3050 Peachtree Rd
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.umiatlanta.com/
- Phone: 4048410040
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday
Dinner: 5:30-10:30 PM
Friday & Saturday
Dinner: 5:30-11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Fuyuhiko Ito
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access
A word from UMI
Sushi is pure, clean food with simple, thoughtful and minimal intervention and the materials and design principle at UMI reflect this philosophy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
UMI reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (119)hot spot (115)special occasion (96)vibrant bar scene (52)romantic (44)good for groups (41)neighborhood gem (31)notable wine list (24)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2014Outstanding food and service but noisy. But one can overlook the noise because everything else was so outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningDinersDelightVIPDined on 10/18/2014Our evening was perfect from the time we entered until the time we left. The wait staff is friendly and knowledgable making excellent suggestions and helping to explain the dishes we were not familiar with. The food was fresh and expertly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UmiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Consistently fresh, simply amazing sushi and sashimi.Special Features:
- faveOnolaVIPDined on 10/16/2014I frequent Umi often & one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnrealCroweDined on 10/11/2014Food was beyond expectations. ive never tried so many different sushi types before and was all of amazing quality, taste and presentation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall goodFoodroksDined on 10/11/2014Overall would recommend this place. Staff and ambience is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014The service and the sushi were both top notch. I would highly recommend UMI to anyone who has a taste for adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UMI RocksTablefor3Dined on 10/8/2014Had a fabulous dinner at UMI with my wife and daughter. The food was amazing and the service outstanding. My only complaint would be noise. On a Wed night this place is so hopping with young singles that we could barely hear each other or the servers when they explained each course and items. The sushi was standout and even the special coffee service is something to be enjoyed. My only other advice is order the green tea souffle early in the meal so they don't run out and because it takes 25 minutes to prepare from the time ordered.Special Features:
- Stellar experienceDorotheabondgirlVIPDined on 10/7/2014Umi is the best and most authentic Japanese experience in Atlanta -- bar none!Special Features:
- tnrk95Dined on 10/3/2014Very progressive, unique dining experience. Exquisite drinks. Close to accomodations making it perfect for a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!SandmanDined on 9/30/2014Took my daughter there for a father/daughter date night. We asked the waitress to bring us a variety of foods to sample. The service was terrific and the food was unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love UMIdinerVIPDined on 9/29/2014UMI is one of our favorite restaurants. When we are in Atlanta we try to visit at least once a week. It is always terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous sushi!KADBJVIPDined on 9/27/2014We sat at the sushi bar and had the chef's tasting menu. Every dish was amazing and the sake pairings were perfect. Wonderful food and a really unique, fun experience!Special Features:
- Impeccable serviceatlopinionDined on 9/27/2014Servers were personable and delightful with valid recommendations for my sister and I, very enjoyable to compliment the wonderful food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best sushi in AtlantadavidbDined on 9/24/2014love this spot. Ito san is an incredible chef. better then mf sushi and the energy and ambiance is by far the best in atlanta.Special Features:
- Impeccable!MercedesDined on 9/19/2014I could not say a negative thing about UMI! This was our first time there (group of five) and the service, food, music and ambiance could not have been more phenomenal! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and fantastic food!!!HungryGirlDined on 9/18/2014It was out first time going to Umi and the server walked us through the menu and together we came up with what to order. Everything was amazing!!!!! Tasty and fresh. My favorite were the appetizers - yellowtail and red snapper- and the fatty tuna nigiri. Will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- people with more money than tasteDisappointedDined on 9/18/2014I will admit that the fish is fresh, that decor was nice and the presentation of the food was good, having been to number of Japanese restaurants, the majority of courses were uninspired and was extremely expensive. I don't mind spending $300 on a meal but the food and experience should be more inventive than the quality of the ingredients. There are a number of restaurants with marginally lower quality food for less than half the price. Would not recommend this restaurant to anyone who really loves or knows Japanese food.
- QuitkyblonderDined on 9/15/2014Always a pleasure to dine at Atlanta's best sushi spot. It's good to know that you can get a bottle (or 3) of vintage Dom here!! What a great evening/party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UMI is absolutely the best!dinerVIPDined on 9/15/2014We love UMI. It will be hard to be beat in Atlanta. I cannot say enough things about the food and the service. Love this restaurant!Special Features:
- Best sushi in AtlantaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2014This is one of our favorite sushi restaurants. It is hard to get a reservation since the seating is limited, but it is definitely worth planning in advance to go to Umi. I would highly recommend this restaurant!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent combo of food and serviceLivenLetLiveDined on 9/11/2014Although the place gets a bit busy on Thursdays and there isn't much space around the bar, the bartenders were excellent - they mixed me some really good cocktails based on what I told them I like. The food was excellent and the server, Franklin, did a *great* job of suggesting really good items on the menu to ensure we got to taste a bunch of different things as opposed to ordering just the usual go-to stuff. Great experience overall!Special Features:
- Best Sushi in AtlantaATLienDined on 9/9/2014Since I moved to Atlanta 3 years ago, I had been searching for a go-to sushi restaurant with top-quality fish. UMI is by far the best sushi I have had in Atlanta.Special Features:
- Love UMI!!dinerVIPDined on 9/8/2014I cannot say enough about UMI! The food, service and ambiance are just wonderful. Everyone is so friendly. The chefs are fabulous! We visit UMI every week at least once when we are in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Food okfashionistadvaDined on 9/5/2014The service was exceptional. Everything was on time - dinner right after appetizer - wait staff service table enough but not too much. The food on the other hand was ok. Nothing was bad but nothing really wowed me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi!zrikeVIPDined on 8/30/2014Umi is consistently great in terms of both food and service. Everything I've had there is delicious. We ventured out and had sparkling sake at our last visit and it was such a treat. We had family in town from NY and DC, and they loved it as well. Service is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lisaDined on 8/29/2014The presentation was beautiful. and the quality of the food was delicious. The restaurant is top notch, and the food is the best sushi in the city.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceTeeJayDined on 8/26/2014Great food. Top notch service. Expensive, but we were expecting that. Dined for a special occasion, so it was worth it. Looking forward to returning. Recommend.Special Features:
- WanderingSparkVIPDined on 8/23/2014Very nice, chic restaurant in the heart of Buckhead. Our server was incredibly pleasant, knowledgable and attentive without being overbearing. Sake was delicious, and recommended by our server. The disappointment for this place was in the food. The first appetizer we had, the jalapeño hamachi, was stunning. really perfect, with great flavor and texture. Everything else slid a bit downhill. Presentation was very nice, but both the rice and the fish were bland in every piece of nigiri and roll we had. It all tasted the same. Nothing was bad or fishy or slimy, and all tasted relatively fresh and clean, but a huge disappointment for the price point. We would not return.
- UMI is absolutely the best!dinerVIPDined on 8/22/2014We try to go to UMI at least once a week when we are in town. The food never disappoints and the servers are wonderful! The team of chefs are by far the best around. We had the tasting menu this time and each course was even better than the one before it! I truly believe UMI has surpassed Morimoto which has always been our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is incredibleFoodluvvaDined on 8/22/2014Our family of ten gathered to celebrate my daughter's 21st. The service was professional yet warm and the food was amazing - we ordered a wide selection of appetizers, hot dishes, sushi, sashimi and nigiri. The dishes were extremely well-executed and the ingredients were of highest quality. Cocktails and wine were also quite good - at least my 21 year old enjoyed all the drinks on offer. Truly wonderful meal had by all.Special Features:
- Just might be the best…spocksbrotherDined on 8/22/2014I am a native New Yorker and witnessed the birth of sushi in NYC decades ago. I've eaten sushi all over the world, and all over Japan. Chef Ito just might have the perfect sushi experience. You'll pay for it, but it's worth every bit of it. Do yourself a favor and make sure you try one of Chef Lisa's brilliant desserts.Special Features:
- chrisVIPDined on 8/21/2014awesome went back 2 nights in a row and chef ito is a cool interesting personSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my favdragonladyDined on 8/15/2014Just was able to share this wonderful place with my boy friend I have eaten there as often as I am in Atlanta and had told him the food was better than sex!!!! Truely my favorite spotSpecial Features:
- Outstanding Food and Service!GrantVIPDined on 8/12/2014Umi is quickly becoming one of my favorite restaurants in Atlanta! A very unique sushi menu and plenty of great beverages and desserts, UMI is my go-to restaurant for business dinners in Buckhead!Special Features:
- Great Japanese!ValechaVIPDined on 8/12/2014Ito-Kase is the way to go! The best Japanese I have ever had. In fact I would like to add that this was one of the best meals ever. The menu seems extensive. Chef Ito is an interesting character. I would recommend to reserve a table on the Sushi Bar and see him work his magic.Special Features:
- Loveeee it!!?RafaDined on 8/11/2014Best service!!! I had sushi here all the time and every time better than the last!!! Great for a first date if you want to impress!!! Please try the Kobe beef and the yellow tail appetizer :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GEJMDined on 8/9/2014Only issue we had was with hostess. We had res at 9pm. Showed up on time. Had to wait 45 minutes and then only got lucky with a table as the host assistant botched our name, i think, and we were seated. Maybe not her fault, but we would have probably had to wait longer if not for the assistant seating us by mistake. Food, excellent. Service from wait staff, excellent. Ambiance, thought I was in LA or NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food and Dining ExperienceNikongalDined on 8/9/2014Umi is absolutely as fabulous as the great press they have been getting! Pleasant decor, food fit for the pickiest of foodies, good service. Our 'Server' (Consultant)! was a master at the menu & took the time to listen and make excellent recommendations. We loved and would recommend every item we enjoyed. It was a Saturday night, and as it got busier, time for food coming out of the kitchen got a little long. Only other small issue was that the music was too loud. Otherwise I would have rated every single thing as a 5! We will be back soon - bringing some friends along!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and atmosphereFoodexplorerDined on 8/7/2014Superior selection of the freshest sushi on the planet. Atmosphere was very relaxing. Waitress bubbling with personality and expert on the menu. Heading back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.