The Bazaar by José Andrés
465 S. La Cienega Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
The Bazaar by José Andrés
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebazaar.com/
- Phone: 3102465555x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar Daily from 5:30pm.
Dinner: Monday -Wednesday, 6:00pm-9:45pm. Thursday-Friday, 6:00pm-10:45pm. Saturday, 5:30 - 10:45
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: José Andrés
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: sbe Catering offers The Bazaar's award-winning Spanish cuisine by James Beard award-winning chef José Andrés at any location, for intimate dinners at home, meetings at the office or elaborate parties just about anywhere. Customize your event with tray-passed service, seated dinners or chef’s stations. sbe Catering can do it all! Visit sbe.com/events or call 323.525.2400 to plan your event today.
- Entertainment: Tarot card reader on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Special Events: From intimate to grand, let sbe Events + Catering plan your perfect event at The Bazaar. The Bazaar accommodates up to 675 guests with design by Philippe Starck, on-site and off-site catering, custom menus by James Beard award-winning chef José Andrés, and premium mixology and specialty cocktails. Visit sbe.com/events or call 323.525.2400 to plan your event today.
A word from The Bazaar by José Andrés
The Bazaar by José Andrés is a vibrant mix of sophisticated cuisine and playful lounge spaces where dining transcends into fête extraordinaire. Experience a collection of magical dining experiences, entwined in a modern-day, European-inspired “indoor piazza” -- savor pioneering culinary creations, delicacies from roving carts and delicious libations by James Beard Award-Winning Chef José Andrés. Enjoy delightful visual surprises at every turn, courtesy of world-renowned designer Philippe Starck. And shop the inspired retail selections curated by design vanguard Moss, woven throughout the space. The Bazaar by José Andrés has received four stars from the Los Angeles Times, was a finalist for the James Beard Awards' "Best New Restaurant," and has been named Esquire Magazine's "Restaurant of the Year" and Zagat's "Top Newcomer."Continued
The SLS Las Vegas is now open and taking dining reservations. Your table awaits. Book Now
The SLS Las Vegas is now open and taking dining reservations. Your table awaits. Book Now
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Bazaar by José Andrés - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
The Bazaar by José Andrés reviews from OpenTable diners
335 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (232)fit for foodies (231)hot spot (185)vibrant bar scene (137)romantic (127)good for groups (120)notable wine list (78)late-night find (64)neighborhood gem (39)great for outdoor dining (16)scenic view (7)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Amazing FoodKimboDined on 8/31/2014Always going to get an amazing meal at the Bazaar. Our food was to die for, service was better than we have received before at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Always AmazingManhattanbeachgirlVIPDined on 8/30/2014I truly believe this is the best restaurant in LA. If you are looking for unique preparation, amazing taste, cool atmosphere, then this is the place.Special Features:
- Perfect Anniversary CelebrationwineAlotDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and were greatly appreciative of the wonderful experience provided by the staff, led by Zach, our server. The front desk staff was welcoming, the bussers and runners were friendly and helpful. They all did a superb job setting us up for the delicious foods that we enjoyed greatly. Thank you all for making our day very special.Special Features:
- Best restaurant everDrAngeeDined on 8/27/2014If you ever want to splurge and impress someone -go to the bazaar!! It is sooo good. Our server Rosie was the best server I have ever had and helped us pick off the menu... Must get croquets, philly cheese steaks, fried eggplant with honey foam, tomato crostinis, capers de salad, chicken with dates and mustard and do NOT miss the coconut floating island for dessert- but eat it fast before it melts!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among the best everKDadDined on 8/25/2014I have eaten around the world: Paris, New York, Chicago, Tokyo, etc. and this is one of the best restaurants ever. Service is great, the decor unusual but pleasing and the food is just outstanding. It is rare these days that I find a restaurant like this but I give it an enthusiastic 5 stars.Special Features:
- Food QualityChloeCCDined on 8/24/2014I've been to Bazaar for a couple of times and was planning to book SAAM if this dinner turns out well. The food was not as impressive as before. In fact, some of the seafood dishes are not fresh at all; covered with heavy sauce, you can still taste the seafood is going bad because of the pungent smell/taste...This is a main turn down for the dinner. I hope Bazaar can provide quality meals on a consistent basis.
- always a pleasureLUV2EATDined on 8/23/2014you can never go wrong with this place. the service and the food are always in mint condition status. jose andres is a geniusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food; Vibrant AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Food was unique, progressive (nitrogen-techniques), and really delicious, but pretty expensive for small plates. A big menu but something for everyone. It was our anniversary and they seated us side by side on one of their couches to look out to the rest of the restaurant. (although it was by the service hallway, we were set back and didn't really notice.) The scene is vibrant and elaborately decorated. A very large bar and restaurant. Service was good - attentive but not over the top. The Philly Cheesesteak was to die for.Special Features:
- not as impressed anymore but gogreat2dineDined on 8/19/2014We felt the place feels very themed, tired, dated hip. When it first opened, wow, what a place. Now it's like been there, done that. The decor is becoming cliche but for most I guess OK. First seated at a picnic table/benches, we asked for seats with backs & after a bit of 'tude' we were accommodated & the table we asked for 'was taken & the party is here' but I guess they changed their mind, it was empty the whole evening. The place is not as crowded as before but the service was lackluster & aloof. Prices are high, food is excellent, although some dishes were luke-warm. Watch out for the double or triple tip 'suggestions' we almost paid a 60% tip!, when asked they removed it but said it's a policy of the hotel & no one else complains.Special Features:
- Must try!AjsucDined on 8/18/2014The food was so amazing. Really unique and interesting items on the menu. The staff made so many recommendations and were so helpful! Our waiter Will and dessert waitress Rozie were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatbetoVIPDined on 8/17/2014i have been in this restaurant 20 times , and always is great...try the phillysteakSpecial Features:
- Anniversary 2014HalberstamDined on 8/16/2014Amanda was a great waiter, She really new her stuff. Tim was great with all the deserts too. Always love the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every pennyFoodie101Dined on 8/16/2014Bazaar is a must try for all foodies!! The experience is out of this world. Obviously, pretty pricey, but worth every $100 you spend, and yes you'll spend quite a few of those. The food is unreal, and something you will not have tried anywhere. The philly cheese steak sandwiches are something everyone must try. Even olives, something so simple, they make into something magical. This will be hands down one of the best meals any foodie will ever have. EVER.Special Features:
- Nothing specialHowardinBaltimoreDined on 8/14/2014We love tapas. It was a special birthday band we were looking for a quiet table. They tried to seat us at a community table in front of the prep kitchen. We said no. They had us wait in the lounge where it took forever to get a drink. They then tried to seat us at the same table. We said we would wait. Ultimately seated in the same room somewhere else. Good server. Well paced. Tapas were fairly good. Dessert was nothing special. Ate there because we were in LA and were in the SLS Hotel. Better choices elsewhere. Hip, but tried too hard. Not especially high energy, just loud. Won't return.Special Features:
- Delightful!beabrowDined on 8/13/2014This was the most fun restaurant experience I've ever had. Would definitely recommend the mojito, philly cheesesteak, beef tartare, and jicama guacamole, but I wish I could have tried everything. The chicken was the least surprising item we ordered, but it was still very good. Thanks for a lovely evening!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/12/2014This is one of more unusual and fun restaurant experiences you can have. The tapas menu is very creative and the decor is whimsical and unique. It is a bizarre Bazaar that reflects Mr. Andres' offbeat and playful nature. Oh, and the food is really good. We shall definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014The waiters were very attentive and the food was delicious!Special Features:
- FabienDined on 8/11/2014Great Food mixing Tradition and Modernism. Excellent Cocktails and nice patio for outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than everfoodieVIPDined on 8/11/2014Perhaps because it was a slower night the service seemed sharp and more attentive than in the past. Avoid the desserts and eat another tapaSpecial Features:
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/10/2014This restaurant is special in every way....The food preparation in most cases benefits from the "scientific" approach to cooking. In lesser hands, this could be a gimmick, but in this case it is masterful. The array of tastes and textures is distinctive and delicious. The presentations are beautiful. The service staff are knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient. The decor varies from room to room--each distinctive. This is a total experience and one worthy of special occasions.Special Features:
- DeliciousichimichiDined on 8/9/2014Majority of the Tapas we ordered were so delicious with just a few exceptions. Overall the restaurant has a great ambiance, pricey...they increased the price of my favorite tapa..."philly cheesesteak". It is highly recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeCoolrsbydavidDined on 8/6/2014The food was excellent great service beautiful design delicious desserts best of all deliocus tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best.JODBDined on 8/4/2014Amazing nitrogen drink; terrific special dishes; very comfortable; Great wine selection; enticing ambiance---Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar Restaurant!bluegarnetDined on 8/3/2014This place nonchalantly exudes a mature and sophisticated cool. I love coming here and my guest loved the decor (oh the variety of chairs you see upon entering!) and that one of our dishes seemed to be alive for minutes after being placed on it table. Came here bc of a birthday special and just about every dish was superb. Be prepared to dine like the French - these are bite size tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious fun and classykaleykaley13Dined on 8/3/2014We're huge fans of Chef Jose Andres and his creative tapas. This restaurant does not disappoint with an array of incredibly unique, eclectic dishes, many with a spanish, asian, or american flair. Each tapas was presented exquisitely and was really fun to eat. They take you to a separate patisserie section of the restaurant for a nostalgic candy-bar style dessert. Overall a really fun experience. We left feeling not too full and as though we had had a fun evening well spent together, eating beautiful food in a rich, warm, funkily decorated space.Special Features:
- Everyone should experience itJeremyVIPDined on 8/3/2014I think everyone should experience The Bazaar at least once. It is dining art that is almost too difficult to explain. You've never had anything like it.Special Features:
- Not a favoriteLuvfinefoodVIPDined on 8/2/2014If you want to be rushed through an overpriced meal this is your place!
- Always a Great ExperiencemochagalDined on 8/2/2014This is my second time here. I took out of town guests (family). We had a great time. Highly recommend - at least once. Since it is pricey.Special Features:
- Cold reception, Hot foodIntrepidationDined on 8/1/2014We selected The Bazaar due to the good reviews it garnered. Our initial impressions were dampened with the poor attitude of the reception staff who were aloof and disinterested . We were made to wait for more than 30 minutes and not once did they come to us to update us or apologize for the long wait.Their answers to our questions were curt, the girls seemed more interested to talk to each other. We ordered 16 varieties of tapas and most of them were delicious . The service was good , notably the servers were generally highly enthusiastic and warm compared to our waiter who was AWOL most of the time.Special Features:
- Good experiencechowtownDined on 7/30/2014We had heard a lot about this restaurant from friends and we excited to give it a try. There were a few dishes that we enjoyed a lot, but there were several that we would definitely not repeat. Again, we are glad we tried it but are unsure of our return unless it is for dessert or afternoon tea.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014don't go hungry. you will leave hungry. The plates are VERY very small and expensiveSpecial Features:
- great expensive funSusanVIPDined on 7/28/2014Servers were very knowledgeable and helpful in choosing items for both meat and vegan eaters. The "scene" was as much fun as the food and the decor. Not for the faint of wallet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceEmmamDined on 7/28/2014The food was good but unique. I enjoyed the desert most, which was excellent. The atmosphere was cool and there was sort a little museum on one side. Definitely recommend trying it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with friendsteddybearVIPDined on 7/26/2014Dine LA was wonderful! Enjoyed the various selections which for 4 people was fabulous. Only complaint (but did not deduct any stars) was when it was time to seat us, the computers froze and we were not seated for about 10 minutes. But our table for four was nice which made up for the wait.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014The food here is pretty good. Nothing was outstanding, but everything is executed well, albeit with a tad more salt than I would have preferred. They were pretty good with refilling drinks, but otherwise, the service was pretty bad. Some things can be attributed to being understaffed, like the slow service and general confusion over what was ordered and what has already been serviced. We were also seated near someone who was some kind of VIP. Every few minutes, some of the senior wait staff would drop by and shoot the breeze with this person quite loudly in front of our table. Very unprofessional.Special Features:
- TinatinaDined on 7/26/2014Bazaar is amazing!Went there for DineLA. The atmosphere and the design there is so beautiful. There is also a little bazaar in it. Highly recommend the Philly cheesesteak...Shrimp Cocktail tasted a little wired and the dressing came with Wagyu Beef confused me.... Overall, this is a perfect place for people to hang out at night.Special Features:
- Waiters not as on point as foodwaiiiiiiitDined on 7/25/2014Food was good. An interesting take on American food. Everything tasted good. Service was a little slow. I had a 10:15 reservation for a group of 2; we ended up getting seated at 10:45. After we got seated it took another 15 minutes of our server to actually come over to our table and asked if we wanted anything to drink. 15 minutes later!! It's like he didn't even know we were sat down for 15 minutes. I'm sure the wait staff was tired after a long day or was handling too many tables.. but damn if service was fantastic, the whole experience would've been so much more than what it was. Although not a big deal; there was no space in the dessert section when it was our turn.. haha I wish I was able to experience the whole experience, oh wellSpecial Features:
- what a disappointment..yhyhsDined on 7/25/2014We loved dining at the Bazaar during DineLA seasons, but this most recent experience was a total miss. Even the infamous philly/hilly cheesesteak starters were "off"... seemed a bit stale, even, which I'm sure wasn't the case since it was a very busy Friday night with multiple orders of these favorites moving out of the kitchen. We could not recall a single delightful item, and even the desserts were a disappointment. The service was very spotty. The restaurant was packed so I can understand that, but our dining experience took double the time it normally would have. Disappointing service, and even more disappointing food. Apparently they got a new head chef 7 months ago, which totally explains it! We are not a fan of Chef Holly..Special Features:
- TERRIBLE HOSTESSESDosManosDined on 7/25/2014Been here several times and this was the worst experience by FARSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedtaipeiloverDined on 7/25/2014This is a great spot for hanging out and grabbing a drink. I think the food plates (most of the signatures can be found via Yelp Reviews) are too salty, pricey and overrated. The server that attended our table was really nonchalant. It took him 20 minutes at least to get something for us. It's good for people watching and to be seen but I wouldn't be back.Special Features: