3050 Peachtree Rd
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.umiatlanta.com/
- Phone: 4048410040
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday
Dinner: 5:30-10:30 PM
Friday & Saturday
Dinner: 5:30-11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Fuyuhiko Ito
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access
A word from UMI
Sushi is pure, clean food with simple, thoughtful and minimal intervention and the materials and design principle at UMI reflect this philosophy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
UMI reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (114)hot spot (114)special occasion (90)vibrant bar scene (52)romantic (42)good for groups (40)neighborhood gem (27)notable wine list (26)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great service and fantastic food!!!HungryGirlDined on 9/18/2014It was out first time going to Umi and the server walked us through the menu and together we came up with what to order. Everything was amazing!!!!! Tasty and fresh. My favorite were the appetizers - yellowtail and red snapper- and the fatty tuna nigiri. Will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuitkyblonderDined on 9/15/2014Always a pleasure to dine at Atlanta's best sushi spot. It's good to know that you can get a bottle (or 3) of vintage Dom here!! What a great evening/party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent combo of food and serviceLivenLetLiveDined on 9/11/2014Although the place gets a bit busy on Thursdays and there isn't much space around the bar, the bartenders were excellent - they mixed me some really good cocktails based on what I told them I like. The food was excellent and the server, Franklin, did a *great* job of suggesting really good items on the menu to ensure we got to taste a bunch of different things as opposed to ordering just the usual go-to stuff. Great experience overall!Special Features:
- Best Sushi in AtlantaATLienDined on 9/9/2014Since I moved to Atlanta 3 years ago, I had been searching for a go-to sushi restaurant with top-quality fish. UMI is by far the best sushi I have had in Atlanta.Special Features:
- Love UMI!!dinerVIPDined on 9/8/2014I cannot say enough about UMI! The food, service and ambiance are just wonderful. Everyone is so friendly. The chefs are fabulous! We visit UMI every week at least once when we are in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Food okfashionistadvaDined on 9/5/2014The service was exceptional. Everything was on time - dinner right after appetizer - wait staff service table enough but not too much. The food on the other hand was ok. Nothing was bad but nothing really wowed me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi!zrikeVIPDined on 8/30/2014Umi is consistently great in terms of both food and service. Everything I've had there is delicious. We ventured out and had sparkling sake at our last visit and it was such a treat. We had family in town from NY and DC, and they loved it as well. Service is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lisaDined on 8/29/2014The presentation was beautiful. and the quality of the food was delicious. The restaurant is top notch, and the food is the best sushi in the city.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceTeeJayDined on 8/26/2014Great food. Top notch service. Expensive, but we were expecting that. Dined for a special occasion, so it was worth it. Looking forward to returning. Recommend.Special Features:
- WanderingSparkVIPDined on 8/23/2014Very nice, chic restaurant in the heart of Buckhead. Our server was incredibly pleasant, knowledgable and attentive without being overbearing. Sake was delicious, and recommended by our server. The disappointment for this place was in the food. The first appetizer we had, the jalapeño hamachi, was stunning. really perfect, with great flavor and texture. Everything else slid a bit downhill. Presentation was very nice, but both the rice and the fish were bland in every piece of nigiri and roll we had. It all tasted the same. Nothing was bad or fishy or slimy, and all tasted relatively fresh and clean, but a huge disappointment for the price point. We would not return.
- UMI is absolutely the best!dinerVIPDined on 8/22/2014We try to go to UMI at least once a week when we are in town. The food never disappoints and the servers are wonderful! The team of chefs are by far the best around. We had the tasting menu this time and each course was even better than the one before it! I truly believe UMI has surpassed Morimoto which has always been our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is incredibleFoodluvvaDined on 8/22/2014Our family of ten gathered to celebrate my daughter's 21st. The service was professional yet warm and the food was amazing - we ordered a wide selection of appetizers, hot dishes, sushi, sashimi and nigiri. The dishes were extremely well-executed and the ingredients were of highest quality. Cocktails and wine were also quite good - at least my 21 year old enjoyed all the drinks on offer. Truly wonderful meal had by all.Special Features:
- Just might be the best…spocksbrotherDined on 8/22/2014I am a native New Yorker and witnessed the birth of sushi in NYC decades ago. I've eaten sushi all over the world, and all over Japan. Chef Ito just might have the perfect sushi experience. You'll pay for it, but it's worth every bit of it. Do yourself a favor and make sure you try one of Chef Lisa's brilliant desserts.Special Features:
- chrisVIPDined on 8/21/2014awesome went back 2 nights in a row and chef ito is a cool interesting personSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my favdragonladyDined on 8/15/2014Just was able to share this wonderful place with my boy friend I have eaten there as often as I am in Atlanta and had told him the food was better than sex!!!! Truely my favorite spotSpecial Features:
- Outstanding Food and Service!GrantVIPDined on 8/12/2014Umi is quickly becoming one of my favorite restaurants in Atlanta! A very unique sushi menu and plenty of great beverages and desserts, UMI is my go-to restaurant for business dinners in Buckhead!Special Features:
- Great Japanese!ValechaVIPDined on 8/12/2014Ito-Kase is the way to go! The best Japanese I have ever had. In fact I would like to add that this was one of the best meals ever. The menu seems extensive. Chef Ito is an interesting character. I would recommend to reserve a table on the Sushi Bar and see him work his magic.Special Features:
- Loveeee it!!?RafaDined on 8/11/2014Best service!!! I had sushi here all the time and every time better than the last!!! Great for a first date if you want to impress!!! Please try the Kobe beef and the yellow tail appetizer :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GEJMDined on 8/9/2014Only issue we had was with hostess. We had res at 9pm. Showed up on time. Had to wait 45 minutes and then only got lucky with a table as the host assistant botched our name, i think, and we were seated. Maybe not her fault, but we would have probably had to wait longer if not for the assistant seating us by mistake. Food, excellent. Service from wait staff, excellent. Ambiance, thought I was in LA or NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food and Dining ExperienceNikongalDined on 8/9/2014Umi is absolutely as fabulous as the great press they have been getting! Pleasant decor, food fit for the pickiest of foodies, good service. Our 'Server' (Consultant)! was a master at the menu & took the time to listen and make excellent recommendations. We loved and would recommend every item we enjoyed. It was a Saturday night, and as it got busier, time for food coming out of the kitchen got a little long. Only other small issue was that the music was too loud. Otherwise I would have rated every single thing as a 5! We will be back soon - bringing some friends along!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and atmosphereFoodexplorerDined on 8/7/2014Superior selection of the freshest sushi on the planet. Atmosphere was very relaxing. Waitress bubbling with personality and expert on the menu. Heading back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't say enough about this place!SeahVIPDined on 8/7/2014I love Umi. I eat here weekly. If you haven't been, you are missing out! Make sure to try the spicy/crispy tuna (on the hash browned rice). Also, their desserts are amazing!!!Special Features:
- Love UMIdinerVIPDined on 8/5/2014This has become one of our most favorite restaurants in Atlanta. The food is always delicious and fresh. The wait staff is friendly and helpful. It is a fun place to people watch. So many beautiful young people. Just wonderful Try to get there at least once a week when in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!MlaucellaDined on 8/2/2014Food was amazing a bit overpriced but totally worth it. The place is beautiful and service was excellent. The level of noise is a bit too high for my taste but overall we had a great time at UMI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant, energetic, chicSusanaVIPDined on 8/2/2014Beware it is loud, cramped, and expensive but a vibrant, energetic, and chic scene. Service was excellent. Sushi was fresh and flavorful. Not the most creative I've had but it was pretty fast. Recommend the Lobster Tempura roll. Honestly one of the best rolls I've ever tasted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodAnonymousVIPDined on 8/1/2014Fresh seafood, well prepared, beautiful presentation, tasty and good service. A winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Excellent food and outstanding service. Great for couples, group and entertaining clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in ATL hands downJG1010VIPDined on 7/30/2014Think Nobu... Quality and experience is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOnolaVIPDined on 7/26/2014Its one of my favorite restaurants in the city and it is always an amazing experience.Special Features:
- AmazingFoodieDined on 7/25/2014Had the most amazing meal at UMI on Friday night. The service was incredible and prompt. The food was melt in your mouth delicious. It was by far the best sushi I have ever had and certainly the best in Atlanta. I can't wait to go back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Really all was excellent!! Extremely expensive!! Dinner for two. $325 incl tip!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lurefishVIPDined on 7/17/2014Best. Sushi. Ever. The fish is very fresh. We ordered every recommendation made by our outstanding server, Michelle. Drinks were refreshing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love UMI!!dinerVIPDined on 7/16/2014UMI is always wonderful. When we are in town it is the first place we go. The sushi is by far the best in Atlanta. Everyone in who works at UMI is nice and attentive. The chefs are amazing!Special Features:
- Love this place!SaxBDined on 7/14/2014Amazing sushi and vibe! I have been several times and have never been disappointed. Very fresh, well made sushi. Service is excellent. Great place for a date or for a get together with friends. Great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingElyseddsVIPDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant is very expensive but the food and service is amazing. Our waiter, Hector made suggestions and they were all perfect. I had the avocado salad and the lobster box--it was so good! All the sushi was perfect. The coffee is the best I've ever had and the dessert was perfect!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphereHooperDined on 7/12/2014Great Asian food cuisine with good saki selection and fun atmosphere in the restaurant and barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations are pointlessReservationsArePointlessDined on 7/11/2014We had a dinner reservation for 9:30. At the front there is very little room to wait and where there is room it is literally 100 degrees because it is so small and cramped. By the time we finally were seated at 10:15!?!, each of us sweating, the entire night had already been ruined. The food was good, but not good enough to make me want to have to go through that experience again. One last thing, we saw our server about 3 times the entire night. She was pleasant when we did see her though.
- DisappointedGemologistDined on 7/11/2014Menu fonts too small and no light to assist. Had to use cell phone flashlight as did several other guests. Spider roll a huge disappointment when hardly an iota of crab in it overpowered by lettuce and rice. Lettuce !? Avocado and cucumber usually. Service above average and we enjoyed that poetry in motion.
- JMB123Dined on 7/10/2014The food was outstanding. Our waiter was very nice, however was overwhelmed and had too many tables. We had to wait too long to finally order our dinner. Once he realized we were a little annoyed he was very attentive, however it took a while. Aside from that, great night!Special Features:
- Not worth the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/9/2014First time visiting the restaurant. Our reservations were at 7:30 and we were not seated until 8:20. We were never approached by a manager. We were given two complimentary apps after we were seated. Our server, Daniel, was great. Food was great. The restaurant is noisy and it was hard to have a conversation at a 4 top table.Special Features: