3050 Peachtree Rd
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.umiatlanta.com/
- Phone: (404) 841-0040
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday
Dinner: 5:30-10:30 PM
Friday & Saturday
Dinner: 5:30-11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Fuyuhiko Ito
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access
A word from UMI
Sushi is pure, clean food with simple, thoughtful and minimal intervention and the materials and design principle at UMI reflect this philosophy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
UMI reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (132)hot spot (124)special occasion (91)vibrant bar scene (55)romantic (45)good for groups (39)neighborhood gem (33)notable wine list (23)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Always Spot OnLGaboDined on 11/18/2014I've dined at UMI five times now and I have not been disappointed. The service is excellent, the staff is very knowledgeable about the menu and the sake choices. I can't say enough good things about the food; it is the kind of meal where you find yourself chewing with your eyes closed because the taste just overwhelms you. So. Good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BethHDined on 11/17/2014Menu has incredibly small type and with no table lighting almost impossible to read menu. Everyone around us had out their IPhone flashlights.Special Features:
- Incredible food!debbyaVIPDined on 11/14/2014As we walked into Umi - We felt like walking out.....It was the ultimate in what we dislike about a restaurant -- overcrowded, overbooked, too loud, no place for the people who had reservations-- but are having to wait, to stand and the walkway to the bar was filled with people waiting for tables so no way to get the bar. We talked about leaving - but had waited so long to be able to get a reservation at this hot spot that we decided to wait it out. And wait it out we did, 45 mins past our reservation. Not impressed - but they did give us glasses of champagne on the house for the wait. Now on to the part of why you should go here anyway. Once seated the waitress quickly approached with a warm smile and a sincere thank you for waiting. Stacy (our waitress) was probably one of the top 10 wait people I have ever had the pleasure of having. Attentive, knowledgable about the entire menu and very nice! Then came the food -- OH MY GOODNESS!!! The best Japanese that Atlanta has to offer ---by far. The avocado salad is a MUST - very unique. the yellowtail jalepeno, the rock shrimp, the black cod, the crispy rice cakes -- all to die for. Will definitely be back --- even with the wait - there is a good reason for the wait!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and SushiPoltDined on 11/14/2014The service was amazing. Very attentive staff. Sushi was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi we've had!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2014Our daughter recently moved near Umi in Atlanta from Dallas. We frequented Nobu there, and UMI's sushi tops theirs handily! We LOVE Umi's concept -- freshest food prepared simply with very thoughtful flavor combinations. Two days later, I am still savoring the memory of our meal! We will return often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi - overall best experience in AtlantaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/14/2014I ordered the umi omakase. The food was amazing, ambiance was amazing, service was top notch, and the overall experience was unforgettable. This is the place to go if you want to impress your date. Every detail was well thought out from start to finish. The special chef special nigiri is probably the best thing I've ever eaten. You must add this to your omakase. It is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was OK....too "night club" like for me.BeckyDined on 11/13/2014Nothing special. It was more of a trending night club scene than anything. Every pricey for the sushi. Great Sake menu, but there are too many good sushi places in Atlanta to pay the high prices for just decent sushi. We don't plan on going back.Special Features:
- PatriciaDined on 11/12/2014It was so loud we could not hear each other across the table. They were experiencing problems in the kitchen so nothing fried was available from the menu. You would think they could have called us prior to our reservation to let us know this especially given the price range of items on the menu! What food we were able to order was very good and fresh. Probably will not go back given the level of noise and consideration of this reservation as stated on the reservation was a special occassion - birthday celebration.Special Features:
- UMI is terrific!dinerVIPDined on 11/10/2014We sat at the bar and had the sushi tasting again. We love it as we don't know what we will be getting next. It is a great way to sample new things that you may be unsure of. Everything was delicious and we discovered a few new favorites. It is fun to eat at the bar as you can talk to the sushi chefs which makes it fun. They are all great guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding SushicpathendVIPDined on 11/8/2014excellent dining experience! Make sure you eat all all of your food because the Chef doesn't allow doggie bags/to go! But you know what, the food is so good, there probably wont be any to take home anyway.Special Features:
- OutstandingNadineDined on 11/6/2014Best dining experience in years We highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love UMIOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2014We loved it so much that we went back the next night and had another outstanding dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tastsy food on a Wednesday2foodiesDined on 11/5/2014arrived at 7pm for a res. Waited in noisy bar for 70 minutes while we watched excellent bartenders and listened to Atlanta's version of Manhattan yuppies. This restaurant could have been featured in American Psycho as a chic Manhattan spot. Food was tasty and a bit gimmicky...fried UNI anyone?? Overall we will probably go again. The yellow-jack was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently greatAzzinskiVIPDined on 11/5/2014Never disappointed here. Every time I am in the Atl area I make it a point to come here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatGGSAVIPDined on 11/1/2014We had a great time. Daniel our server was excellent and made such good recommendations that really made this an outstanding experience. We will be back for sure!! Best sushi in town!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi Perfection in Greater AtlantaNikongalDined on 11/1/2014This was our second visit, and because we enjoyed Umi so much on our first experience, we brought our best foodie friends with us. Every item we ordered was spectacular and our Server was helpful, patient and in synch with our group's mood. Dining doesn't get any better. We will be back again and again - long drive and all!Special Features:
- Pricey but mostly worth itjonnyglobalDined on 11/1/2014The quality of the fish is top notch, but try at least one of the hot dishes. The tuna foiegras is fantastic. Service is prompt and friendly. Even with a packed house, my wife and I could hear each other well in conversation. The wine list is ridiculously overpriced. We found a $50 bottle we could live with. I believe next time around we will order in a way that will provide a bit better value but even then, we'll be prepared to drop more than $200 as a couple. For the quality of the ingredients and thoughtful, craftful preparation, I'd rate it among the top 3 sushi places I've tried (and sushi is one of my favorite foods).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love UMI!!dinerVIPDined on 10/30/2014It is our favorite sushi restaurant in Atlanta. We try to get here once a week when we are in town. The food and service are always excellent. The noise level has gotten a little over the top. I feel it is too loud and you feel as if you are clubbing in NYC. I wish they would change the choice of music or lower the volume as it is quite uncomfortable to be bounced out of your chair with the thudding of the music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDoug57Dined on 10/28/2014We enjoyed a great meal. Staff were friendly and knowledgable and gave great recommendations. We shared all of our plates. The yellowtail was delicious and the spicy tuna crispy rice was prepared to perfection. Not knowing what to order next we shared an assorted sashimi plate as well as one of our favourites-diver scallops in a ginger sauce. The highlight was dessert - great table side coffees and a dessert served with a wooden hammer. I will say no more, other than you must try it. The restaurant is lively (OK, a little noisy), but we will definitely go back. Great selection, wonderful food and friendly staff. All you need for a perfect night out.Special Features:
- Best sushi in AtlantaLisaVIPDined on 10/27/2014It doesn't get any better in this town than UMI. I'm from LA and thia place is comperable to a top LA or NY sushi restaurant. If you love the real deal and don't mind paying for the quality, look no further.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UMI - Oh MyAndyBDined on 10/25/2014Great food! Great service! Hard to find without specific directions, park in the lot for Chops!!! $2.00 valet parking there. As good as LA's Nobu and Katsuya.Special Features:
- best sushi restaurant in atlantaatlfoodie94Dined on 10/25/2014Umi is easily the best sushi I have had in Atlanta, and I've tried a lot of places since moving here two years ago. The ambiance, ingredients and company of diners is perfect.Special Features:
- Spectacular sushi!SushifanfromCTDined on 10/24/2014My son and I went to Umi for a special dinner and had a terrific experience. Our waitress handled all our ordering and continually surprised us with tasty fish and incredible chef selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic special occasionDiscoverATLDined on 10/24/2014We had a memorable experience. 10 course dinner, very attentive service, our compliments to the chef.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerEMSMDined on 10/23/2014Cannot say enough great things about Umi. We were pleasantly surprised to be seated at the sushi bar right in front of Chef Ito. He was very nice and informative and even bought us a round of drinks at the end of our meal. We had reserved a regular table but going back, I would definitely request a sushi bar seat. The food was outstanding. Highlights were the Lobster Toban-Yaki, Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice, and the Otoro Caviar. The service was impeccable. This is a place my husband and I will definitely return to during our next trip to Atlanta.Special Features:
- boooDined on 10/22/2014Outstanding food and service but noisy. But one can overlook the noise because everything else was so outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningDinersDelightVIPDined on 10/18/2014Our evening was perfect from the time we entered until the time we left. The wait staff is friendly and knowledgable making excellent suggestions and helping to explain the dishes we were not familiar with. The food was fresh and expertly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UmiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Consistently fresh, simply amazing sushi and sashimi.Special Features:
- faveOnolaVIPDined on 10/16/2014I frequent Umi often & one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnrealCroweDined on 10/11/2014Food was beyond expectations. ive never tried so many different sushi types before and was all of amazing quality, taste and presentation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall goodFoodroksDined on 10/11/2014Overall would recommend this place. Staff and ambience is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014The service and the sushi were both top notch. I would highly recommend UMI to anyone who has a taste for adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UMI RocksTablefor3Dined on 10/8/2014Had a fabulous dinner at UMI with my wife and daughter. The food was amazing and the service outstanding. My only complaint would be noise. On a Wed night this place is so hopping with young singles that we could barely hear each other or the servers when they explained each course and items. The sushi was standout and even the special coffee service is something to be enjoyed. My only other advice is order the green tea souffle early in the meal so they don't run out and because it takes 25 minutes to prepare from the time ordered.Special Features:
- Stellar experienceDorotheabondgirlVIPDined on 10/7/2014Umi is the best and most authentic Japanese experience in Atlanta -- bar none!Special Features:
- tnrk95Dined on 10/3/2014Very progressive, unique dining experience. Exquisite drinks. Close to accomodations making it perfect for a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!SandmanDined on 9/30/2014Took my daughter there for a father/daughter date night. We asked the waitress to bring us a variety of foods to sample. The service was terrific and the food was unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love UMIdinerVIPDined on 9/29/2014UMI is one of our favorite restaurants. When we are in Atlanta we try to visit at least once a week. It is always terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous sushi!KADBJVIPDined on 9/27/2014We sat at the sushi bar and had the chef's tasting menu. Every dish was amazing and the sake pairings were perfect. Wonderful food and a really unique, fun experience!Special Features:
- Impeccable serviceatlopinionDined on 9/27/2014Servers were personable and delightful with valid recommendations for my sister and I, very enjoyable to compliment the wonderful food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best sushi in AtlantadavidbDined on 9/24/2014love this spot. Ito san is an incredible chef. better then mf sushi and the energy and ambiance is by far the best in atlanta.Special Features: