solita Tacos & Margaritas
7631 Edinger Avenue, Suite 1508
Huntington Beach, CA 92647Neighborhood:
Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
solita Tacos & Margaritas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.solitatacos.com/
- Phone: 7148942792
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Deborah Schneider
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: solita is pleased to offer private and semi-private event spaces on our patio and inside dining area. We can accommodate groups of any size, from an intimate party to a full buyout, with reasonably priced and fully customizable menus. Our expert, friendly staff will help you plan your family event, rehearsal dinner, corporate event or get-together of any description. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Entertainment: At this time we do not have live entertainment but, be sure to check back often as we plan to have it in the near future.
A word from solita Tacos & Margaritas
solita is a simple, sophisticated neighborhood restaurant built around a custom wood grill, inspired by the best of our travels through Baja California and Mexico. solita’s Mexico is fresh and delicious, simple and light. It’s made from scratch, often carrying a smoky flavor from the wood or charcoal grill, full of flavor from fresh salsas, corn tortillas, limes, dry and fresh chiles, crushed herbs, fruit and spices, mole sauces and cheeses… solita brings the fun and authentic flavors of street food to the American table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
solita Tacos & Margaritas - Best Restaurants in Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley ›
solita Tacos & Margaritas reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (49)great for lunch (33)neighborhood gem (32)good for groups (30)hot spot (26)fit for foodies (25)vibrant bar scene (18)special occasion (14)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (7)great for brunch (7)romantic (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Incomplete lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014while eating lunch, I realized that I never received my two sides that were suppose to go with my meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeVIP1000dinesVIPDined on 9/13/2014Great! The menu has 3 different homemade salsas, 12 kinds of tacos, guacamole, and various side dishes. We wanted to order the grilled corn, but did not have room after the taco sampler. Looked amazing! This is a very large restaurant in a large mall, Bella Terra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!LittlemrsaubreyDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I have been here twice. Once for brunch and once for dinner. Both times, the food and drinks have been exceptional. The salsa is the best!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUSluvwineanddineDined on 8/31/2014This was our first time dining at Solita, but definitely not our last! The roasted corn (elote) is to die for! The guava margarita hit the spot, homemade chips were unparalleled, so crispy and not the least bit greasy. The tacos and fajitas were simply amazing! A wonderful twist on Mexican food.Special Features:
- Delicious and fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014We took our family of 4 here for dinner (made a reservation a week in advance as we have been wanting to try it). They are very accomodating to kids as well as adults. Able to make some slight modifications on the kids menu to appeal to our picky eaters!Special Features:
- Solita is great!dcook99Dined on 8/23/2014Solita is incredible all around. The food is authentic and we'll prepared and their staff does a great job. Their elote and queso dip are great starters and their adult sundae with churros is a tasty desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- njoygdfdDined on 8/10/2014Brought a friend and said that she'd return because of the food, service and location! I love love love Solita. Just as my friend said the food, service and location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen and food need helpEclecticDinerVIPDined on 8/10/2014We had burned chicken and horrible tasting taquitos. The manager did come over to see the black burned coconut chicken and took it off our bill. the margaritas tasted like medicine and all in all the food was terrible…inedible. The server was very nice and apologetic. We won't be back.
- Great food great servicethefoodpusherDined on 8/9/2014You need to go back many times so you can try everything on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experiencenocookingformeDined on 8/3/2014Came here with my husband a couple nights ago. Very pleased with the service and quality of food. Would definitely recommend it as a good spot for tacos and margaritas.Special Features:
- Tried Twice & here is conclusionMonikaVIPDined on 8/3/2014Food is decent. Like the tacos options they have. But nothing AMAZING so far! We have tried the 4 taco plate and chicken Fajita. Just ok. Complimentary Chips and Salsa is good. I just hope the oil was not dripping off most of the chips i got. Both the times I've been here: service is a lil slow. I mean the servers are there chitchatting with each other (not with the guests) and usually forget to ask / check if need water/ salsa/ chips or need to order something else If you are getting a drink on the rocks, they will charge you $1 extra (not sure but may be for ice)?!? I might try again, some other food and the great outdoor seating + they are really close to my place.Special Features:
- BD Family GatheringAlicePixieDined on 8/2/2014I made reservations for eight people. I stress, this was a family gathering. We had a two year old up to 75 year old. As family arrived, we asked for another table because our group grew to 11. The staff was very accommodating. Solita's staff, thank you for making my birthday dinner stress free and enjoyable. Hope to visit again before the end of summer.Special Features:
- Noise Level on Friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/1/2014I'm not certain if it was just the night we were there, but our party of 6 was seated in a corner close to the door, and we still found the noise level to be disruptive. I thought the service and food were both excellent, and the ambiance would have been as well, except for the fact that we had difficulty conversing because of the noise.Special Features:
- 3rd VisitScotay72Dined on 8/1/2014The first couple of times we visited the restaurant, it was on a weekday evening. The service was more attentive and the food arrived hot. The noise level was much less, also. On this occasion, we had a group of eight and it was a Friday evening. Despite our reservation, we had to wait approximately 15 minutes before we cold be seated. The food, while tasty, was not as hot as we would have liked. The server seemed somewhat overwhelmed by the size of our party. The noise level was also high which made it difficult to converse with some members of our party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurtDined on 7/26/2014Nothing special but decent. Menu is too limited. Ambiance is fine for what the restaurant is.Special Features:
- skip it!SKHBDined on 7/18/2014My first experience at Solita was average....I ordered tacos but didn't care for them. I'm not a fan of street tacos, so decided to give it another try. Second experience was worse. Ordered a burrito with rice. Food was cold and tasteless...barely average, at best. Definately over priced. Margarita tasted like soap. The best thing about the place is the chips and salsa and sitting on the patio makes you feel like your not in a mall. Maybe a good place for a beer and chips...but don't plan on eating there.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedLuv2eatoutVIPDined on 7/17/2014I had heard great reviews and was disappointed with the food. Everything was very salty. Not much else to say except I probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Street Tacos!!passportreadyDined on 7/12/2014A group of six enjoyed a patio table with roasted corn appetizer, margaritas and street tacos. It was very nice to be able to reserve a table. Very good service. I even noticed the manager pitching in, when needed,....a sign of a good restaurant, in my book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait timeAllenDined on 7/10/2014Only 1 negative I could realy say about my families experience at the even with a 8 o'clock reservation we were seated after 8:30 service was good, but food was slow coming out of the kitchen it became a late night with out dessert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about the tacos...jendiazDined on 7/3/2014The various taco meats were so flavorful! The chorizo, bacon and sweet potato taco was awesome and the carnitas were so tender and flavorful. I ordered the grilled elote as a side. It was delicious - with the carmelized corn kernels and chipotle cream drizzled on it. Finally, the homemade churros with the melted mexican chocolate sauce was the perfect dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too noisyblahblahDined on 7/2/2014If you'd like to have dinner and drinks with a friend, be prepared to yell in order to be heard. Service was slow. Food was good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Not going back.. Got seated at the worst table but we were able to move to the patio which was nice. Other diners ate and left and our food took 45 minutes and came out wrong.. Waitress was not quick to get the right order to us. My husband finished his dinner and we still did not have ours. Had to ask for a manger to get the order completed. He was nice and apologized and gave us a comp on the meal and a free drink for all of us. I know he tried to make it right but really we were over this place by then. The food was OK.. Not great so it did not make up for the poor service or the overall experience..
- New ExperienceScotay72Dined on 6/20/2014Refreshingly new restaurant serving good tasting food at reasonable prices. The happy hour margaritas were inexpensive and very tasty. The staff was upbeat and very helpful and eager to explain the appealing items on their menu. Will definitely give it another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thought it was going to be awesome!SBdiner2002Dined on 6/19/2014...and then the food came. Great ambiance, vibe, and the service is outstanding. But the food was sub par. Honestly. Sorry but true.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CatMomVIPDined on 6/18/2014The food is creative and delicious; the staff is outstanding.
- You can't lose!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/18/2014Great neighborhood place, popular, great service and the food is delish!!!Special Features:
- Fun atmosphere and diningCriticVIPDined on 6/14/2014This is a lively restaurant with good margharita and excellent carnitas tacos. The elote corn is wonderful. The staff was very helpful, but they seemed stretched a little far with the amount of tables they had to cover. I will give the restaurant another try. Reservations recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014Food was good, but not anything extra special. It was a bit of a drive from our home and parking wasn't great. Not sure that it is worth a return trip for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slowwwww serviceDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 6/14/2014This was our second time here and there might not be a third. The service was soooo slow. we ordered appetizers and had to wait quite awhile for them to come out and after we finished them we still had to wait to even order the entree. I had ordered soda which on a warm day I finished quickly, no one came to refill my glass, after awhile I finally had to ask for a refill and then still did not get it, after finally getting and finishing the entree I asked again for a refill and just before we were ready to leave the refill finally arrived. The food was not as good this visit and I don't think I want to invest in another visit when there are so many great restaurants nearby.Special Features:
- unbelievable food!!!!SueEllenDined on 6/9/2014When going out for a "nice" dinner Mexican isn't usually my first choice. A friend who is obsessed with this restaurant made me go with her for a drink & app to check it out. I was blown away by the ambiance and all I tasted that night was the ceviche. It is the best I've ever had and we own a home in Mexico! I took a group of friends there last week for a birthday dinner. The décor is beautiful enough for a celebratory dinner and the service was first class. I had noticed previously that the portions were large so the 4 of us shared the ceviche, one entrée, and one (unbelievable) entrée salad. We still had leftovers! I am only sorry that it has caught on and is hard to get a table on weekends.Special Features:
- delicious tacos!CorbieresVIPDined on 5/31/2014Really delicious tacos and that corn! As the host said, the corn is the best thing on the menu and it's the least expensive - love that! Service was really outstanding, waitstaff made you feel like they truly wanted you to have a great time. Slicing the kernels off the cob for us was a nice touch. Even the water/fresh chips/salsa guy was like a friend. The kids menu is well thought out and fairly priced. It's not an intimate dinner kind of place - think fun and festive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic and deliciousx1xqVIPDined on 5/30/2014In a city mostly known for its In-And-Out Burger it was a pleasant surprise to find this Huntington Beach restaurant and bar with a vibrant atmosphere and excellent food. The music was loud, the place was crowded, the clientele were smartly dressed, polite and having a good time. We were seated promptly at our reservation time. The food was expertly prepared, very fresh and flavorful. More of a bar with a fine kitchen, probably not a place for children. We are returning to further explore the excellent menu and mingle with the energetic crowd.I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome foodgoldleaf2Dined on 5/30/2014I love this place there not expensive and the fish tacos are the best I have ever had its definitely a must go and trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOliviaDVIPDined on 5/26/2014Have been to this restaurant 3 times..lunch dinner and in between...although it appears to have a hip environment that is where is begins and ends. The Mexican food is so so...the waiters a little too laid back and the noise level way to high to enjoy a conversation. We ordered a guacamole appetizer and it took forever to arrive, was only enough for 1 or 2 people and not spicy at all.Special Features:
- The following 58 reviews are from the solita Tacos & Margaritas reviews archive.
- Great Food - Drinks - AmbiancePattyLynnDined on 5/23/2014One of my new favorite restaurants. Great location, food is amazing & margaritas, truly superb!Special Features:
- ExcellentoutandaboutVIPDined on 5/17/2014We had a great experience at Solita. The food was incredible, especially the corn elote, the carnitas dish and the street tacos. We also enjoyed our drinks, El Hombre and the watermelon special rink. We definitely are returning as it is a fantastic neighborhood spot.Special Features:
- hbfanDined on 5/15/2014Friendly, helpful staff on both visits. Interesting menu--still want to try more. The El Hombre margarita was great. Reasonable portion sizes. Not a big fan of sitting at bar height tables, but at least the stools had good foot rests. Unless you want to use the valet, plan to park in the structure as the surface parking is packed.Special Features:
- Great Mexican FoodSynHBDined on 5/12/2014The food and service was wonderful. My only complaint was my family of 5 was sat at a 4 top and it was tight quarters for us, but everything else was great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLuv2dineoftenDined on 5/10/2014We made reservations for my daughter's birthday. We were seated next to the door which every time it was opened, a gust of wind would blow everything from menus to our hair. Although the staff put up a sign designating to use the other door, no one payed attention to it. We asked to change tables but because it was busy, they were not able to accommodate us. This area is best suited for a waiting area not dining. The food was OK at best as was the service. None of us will ever go back.Special Features:
- A nice surpriseDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 5/10/2014Solita Tacos was an unexpected find at Bella Terra shopping center. It was just right for what we were looking for. The food was delicious especially the grilled corn, I could have made a meal just on that. The Huevos Rancheros was good just too small a portion for all that goodness. I want to go back and try the tacos. The complimentary chips and salsa were very good too. If I had to find any negatives it would be that the service was a bit on the slow side and our water glasses were empty and never refilled. But thats not a deal breaker and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.