Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Wailea, Maui
3750 Alanui Drive
Kihei, HI 96753Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Wailea, Maui
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/TBG/Stores_Restaurants/Restaurants/Wailea.jsp
- Phone: (808) 875-9983
- Hours of Operation:
Island Time Happy Hour 2-5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: A warm reception awaits you and your guests at Tommy Bahama Restaurants. From an intimate luncheon or dinner to a lavish cocktail party, we offer a variety of services and special features, including: *Trained staff of event professionals *Onsite catering for all occasions *Floral-design services - Leis, etc *Outdoor patio for an evening under the stars *Live music
- Entertainment: Please contact us for our Live Island Music Schedule
- Special Events: WaileaEvents@tommybahama.com
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Wailea, Maui
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Wailea, Maui - Best Restaurants in Wailea ›
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Wailea, Maui reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (41)good for groups (26)fit for foodies (23)great for lunch (22)kid-friendly (21)neighborhood gem (17)special occasion (15)romantic (12)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (10)notable wine list (8)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Delicous foodJanineDined on 11/14/2014Expansive, but delicous! The Filet Mignons is fantastic and also the fish is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly staffCALNHVIPDined on 11/12/2014Tried hard to please, but timing of the food was poor. Long waits and then entree came before we could finish the salad. Long wait for dessert to be served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeamCanadaDined on 11/9/2014Fantastic first experience. Attention to detail and very friendly staff. Made my family feel instantly welcome and exceeded all of our expectations. Manager was also very generous with his time and ensured we had a great experience.Special Features:
- WestieWestieVIPDined on 11/6/2014One of our favorites when we visit Maui and always good from year to yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch and Dinner was goodtapdogsDined on 11/5/2014We ate both lunch and dinner here. Although prices were less than neighboring hotels, the prices were still high. Lunch menu was more reasonable. Service isn't great when busy. Slow for beverages. Fast for food. Reservations recommended for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place , live musictraveldinerVIPDined on 10/29/2014Good place to go in Wailea, solid abd tasty food (aside from the scallop slider which is not a good creation), nice staff and we were lucky enough to enjoy some live music.
- Stale and weak menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/28/2014The food and service is always good here, but the menu remains stale and weak.Special Features:
- JazzyVIPDined on 10/27/2014Average experience. I don't even remember what I ate. A typical chain restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedLikewhAtwelikeDined on 10/27/2014was not sure what to expect but we really liked it....service was very good, atmosphere and live music were elegantly laid back...coconut shrimp were amazing and did not taste like frozen, mahimahi was fresh and excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wailea WahineWaileaFoodieDined on 10/19/2014My husband and I really enjoy Tommy Bahama's restaurant. This time we brought friends from the Big Island with us, and they loved the food, especially the crab bisque. The food is consistently top-notch, and the service is always attentive.Special Features:
- Very yummy!MauimealsDined on 10/13/2014I had the filet mignon, and no lie, the BEST steak I've ever had. We also ordered the red snapper, that was delicious as well. We especially loved how they showcased dessert. Was no menu, they actually bring a tray out and you get to see what you're ordering which is really cool. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- night outJPLTEDined on 10/13/2014We had a nice but inexperienced waiter, we were given a lunch menu which was 1/2 the price for what we got on our bill for the same thing (a little shocking but we paid the bill without a fuss). The service was below par for this type of restaurant and for the prices paid. We had to ask for water to be refilled, salad was what I would expect in a regular diner. The meal was fine but they brought it to our table before we finished our salad, we had to ask for clean silverware after the table was cleared of salad dishes. Out of the Four nights out paying similar prices this was not even closely comparable. They apparently make it off their location and name not the dining experience I have come to expect in the area.Special Features:
- So SoWinnieDined on 10/11/2014We had three Mahi Mahi dinners and one coconut Shrimp dinner (not on menu but you can order as dinner) All the fish was way over cooked, dry and very thinly cut - the coconut shrimp was over fried and dried out. My crab bisque was excellent)One salad with beets and feta cheese, couldn't found two tiny piece of beets and a couple dabs of feta - we all started counting the ingredience - LOTS OF LETTUCE. The Wait staff was excellent, the music was nice, it is Tommy Bahamas, atmospher and fun place to have dinner if you are not a foodie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid meal and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014We recently dined at Tommy Bahama for lunch before a flight. The service was quick, the atmosphere was light and airy. The menu was offered variety, more than the regular burger. The food was prepared well and presented hot. We will return.
- Great settingWJWJVIPDined on 10/3/2014Both of our meals were very good. We were seated outside and the music from the entertainer set perfect ambiance for the evening. A very nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant !Jemay22Dined on 9/23/2014The food, drinks and service are consistently good at this restaurant! And I love the decor too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyDinerVIPDined on 9/18/2014Casual dining. Good food. Good service. Reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Good LunchKootenayFoodieVIPDined on 9/18/2014Staff was attentive. Good came quickly. Bred and cinnamon butter to start was tasty. We've been here several times and it has always been very consistent. Can't go wrong by going here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MAUI STYLE!winethirtyDined on 9/17/2014The shops at Wailea were great and I liked that the restaurant was right in the shopping center.Special Features:
- Impeccable ServiceLoveOpenTableVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food is consistently superb every time we dine here, and the service is always outstanding ... on this most recent visit (lunch on Sat. 9/13/14) our server went over & beyond excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michelle LBadFoodnServiceDined on 9/1/2014BAD.I first enjoyed Tommy Bahama is 2008, and LOVED IT! BUT, I was just there again 9/2014, and feel so ripped off! The food wasn't good at all, and it was way too overpriced. I would have been happy to pay the charges if the food was good, but all of it was SO disappointing... the music was way too loud- and I normally enjoy music at a decent level, but it was so loud it distracted from the ambiance. Our waiter was nice, but very slowwww, we waited 20 mins after our plates were cleared for the bill, then he brought out a dessert display, and again I told him, no thank you for dessert, waited another 10-15 mins for our bill, and then it took him forever to come get my credit card. The hostess gal was screwing around on her cell phone.
- Good food and live musicCharleysDined on 8/24/2014Good Opakapaka with risotto dish, sat outside near 1 man band which was nice, good service, would recommend.Special Features:
- Return Birthday celebrationDaveVIPDined on 8/18/2014Three years ago we celebrated a milestone birthday and had a terrific experience. This time we were seated by the kitchen even though we reserved in advance and the restaurant was only two thirds full. There were children running by the bar and the staff did not do anything about it. Drinks took nearly half an hour arriving after the appetizers. The server was disinterested and the appetizers were cold on arrival. For the main course, we had ahi, snapper, ribs and chicken. The chicken and ribs were good, but the snapper was salty and the ahi was tasteless and the sides were awful. We had to ask for a desert menu and coffee was not offered. TB used to be our favorite on Maui. Very disappointing.
- Great dinnerHBcuppycakeDined on 8/16/2014It was our last night in Maui and were happy to have chosen Tommy Bahamas. The staff from the moment we walked in to the moment we left were attentive, friendly and happy. The food was fantastic! I'd eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ddljrVIPDined on 8/12/2014Consistent Tommy Bahama's. Good food with no surprises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff is awesome!motoxlrgDined on 8/11/2014From the moment we walked in the door to the time we walked out, every staff member that dealt with us, or was just walking past, at a minimum said hello. It was our first time there but they made us feel like regulars. Food was good. Making a selection was tough as items are diverse in origin. Ribs seemed to be the safest choice for a newcomer. But again the staff was very helpful, offering suggestions that were spot on! The downer was kids and babies. Knowing a nearby resort caters to children we chose to dine later in the evening. Still kids and babies after 7:30. Did not appear that efforts were made to seat those with children in the same area. All in all our experience was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Pushy service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2014The scene: Waitress: How about a (insert specialty drinks)? Just ice water for now thanks Oh that's no fun! Later after review of menu How about a (drink)? Ok I'll try that. And waters please. So two (drinks)? No just one & two waters. Next go round: We've got great appetizers. No, we're ready to order. Are you sure? (!) Yes, ready. I'd like tortilla soup to start... A bowl.. No, cup. And the Sanibel please. (Second order) I'd like the steak. And for the starter do you want soup or salad? Oh does it come with? No but (literally opening menu pages) we've got great ones. No thanks. Was asked 3x about a drink refill, while having to request water refills repeatedly. Finally--you can't leave w/out dessert! Oh yes we can. And not return.
- The following 562 reviews are from the Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Wailea, Maui reviews archive.
- Nice eveningJohnny3VIPDined on 7/19/2014Great meal with attentive service. Management stopped to check on our satisfaction with our meals and service. Great spot in Wailea.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent! We'll be back!!USCTrojanMBAVIPDined on 7/18/2014WOW - what a great find. The same high quality that the Namesake Brand is known for was delivered. We had a lovely dinner on the veranda/lanai. The atmosphere was superb. Our dinner was just excellant! Grilled Artichokes - YUM YUM. Coconut Scallops even better! Key Lime Pie - heaven! It will certainly be on my list of places to dine next time I am back on Maui! Don't be fooled the name - this is no "Cheese Cake Factory" chain restaurant. The food was on pair with some of the other best restaurants on the island and at 2/3 the price. Great food, great atmosphere, and reasonably priced (for Hawaii).Special Features:
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/16/2014Family group of 9, service was a touch slow but reasonable. Most food was good, filet mignon dinner seemed overpriced and left one person hungry. Overall a good experience with a few nits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodDrubisDined on 6/29/2014We eat here every time we come to Maui. It's always been good and have never really had a bad meal. My son had the Caribbean season mahi and it was awesome. Another great meal. If your looking for a real nice place try Tommy's you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Nice DinnerFineDiningGuyDined on 6/29/2014Very good food but not excellent. The service and ambiance were superb. Too bad they lost their view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/28/2014Tommy Bahamas is always on our list when visiting Maui...at least once, more depending on how long we stay in the island. Food is always excellent. The encrusted opakapaka is wonderful and the special opakapaka dish was outstanding. This time around the service was a little spotty until the manager, Megan, came over to check on us. From that point on it was outstanding. We visited with Megan for awhile and Tommy Bahamas is lucky to have her! We watched her moving among all the tables, talking to diners, helping servers, clearing dishes whenever needed and always smiling! We will be back!Special Features:
- EXCELLENT *****LoveGoodFoodDined on 6/26/2014My wife and daughter dined here twice in one day. It was just excellent. The lunch & diner menu is awesome & service is superb. Nothing to improveSpecial Features:
- Amazing!NessieVIPDined on 6/24/2014I was a little leery of trying this restaurant as I had only heard of the clothing store. I thought the food was be just " bar food." I was pleasantly surprised. The drinks and the food were awesome. The entire staff that we encountered was so warm and welcoming. The next time that we're in Maui, we will return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findDrubisDined on 6/22/2014Been coming here for years and always make this our first stop and our last before going home. We tried the grilled artichoke which I must say was the best darn artichoke I have ever eaten. Done perfectly, and had incredible flavor. We split both a salad and entree, as well as a desert. We have never had a bad meal here. We will be back! They live have live music nightly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/20/2014Surprised at how good the food was. Rose was a terrific server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOMMY BAHAMA'S MAUIRICKSPDined on 6/16/2014OVERALL SERVICE AND FOOD WAS GREAT. I GIVE IT A 9 OUT OF 10. *MUST TRY THE AHI NAPOLEON!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day Celebration2tocelebrateDined on 6/15/2014Food was excellent and well presented. We were especially impressed with our waiter who knew his menu and was attentive to our needs. We will definitely return the next time we come to Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodPaleoMauiVIPDined on 6/14/2014Great service, amazing food, great drinks a definite must try. The only down side is they have no view.Special Features: