The Wooden Table
2500 E. Orchard Rd
Greenwood Village, CO 80121Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Wooden Table
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thewoodentablerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3037302152x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 2:00PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brett Shaheen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are delighted to offer a custom off site catering experience for our guests! Please call Jane Knauf for more information.
- Special Events: The Wooden Table would love to host your private events, rehearsal dinners, wine dinners and more.
A word from The Wooden Table
Is it possible to create an establishment with the vibrancy and excitement of a downtown eatery in a suburb of Denver? The answer is yes, and the proof can be found in the new restaurant, The Wooden Table. Nestled in the Greenwood Village neighborhood just a few miles south of metropolitan Denver, The Wooden Table offers a neighborhood family Italian restaurant with the ambiance and feel of a downtown bistro. We boast a dynamic menu offering fresh, local ingredients that change with the season. Each dish is lovingly prepared and cooked to perfection. Add to that our outstanding and friendly service and you have the makings of an exceptional culinary experience. The Wooden Table…simple dining at its finest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Wooden Table - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
The Wooden Table reviews from OpenTable diners
238 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (167)fit for foodies (155)special occasion (122)romantic (70)notable wine list (52)great for lunch (28)great for outdoor dining (23)good for groups (20)hot spot (15)great for brunch (8)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Wooden table experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014The food and service at the Wooden Table were outstanding. But, as the evening wore on, the noise level got to the point that I could not hear my friend without leaning way in. In addition, the grey print and low lighting made it impossible for my husband to read the menu. Also, the next table was so close, I felt as if I was eating with those two ladies as well as my party. In the beginning we were told our birthday celebrating friend would receive a special cake, but that never happened. It is too bad that these ambience items cannot be reconciled because the food and service are really too-notch.Special Features:
- Great food, terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014The food was amazing; however our server was not attentive. We had to wait over an hour to get our dessert and our check. At the end of the night, our server was nowhere to be found. Also, we couldn’t get cappuccino because the machine was broken, and we couldn't get Sambuca because they didn’t carry it. Those are two major Italian staples for a great dinner. I would not recommend The Wooden Table, nor would I eat there again.Special Features:
- Loveland DinerLoveland80537Dined on 8/29/2014Restaurant Week--the menu was poorly planned--carb heavy. The choices were meager. The shining star was the appetizer (angelotti).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceSpudsMageeDined on 8/27/2014Juanita is a fantastic waitress, I will request her next time when we dine at Wooden Table. The food is always good here. I had the pappardelle pasta and I wanted to eat through the bottom of the bowl. So good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandraVIPDined on 8/27/2014Outstanding food and very charming and efficient service. Bee have already made reservations to return and are bringing friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014Went for Denver Restaurant Week dinner. Our wait person seemed hassled and overworked. No smile. DRW menu was wonderful, but the noise level is way too high. It is hard to have a conversation.
- First try during Restaurant WeekCayjayDined on 8/25/2014The server explained to us that each couple would order one appetizer, one entree and one dessert, all for the low low price of $60..ordering from the regular menu would have made it about $50. We thought it defeated the whole purpose and charm of RW to upcharge for the prix fixe menu, so we opted to go off the regular. Bf and I shared an appetizer and two half orders of pasta--three items--for $45. The food was really good. It occurred to me later that the server might have been mistaken, but I don't think I'll be back...it just seemed like they weren't ready or weren't interested in participating in RW, which just gave a bad impression.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but LOUDOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014We loved the gourmet meal but could hardly talk to one another . Unbearably loud. Some noise absorbing renovations are definitely needed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014our waitress was great. food was great. noise level was too much.Special Features:
- What happened?OKCdinerVIPDined on 8/21/2014I have dined at Wooden Table several times. Last night the food was not up to par, but, that was hardly noticeable compared to the server we were unlucky enough to get at our table. I don't believe I have ever had a less personable or less helpful server in my life. She threw plates down on the table, interrupted our conversations without apology, and was abrupt and rude to us. Food: What does it tell you when I say that the clams in the linquini and clams were bigger than the muscles? When I mentioned that the muscles used to be huge, she told me it was beyond their control. Not true, ask a restaurant like Bistro Vendome. Wooden table should have been embarrassed to serve them and even more embarrassed to employ a server like ours!Special Features:
- Such A Delight!stagerpaDined on 8/19/2014My husband and I love this restaurant. This time we enjoyed out meal outside. The service was just as prompt and memorable as eating in-doors. The bartender suggested a Cab that was absolutely superb! The restaurant was very busy and we did need to wait but just for a few minutes and the staff was most apologetic for the delay. I had the Tortilloni and my husband had the duck-both were excellent. A wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go on Monday Nights!NermiDined on 8/18/2014Great wine special on Monday nights (bottles half price with purchase of two entrees). Lovely waitress and great pasta. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, service is terrible!RT1121Dined on 8/17/2014Went to dinner for the 2nd time and had the unfortunate luck of getting the same server Ramon. Terrible service both times. Last night we sat for 20 mins till he came by and ask if we wanted something to drink. Another 15 mins go by and I flag him to take our dinner orders. I asked for bread never got it. He never bothered to check On us to refill our water and see how we are doing. If it wasn't for the other servers, we would have not gotten any service whats ever. I won't be coming back. There are too many good place to eat in the Denver area to put up with poor service
- Good food, ok service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Groupon for 4 - 2 apps, 4 main, 2 desserts - we also added an extra app & dessert. Food was good - appetizers - enjoyed the liver mousse pate, but wouldn't have the polenta again. Main - all the dishes were really tasty, duck, beef, pasta, scallops. Desserts - to die for, seriously these were fantastic! Found the cocktails to be expensive. The service was not what we expect - server was nice enough, but we didn't get our water glasses filled up, and noticed other tables were given bread and offered fresh ground pepper, neither of which we were offered. Didn't look like there were enough servers to take care of all the tables, so maybe a management issue.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just foundfoodfunfor2Dined on 8/16/2014The restaurant is very friendly and the food was amazing. The bar service could be a bit quicker. We will be going back. Reservations would be a good idea during prime time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond ExpectationsDenverDiningDuoDined on 8/15/2014WOW! What a gem hidden in a strip mall of all places. Excellent fare, service, and an impressive wine selection all at a welcome value in the greater Denver market. We will urge all our friends to try this diamond in the rough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jimbobDined on 8/13/2014the food was excellent and presentation very nice….Special Features:
- Lousy,lousy,lousydisappointeddinerDined on 8/12/2014Very disappointing. We have been coming here since they opened and the service and food have been in a steady decline. Our waiter was horrible and the food was average at best. Gary, the GM, was not there and it is too bad because I would have told him how disappointing our dining experience was.
- Perfect mealKKMattskiDined on 8/8/2014From the appetizer of mussels with homemade sausage and saffron to the luscious lemon semifreddo dessert, this meal was perfect. The pastas are each distinct and mouthwatering. It was a real treat to order half plates for a variety of flavors and textures. Service was relaxed, knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surprisewashparkfoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2014Probably the best restaurant meal we've had in a long time. And in a suburban shopping center!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodgrumpyVIPDined on 8/7/2014I was a little hesitant because it is in a strip mall, but it was a good halfway point to meet friends. The food was very good and the staff was great. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EbonyDined on 8/7/2014Marvelous food! Very noisy restaurant makes it difficult for conversations.Special Features:
- Relaxing atmosphere and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014This was our fist time visiting The Wooden Table. They had some great cocktail specials and wine list was adequate. The food was good for the price point but dessert (tres leches) was a bit lacking in freshness.Special Features:
- Absolutey Fabulous!luv2dineVIPDined on 8/4/2014A great dining experience from start to finish! The mussels, arugula salad, red snapper, Angus beef were outstanding. The service was top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2014But not really our taste. When I looked up the menu online, I noticed the basics of pasta. But, I should have looked at the details, as it was a bit more fancy than we were wanting..Special Features:
- We will be backLetseatoutDined on 8/2/2014Once again, we were not disappointed with the service and the food. Both exceeded our expectations. The noise level was high when we arrived, but things quieted down about 1/2 way through the meal. We did not expect things to be quiet on a Saturday evening, so this was not unexpected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014The food and service were excellent......Will return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but too noisySue12Dined on 8/1/2014The food was very nice, very good list of wines and the service was excellent. However it is very noisy (hard to speak and hear your friends) and the decoration could use a little charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014Average experience. Nothing to complain about but nothing to rave about. For the price, it would be nice to feel like you've walked away with a bit more all the way around.
- 2nd tryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014First time we went the food was great. This 2nd trip was lacking the attention of our first visit. Food was still good but the prawn appetizer was incredibly difficult to get out of the shell. We've had many shrimp appetizers full body in the past bust this was horrible. Had a pasta dish that was different from what we had in the past and it was great. Had another duck dish the same as the first trip and it was just as good, still a bit salty. Service was horrible. Took forever between trips back to our table. Not very friendly or helpful. Tried pawning us off on another waitress. Restaurant was far less than full. While the food was still good, not quite enough to draw us back for the price. No offer of an aperitif this visit.Special Features:
- One of those nightsJohnDined on 7/30/2014We had a 7:15 reservation and were seated at 7:55. During that time the host offered a complimentary glass of wine. Nice touch. However, we ordered Chardonnay and got champagne (sparkling wine), which the host insisted was Chardonnay. Hmmm. When we were seated, our waitress took 10 minutes to ask us if we would like something to drink, then without taking our requests, turned around to address the table behind us. From that point on things improved in both service and quality of the meal, with the exception that salads were delivered prior to our appetizers and you couldn't peel the shrimp appetizer. Place was crazy busy and lively on a Wednesday night, don't think they expected it, I know we didn't. Would I go back? Maybe at 5:00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemJaneDined on 7/30/2014This unsuspecting restaurant in a strip mall will have you coming back time & time again! The service is great & the dishes phenomenal! Kudos to the chef and entire team at The Wooden Table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slight disappointmentSnowbirdDined on 7/30/2014Although the food is very good to excellent, on our Open Table Request section, I noted a request & also mentioned we were celebrating our anniversary. I was slightly disappointed, for this caliber of a restaurant, not to acknowledge a special event in any way, shape or form.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!CACOgirl06Dined on 7/29/2014It's a once a month treat! Love everything! I like knowing there will be new treats on the menu every time I go. Makes me look forward to going even more!Special Features:
- Wooden tableFoodiecouple14Dined on 7/25/2014Food was great, would go there again for it. The cocktails sound uniquely delicious, but actually disappoint. Just tasted like alcohol with some citrus. The biggest frustration was that we had a reservation but still waited 45 minutes for our table. The restaurant is tiny so they obviously overbook in an effort to make up the money they lose on limited dining space. Would only go back on an off day/time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Location and Foodyummy123Dined on 7/25/2014Great location and food for a business lunch. Everything was top notch, including the service and it was quiet and not difficult to get a table. I would definitely go again!Special Features:
- Worth the waitbcskierVIPDined on 7/24/2014Have been here many times and had good experiences. This time, we booked a last minute table for 2 at 8 on a Thursday. When we arrived, the place was packed and the bar was full of people waiting for their tables. Not sure how they even allowed us to book a table on OT. Anyway, we waited for a while, then got a seat at the bar and waited a bit more. Then decided not to take the first table offered as it was right in the entry. Finally, we got a quiet table near the back of the room. The bartender was actually our server. she did a great job. Seems they like they taken the food quality (and unfortunately the prices too) up a notch. Everything we had was excellent. Highly recommended for a bit of a splurge night out.Special Features:
- Wooden Table is a great findRondDined on 7/24/2014Food is very good to excellent, friendly staff great service. Everyone pitches in here from the Bartender to the Hostess, no one shys away from service you. Mussels appetizer is terrific I could make a meal of just that. Small menu but plenty of variety, went there with my Nephew and a friend and the friend is vegetarian, he loved the food. So did my nephew. Will go back as often as I can it is a great place small but sufficient.Special Features:
- Great food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/24/2014Our group of 4 really enjoyed the food, which was done perfectly in every aspect. Service was exceedingly slow at times, especially getting wine to the table. I think most of the trouble was between the bartender and the waitstaff. As others have mentioned, this place is expensive, especially the wine list, which has almost nothing below $50. Because of the expense, we won't make this a regular spot, but for a special occasion place in Greenwood/Centennial, I would recommend it over Venice Ristorante.Special Features:
- parking lot view set the tone.redzDined on 7/23/2014The food was adequate, but nothing mouthwatering. I would expect more for "Fruition" prices.(My current gold standard). Service was slow, I still got charged after returning a glass of wine which tasted damaged. I don't know why they don't use window coverings.