Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Towson
825 Dulaney Valley Road, Ste 1157
Towson, MD 21204Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Towson
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneyriver.com/
- Phone: 4105835250x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Abraham Baida
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Towson
Stoney River is an upscale casual dining steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye’s or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Towson reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)romantic (32)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (16)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (14)neighborhood gem (12)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (5)hot spot (5)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- One year anniversary!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014I've been to this restaurant once before were my significant other and I really enjoyed the selections of steaks they provided. Really amazing steaks, let me say the coffee-cure filet mignon really hit home, delicious and the service was wonderful! Noise level was adaquate and the lemon drop mojitos are nothing to shy away from!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not DisappointedCATLADYDined on 8/10/2014Party of 4/2 of us had prime rib, one had the Legendary Filet & one had the Coffee-Rubbed Filet. All had appetizers including a Caesar salad, Spinach Dip, Shrimp Cocktail & Crab Cake. They must have been good, because all conversation stopped until appetizers were finished. I had the prime rib, which I get 95% of the time. I also asked for fresh grated horseradish on the side. While I am not a big beef eater, Stoney Creek's Prime Rib wins me over every time. My husband is hooked on the coffee-rubbed filet. Service was pleasant & attentive without being over-bearing. Manager visited our table to greet us & check on food and service. free valet parking is also a plus.Special Features:
- Quiet LunchColeDined on 8/1/2014Perfect location if you are looking to enjoy a quiet lunch away from the mall crowds. My husband and I both had the steak burger. It was extremely flavorful and cooked to our liking. The French fries were hot, crisp and salty...delicious. Our server was a bit too serious, almost expressionless. If you provide bread, don't ask if I want it, just deliver it and if me glass if my soda empty and I am half way through my meal, don't ask if I want a refill, just deliver that as well. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stoney RiverMsGeeDined on 7/28/2014Wow is all I can say. I had a lovely time me and my date. Well definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding celebration5waloweryDined on 7/26/2014Great service. Food was good. I was my niece wedding celebration and the server made it amazing!!!!!!Special Features:
- Great apps but not-so-great steakRare2eatoutDined on 7/18/2014The restaurant is beautiful and the blue cheese chips and tomato mozzarella salad were awesome! The steaks, however, were a little disappointing. My husband got the rib-eye and found it a little too salty for his taste. I got the 7 oz petit filet and, even though the center was pink, had trouble cutting through the crunchy outside. It tasted good but not sure it was worth the $32 I spent on it. I think, if we went back, next time I might try a different steak and see if it is any better. I have heard other people rave about this restaurant's food so maybe we just chose the wrong thing. Good service although our particular server was a quiet talker and it was hard to hear him over the music. But he was prompt with our orders.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Hunter was amazing! And we LOVED the seating right next to the fire place; very comfortable and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!!!BestBirthdayDinnerEverDined on 7/14/2014A friend recommended Stoney River and I'm glad I took her advice. The food was truly amazing!!!! I was concerned about filling up on the bread but it was too irresistible. And their cinnamon butter is to die for!!!! The prime rib was melt in your mouth delicious and cooked to perfection. I had the double baked potatoes and I've never had some yummy potatoes in my life. Nice and creamy and seasoned to perfection. A bit pricey but DEFINITELY worth the money!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food not cookednotcookedfoodDined on 7/12/2014i ordered a steak dinner well done. my husband dinner was fine. my dinner was cooked as i asked. well done. my dinner was sent back. i sat back and watch my husband it his dinner for about 15- 20 min. with nothing to eat. my steak came back out and was still rare inside. it was sent back. at this point its not fun to watch someone else eat. i was mad and upset. this was a special evening for us. our anniversay dinner. at first they said they would give me a desert. why would i eat that when i hadn't eat dinner yet. so we left and i hadn't eaten anything for dinner. don' t think i will be going back to there. didn't like how we were treated there. at the end the manager comes over and said he was taking my dinner off the check.Special Features:
- food was outstandingjeffDined on 7/4/2014Service amazing the only problem I had was some couple brought in a kid who would not shut up and wish they would of Sat them somewhere elseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Attentive StaffRjddDined on 6/28/2014Excellent service even during an extremely busy night. Food ( Coffee Cured Filet) was unreal,it's a must if your a steak lover. *Never experienced this before : While sipping my specialty Martini the waiter came over to exchange the martini glass for another ice cold one. WOW ! Nice Move..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodJasonMShapiroDined on 6/27/2014The service and food were below average and it took so long to get that when they served my steak barely seared I didn't even send it back since I had no confidence that it would come back quickly. The manger quickly took it off the bill but the damage was done.
- fantasticbuffetbandit11Dined on 6/25/2014Best option in the Towson mall by for. Food and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crying kids can ruin an eveningJoycelaDined on 6/23/2014This was an anniversary dinner. We had the table by the fireplace. It was 7 p.m. on a Monday evening so the restaurant was not crowded at all. We were warmly welcomed. And then...they seated a very large group with three small tots (one in an infant seat) right beside us. The infant cried and fussed the entire time we were there (well over an hour). The baby was belting it out. We love babies. But it really negatively impacted our evening. And this was not a cheap meal. Very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!GreatChoiceDined on 6/15/2014I was able to get the reservation I wanted for my dad and i on Father's Day. The only issue was when we arrived, we waited about 5 or so minutes but no one ever came to greet/seat us. I felt like the servers, bartender, runners and bus crew saw us standing there but no came over. I had to walk around the restaurant to find someone to seat us. After we sat down our waitress came right up to us. She was great, ver personable and quick. Since it was 9pm or so, changed the channel on the tv so my dad could watch Game 5 of the finals (that was a HUGE deal) so I definitely appreciated that. The steak was huge and delicious! The crab cake and salad were great as well. The portions were sized very nicely and the pricing was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerMrsBtobeDined on 6/15/2014We ate here for Father's Day and the food was amazing! My husband actually said the steak here was MORE flavorful than Ruth Chris! It was tender, succulent, and juicy. The Pecan trout had a little too many nuts, but was also a good dish. The mac n cheese was tasty too! Great evening!
- Great foodKrisDined on 6/15/2014The food was great! I took my dad here for Father's Day. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnOliviaDined on 6/15/2014The food was great, and the service was up to par with the food. It was a great spot for a Father's Day dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014While the dinner menu had something to offer a wide of palates, we found the appetizer offerings somewhat lacking. We were at Stoney River for a special occasion and our dining experience was wonderful. The staff was very attentive, but not overly so.Special Features:
- Quiet DiningjimboDined on 6/15/2014Pleasantly surprised...good food good service and the valet parking was a plus since we are seniors and avoided walking any distance to get there. A bit pricey in my opinion...the small lobster tail at $19 was overpriced...should have been offered at a lower price when adding to the filet. Overall we were pleased with everything. The background music was ok...not overbearingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tanagirlVIPDined on 6/14/2014got there at 6:15 on a Saturday night for a 6:30 reservation, seated right away but very slow and inefficient serviceSpecial Features:
- Good experienceBackache46Dined on 6/12/2014Took family for Father-n-laws Birthday. Food was great, service was good, and everyone had a great time. Everyone commented that they liked the décor as well. Brought my 4 year old son and staff was very accommodating. Price was what we expected for a nice steakhouse (and not as pricey as some of the other two high-end places in the area). They also serve other traditional American favorites, if you don't like steak.Special Features:
- Fair at bestMSFAVIPDined on 6/7/2014Service was very good and the glass of wine was a good serving. My NY Strip however was not worth the price. Very unlikely that I will return. The steak is not "legendary".
- I was very disappointed.ColumbiaDined on 5/30/2014I have eaten at Stoney River a number of times before, but not recently. I was very disappointed. The quality of the food was very different. I must say that the steak was very good, but the potatoes were dry and the preparation of the potatoes with caramelized onions was very different. Before it was smooth and something like potatoes and gravy. They were savory and wonderful. This time the potatoes were dry rather than creamy and had a clump of cooked onions perched on top. The drinks, which were a little pricey at $9.50 for a plain cocktail and $12.00 for specialty drinks, were very mediocre. Also, what was probably the most popular of their desserts, the chocolate ganache cake had been taken off the menu. I was totally disappointed.
- Great Graduation DinnerproudmamaDined on 5/23/2014We were at the restaurant celebrating our son's graduation from college. There was 7 of us and none of us had been to the restaurant before. Our food was great and our waiter was top-notch. I was very pleased with the experience.Special Features:
- Hats off to customer serviceeatmoreatBmoreDined on 5/21/2014First, let me start off by saying the food and cocktails were great, 4 out of 5 easy! Table for 5 and only 1 had a questionable meal; the shrimp were a bit on the small side. But it was all good. I had a the small portion prime rib...excellent! My kudos goes to the reservation desk. We were driving in from out of state, had to pick our daughter up from the airport and be in Towson for dinner with 5:30 reservations. Our son was also meeting us there. Needless to say, with a slight flight delay and traffic we arrived an hour late. I had called to say we would be a bit late, and the staff were so accommodating. Our son arrived on-time. The seated him at our table and allowed him to wait for us to show. Many thanks Stoney River!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemimpressedDined on 5/18/2014First time visiting stoney river and was pleasantly surprised !! Service and meal was top shelf. Our servers was well adapt with the menu and wine list. Would Definitely Revisit And Recommend Family & friends to do the same. ...Keep up the good work !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceSteakloverDined on 5/17/2014My experience at Stoney River was awesome! The food was excellent! Everyone in my group loved their choice. My 4 year old came with us and he even found food he loved! Also, the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but a little disappointedHMMMDined on 5/11/2014Well at first I was excited that I got a same day reservations and on top of that I reserved a time a few hours away on Mother's Day so that was a pleasant surprised. Here's where my disappointment came in upon arrival and walking up to the hostess three young ladies were standing there having a conversation there was no immediate greeting I've worked in Customer Service /Relations and off the back that left a sour taste in my mouth. Also gave my name and reservation time one young lady stated ok give us a few minutes a few minutes turned into 15 minutes then I had gone back up to the hostess to check the status she gave me the same reply give her a few minutes, overall service and the food was good but the front house needs improvement.Special Features:
- Great ServiceMsMiaelDined on 5/11/2014My experience at Stoney River was awesometastic! My server Hunter was the best waiter I have had in a very long time. I was sold on the customer service, and the food was just as remarkable as the service. My steak was cook just the way I asked for it and i enjoyed every bite. However, the mashed potatoes with caramelized onions stole the show they were to die for. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- First VisitFoodies25Dined on 5/11/2014Our first visit was on Mother's Day so we did factor in the holiday and how busy it would be. The food took a really long time to come out of the kitchen but it was worth the wait. The coffee-cured filet was delicious and should be tried. Lobster bisque soup was a tad on the spicy side but tasty. Sides for entrees are very delicious especially the Augratin potatoes. Mini rolls and honey flavored butter are the best. Server was nice and attentive. We would come back and dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too expensive for what you getJoeyDined on 5/11/2014Went here when it initially opened, and food was very good like a high end steak house. However this last visit the food was Chili's quality with the Prime Rib prices. I have no problem with an expensive dinner, but I expect Prime Rib/Capital Grille quality when I'm paying for it.
- Good Food When it ArrivedMobileRestReviewDined on 5/11/2014The waiter was good, but the kitchen made mistake after mistake which meant we didn't get our main course for well over an hour and then the steak I ordered wasn't what showed up. All together over 2hrs. Too long for our kids to sit. When all the right food was there it was very good and...the manager picked up the tab.Special Features:
- Excellent!!Med120Dined on 5/11/2014The food is great & worth the value! I love this place. I'd recommend this restaurant to all my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty badStoneyRiver1Dined on 5/11/2014Bad food bad service. I will never be back again. What a bad Mother's Day experience.Special Features:
- Suggestion.MothersdayDined on 5/11/2014We like the restaurant for the food, usually the service and the location. This time was very good, but... We were disappointed for the place to seat. It was our choice, but I did not like it at all. It was uncomfortable. Check my note to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Our experience at your restaurant for a Mother's Celebration was excellent and the food and service was fantastic! It was our first time there since were are from out of town but needed a place to meet up with our college daughter. The only downfall I would pass on was the cost. It was extremely pricey. I don't know the last time we spent that much on a meal for our family of 5!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IllnessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014I had the Steak Medalions and got VERY, VERY ill at 1am in the morning.Special Features:
- Don't be latelives2eatDined on 5/9/2014We were on time but the rest of our party was not, so we were punished by having to wait in some uncomfortable seating without drinks or anything else. That set a bad tone for me for the rest of the evening. After a bit of a hike through the parking garage, we certainly would have appreciated at least the offer of water! The food was tasty and portions were generous. The service, once we were seated was good.
- Fabulous Food!busymomDined on 5/4/2014Went for a Birthday lunch for my daughter. She's been asking to go for a year! So sad we waited so long! Steaks and burgers were perfect! Service was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.