Tabla de Los Santos
210 Don Gaspar Avenue
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tabla de Los Santos
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tablasantafe.com/
- Phone: 5059926354x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Tuesday-Saturday 7:00am - 11.00am; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2.00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00PM Closed on Mondays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Tabla de Los Santos
At Tabla de Los Santos it is our mission to offer Contemporary American Cuisine of the highest quality with a focus on seasonal flavors. We strive to acquire organically grown ingredients for our creations including the freshest fruits and produce from local Santa Fe and New Mexican Farms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Tabla de Los Santos - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Tabla de Los Santos reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (33)fit for foodies (32)special occasion (25)romantic (23)neighborhood gem (15)great for lunch (10)good for groups (9)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Good, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Some interesting choices by the chef. IMO some worked, some didn't. Food is certainly fresh and presentation is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014With only one night in Santa Fe we wanted a special place to dine in. We found Tabla de Los Santos through Trip Advisor and made reservations for a Sat. night. We were not disappointed. The patio was lovely, the service excellent. We shared the cheese macaroni lollipops (fun and tasty) and the beet salad (very good). The lamb chops (2) were superb served with phyllo pocket filled with spinach, mushrooms, feta cheese which was out of this world. The New York steak done med. rare was perfect! Our server, Ben made this evening a wonderful experience. We ordered local wine to enjoy with our meal. This dining experience was far above expectation, superb food. We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Excellent food and atmosphereHungryReySooDined on 9/13/2014The Chef at Tabla de Los Santos must be a magical being. Our party of 3 ordered 3 completely different meals (vegetarian, chicken and salmon) & all were excellent. The indoor dining area is on the smaller side, but very comfortable. There is also an outdoor dining area, with thick adobe walls & a fountain. Service is leisurely and attentive, not to be confused with slow. You are not rushed, but you are not forgotten. If you wish to order the chocolate lava cake for dessert, it will take 25 minutes to prepare so order it with your meal. As with everything else in Santa Fe, it's more expensive. However the meal will be so delicious, you won't really care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice space, pleasant atmospherexnyrVIPDined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed our quiet meal at Tabla on a night that was very busy and congested in Santa Fe. This was a welcome oasis of calm. The service was good but not fully informed on the dishes. The salads were very good. The bread was excellent and came with superb garlic hummus. Also excellent veggies, pork, calamari, and wine list. But some dishes had too much cream, and the waitress did not know or didn't mention that the dishes contained lots of cream, nor did the menu mention it. When asked specifically, they accommodated dietary concerns, but you won't be able to tell what you are going to get from the menu description and without asking specifically. Portions are big, making the value good even though prices are high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- attentive staffroadrunnerDined on 8/31/2014The food was good, nothing spectacular but pretty good. The staff though was really wonderful. Our took the initiative to ask the chef if the grits could be made without dairy (I was going to just not eat the grits), and chef said yes. Little things like that can make a huge difference. A friend popped in for a quick chat, and she was treated well.Special Features:
- Great optionsterlisrDined on 8/31/2014Varied menu, great food, lovely courtyard. Not a tourist trap.Special Features:
- A pleasant Sunday BrunchTXBBCVIPDined on 8/31/2014We had a very enjoyable brunch on the patio. Arriving just as they opened the Brunch service, we were seated immediately and watched the place fill up inside of 30 minutes while we enjoyed coffee and some excellent muffins. The orange juice is freshly squeezed and our entrees were quite good. The blue corn pancakes were light and tasty; the steak with my steak and eggs arepas was lean, tender and flavorful. If the price hadn't been so reasonable. I would've guessed it to be beef tenderloin slices. Service was attentive and pleasant. A good value and located in the heart of the square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great anniversary dinner!perkydonnaDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I were delighted with our choice of restaurants for our anniversary dinner. After a disappointing meal the prior night at a Mexican restaurant in Santa Fe, we were totally satisfied with everything about this restaurant. Marvelous margaritas (with fantastic smoky salt on the rim), superb salads (the warm beet salad was superb), and excellent entrees. We ate inside and enjoyed the quiet atmosphere...hard to find in this day of NOISY restaurants. Highly recommend Tabla de Los Santos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable diningJerseygirlVIPDined on 8/20/2014We had dinner at Tabla de Los Santos and enjoyed the evening very much. The food was incredible, the Poutine Short Rib appetizer is a must! We also enjoyed the civiche. The entrees were fabulous also. Would definitely go again on a return trip to Santa Fe.Special Features:
- Great lunch all aroundchloe1VIPDined on 8/19/2014Just had lunch in the courtyard and the food was superb. I loved their Corn Chicken Chowder and for main course had the Southwest Mufuletta sandwich. It was at least 3 inches high with a wonderful Ciabatta bun and full of wonderful meats and cheeses. Very happy with the whole experience. I am going back there with friends this coming Sunday for Breakfast which is also very good.Special Features:
- Best Santa Fe Meal Ever!NmskiesDined on 8/17/2014I am a local and thought I would give Table de Los Santos a try this past Sunday night. I was amazed. This restaurant is a hidden gem and a closet Five Star restaurant. Very unassuming in many ways and well worth it. The food was beyond outstanding. We started with the appetizer and I had the halibut and my partner had the salmon. All three dishes were made to perfection and tasted out of this world. We enjoyed the Blackberry cobbler for dessert. I would put this Chef and his kitchen up against Bobbie Flay any day...the food was that good. I will be going back to my new favorite Santa Fe restaurant very soon!Special Features:
- Great in a city of great foodPasherriDined on 8/12/2014Tabla is friendly and unpretentious in spite of serving locally sourced and carefully prepared dishes. My filet was perfection, accompanied by very thin sliced gratin potatoes and spinach. My partner loved his rich poutine. We will be back.Special Features:
- Flies a problemletseatoutDined on 8/12/2014We dined alfresco which would have been fine but the flies were a problem. The service could have been better. The food was good. There were not that many people outside or inside as I recall and it was not a high traffic day so maybe they were just understaffed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- City Diffrent DiningTheLaPueblansDined on 8/9/2014Wonderful meal. Excellent service. To die for cocktails. Finally a Rob Roy (perfect) in Santa Fe worth drinking. The duck breast was sumptuous and the halibut as delicate as could be. My new "Go to eatery/drinkery" in the City Different.Special Features:
- Patio & bkfast vy nice; not serviceSoccerrefVIPDined on 8/6/2014The food was delicious; great red flannel corned beef has, Southwestern steak and eggs. We were fortunate to have the young brunette hostess take our order though we later had to deal with the older blonde server (manager?) who appears to be depressed and is quite unpleasant. She bizarrely gave us a hard time for asking to have a side order of extra pickled onions for the steak and eggs! We sent friends here the next day, she was their server, and overall they had a negative experience because of her bad attitude.Special Features:
- great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014great patio, relaxed, and great food. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Lovely DinnerRobkoDined on 7/18/2014The beet salad and the duck were both really good. The butternut squash raviolli was amazing, and to top it off, we had a wonderful waitress. She made our dining experience very pleasant. The only negative I found was the price; it seemed a little bit high. Overall we enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:
- Nice dinner experienceEnjoyedTheMealExperienceDined on 7/16/2014Our group of 6 dined at this restaurant on July 16. The food was very good and the food presentation was excellent. Each person ordered different dinners. The only concern expressed was with the tomato soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Outstanding all around! My husband and I had our anniversary dinner here - it was divine. Food exquisite, service excellent!Special Features:
- Wonderful SettingNotHard2PleaseVIPDined on 7/14/2014A very special restaurant in an historic hotel. Service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!!SchultzDined on 7/12/2014I had been searching for a restaurant while we were visiting Santa Fe. I must have read through a dozen different restaurants and their reviews always ending in disappointment. Then I found Tabla de Los Santos and very review was a rave... Well here's another one. We had a fabulous meal! Our server, Angela, was a delight and guided us to the best scallop we have ever eaten, a magnificent pork chop and a delightful duck breast. We had a nice chat with Mrs. Borden, the restaurant's co-owner and Chef Clay's wife. Next time we are in Santa Fe I will be tempted to stay at the St. Francis just so we can be closer to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real FindDorthiaDined on 7/12/2014We live in Santa Fe and I don't know why it took us so long to dine at Tabla. We will definitely return. Everything was outstanding--the food, the service, and the lovely patio. We ordered the salmon and the scallops. The presentation was beautiful and the taste was superb. For dessert, we had the warm blackberry cobbler which came with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Everything on the menu looked appetizing, and when we asked the waiter for his recommendations, he had a difficult time narrowing the list down. We can understand why.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little expensive but worth it.RadarDined on 7/11/2014Went for dinner with 3 friends and the whole dinner was great. The appetizer, Poutine, was great and worth the trip alone. We had Duck, Filet Mignon, Pork Chop and Chicken Breast, all were properly prepared and seasoned. Everybody in our group had to try each others entree and agreed it was great.Special Features:
- For the money?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014They were out of the wine that I asked for. Then they were out of sparkling water. My shrimp dish was too salty. Very ordinary cooking.
- Revitalized kitchenBernieVIPDined on 7/5/2014Excellent menu with creative and generous sides. Lamb chops w spinach pie and mashed potatoes were well presented and filling. Lamb could have been better sourced. Duck breast was excellent w grilled escarole. Nice attention to vegetables.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and serviceWaxmanDined on 6/29/2014Highly recommend. Large appetizers and unique. Poutine, mac&cheese lollipops, Empanada were fabulous. Butter lettuce salad was excellent. That's as far as we got. Next time only one app and try the entrees. They looked great tooSpecial Features:
- An Unexpected GemBrowner56VIPDined on 6/27/2014We did not know much about Tabla de Los Santos before booking a table for dinner recently, beyond what others had written in their reviews. In short, we were extremely impressed with all aspects of our meal. From the grilled shrimp and chile starter to our salads to our superbly prepared entrees of duck and a filet, everything we had was creative and perfectly executed. Further, the service was efficient, extremely personable, and quite knowledgeable--in fact, we ended up taking many of the waitress' recommendations, which worked out very well. The restaurant is located just a few blocks off of the Plaza, but it still felt like a intimate experience. This is a place that will be at the top of our list for our next visit to Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior in Every RespectNCOriolesFanDined on 6/22/2014We dined on June 22, 2014, our last night in Santa Fe. The restaurant was crowded for outdoor dining, but the interior dining room was very quiet and refined. Our server, Artie, was professional, charming, and available when we needed him ( ask for him if you want a great evening). Cocktails were generous, my wife especially liked her Irish Old Fashion. Artichoke soup and Beet Salad were good starters. Her filet Mignon was perfectly prepared and presented; my lamb chops were equally good. Located just off the old Plaza section of Santa Fe in a fine hotel, the restaurant and bar are a treat.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphereBizLunchVIPDined on 6/16/2014I held a business dinner at Tabla and it was an excellent choice. The ambiance and service were excellent and the food quality and presentation were fantastic. One of my colleagues commented that it's one of the best meals he's had in Santa Fe. There's nothing from the building exterior to really grab your attention but it's well worth venturing inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, quite goodTampaTravelerDined on 6/15/2014Overall, quite good. Offers a lovely courtyard with a fountain and a top notch menu with some organic entree choices. The wine list could use some work though. One person in our party noted their food was warm, not hot. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/15/2014We have been to this restaurant for dinner and it is 5 stars, however, brunch not so much. I had the French toast which was good, but the accompanying bacon was overcooked. My husband had the steak and eggs. Steak was undercooked,eggs were overcooked, but the flavor of the dish was good. We had asked that it not be served with the avocado due to an allergy, but there it was right on top. Which brings me to the service, which was not up to par. I believe the young waiter was new and he was nice but not experienced. This place has impeccable service in the evening so we were very dissapointed by the fact that we had to keep asking for things, including table service even after our meal arrived.Special Features:
- a bit disappointingfoodluverDined on 6/11/2014Only going to comment on the food because everything else was excellent. Calamari was outstanding as was the spread with the crackers so we were ready to love it all. The chicken was dry and the lamb chops were not the best (that's all my friends said so I can't give more detail). My filet was outstanding as was the trout that the fourth friend had. So the main courses were 50/50. The worst was the dessert---we had lackberry cobbler that tasted like the batter was made from a cake mix. The blackberries/ice cream were good but the batter was awful. Since that was the end of the meal, we all came away with the feeling that we wouldn't go back. I was very disappointed since I love the hotel and had heard great reviews on the restaurant.Special Features:
- New Chef owned restaurantSunRiseEagleVIPDined on 5/29/2014This new chef owned hotel restaurant is a hidden jewel in plain view. Everything we had from appetizer, entree to dessert was wonderful. It's our new favorite place for fine dining in Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stupendousfood4lifeVIPDined on 5/29/2014Awesome atmosphere, menu, service, and wonderful courses with great presentation. Great patio. Everything we tried on the menu was superb. The dining choices in Santa Fe are fantastic, and this is a place you don't want to miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 135 reviews are from the Tabla de Los Santos reviews archive.
- Didn't stick around to eatHungryVIPDined on 5/25/2014The menu looked great and a walk-by the day before looked very promising with its charming atmosphere. BUT, when we arrived for our reservation, the waiter seemed disinterested and asked if we "need something" when we approached the host stand. He moved some dishes around and sat us down. Our reservation was for 5, but he seated us at a table for 4. The waiter brought 4 glasses of water, one was full, the others were at varying levels of full, one only being halfway filled. When I reminded him it was for a table of 5, he hastily grabbed a chair from a nearby table and pushed it up to ours and said "good?" We were done at this point and went somewhere else. Too bad, the menu looks great and we were looking forward to eating here.
- Awesome experienceTheologDined on 5/13/2014We wanted to experience some of the local cuisine and we have to say that Tabla de Los Santos was amazing. We were in Santa Fe for five days, and we ate several of our meals here and we weren't disappointed in any of them. Our first meal was breakfast, and we found our waiter to be very friendly and attentive. The waitress we had during lunch was was equally so. It was wonderful to have meals that were masterfully prepared, AND servers who made you feel like family as well. We will definitely recommend Tabla de Los Santos to any of our friends traveling to Santa Fe, and we look forward to dining there on our next visit.Special Features:
- Food decent but not at a good temp.amyotravelDined on 5/11/2014The food came out fast so it's a little strange. Nothing was very hot. I ordered a cup of chowder to start and it was practically room temperature. The entree was not much warmer.Special Features:
- Great room excellent foodGreatDishesDined on 5/9/2014The dining room is very comfortable. The food was excellent. I asked the waiter to help me choose between the signature burger and the house burrito. Without hesitation he told me to try the house burrito. It was one of the most interesting burritos I have ever had. The ingredients were very fresh and the sauce was complex. I wish I had a place like this near my home.Special Features:
- great food, nice placeDrummerdocVIPDined on 4/29/2014This was our first meal here, but we'll be back when we visit Santa Fe again, which we do several times a year. The room itself is very pleasant, the service was very good but not too busy, and the food (filet mignon and sea scallops between us), was excellent. The wine list is limited, my only negative. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restaurant in Santa Fe1momo1Dined on 4/28/2014This was an exceptional restaurant with great service and even greater food. One of the best we have dined in on our 3,000 mile drive from Los Angeles. From appetizer, to salad, to entree....one dish was better than the last.Special Features: