Vincent's Italian Cuisine
7839 St. Charles Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70118Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Vincent's Italian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vincentsitaliancuisine.com/
- Phone: 5048669313
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Creole
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer catering for both on/off premise events for up to a 1000 people. Please call if you have any questions about catering at your office, holiday party, or any special event.
- Private Party Contact: Vincent 504-866-9313
- Special Events: We do have a private wine room that can accomodate up to 22 people. For larger parties we have a room that can accomdate up to a 100 guest at our Metairie Location
- Cross Street: Fern
- Public Transit: If your looking to get out of the city and explore the historical St. Charles Ave, you can get on the street car and Vincent's is one stop before Carrolton Ave in the riverbend. The street car will stop in front of Vincent's on the corner of St. Charles Ave. and Fern St.
- Parking: Street Parking
A word from Vincent's Italian Cuisine
Vincent's is located in the Uptown area of New Orleans in the heart of the Riverbend. We have been serving the New Orleans area for 20 years and continue to serve the the finest ingredients at a reasonable price. Vincent's has been voted "Best Italian Restaurant" for 10 years in a row by multiple publications. The menu is considered to be Creole Italian which consist of Italian food with a New Orleans Twist. We serve your all your Italian favorites from homemade pasta's to Osso Bucco along with many classic New Orleans dishes such as Blackened Redfish, Seafood Stuffed Porkchop, Veal Chop, Stuffed Shrimp in Pastry, Herb Crusted Salmon and Crabcakes. If your looking for a cozy neighborhood restaurant with great food and service, Vincent's is the place to be.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Vincent's Italian Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Carrollton ›
Vincent's Italian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (85)special occasion (56)romantic (47)fit for foodies (46)notable wine list (34)hot spot (16)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (8)good for groups (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always goodZorroVIPDined on 9/26/2014Vincents is a terrific local find. Consistently good. Great waitstaff who work as a team (how refreshing!). Can get a little busy and tables are close together so book ahead on weekends if you can.Special Features:
- Unforgivably bad!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014I have eaten at Vincent's Restaurant's since I was a child and was always treated like family, ate great food and had amazing service. My last visit was the complete opposite. The food was ok, I felt rushed, we had dirty silverware and our wines delivered from the bar were mixed up. The dramatic changes going on have caused me to never return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Genuine ExperienceNOLAFoodieDined on 9/20/2014Vincent's is a great destination, when you are searching for an experience, not only a tasty meal. Hubs and I wanted to take his parents out for a treat. The staff tryly delivered. Stuffed cannelloni simply melts in your mouth, ooh la la! The eggplant Parmesan and lasagna was a hit as well. Father in-law enjoyed his chicken, however the garlic was a bit heavy. (He's not Italian, forgive him. lol) Raymond, the ultimate, attentive senior wait staff was on point! He's very conscientious and provided a bit of humor. He made us feel very welcome and at home. He wasn't pushy about the menu or desert. Even when we declined desert and then changed our mind, and decided to opt for the Spumoni, he rolled with the flow. He's surely a keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food but extreme crowdingcea1Dined on 9/16/2014Quite a trek if you are staying in Riverfront/French Quarter but the trip is worth it. You pass many beautiful homes on your trip so always something pleasant to observe. We were seated immediately and wait staff were attentive and accommodating . Food was delicious and wine list was fine. Only drawback for me was the crowding of the tables. Seemed they were trying to put 40 tables into a 25 table spot. No one seemed to mind with all the great food coming to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentEatinStyleVIPDined on 9/14/2014We adore Vincent's Italian Cuisine ... find a nook here and order up! Excellent traditional Italian dishes. Service always on spot and welcoming! This family gets it! Keep up the great work!Special Features:
- Great nightOliverDined on 9/13/2014We had a great night at Vincent's! It was our first time but the food was amazing. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old school ItalianCalWVIPDined on 9/13/2014Both artichoke apps are delicious. Our party loved the veal, crabmeat salad, fish, corn bisque. Caesar is so so. The ice cream is delicious. The only negative (besides the parking ticket) was that the spaghetti in the bordelaise was over-cooked. I wish Vincent's would step up and be the first to offer whole wheat pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st VisitMEadsDined on 9/13/2014Our first visit to Vincent's made a great impression. Definitely would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonZRonZDined on 9/12/2014Nice busy restaurant in New Orleans. Being from Chicago I may have become spoiled when it comes to good Italian food, but I was not at all impressed or happy with the food we had here. We had the veal parmisan & the Lasagna. Both deserved Poor ratings! Although large helpings, Veal was mushy and overly covered with over cooked (almost burned) gravy (or sauce for you non Italians) & Lasagna itself was prepared well with ingredients besides just the usual ricotta and mozzarella cheeses and almost had a chance but again had burned gravy which destroyed it. My wife and I would not recommend or return here based on the food we had. Its a very popular restaurant so maybe just a bad cooking night. This is our opinion based on food we had.
- Never disappointsChefLocoDined on 9/12/2014My favorite restaurant in NOLA. Great Italian food only available here. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York in New OrleansjulsDined on 9/11/2014Walking into Vincent's is like walking out of NOLA and into NYC. Tony is such a sweetie and wants to take care of everyone. The food here is wonderful. The best veal dishes I have ever had. It is a nice break from Cajun cuisine. The price is very reasonable for the meal and my son luved the cannola that we got to go. It is walking distance from Tulane and right on the Street Car Line. I look forward to many more visits there as I plan to visit my son often over the next 5 years.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014If yoh like italian food, just eat there. You can't go wrongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome all around experienceBrianDined on 9/7/2014This is the full package. Great food, nice location, and very friendly service. We look forward to coming again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Best Italian food ever! Try the cannelloni! That's all I need to saySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!dfsol92Dined on 8/31/2014Great atmosphere and delicious food! The Cannelloni and Lasagna were absolutely fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysnicknameVIPDined on 8/31/2014We have been here many times and the food is always fantastic. New risotto dish is fantastic. Veal dishes are also great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014My favorite restaurant in NOLA. The food is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightJmfhDined on 8/26/2014Vincents is great. Such an array of italian dishes. Always consistent, always delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST ITALIAN IN NOLA !!!localyokel1976VIPDined on 8/24/2014This is by far the best Italian restaurant in the city of New Orleans. Quite possibly the best restaurant in the city. Fantastic Italian food. Superior service. A +++Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Food was excellent and service was fantastic. Great location for a romantic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunch!DiningwithDaughtersDined on 8/19/2014Great service, courteous staff, excellent food & drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightalexNceleste504Dined on 8/16/2014This night was memorable and the Staff at Vincent's made it that much better. From greeting us at door to wishing us a good night at the end of the night. Everything was incredible and so was the food.. Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Authentic Italian CuisineGelflaDined on 8/16/2014This neighborhood favorite is a wonderful experience both in dining, ambiance, cocktails and wine list. I had been to the Metairie location and thoroughly enjoyed it many years ago. This uptown location is similar and you won't be disappointed. I was concerned about the size of the portions as it seems that Italian restaurants always give you way too much food. Therefore, I ordered an appetizer and a salad only and had trouble eating all of that as well. I think I had the best Caesar salad at this place EVER and didn't shy away from the anchovies. I got a signature eggplant appetizer and it was a perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timefirsttime1Dined on 8/16/2014OMG the food was out of this world. We orderd the seafood stuffed pork chop, it was as big as the plate and delicious, thank goodness we split the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrandiNOLADined on 8/15/2014Amazing as always! Absolutely delicious with wonderful service every single time!! Treats you like family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local loverKatKaufDined on 8/12/2014Have been to Vincent's numerous times and I'm never disappointed with the food or the service. Variety of selections is huge, from pasta to meat to chicken to seafood...all delicious. My husband loves the brontosaurus sized double stuffed pork chop, I try a new item each time I go!Special Features:
- Solid Italian foodAubbyDined on 8/8/2014The food was good and they accepted a special request by one of our party to get a red sauce on something that traditionally had a creamy sauce. The front room is more happening and lively, but we sat in the back room which is quieter and more suited to conversation. The staff was helpful and engaging.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem for great food!HarryTVIPDined on 8/7/2014This is what I would call a neighborhood gem. A place that you can go to in casual clothes or dressed for the theatre. The food is at the level of white linen restaurants with the kind of professional yet unobtrusive service that makes it all come together. And the background music is not too loud and is the kind of music that I like and enjoy. The menu is fantastic and the food tasty and full of flavor. Two great appetizers are the Eggplant Amalfi and the Corn and Crabmeat Bisque which is served in a delicious toasted bread cup.Special Features:
- silverhorseDined on 8/2/2014Outstanding meal, served beautifully, and in a very fun setting.Special Features:
- VictrolaDined on 8/2/2014Unbelievable! The food was fantastic. The service was impeccable. I had no problem over-tipping!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local favoriteFavoriteDined on 8/1/2014Of all the great restaurants in New Orleans, Vincent's stands out as something very special. It is the first place I think of when deciding on a perfect spot for that special occasion. Their extraordinary preparation of Italian dishes sets them apart from all the rest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fglgreatDined on 7/27/2014We thoroughly enjoyed celebrating our 30th Anniversary with dinner at Vincent's. The food was outstanding as always. The service was great! It is one of my favorite restaurants. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great eveningdizzyDined on 7/26/2014We ha d a great time at Vincent's. I am had the cannelloni with the corn and crab bisque and my date had the spaghetti. All the food was great and the service was better. They do serve huge portions so be aware.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!AnniefosDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I love to dine at Vincent's. We brought our 8 and 4 year old grandsons here for the first time. The Parmesan crusted shrimp appetizer was "the best shrimp appetizer I've ever had in my life" said the 8 year old. He is correct. The 4 year old loved his spaghetti and meatball! He couldn't eat it all, but insisted on bringing it home for 'tomorrow'. They both thought the bread sticks were the BOMB. My go to favorite is the crab cake and my husband enjoyed the veal and seafood ( they substituted the eggplant for veal). Our wine went perfectly with the courses. Of course we finished with a cannoli and practically liked the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceeatswellDined on 7/25/2014Great food, good drinks, good service. Love the atmosphere...kinda neighborhoody with a touch of class. You can't go wrong with anything you order.Special Features:
- Tom GreenfieldOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014Great food, good service, a little crowded and noisy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - long driveitchin2getawayDined on 7/24/2014The food here is good, the service was well timed & they have a good wine list. I did not think the food was too garlicy as one reviewer thought. This is in a neighborhood about 20 minutes drive away from the French Quarter. Although the reviews on this restaurant are high I don't know if its worth leaving the French Quarter if you are a tourist. It was really loud and cramped and there is no parking lot so you have to find a space on the street. But if you are wanting well cooked Italian at reasonable prices and are willing to drive you should not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014This restaurant came highly recommended by friends. The cuisine was extremely authentic and pleasing to the palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MUST VISITITALIANDELIGHTDined on 7/22/2014THIS WAS NOT MY FIRST VISIT TO VINCENT'S AND IT CERTAINLY WILL NOT BE MY LAST. EACH TIME I VISIT NEW ORLEANS, VINCENT'S IS A MUST VISIT BECAUSE THEIR ITALIAN FOOD IS SOME OF THE BEST IN THE CITY. THEIR WAIT STAFF IS FRIENDLY AND MOST HELPFUL. OUR PARTY TOOK A TAXI KNOWING THAT PARKING IS THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH THIS RESTAURANT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING IN EVERY WAY...CMsteveVIPDined on 7/20/2014This is a meal you shall not soon forget. The corn crab chowder in a bread bowl is a must. I asked for a special order that they pound a veal chop into veal parm for me and they could not have been more accommodating. It is a very tight place and elbow room is at a premium but once you start eating, you will soon forget about space issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.