3050 Peachtree Rd
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.umiatlanta.com/
- Phone: 4048410040
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday
Dinner: 5:30-10:30 PM
Friday & Saturday
Dinner: 5:30-11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Fuyuhiko Ito
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access
A word from UMI
Sushi is pure, clean food with simple, thoughtful and minimal intervention and the materials and design principle at UMI reflect this philosophy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
UMI reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (122)fit for foodies (121)special occasion (94)vibrant bar scene (56)romantic (40)good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (27)notable wine list (24)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/26/2014Great food. Top notch service. Expensive, but we were expecting that. Dined for a special occasion, so it was worth it. Looking forward to returning. Recommend.Special Features:
- WanderingSparkVIPDined on 8/23/2014Very nice, chic restaurant in the heart of Buckhead. Our server was incredibly pleasant, knowledgable and attentive without being overbearing. Sake was delicious, and recommended by our server. The disappointment for this place was in the food. The first appetizer we had, the jalapeño hamachi, was stunning. really perfect, with great flavor and texture. Everything else slid a bit downhill. Presentation was very nice, but both the rice and the fish were bland in every piece of nigiri and roll we had. It all tasted the same. Nothing was bad or fishy or slimy, and all tasted relatively fresh and clean, but a huge disappointment for the price point. We would not return.
- UMI is absolutely the best!dinerVIPDined on 8/22/2014We try to go to UMI at least once a week when we are in town. The food never disappoints and the servers are wonderful! The team of chefs are by far the best around. We had the tasting menu this time and each course was even better than the one before it! I truly believe UMI has surpassed Morimoto which has always been our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is incredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Our family of ten gathered to celebrate my daughter's 21st. The service was professional yet warm and the food was amazing - we ordered a wide selection of appetizers, hot dishes, sushi, sashimi and nigiri. The dishes were extremely well-executed and the ingredients were of highest quality. Cocktails and wine were also quite good - at least my 21 year old enjoyed all the drinks on offer. Truly wonderful meal had by all.Special Features:
- Just might be the best…spocksbrotherDined on 8/22/2014I am a native New Yorker and witnessed the birth of sushi in NYC decades ago. I've eaten sushi all over the world, and all over Japan. Chef Ito just might have the perfect sushi experience. You'll pay for it, but it's worth every bit of it. Do yourself a favor and make sure you try one of Chef Lisa's brilliant desserts.Special Features:
- chrisVIPDined on 8/21/2014awesome went back 2 nights in a row and chef ito is a cool interesting personSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my favdragonladyDined on 8/15/2014Just was able to share this wonderful place with my boy friend I have eaten there as often as I am in Atlanta and had told him the food was better than sex!!!! Truely my favorite spotSpecial Features:
- Outstanding Food and Service!GrantDined on 8/12/2014Umi is quickly becoming one of my favorite restaurants in Atlanta! A very unique sushi menu and plenty of great beverages and desserts, UMI is my go-to restaurant for business dinners in Buckhead!Special Features:
- Great Japanese!ValechaVIPDined on 8/12/2014Ito-Kase is the way to go! The best Japanese I have ever had. In fact I would like to add that this was one of the best meals ever. The menu seems extensive. Chef Ito is an interesting character. I would recommend to reserve a table on the Sushi Bar and see him work his magic.Special Features:
- Loveeee it!!?RafaDined on 8/11/2014Best service!!! I had sushi here all the time and every time better than the last!!! Great for a first date if you want to impress!!! Please try the Kobe beef and the yellow tail appetizer :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GEJMDined on 8/9/2014Only issue we had was with hostess. We had res at 9pm. Showed up on time. Had to wait 45 minutes and then only got lucky with a table as the host assistant botched our name, i think, and we were seated. Maybe not her fault, but we would have probably had to wait longer if not for the assistant seating us by mistake. Food, excellent. Service from wait staff, excellent. Ambiance, thought I was in LA or NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food and Dining ExperienceNikongalDined on 8/9/2014Umi is absolutely as fabulous as the great press they have been getting! Pleasant decor, food fit for the pickiest of foodies, good service. Our 'Server' (Consultant)! was a master at the menu & took the time to listen and make excellent recommendations. We loved and would recommend every item we enjoyed. It was a Saturday night, and as it got busier, time for food coming out of the kitchen got a little long. Only other small issue was that the music was too loud. Otherwise I would have rated every single thing as a 5! We will be back soon - bringing some friends along!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and atmosphereFoodexplorerDined on 8/7/2014Superior selection of the freshest sushi on the planet. Atmosphere was very relaxing. Waitress bubbling with personality and expert on the menu. Heading back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't say enough about this place!SeahVIPDined on 8/7/2014I love Umi. I eat here weekly. If you haven't been, you are missing out! Make sure to try the spicy/crispy tuna (on the hash browned rice). Also, their desserts are amazing!!!Special Features:
- Love UMIdinerVIPDined on 8/5/2014This has become one of our most favorite restaurants in Atlanta. The food is always delicious and fresh. The wait staff is friendly and helpful. It is a fun place to people watch. So many beautiful young people. Just wonderful Try to get there at least once a week when in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!MlaucellaDined on 8/2/2014Food was amazing a bit overpriced but totally worth it. The place is beautiful and service was excellent. The level of noise is a bit too high for my taste but overall we had a great time at UMI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant, energetic, chicSusanaVIPDined on 8/2/2014Beware it is loud, cramped, and expensive but a vibrant, energetic, and chic scene. Service was excellent. Sushi was fresh and flavorful. Not the most creative I've had but it was pretty fast. Recommend the Lobster Tempura roll. Honestly one of the best rolls I've ever tasted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodAnonymousVIPDined on 8/1/2014Fresh seafood, well prepared, beautiful presentation, tasty and good service. A winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Excellent food and outstanding service. Great for couples, group and entertaining clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in ATL hands downJG1010VIPDined on 7/30/2014Think Nobu... Quality and experience is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOnolaVIPDined on 7/26/2014Its one of my favorite restaurants in the city and it is always an amazing experience.Special Features:
- AmazingFoodieDined on 7/25/2014Had the most amazing meal at UMI on Friday night. The service was incredible and prompt. The food was melt in your mouth delicious. It was by far the best sushi I have ever had and certainly the best in Atlanta. I can't wait to go back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Really all was excellent!! Extremely expensive!! Dinner for two. $325 incl tip!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lurefishVIPDined on 7/17/2014Best. Sushi. Ever. The fish is very fresh. We ordered every recommendation made by our outstanding server, Michelle. Drinks were refreshing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love UMI!!dinerVIPDined on 7/16/2014UMI is always wonderful. When we are in town it is the first place we go. The sushi is by far the best in Atlanta. Everyone in who works at UMI is nice and attentive. The chefs are amazing!Special Features:
- Love this place!SaxBDined on 7/14/2014Amazing sushi and vibe! I have been several times and have never been disappointed. Very fresh, well made sushi. Service is excellent. Great place for a date or for a get together with friends. Great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingElyseddsVIPDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant is very expensive but the food and service is amazing. Our waiter, Hector made suggestions and they were all perfect. I had the avocado salad and the lobster box--it was so good! All the sushi was perfect. The coffee is the best I've ever had and the dessert was perfect!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphereHooperDined on 7/12/2014Great Asian food cuisine with good saki selection and fun atmosphere in the restaurant and barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations are pointlessReservationsArePointlessDined on 7/11/2014We had a dinner reservation for 9:30. At the front there is very little room to wait and where there is room it is literally 100 degrees because it is so small and cramped. By the time we finally were seated at 10:15!?!, each of us sweating, the entire night had already been ruined. The food was good, but not good enough to make me want to have to go through that experience again. One last thing, we saw our server about 3 times the entire night. She was pleasant when we did see her though.
- DisappointedGemologistDined on 7/11/2014Menu fonts too small and no light to assist. Had to use cell phone flashlight as did several other guests. Spider roll a huge disappointment when hardly an iota of crab in it overpowered by lettuce and rice. Lettuce !? Avocado and cucumber usually. Service above average and we enjoyed that poetry in motion.
- JMB123Dined on 7/10/2014The food was outstanding. Our waiter was very nice, however was overwhelmed and had too many tables. We had to wait too long to finally order our dinner. Once he realized we were a little annoyed he was very attentive, however it took a while. Aside from that, great night!Special Features:
- Not worth the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/9/2014First time visiting the restaurant. Our reservations were at 7:30 and we were not seated until 8:20. We were never approached by a manager. We were given two complimentary apps after we were seated. Our server, Daniel, was great. Food was great. The restaurant is noisy and it was hard to have a conversation at a 4 top table.Special Features:
- SpecialKAtlantaVIPDined on 7/9/2014UMI is one of those places you don't go every day nor is it your typical sushi or Japanese restaurant. The sticker shock on the food is why it is not an everyday place, but the food is very creative and the menu is vast. The place is loud and a bit of a scene so again not an everyday place for someone who likes a little more quiet. Go early if it is a small group or else you might not be able to communicate easily. The lobster tempura is one of my favorites as well as the avocado salad. The fatty tuna chef special with truffles is divine as well!Special Features:
- killer food and service!TomcatVIPDined on 7/8/2014Communicate any food allergies and then let them order for you. Food very fresh and leaves you room for desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ATL Sushi since Soto/MFBrownHornetDined on 7/8/2014Umi is simply the best sushi restaurant in Atlanta right now. Appetizers were varied and delicious, especially the avocado salad and black cod misoyaki. Not much to say about the sushi except that everything was outstanding -- the quality of the seafood was amazing and the cuts were perfect. Personal favorites were the live scallop, otoro, Hamachi. Save some room for dessert and coffee(!) which were surprisingly good -- on a par with anything you would get at a fine dining restaurant. Umi is a see and be seen spot right now, and the "clubby" atmosphere is a bit at odds with the food. It is also very expensive. While the prices are fully justified by the quality of the food, this is not your everyday sushi restaurant.Special Features:
- UMI is a gem!foodiepatoodieDined on 7/5/2014If you are a sushi snob and a foodie, this is the place for you. Best sushi I've had in a very long time in a land-locked area, and I travel to Japan, NYC, SFO, and LA. It's a nice date place, and very chic interior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inspired Japanese foodAnkorwatVIPDined on 6/30/2014The food was excellent and I cannot wait to go back and sample other dishes. However even though we had a reservation we still had to wait for our table so be prepared. Our waiter was attentive and polished. The only other complaint was the uninspired repetitive background music. Sounded like a lame disco track. The mood would be enhanced by something softer and with a bit more of a zen flair. At the very least add variety instead of the constant 125 beats per minute. Despite that small blip the food is refreshingly different and I will be back for more of the beautifully presented and tasty food.Special Features:
- Delicious Food and FunAMacDined on 6/30/2014Umi is very energetic, so don't go if you are looking for quiet conversation. The food is wonderful. We've tried many things on the menu. All have been consistently amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply delicious.Xxgracexx098Dined on 6/27/2014I highly recommend going to Umi. The food there is fantastic and the wait staff are very attentive and helpful. You should order the Cobe beef nigiri. It's quite expensive but I swear, it's worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in Atlanta!!BeckyapDined on 6/20/2014Amazing atmosphere and food! Beautiful space and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.