The Margarita At Pine Creek
7350 Pine Creek Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80919Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Margarita At Pine Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.margaritaatpinecreek.com/
- Phone: 719-598-8667
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric Viedt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Debbie Cartwright 7195988667
- Entertainment: Winter Schedule: October-May; Live Music In The Lounge On Friday Evenings Starting at 7pm and Live Baroque Music In The Main Dining Room on Saturday Evenings.
Summer Schedule: June-September; Dinner & A Movie Series on Friday Evenings on The Patio at Dark, Come Early To Get a Seat! (Pairing Classic Movies with Food, Weather Permitting) Live Music On the Sunset Patio Thursdays, 6:30 pm. Saturday Farmers Market with Live Music 9am-1pm. Live Baroque Music in the Main Dining Room Saturday Evenings
A word from The Margarita At Pine Creek
The Margarita at Pine Creek, named for The Margarita Daisy, has been an independently-owned local restaurant for over 35 years. Known for our Comfortably Contemporary Cuisine, we feature daily changing menus emphasizing on seasonal ingredients with local products being used whenever possible. Complementing the food, we offer a full bar with specialty margarita and martini menus, our Wine List features over 75 bottles of traditional and obscure varietals. The Kitchen's eclectic approach to cooking as well as warm service and relaxing atmosphere has earned awards from both critics and the community.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Margarita At Pine Creek - Best Restaurants in Colorado Springs ›
The Margarita At Pine Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)romantic (38)great for outdoor dining (36)fit for foodies (22)great for lunch (22)neighborhood gem (22)great for brunch (19)scenic view (18)notable wine list (15)good for groups (12)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- great findjbetzwellVIPDined on 8/12/2014Great find. We came in on business and had the best meal of the trip at this hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Like Old TimesDoriecakesDined on 8/2/2014I used to go to this place when I was a secretary at the Air Force Academy. It was an adorable place then and it has still retained its charm 30 years later. I now live in California and have become accustomed to delicious, clean food. I found The Margarita to be on an equal level as the fancier restaurants here in California. So happy the place is still around. I will visit again (every time I visit my parents who still live in the city).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ceeteeDined on 7/31/2014consistently lovely over the years - took a work group this time - everyone was more than impressedSpecial Features:
- FredDined on 7/25/2014My friend in Denver likes this restaurant so well, she drives to Colo. Spgs. to meet me for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Colorado Springs DinningBarieDined on 7/23/2014This restaurant was recommended by two people who live in Colorado Springs that lived in the area that we met on the road while traveling. It was located behind our hotel. There was great ambience, friendly staff and excellent food. We would go back again if we were in town. Would recommend to others going to Colorado Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodflashcoDined on 7/22/2014This was the best meal--all 5 courses-- I have had in a very, very long time.Special Features:
- Awesome Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014My gf and I went here for an anniversary and had an amazing time! The food was amazing, the complementing wines were delicious, and the service was upbeat and positive the entire time! We started off at one small table by the kitchen, but asked to move to a bit of a quieter spot with no problems. Overall amazing experience for a great price. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- JoanVIPDined on 7/15/2014Margarita at Pine Creek is always a special, quaint place to go. Tucked away and off the road, you feel a million miles away. Good food and good service and always GUS! Thanks Patty - for creating and continuing a wonderful place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect For Date NightMaximillian00VIPDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I went here for date night and loved it. The menu for dinner is a fixed 3 or 5 course meal with plenty of great choices. We had two great bottles of wine that were reasonably priced and the food and service were very good. We had the 3 course meal which excludes soup and dessert, but even then we both had plenty of food left over to take home. I wouldn't bring kids, but for a date or an adult group, it is highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful as alwayseaccsDined on 7/9/2014I made my reservation through open table and indicated some food allergies. The waiter was on top of it and helped me select delicious food options that worked great for my taste. Love this restaurant and the staff!Special Features:
- Lovely restaurantMonumentMomDined on 7/6/2014We had a delightful Sunday brunch for 4. The food was delicious, service was discrete and it was a very nice treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemEhubrexDined on 7/6/2014I would recommend this place for the location and the atmosphere. I went there with a very dear friend for lunch on a Sunday morning and it was like a little oasis! What a gorgeous location! It was so secluded and serene. I would come back here again and again for the location alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio dining at its finest.AliceDined on 7/6/2014Lovin that patio. Wonderful and relaxing. Service was great. No complaints. Like the doggy.Special Features:
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014We recently dined on the outside patio to celebrate a family birthday. The surroundings, ambiance and service were all exceptional. A truly enjoyable experience. Prepare to spend $$$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good BrunchBradBDined on 6/22/2014I wanted to take my wife somewhere special for her birthday and she actually found The Margarita. We arrived at about the right time and were quickly shown to our table. The place is interesting with a light atmosphere. There were people outside on the patio but we opted for an interior seat. We looked over the menu (although we had already seen it online) and made our choices. My wife, being a vegetarian, went for the roasted veggie eggs benedict and I went for the crab benedict. Both were obviously freshly cooked, and I must admit, of the two, the veggie benedict had more flavor. That's not to say that the crab benedict was not good, it was. It's just that the veggie benedict was just that little bit better. We will go back there.Special Features:
- Favorite (so far) in CO SpringsAaronCDined on 6/20/2014My wife and I recently moved to CO Springs from out of state and have been underwhelmed by the food scene. We've used Yelp to try and find some good restaurants, but it wasn't until we ate at The Margarita that we finally had a great dining experience. We sat on the patio on a perfect evening. The live music wasn't my favorite, but it wasn't obtrusive or annoying. We had the pre fixe menu with five courses, cocktails and wine and it came out to about $70 per person, plus tip. Not cheap, but the food and service were excellent. Portions were just right - not huge, but not small plates either. We were there for several hours, which was perfect for us, but if you're looking to dine and dash, you're out of luck. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An off-night?makeitgoodDined on 6/17/2014The food was decent; well-prepared fried green tomatoes and a generous portion of fish. The salad was very mediocre (I ordered greens with sesame dressing, which turned out to be plain greens overdressed in something very garlicky with a few won ton crisps on top). I was disappointed in the number of choices as well: just four for each course. Easier for the chef but a little frustrating for the diner (e.g. if you don't like fried food, raw oysters, or goat cheese, you're out of luck for the appetizer). The service was fairly attentive but rather self-absorbed about the restaurant: instead of focussing on the diner, it was all about the Margarita at Pine Creek. Which, unfortunately, wasn't all that special, at least in our view.
- Great food, & ServiceBreckFoodieDined on 6/15/2014Margarita at Pine Creek is never a disappointment! Chef Viedt is fabulous! Told exceptional waitstaff, Devon, that one party had a food allergy and they graciously accommodated it. The food was scrumptious and excellent. Had the brunch menu and it made for a great Father's Day! Highly recommend it! My guest had a poached egg dish that was wonderful and I had the salmon, which was perfect. The crumb cake was an extra added, yummy addition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers Day BrunchHappyDinerDined on 6/15/2014For those of us who prefer quiet settings, modest prices, quality food, and sane meal portions to overeating at expensive, crowded buffet troughs, The Margarita at Pine Creek hits the mark. I was looking for a place to take my elderly parents for Fathers Day breakfast/brunch and we had a lovely experience. The menu selection had plenty of variety without being overwhelming and our selection, crab benedict, which came with steamed asparagus, fresh fruit, and coffee cake, was delicious. My parents don't eat out often and it's rare that they enjoy a restaurant enough to put it on their list of places to go when their best friends are in town. The Margarita at Pine Creek made that list. We look forward to returning and highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentYumYumVIPDined on 6/10/2014Patty and her capable staff have been serving superb food for more than 40 years. The dinner was extraordinary as always. Th best restuarant in the area and they do a superb job with fish, not a common skill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, Elegant, Reasonable!MsCockatooDined on 6/6/2014This restaurant is a lovely place to get away from it all in the middle of the city. It is relaxing and romantic. The perfect place to lunch with girlfriends or celebrate with a lover. The food is exquisite! And I was delightedly surprised about how reasonable it was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/4/2014We were a party of six having dinner at the end of meeting at the Broadmoor. The Margarita did not disappoint. Everyone loved their food. We shared our interesting five courses around the table outside on the patio. A lovely evening - highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2014Had a great meal served by Debbie. The mushroom soup was so great we purchased a quart to take home. The meal sizes are just right, and perfectly done. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service ruined a great mealCharlestonNativeDined on 6/3/2014When YOUR sign says fine dining, you better have the service to match the food quality. My lady and i have been wanting to try the margarita for a while. Our server, who certainly wasnt trying to be rude, had a few flaws. There was a mix up with the drinks, the other server working that night assumed i got a beer and my partner ordered the champagne; incorrect. I was back handed by our server more than once. My lady's entree was delivered while she was still eating her salad. Just amatuerish "fine dining" service at best. The food was the best ive had in town. My only complaint was that my fish was completely underseasoned. Its refreshing to see great food in the springs, better service would have justified the price tag a little better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a celebration of any kindColoSpgsFoodieDined on 5/30/2014Always wonderfully prepared food, something different every time. Small intimate atmosphere, great place to share time with close friends. Wonderful patio in the summer. A hidden gem.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunchGrace28Dined on 5/30/2014My friend and I had lunch here last week. We had the fried green tomato salad and it was soooo good! Of course the bread loaf with the pimento cheese on the side is to die for!! We also shared the French Onion soup. All I can say is Wow! So good! And the chocolate cake for dessert was divine. And our bill was $30 total. Of course that was without the wine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/27/2014Sitting outside and enjoying the view of the sunset over the Peak in the lovely outdoor patio was delightful. The food and service were lovely. I highly recommend the opportunity to eat here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation LunchKittyDined on 5/21/2014The salad, soups, bread, and lovely pound cake were wonderful. It was perfect for the occasion.. The quiet, attentive staff, lovely seating, and pretty view were just what I was looking for. I wish there had been one or two more lunch choices-yet I would highly recommend it for special occasions, and it is reasonable enough to go there on a whim.Special Features:
- BobnLisaDined on 5/20/2014Absolutely awesome! Great service, outstanding food and exceptional atmosphere. There were four of us for dinner. We each had the 3-course dinner. Between the four of us we sampled the wild boar, sirloin steak, duck wontons, dinner and Caesar salads, and crème brulee. None of us were disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionswcs2Dined on 5/14/2014We celebrated a family member getting a job after 5 months on unemployment. It was enjoyable and great food.Special Features:
- DisappointingbmellowVIPDined on 5/10/2014the furnishing haven't been updated for quite a while and the restaurant is showing its age, from the tables the the structure itself. It is like they do't care the walls have paint falling off, etc. Waiter was largely inattentive. Charged $7 to split an entree for my two children, which would have been fine, but they just brought an extra plate and didn't offer to split the entries physical. Was really hoping we'd like it but the food was average, the facility was falling apart and the service wasn't anything to write home about. For the prices charged, you can definitely do better elsewhere in the Springs.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014Very nice brunch; also good choices for the vegetarians who were with us.Special Features:
- Delicious Plus...CooperDined on 4/29/2014Wonderful service and delicious food every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 197 reviews are from the The Margarita At Pine Creek reviews archive.
- Lousy AmbianceDisappointedDined on 4/26/2014The dinner was expensive, but the service a little better than that at a normal restaurant. But what really was not good was the area we ate in. The table was a two person table that was like in one of those comedy movies where people sit at opposite ends of a long table. The music was so loud coming through the speakers that my wife and I could not hear each other. After eating our dinner, I asked the hostess where the harp & flute music that had been advertised were. She said in the dining room. We were in some other room, I guess. I asked why our "Open Table" notes about the harp music had not been taken into account. She said that she had no notes. So Open Table and Margarita At Pine Creek are now on my DO NOT USE / GO TO list.
- We chose this place to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2014We chose this place to celebrate a friends 33yr career/retirement from the military and we were all sooo pleased with the atmosphere/food/wine it was the perfect spot, off the beaten path with a simple exterior and a very cool, private dinning interior. You think you are getting an ordinary menu, by no means is that this place. Three to five course choice and it is very good, all four of us loved our choices and we all four ordered something different. They also have bands, on some Friday nights outside. There was a band playing in the basement some Celtic/Irish music. All kinds of wonders and worth a one time visit at least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always superbYumYumVIPDined on 4/10/2014The menu had a 30 year ago throw back with Patty's original Paella back on for a week. It was as good as always (or even better) - a superb treat for a dish that is hard to execute well. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Place for Special TimesRonSDined on 4/9/2014Happy to return to Margaritas for a big meal with our son and his family. We had the perfect table and everyone appreciated the wonderful food. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very excellent prepared food !DutchmanDined on 4/5/2014All the courses were very well prepared and totally delicious! Want to go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceRogerDined on 4/5/2014Colorado Springs restaurants generally are not known for their good service. However, Margarita at Pine Creek differentiates itself from others with outstanding service. Servers attend to the customers without being intrusive. Pace of food servings was perfect. Five stars for their great service indeed!Special Features:
- Lunch for friends and familyconradDined on 4/2/2014Family met for lunch, was seated promptly and the service was great. Nice that the owner is very much present and watchful of each table. Looking forward to eating there4 in the summer when they outdoor seating.Special Features: