Trio Restaurant - Palm Springs
707 North Palm Canyon
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Trio Restaurant - Palm Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.triopalmsprings.com/
- Phone: 7608648746x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Friday: 11am - 3pm; Brunch Saturday & Sunday: 10am - 3pm; Dinner Sunday - Thursday: 3pm - 10pm; Friday: 3pm - 11pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Van Laanen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a semi-private raised area in the front of the restaurant that is great for private parties of up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Tony 8772633930
A word from Trio Restaurant - Palm Springs
Where Palm Springs Eat's & Drink's. Located in the the Uptown Design District. An energetic, desert-casual atmosphere and great American modern food at reasonable prices - A place where anyone can come in, sit down and feel at home. Where the locals hangout, eat, drink and have fun. Experience Cocktail hour in the bar from 11am-7pm, $3 Well, $5 Martini's, Margarita's, Mojitos and featuring The Uptown Design District 3 course prix fixe for only $19 from 11am to 6pm 7 days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Trio Restaurant - Palm Springs - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Trio Restaurant - Palm Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
243 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (123)good for groups (118)hot spot (115)vibrant bar scene (100)special occasion (99)fit for foodies (98)great for lunch (70)great for outdoor dining (50)great for brunch (42)romantic (37)late-night find (25)notable wine list (19)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (7)Show More
- Great food noisy neighborsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Have dined at trio before Seat offered was on the end of a banquette table was wonky and had to be levelked by ourselves with a wine menu Food always good well presented and service was quick and friendly Salad apps were of a good portion, well seasoned and dressed with good olive oil Salmon in a bed of couscous was outstanding haricots were tasteless Spinach mouthwatering Pork chop was very succulent Sales and mash. A gr8 accompaniment Loved the dark beer Now the moan... The table of 6 sitting behind were so loud seated too close were obnoxious and inconsiderate in not moderating their language and loud voices By the end of the dinner we knew everything there was to know on how to build homes for wounded war veterans 😱Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and great serviceluckybVIPDined on 9/17/2014always a great dining experience, great food and bar. Friendly staff a good job all aroundSpecial Features:
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Wonderful, Great, Fantastic, Terrific, Enjoyable, ComfortableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty room, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014Trio is a very attractive restaurant with friendly, attentive staff, but the food was less than I hoped for. The wedge salad was tiny and drowned with dressing; and the baked chicken was chewy, as were the green beans. My friend had the salmon, and was satisfied with it. So it's hit or miss. A nice place to just relax with friends over drinks, but the kitchen needs to work on its basic food to be really a good restaurant.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodSuzFromLADined on 9/13/2014We have been consistently pleased with Trio whether it is for lunch or dinner. In the evening, it is usually crowded and the noise level is somewhat high so quiet conversations are difficult. But other than that, Trio is a delight.Special Features:
- Good Food, fantastic serviceaugustbDined on 9/12/2014Our trip to Trio was a standout to the fiftieth birthday party weekend.Special Features:
- back again!ArtnJoeVIPDined on 9/12/2014We had yet another enjoyable dining experience at trio for my birthday. The filet Mignon was delicious and we really enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- Used to be goodLocalguy4Dined on 9/11/2014The service was excellent however, the bread was stale and the dinner was not What I'd expect . The quality of good here has declined drastically.
- Our waitress was amazingMikenRickDined on 9/11/2014We have dined many times at Trio, but celebrating a friends birthday on Thursday was exceptional largely due to our waitress Lauren! She was personable, extremely friendly, knowledgable, and always knew the correct level of service based on our conversation! In short she was amazing. As always the food was great and the staff as a whole was, as usual, professional, yet friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little disapointedpsluvsDined on 9/11/2014Our dinner was good, but not outstanding. I ordered the paella. There was no saffron used in the rice. The rice was a little watery. My companion ordered the Mac n' cheese which was delicious. I was disappointed in the paella, so only 3 stars.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014The food was outstanding. We shared two plates and were surprised at our favorite. The Australian sole was perfectly cooked with a delicious, crispy crust. I'll be dreaming of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bottomless Champagne!BabsVIPDined on 9/1/2014Need I say more...? The portions are definately man sized! The mac and cheese is epic, and brunches are decadent.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The prix fixe menu is amazing...mac and cheese the best!Special Features:
- You will go back!CaptainDined on 8/30/2014I've been to Trio every time I have visited Palm Springs. The food is exceptional and the service is always great! The restaurant has an attractive vibe and is always a popular location for locals and tourists. You will definitely go back if you try it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing findSF0772VIPDined on 8/30/2014Local favorite, amazing good, service is great... But a little rushed and hectic. Tough to be a chick there.. Staff favors men.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunPiyoflyzDined on 8/30/2014Went for a bachelorette party and the staff was quite helpful. Our waiter was energetic and made excellent recommendations on food and drink. The food was good and unique. Overall, it was a wonderful experience and would definitely visit again.Special Features:
- FabooKMacDined on 8/30/2014One of our favorite places to go in Palm Springs, a MUST when we are in town.Special Features:
- Better beforeflacoDined on 8/30/2014We have dined at Trio's since you first opened up and we have to say that we have recommended friends and family but for some reason our recent experience was not great like in the past. Perhaps you are getting too popular and the quality and service is suffering from your growth....still will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite Palm Springs spotblondemommaDined on 8/30/2014The food and service is amazing here. The portions are very generous and the food is top quality. Prices are very good too..The rib eye plate is served with the best creamed spinach and mashed potatoes and runs $27. Other dishes that are good, lamb shank, fried artichoke hearts, coconut bread pudding...shall I continue? The list goes on and on. Be sure to make reservations a couple weeks in advance, this place is busy.Special Features:
- Going down hillEatoutalotVIPDined on 8/30/2014This used to be a go to place. The food comes out just too fast, yes too fast to be anything more than warmed up. They need to cook the food when you get there not reheat leftovers.
- Favorite Palm Springs eateryMikenRickDined on 8/28/2014This is our go to restaurant. The staff is always super friendly. The wait staff is attentive and the service excellent.Special Features:
- elyseDined on 8/25/2014Good as always. Great service. Food was wonderful. Very satisfying. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Fun!!WonderfulfunDined on 8/24/2014The food was marvelous and $19 3 course menu. Fish tacos, calamari, mushroom pasta and fresh fish on couscous...all terrific. The service is attentive, friendly and knows their stuff. I mean the best. We will be back.Special Features:
- uno reviewerunoreviewerDined on 8/24/2014Great happy hour; excellent dinner menu choices; great calamari appetizer and homemade brownie desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super AccommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014I came to Palm Springs from out of town to celebrate my best friend and fiance's birthdays. The service was great and they couldn't have accommodated more. I had two custom birthday cakes delivered to TRIO the day of the dinner and the staff took care of the cakes perfectly. I couldn't be more happy with how helpful and friendly the staff was. A great place to eat and drink and throw a birthday dinner. Food was great and all the guest found something that fit their tastes. Would recommend this place over and over again.Special Features:
- THE spot in Palm Springs!RubeDined on 8/23/2014The service is great and friendly. The food is wonderful, prepared fresh, served with a smile and the prices are reasonable. What more can you want!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trio TastiesBobspicksDined on 8/23/2014First visit. Loved it. Quality, portions and service outstanding. Our party of four arrive early, was immediately seated. We selected from the "Pick Three" menu. I had the BBQ pork, 5 cheese Mac n cheese and a vanilla sundae. The M&C was served in a huge bowl, was tasty and filled me to the gills. My wife had a salad and fried calamari. The calamari was amazing (next time for me - she was not sharing too much). Price was good for volume and quality. I counted no less than 14 waiters who were moving about frequently to ensure customers were satisfied.Special Features:
- Love TrioKMacDined on 8/20/2014One of my favorite places to dine when I am in Palm Springs.
- Artful Dining SpaceNathanVIPDined on 8/17/2014Trio has an upscale interior with beautiful art on the walls. There were five people in our group. Two ordered the beet salad that was delicious. The bread was also very good. Two of us ordered spare ribs; they had a spicy barbecue sauce that was sweet and tangy. However, they were falling off the bone, which one of us liked, but I like more toothsome ribs. My wife only had two sides for dinner: macaroni & cheese (exceptional) and creamed spinach (OK). The linguini with mushrooms pleased my grandson, and the shrimp with pineapple was liked by my granddaughter even though it was too spicy for her. All-in-all, it is a unique spot for dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large noisy parties overrun TriodesertdinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014We left just after we ordered. Upon arriving the women in front told the maitre d that there were part of the party of 18. We were seated next to a party of 12. Not just noisy, but streaks and screams. We asked the manager to see if they could control the noise. She agreed that there was a problem, but that the owners wanted to keep the large parties. Sure large groups are important to a restaurant, but shouldn't common sense dictate a limit. One party of 18, plus another large group, plus 12 near us. She said that she couldn't tell people to keep the noise down. We were far from the only diners who were annoyed. Too bad, as locals we always supported this restaurant, but no more. Rated Trio "energetic", no other options.
- Not going backLAJim67Dined on 8/16/2014We had been told the place was 'hip and trendy' but I guess that means loud, disorganized and slow service. First, we made a reservation thru Open Table but weren't seated until 10 minutes after our reservation time. Our waiter, Alex, was fine but while our appetizers came out quickly, it took much longer for our entrees to show up but we were never told our food was coming or kitchen was backed up, which would have made the waiting okay. (My husband is in the restaurant business and knows things get backed up). Overall, the food was fine -- nothing special but not horrible. There were 3 bachelorette groups there at the same time and even getting our check took a long time. Not the worst experience but not one I would recommend to others.Special Features:
- Bachelorette PartyMakaLoveDined on 8/16/2014Went with 5 other girls for a bachelorette party. Trio had a great vibe/atmosphere. Very modern. Girls got the lamb shank and the Mac&Cheese. The lamb shank was so tender that it fell right off the bone. The flavor was amazing! The Mac&Cheese, out of this world! Let's just say, what one person couldn't finish, the other girls devoured! It was gone. The portions were big enough I could have shared. The service was great too. Victoria was our waitress and she was sweet and very helpful. The restaurant also offered us a specialized cake for the bachelorette when I had made the reservation. They are very accommodating. If in Palm Springs again, I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Palm Springs Find.Foodie4LifeDined on 8/16/2014After checking out all the reviews, my husband and I decided to try this place out for ourselves. We were glad we did! The place had a fun, hip ambience with a friendly staff that was very prompt and attentive. The food was fantastic! We did the 3-course Uptown Prix Fixe Menu, which was plenty of food for the two of us. We would definitely come back here again.Special Features:
- Consistently goodDudeDined on 8/16/2014We live out of town and make frequent trips to Palm Springs. On many occasions we take friends to trio and know it will always be top notch, service, food, and wine are consistently at the top.Special Features:
- Fab as alwaysWonderfulVIPDined on 8/15/2014Trio always serves yummy food in a great and fun environment. It's a happening place that is fun to dine in or just stop in at the bar for some great cocktails and nibbles. The service is always excellent. Can't miss here!!Special Features:
- Over-ratedCodymDined on 8/14/2014I had much higher expectations for this place based on the word of mouth and reviews I had read. It felt like it was furnished by ikea, the food was nothing special, though they had some interesting dishes. Service was friendly and upbeat but server had way too many tables and we felt like we spent most of the night waiting for him to tend to us. I wouldn't recommend this place as there are much more interesting places to dine in Palm Springs.Special Features:
- Always goodArtnJoeVIPDined on 8/13/2014Brought a friend for their first time to eat at Trio. Food was great, romantic way to celebrate a one month anniversary.Special Features:
- Great local spotFoodISFunVIPDined on 8/12/2014The restaurant seems to always have a good vibe going. I like that we frequently run into friends or easily meet new ones. The food is consistent with good variety, although the fish special was exceptionally good. Staff is fun and engaging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trio great as usualtomronVIPDined on 8/10/2014service was good; food was excellent; drinks good; wine good at a popular priceSpecial Features:
- Superb Service, Excellent foodDiningForPleasureDined on 8/9/2014We discovered Trio based on a recommendation from a friend, and we have now made it one of our must stops when we are in town. The atmosphere is fantastic, the food out of this world, and the service is personal, friendly and expedient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.