Trio Restaurant - Palm Springs
707 North Palm Canyon
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Trio Restaurant - Palm Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.triopalmsprings.com/
- Phone: 7608648746x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Friday: 11am - 3pm; Brunch Saturday & Sunday: 10am - 3pm; Dinner Sunday - Thursday: 3pm - 10pm; Friday: 3pm - 11pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Van Laanen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a semi-private raised area in the front of the restaurant that is great for private parties of up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Tony 8772633930
A word from Trio Restaurant - Palm Springs
Where Palm Springs Eat's & Drink's. Located in the the Uptown Design District. An energetic, desert-casual atmosphere and great American modern food at reasonable prices - A place where anyone can come in, sit down and feel at home. Where the locals hangout, eat, drink and have fun. Experience Cocktail hour in the bar from 11am-7pm, $3 Well, $5 Martini's, Margarita's, Mojitos and featuring The Uptown Design District 3 course prix fixe for only $19 from 11am to 6pm 7 days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Trio Restaurant - Palm Springs - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Trio Restaurant - Palm Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
257 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (133)good for groups (123)hot spot (121)fit for foodies (102)vibrant bar scene (92)special occasion (89)great for lunch (67)great for outdoor dining (42)great for brunch (38)romantic (33)notable wine list (20)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (5)Show More
- How do I pay you people?JimboDined on 10/26/2014Lovely evening. Food was very good, and cocktails were excellent. Server was very helpful until it became time to pay the check. At which time, she disappeared temporarily. In marketing terms, TRIO "miffed" the close. JIMBOSpecial Features:
- Tragic....FormerTrioFanDined on 10/23/2014Was hoping the fifth time would be as good as the previous four. Didn't happen. Host seemed indifferent to me and my guests. Table wasn't ready despite multiple empty tabletops. The special was forgettable at best and the wedge salad wasn't. Thr food runner pretty much slung e food at the table reaching across the faces of my guests and looked bitter about being there at all. The server didn't want to split the ticket between the appropriate parties; reluctantantly did so and still couldn't get it right. Very disappointed. Seems like success has gone to their head and not in a good way.
- Just bad...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/23/2014Ordered the spinach riccota ravioli, took one bite and sent it back. Gritty, tasteless and sitting in a pool of oil. To be fair the waitress comped the meal and offered another choice so ended up with a mediocre salad. The wine knowledge was lacking, the poors were very small and overpriced. Our other 3 meals were lacklustre - not so fresh seared tuna on limp veg and mashed potatoes. A really disappointing outing.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/23/2014The food was wonderful. I had the lamb shank and the seasoning was right on and the meat was tender, melted in your mouth. My husband had the pork chop and it too was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trio continues to shineafjwaDined on 10/22/2014We have been to Trio many times and keep coming back because the food is always so good, the prices and portions are reasonable, thefixed-price menu is a great bargain for what you get (but make sure you are seated and your order in before 6 P.M.!). I really love the pot roast with sour cream mashed potatoes and the beet salad; my partner loves the 5 cheese mac n'cheese, though this time he tried the shepherd's pit and liked it also. We haven't been here for either lunch or brunch, though we understand from friends that both those meals are great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to its reputation.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014Excellent food, service, value. Diverse menu, outstanding choices.We will return!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night!datenightDined on 10/19/2014My husband and I went on a date night to Trio Restaurant in Palm Springs and was pleasantly surprised. Service was excellent and everyone that works there is very friendly. Food was very good and the portion size is perfect. We had their 3 course dinner...wow! So much delicious food for a terrific price. We will definitely be going back to Trio soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againNot2returnDined on 10/18/2014Extremely disappointing , over the last few years have had some of the best meals here but also some of the worst , with that being said was hesitant to bring friends here , but this last experience after waiting over 30 min with a reservation , to servers not sure if this was there table, to wrong entree and cold food served the night was a disaster from from the time we arrived , manager did try to make things right at the end but at this point what had started out as a very enjoyable evening with friends turned out to be a very unpleasant night .
- Great valueRickyBVIPDined on 10/18/2014Been to Trio several times. This is the first time we went early (5:00pm) due to plans we had a little later. There is a "before 6:00 p.m." 3-course menu for $19 with many selections from which to choose! Who knew? Coming earlier also meant less of a crowd and less noise - something we prefer. The servers were prompt, attentive and friendly. The food is good!Special Features:
- Always good!RumiVIPDined on 10/16/2014Trio is a must do every trip to Palm Springs!!! Food is always super yummy and service is great! We always enjoy dining at Trio... we even work our schedule around making sure we have dinner reservations! We celebrated my boyfriend's birthday and they had placed "happy birthday" confetti on our table and presented us with a luscious coconut cupcake for dessert! What a treat it is to dine at Trio!Special Features:
- Host5Dined on 10/16/2014Dined here about six times in two years. This time the matre D' was not helpful, basically indifferent The food was tired, had strange sides, my sole had some sort of overspiced spinash over it on a bed of cous cous. It was not a great dining experience.Special Features:
- I'll be backGRP1Dined on 10/16/2014Good food, great service and friendly atmosphere. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Truely great food!PSMYRRHDined on 10/14/2014This is one of my favorite alternatives to the same-thing-every-day blahs. Trio has great food, at a somewhat manageable price. While there are more family-friendly priced restaurants, the quality of the food is far superior to less expensive places, and the portions are more ample than most of the up-scale venues. I had the lamb shanks on my most recent visit, and was really pleased with the flavor, texture and the leanness of what is (in many other restaurants) a pretty greasy dish. The Pre-fixe pricing is a great deal, but be aware that it ends at 6 PM and is only weekdays. Finish off with the butterscotch Pot au Creme, for a truly amazing treat!Special Features:
- Good neborhood sceneNYMike3Dined on 10/11/2014Very friendly, livly clientele, food is ok, some dishes better than others, great happy hour. Waiters always trying to upgrade your selections. Overall a good place to socialize.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre foodmultilaterealDined on 10/10/2014Don't know where Trio got its reputation from. I had the vegie burger. The burger was good but the french fries tasted and looked like they came from Costco. My dining partner's pot roast was nothing special, while the NOLA shrimp was swimming in excess rice.Special Features:
- Trio is a bargain!LinWDined on 10/10/2014Don't know how they do it, but the $19 3-course dinners at Trio are outstanding. Our waiter delivered exceptional service and with great humor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were a burden to TrioFAIR2proprietorsANDdinersDined on 10/9/2014We reserved for three, one Dachshund, outside seating. We arrived on time. Host was warm, friendly - seated us promptly for outside dining. We have had server team approaches in the past. This was not what we experienced. My table-mate described it as helter-skelter: a disorderly haste, wrapped in confusion, and infused by a nagging question "when am I off??" We each ordered an entree salad and an appetizer each to share. The food was prepared quickly and presented on the plate nicely. We agreed the salads were good and the appetizers plenty sizable, and tasty, too! The food & bev refills came to us via six different people. Later, our waiter(?) check in. Our feeling? "We are unwanted here." Waiter(?), check please.
- Mediocre Comfort FoodOpenTableUser00013VIPDined on 10/8/2014Average food, nothing special. They do pile A LOT of food on your plate, so come hungry for mediocre comfort food. Don't expect any visually appealing plating. They basically plop your protein in a bed of starch and pour a sauce over. If you ordered one that included sweet potato fries, don't expect them to remain crispy as they'll be soaked with the sauce or meat juices. Prolly not going back. Cute decor tho!Special Features:
- Worst Meal I have ever hadABryDined on 10/4/2014We went to Trio on a last minute trip to Palm Springs. We sat down, ordered our meal, and a bottle of wine and after pouring only a glass of wine, our food was brought to the table. Less than 6 minutes after ordering. I was confused, and thought that there must be a mistake, but the waiter assuered me this was our order. The luke warm piece of fish on my plate, was clearly pre-prepared and microwaved. There was absolutely NO way that they could have prepared a meal, and served it luke warm in 6 minutes. We were finished with dinner in less than 30 minutes. The waiter was incredibly apologetic, and comped half our meal, but no manager came over to apologize. I was horrified by our experience and would never recommend Trio to anyone.
- First choice when dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Always great...table has been ready every time we have been there. Service is attentive and prompt. Food is great...went with 8 people from a wide age and background,Special Features:
- Very Palm SpringsTunaFanVIPDined on 9/29/2014This restaurant gives you the true feel of Palm Springs. Lots of items to choose from.Special Features:
- Would only return on a weeknightelscorchoDined on 9/27/2014When we arrived, it took a while to get seated and the lobby area is cramped with servers running through to patio. Great food, wonderful server (can't remember her name). However, restaurant was filled with several obnoxious bachelorette parties to the point where I couldn't have a conversation with my party. Do get the fried artichoke hearts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip and deliciousLBRunnerGirlDined on 9/27/2014Fun and energetic mid century vibe. Delicious lobster appetizers. Solid wine list and nice cocktail offerings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindBillSDined on 9/26/2014Alexander took very good care of us and the special halibut entree was wonderful.Special Features:
- WoodyDined on 9/25/2014We were greeted by very friendly staff and our server was very attentive. We enjoyed a good meal as we took in the prix fixe menu. They even brought me a decorated muffin as we were celebrating my birthday. We went during happy hour and enjoyed a few drinks at great prices. We enjoyed the quiet outdoor atmosphere as this restaurant is uptown away form the busy crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly experienceGlasgowfarmboyDined on 9/25/2014The portions were very generous, staff congenial, overall enjoyable evening. The grandchildren were happy. We would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice - but expensivePalmSpringsChrisDined on 9/24/2014We've been dining at Trio since it opened and the food quality has remained constant. Overall it's very good. We both had the "Bone-in Rib Eye USDA Prime Steak." The steaks were properly cooked (one rare, one medium rare). The Steaks were on the "skimpy side" and they were more than a bit tough/chewy. They had quite a bit of "sinew" running through them. This is not what I would expect from a restaurant serving "prime" beef. We've ordered many of the menu items before, and overall, we've been very pleased and will continue to dine there. That said, we won't be ordering the steak again. In our opinion, it wasn't worth what we paid. This was the first time we ordered steak and we both felt that Trio missed it's usual mark.Special Features:
- GREAT JOBJblacklockDined on 9/21/2014Always enjoy dining at TRIO - Dominic is the BEST!!! He takes great care of us each time we go there. Dominic and the staff do an incredible job of making sure you are taken care of at all times!!! Great food, great place and great service - who could ask for anything more!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Too much hypejetsetterDined on 9/20/2014Great looking hip restaurant but food does not live up to it's reputation. The food came out way too fast which made it seem like we were eating at a fast food joint. Food was just ok as they probably didn't spend much time cooking it. The sweet potato fries were really good but then I can get them at a fast food restaurant too. Nice looking restaurant with a cool ambiance and good service but unfortunately the food is unsatisfying.Special Features:
- Girls night outKellyVIPDined on 9/19/2014Took 3 new diners to your establishment. We all had a great time AND the electricity went out! Staff did not miss a beat. I know how stressful losing power can be - Well done Trio Staff.Special Features:
- Great food noisy neighborsHMQSGBDined on 9/18/2014Have dined at trio before Seat offered was on the end of a banquette table was wonky and had to be levelked by ourselves with a wine menu Food always good well presented and service was quick and friendly Salad apps were of a good portion, well seasoned and dressed with good olive oil Salmon in a bed of couscous was outstanding haricots were tasteless Spinach mouthwatering Pork chop was very succulent Sales and mash. A gr8 accompaniment Loved the dark beer Now the moan... The table of 6 sitting behind were so loud seated too close were obnoxious and inconsiderate in not moderating their language and loud voices By the end of the dinner we knew everything there was to know on how to build homes for wounded war veterans 😱Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has seen better daysNotanymoreDined on 9/18/2014The food, to us, has been getting progressively worse now for more than a year. What was once a neighborhood staple has become a bachelorette party favorite. If the food was as good as it once was this would not keep us from returning. Such is not the case.Special Features:
- good food and great serviceluckybVIPDined on 9/17/2014always a great dining experience, great food and bar. Friendly staff a good job all aroundSpecial Features:
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Wonderful, Great, Fantastic, Terrific, Enjoyable, ComfortableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty room, mediocre foodNYCguyDined on 9/15/2014Trio is a very attractive restaurant with friendly, attentive staff, but the food was less than I hoped for. The wedge salad was tiny and drowned with dressing; and the baked chicken was chewy, as were the green beans. My friend had the salmon, and was satisfied with it. So it's hit or miss. A nice place to just relax with friends over drinks, but the kitchen needs to work on its basic food to be really a good restaurant.Special Features:
- Exceeded Expectations...AGAINMichaelTodDined on 9/14/2014We visit Palm Springs once or twice a year and have made it a point to return to Trios each time. When there's a time element like this between visits you can be concerned that changes have occurred at the restaurant. Rest assured we found Trios to be consistently dependable with all points we look for in a restaurant. Beautifully presented, delicious food with fun servers that add to, but don't overwhelm the dining experience. The prices are very fair for the quality provided. We left Palm Springs with another pleasant memory at a favorite restaurant of ours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service!JCCLACAVIPDined on 9/13/2014Trio offers good food and friendly service. This is one of our go to places in PS. It's too bad they are SO popular with bachelorette parties. If you're lucky enough to be there on a night without a lot of bachelorette parties your experience will be better.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodSuzFromLADined on 9/13/2014We have been consistently pleased with Trio whether it is for lunch or dinner. In the evening, it is usually crowded and the noise level is somewhat high so quiet conversations are difficult. But other than that, Trio is a delight.Special Features:
- Good Food, fantastic serviceaugustbDined on 9/12/2014Our trip to Trio was a standout to the fiftieth birthday party weekend.Special Features:
- back again!ArtnJoeVIPDined on 9/12/2014We had yet another enjoyable dining experience at trio for my birthday. The filet Mignon was delicious and we really enjoyed our evening.Special Features: