Square One Brewery & Distillery
1727 Park Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63104Neighborhood:
Soulard / Benton Park
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Square One Brewery & Distillery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.squareonebrewery.com/
- Phone: 3142312537x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday ~ Kitchen: 11am-10pm, bar open until 1:30am.
Friday-Saturday ~ Kitchen: 11am-11pm, Light Night Menu until midnight, Bar open until 1:30am.
Sunday ~ Kitchen: 10am-9pm, Brunch served 10am-2pm, Bar open until Midnight.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Cantor & Demetrius Rivers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We want to work with you to create the perfect catered event. You can relax and be confident that your guests or business associates will have great fresh food delivered on time and we will work with you to stay within your budget but still offer something that you will be proud to serve.
- Private Party Facilities: Look to Square One for you next party event. We have a separate party room with a private deck overlooking our courtyard. It is our goal to create your party your way and our options are endless. We can provide an elegant sit down dinner or a wide variety of choices for an appetizer buffet. Our dining room holds 48 people for a sit down dinner or up to 60 for a cocktail appetizer party.
- Private Party Contact: Cassandra Ronning 3142312537x
A word from Square One Brewery & Distillery
We are committed to our guests with an obsession for unique brews and spirits, and a passion for good food. The setting is a restored historic building with large outdoor beer garden making our restaurant a one of a kind dining destination. Our menu is large and varied with each dish having a special twist to make it our own. Our on site brewery provides up to 12 beers on tap including ales, pilsners, imperials, cask conditioned ales and seasonal beers. As St. Louis' first micro-distillery we ferment and distill rum and vodka (both straight and with spices and all natural botanicals) gin, and some very tasty liqueurs to be tasted in our Spirits Flight or mixed into your favorite cocktails. We have a full service bar and an excellent wine list all available by the glass or bottle. Square One Brewery and Distillery is a fun relaxed place and a great way to indulge in all the aspects of a fine dinging experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Square One Brewery & Distillery - Best Restaurants in Soulard / Benton Park ›
Square One Brewery & Distillery reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (47)neighborhood gem (38)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (27)great for lunch (26)vibrant bar scene (19)great for brunch (18)hot spot (18)kid-friendly (15)special occasion (13)late-night find (11)romantic (10)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful server who was attentive and helpful. Our table was placed next to a large table of slightly over served (not by the resturantes but from a previous party) group of college students who were loud, obnoxious and screaming profanities. The manager was immediately notified by our server without us needing to say anything (mind you we had a one year old with us). The manager stayed in close contact with the table to keep the noise level down and gave us a discount on our meal for the inconvenience. Everyone working their was extremely apologetic with lended to an overall wonderful evening! The food was amazing! I ordered the chicken as recommended by my server and ate every last thing on my plate.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The service was very slow and when our meal finally came, one member of our party's meal was completely forgotten, and then finally came up when the rest of the party was finishing. They did comp her meal. The beer battered chicken was very bland and greasy and the celery sticks were soft and going bad. The charming patio was the best part of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceJeniferGDined on 10/12/2014Square One has a large beer choice and a nice atmosphere. The server was attentive even though busy. The food is pretty good. The pot roast was outstanding, the Cuban pork was very good. The Weisen chicken was good but the Rueben sandwich was lacking. It was Sunday night and they had a nice crowd but it wasn't too loud, it was easy to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Also a great go-to placeKLHSDined on 10/11/2014Come here frequently and love the food, the drink, and the servers! Always a good time!Special Features:
- LashVIPDined on 10/5/2014See my last review. Still best Sunday brunch in St. louis! And regular lunch and diner are just as good. Very pleasant patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time Yet AgainOnADateVIPDined on 9/28/2014Food was good, service was excellent. The patio is perfect, really enjoy eating out there. Will definitely return. Oh yeah, and the seasonal beer selection was very good!Special Features:
- Great, great, greatSharonDined on 9/26/2014First visit here. The historic old building and outdoor dining were gorgeous. The waiter was very attentive and helpful in picking out a beer. And the micro brews and food were very good. My husband and I travel often and usually try to find a micro brewery to visit. Quite often the beers are only OK. We were delighted to find that all three of the brews that we tried at Square One were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best St.Louis BrunchLashVIPDined on 9/21/2014This place has to have the best Sunday brunch in St.Louis. It has a good variety of items available. If you can't find it on their menu, then you probably don't need it. And it always prepared to perfection and served promptly by a great wait staff. SOB covers the gambit from crab & salmon benedict to regular eggs, bacon,sausage,ham to great blueberry pancakes. Then there's their great variety of omelets. You just can't go wrong with any item on the menu! And to wash it all down-try their bloody mary's, beermosa's or a variety of similar drinks. After your meal, stop in the bar and try any of their great craft beer's or spirits. Always a friendly crowd here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor, marginal food.Jim79Dined on 9/19/2014I ordered the special which was a seafood pasta. While it was good it had very little seafood in it. The dessert was good as was the ambiance on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful placesheldonDined on 9/13/2014We had an amazing server and fantastic food and drink! We went back the next day it was so good. Some of the best beer in STL and one of the best outdoor eating areas I have ever seen. Well with a visit if you are ever close bySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful bargainBeermosamanDined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed brunch outdoors on the attractive patio with good food and cheery service at a great price. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Our table was waiting for us. We had a group of 7. Waiter, Kevin, was superb. Very informative & efficient. Food was excellent.
- Consistant great foodLashVIPDined on 8/24/2014Consistently serving delicious food, along with the best mixed drinks and cold beer(their own micro brewed). All done with a wait staff that know what they are doing and always a friendly smile. Their Sunday brunch can't be beat . Good variety on the menu and it's all good! We don't miss too many Sunday brunches, with friends. Really good patio here too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I liked the bar area - the bartenders were friendly and helpful in explaining brews. The staff was polite and attentive. The dining room area was VERY noisy. Noise baffles are on the ceiling, but they did not help with the noise level. We dined at 7:30p on a Saturday night - we were expecting mostly an adult crowd, but the dining room was filled with families, with young children, which contributed to the noise factor. The food was good and the beers were good. I will give it another try - however, I will plan to arrive later to avoid children. (P.S. I had young children once too and understand you still want a nice place to dine. However, when you go out on a Saturday night, you hope to be able to have a conversation.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a nice pre-concert stopMOSkiDined on 8/17/2014The beer was good, the food was greasy and the outdoor patio was very nice. I wouldn't go out of my way to get here again but it was a nice csual dining sppot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2-times not the charmTrishandMattDined on 8/17/2014The first visit, we were not too happy with the food. I am always looking for a good Rueben and had to order it. Definitely would not order it again. There was so much fat on the sandwich that I had to pull it a part to eat it. The scotch egg was overcooked and dry. Our other guests did not have anything great to say about their meals either. The restaurant does have a nice outdoor patio and the menu has a lot of options, so we thought we would try it again for brunch. Service was fine, food again was not impressive. My husband and I both thought we would have made a better breakfast at home. My husband loves craft beer, and Square One has a great selection. We may be back for the beer, but won't make a point to go there for a meal.
- a Real St. Louis GemdiningveteranDined on 8/16/2014This is a real gem. I was visiting from out of town and wanted to try some local microbrews. After a few online searches my wife foung Squire One. Everything we saw told us this was the place to be. We arrived to find the place to have a real local hangout vibe. The main dinning room has fewer then 20 tables! All the staff were super frendly and willing to spend a few secounds answering our questions. Every thing we ate was super tasty. My ruban was the best I have ever tasted. The beer list was extensive. Unfortunally I did not try the in house spirits but most peaple around us had bottle on thier tables. My wife is already planning a return trip to STL just to eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food- reasonably pricedlipserviceDined on 8/16/2014We were totally overwhelmed by how great our meal was at Square One. We ordered a lot of appetizers and they were all fantastic! The trio of dips, the pub chips, the pretzels snd the wings were all way above average! Our group loved the chili, the ribs, the pulled pork sandwich, the grown up grilled cheese and the chicken sandwich! Can't wait to go back... Soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ran out of pot roastOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/8/2014My wife took me here specifically so she could get the pot roast but they were out of it, so that kind of soured our mood. She got chicken and I got a Bratwurst burger. They were both ok. The drink menu was big and had lots of original creations, so if you're an adventurous drinker then this is your place. They had a kids menu so maybe next time we'll bring the kids, but for sure we'll call to make sure they're not out of the pot roast. We ate outside, which was nice. Service was good and waitress was knowledgeable of the menu.Special Features:
- Great food and spiritslawhawkDined on 8/4/2014While we didn't try any of the house-made brews, we did try several of the distillery's options with our dinner, and they were excellent. The food was very good and the patio area is perfect for a lazy summer evening dinner, or anytime.Special Features:
- Always goodhowarc1Dined on 8/4/2014My second time here.just as good as I remembered. Great soups, salads, and apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LashVIPDined on 8/3/2014Everything about this place was great, as always. Have always had delicious food here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not for large groups WITH KIDSOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014We had a party of 12 (4 of which were children ages 2 - 10) While the children were good..... the food wait time exhausted their patience. 30 mins for 4 kids meals - 40 minutes from placing the order to table for remaining ADULT orders. I take responsibility for having chosen to bring a group which included 4 kids. SQUARE ONE IS A GREAT PLACE WITH WONDERFUL ATMOSPHERE AND GREAT FOOD. People come there to relax and enjoy a comfortable atmosphere. Adults with 1 or 2 children would be fine. 8 adults with 4 children too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LashVIPDined on 7/27/2014Great as always!! Food is always prepared as ordered. Best seafood omelet I've ever found. Really good Bloody Mary's to go with brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OnaDateDined on 7/25/2014We only had drinks because we were on a first date. Even though we did not eat, the food looked amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply delightful.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2014I have gone to this restaurant for over 5 years and have never been disappointed in the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LashVIPDined on 7/20/2014Everything about this place is just great. All food, drinks, beer, service & atmosphere is just the best. And the patio is so relaxing (and usually filled).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nite out -- outsideKLHSDined on 7/15/2014great food --- fabulous service -- enjoyed our evening!Special Features:
- Must Be Kid FriendlyOnADateVIPDined on 7/14/2014For a micro-brewery I was SHOCKED at the amount of children there. Let me first just say, kids don't bother me. Misbehaved kids do, however. Now, I know the restaurant has NO CONTROL over who brings their kids and what type of parents eat at their restaurant, but whoa. We sat on the patio, like we have several times. It's great. Service was very prompt and our waitress was very friendly and attentive - a welcomed change to the last time we dined here. Food was great as it was before too and for that reason and because the place is just cool and the beer is good I'll definitely return. The kids with their parents that didn't care what they did made it a little less enjoyable. Maybe next time we'll look to see where the children are then sit.Special Features:
- We always leave impressedToniDined on 7/13/2014This has really become our favorite restaurant. My boyfriend and I started coming here about 2 years ago and always think about the food for days after we visit. The service is friendly, knowledgeable and just all around good people to be around. The ambiance is beautiful. I really can't say enough about how awesome this place is. We went for brunch the other day for my boyfriend's birthday, which we had never experienced, and again everything was delicious. The Bavarian Weizen Chicken and Pot Roast is always a favorite of ours as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LashVIPDined on 7/13/2014Consistant great Sunday brunch. something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but LOUDChefbertieDined on 7/12/2014The food was good and hot. Beer was tasty. Our waitress was good but she had indoors and patio. it was loud! We had to shout to hear each other. That's what would keep me away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Square OnebkbabbDined on 7/11/2014We went because it looked interesting on the webpage and to buy our son-in-law a bottle of scotch. Food was good. Loved being able to see barrels through floor of dining room. Quaint neighborhood. Found out later a friend from church goes there regularly too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicebellyDined on 7/5/2014The food was good as usual, but our server was great at recommending beverage pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LashVIPDined on 6/29/2014Square one consistently serves great food and drinks/beer. The service is just as good.. Their Sunday Brunch is the best! Would recommend any item on the menu, as I have tried most all of them. Bartender makes a killer Bloody Mary. And, being a micro brewery, they have some of the best beer, bar none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 337 reviews are from the Square One Brewery & Distillery reviews archive.
- Disappointing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014The menu looked great, but we were disappointed. Overcooked meat and veggies, and underwhelming sandwiches. Great drinks and dessert. If their food gets to the level of their beer it will be a perfect place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchDivaDinerDined on 6/15/2014Service issues and lack of preparedness for Father's Day. Ran out of Scotch eggs ( which we waited on for 15 min. before being told), pancake batter, cinnamon rolls. Food was good but I would not go on a holiday brunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food- not great serviceFathersdayDined on 6/15/2014Server must have been new because we waited forever for food. When the food arrived, it was wrong. She tried to convince me that what I ordered was correct when it was clearly written different on the menu. Father's Day was not exactly enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, bad service, cool placeOnADateVIPDined on 6/9/2014I ate dinner here several years ago but hadn't been here to eat since. My girlfriend and I came to Square One a couple weeks back to have some beers and sit on the patio. The patio is awesome. We said we had to come back to try the food because the menu looked awesome. We decided to come here with some family that was visiting, again sat on the patio but this time in the covered area due to rain. Still a great patio even when covered. We ordered some apps, salads and soups to have before our meal. The service was EXTREMELY slow. Our apps didn't come out for quite some time. When it (the goat cheese spinach dip) finally did, it was cold. We asked to have it reheated. Once we got past that, dinner was fantastic, food was delicious.Special Features:
- beautiful outdoor seatingAlanDined on 6/6/2014Excellent outdoor! Inside seating is very average, which offsets the average score.Special Features: