've eaten here before and there was one change we didn't like. Bread rolls used to be available on the buffet table and are no longer offered. Now you must ask the server to bring bread which is a focaccia style and not the rolls previously offered.Special Features:
- Easter Brunch was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2012Easter Brunch was excellent. Service was a step beyond.Special Features:
- My significant other and IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012My significant other and I attended Easter Brunch and it proved to be the Perfect place for a Special Occasion. The Buffet had enough variety to satisfy both of us (the ham was one of the best I've ever eaten!) with both an omelet and pasta bar, plenty of fresh fruit and scrumptous desserts, we had a hard time prying ourselves away to attend other commitments. The two musicians were a wonderful addition to a special day. At $49.95/person (not including tax and tip)Vines is a little expensive for an ordinary Sunday, but for a Special Event it's well worth the money, just be sure to check the actual price to avoid an unpleasant surprise.Special Features:
- This is a very typical goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2012This is a very typical good hotel coffee shop/ cafe. Very nice buffet and good menu selections. It is not over the top. Pleasant but bland room with good light and windows. Location was excellent for our purpose of attending an event at the Community Center.Special Features:
- Worked well for a BusinessOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/17/2012Worked well for a Business Lunch and the service was outstandingSpecial Features:
- We went for Thanksgiving dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011We went for Thanksgiving dinner. They did not let us know it was a buffet. Believe me when I say it was the worst dinner I have ever experienced.
- We love going there beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011We love going there before the theater. Service is always excellent.Special Features:
- My friend and I dined at theJazzladyDined on 10/1/2011My friend and I dined at the Vines for lunch. We each had a bowl of butternut squash soup and split a tuna melt sandwich. The soup was delicious and the sandwich was adequate. The service was very good and our waitress was attentive. We both thought that the prices were a little bit on the high end, but overall, it was a good experience.Special Features:
- lovely experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2011We live out of town and eat at Vines when we come to Sacramento to see the plays. I am always pleased with the menu, food and staff. The new decor is lovely.Special Features:
- Always a great salad bar.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/14/2011Always a great salad bar. Buffet sometimes great, always good. Can't beat the service. We took a teen with us this time. She kept remarking how fast our servers were.Special Features: