Siena Tuscan Steakhouse - Ambassador Hotel
104 S. Broadway
Wichita, KS 67202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Siena Tuscan Steakhouse - Ambassador Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ambassadorhotelcollection.com/wichita/cuisine-en.html
- Phone: 3162397100
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday:6:00am -11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Marshall Roth
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer banquet rooms from 12 to 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Sales Department 3162397100
A word from Siena Tuscan Steakhouse - Ambassador Hotel
Inside the beautiful Ambassador Hotel, located in downtown Wichita is our upscale, Italian-style steakhouse. Our CIA graduate, Chef Roth, prepares the exquisite dishes from the finest ingredients, several which are locally grown. We offer an ambiance that will make you forget you are in Kansas. And while you are here, please stay the night, and see our gorgeous hotel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Siena Tuscan Steakhouse - Ambassador Hotel - Best Restaurants in Wichita ›
Siena Tuscan Steakhouse - Ambassador Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (16)romantic (9)fit for foodies (8)notable wine list (6)good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Best in WichitaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014We have eaten at top restaurants around the world and all of them in Wichita. We went for special occasion dinner for two. The restaurant was slow and quiet on a Saturday night. We chose what we would like to order, then inquired about the chefs tasting menu. The sous chef came out and suggested 5 items off of the menu. This included the entrees we were going to order, so we picked the 5 course meal. The food was very good, not great. Better than anything else in Wichita, which is basically high end steak and some seafood. Our waitstaff was very kind and attentive. The price was appropriate for the level of food we received. $200 with tip excluding wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over rated and over pricedBusinessDined on 9/9/2014The $50 plus rib eye was far from the good quality you get at Scotch and Sirlion, Herdford House or Chesters. The only thing this place has going for it is that there is plenty of seats availble for a busines dinner on a tuesday night. Now I know why there are seats available. $650 spent and I will not return.
- room for improvementWichitaNativeDined on 8/23/2014The food was quite good while the atmosphere was quiet and relaxing, a nice place for a one-on-one conversation celebrating a special occasion. The place looks freshly renovated in modern design but maintains its character from the past. My only knock was for that price point the wait staff needs to up their game. Our waitress was friendly enough, but wasn't knowledgeable of the menu items and didn't exude much professionalism. It was as if they hoarded one of the watering holes in old town for wait staff or something. I'm all for being laidback, but not when I'm paying those prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weeknight DinnerAGoodTimesDined on 8/20/2014Four of us dined before a Wednesday night show at the Orpheum. Location was perfect, and we had plenty of time for drinks, apps, and dinner before the show.Special Features:
- Great Spot for Special DinnersictdinerDined on 7/13/2014Sienna is a great place for a special dinner. The staff always treats you like a special guest, not just one of many. The food is great and so is the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Romantic dinnerRaleigh2VIPDined on 7/3/2014Very nice place to dine, friendly staff. Excellent food with the wine pairing! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurantJenSnewtonDined on 6/28/2014Hope Wichita which is notorious for not supporting fine dining can keep this place up & running. Golden beet salad was superb, special of ea-infused pork chop delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining where u might not lookMakrieDined on 6/14/2014We're not local so finding a fine restaurant we relied on the excellent reviews found here... We had an early reservation so the restaurant was quiet and seating was away from other patrons. The staff was knowledgeable and made appropriate recommendations and we never felt pressured! I chose the aged pork chop with an apple based glaze perfectly prepared to a "chef's temp" medium rare and my wife chose the veal entree, generously portioned for fine dining. We finished the evening with a delicious bread pudding more then enough to share. We'll definitely be back next time we visit!Special Features:
- Great Placejames73richardDined on 6/13/2014The food was incredible , the service was just as amazing .Great place to spend a nice evening ! Would recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDontGoOutMuchDined on 6/7/2014Service ruined the experience. Our server tried to give us hot wine, did not know the menu, and did not keep our glasses topped off. The steak was under cooked and not a very good cut of meat.
- The following 41 reviews are from the Siena Tuscan Steakhouse - Ambassador Hotel reviews archive.
- Wonderful downtown diningccccDined on 5/17/2014If you are in downtown Wichita and want a special evening, don't pass by the Siena Tuscan Steakhouse at the Ambassador Hotel. The food and service are outstanding.Special Features:
- BobtailVIPDined on 5/11/2014Great brunch on Mother's Day. Service was top notch.Special Features:
- FantasticnewtowichitaDined on 5/3/2014Great food, started with the crab cakes (delicious and all crab) the filet was cooked just right and very tender, my date loved the Dover Sole. Great selection of wines. Did believe many patrons were under dressed and some of the younger people were loud.Special Features:
- Great Find in downtown WichitaOkietouristDined on 4/23/2014My friends and I had lunch at Siena Tuscany and we will definitely return. Our server was very attentive and helpful. I had swordfish and it was very tasty and presented beautifully. My friends had pasta and they both commented that it was very good. It is an upscale restaurant and a great addition to the Wichita scene.Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014This was our first time at Siena. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good,but for the price I expect morOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Food was very good but way over priced for what you got. Service was good and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable elegant dinnerDebinSTLVIPDined on 3/28/2014We had a group of 3 for dinner at this restaurant and was looking forward to a nice relaxing first class dinner. The restaurant is very beautiful and feels classy but not too snobbish. The service was attentive and the menu choices were very diverse. My only suggestions is that it would have been nice to have been offered some bread or crackers and our waiter, Joshua, was just too darn eager to clear our plates. We had to keep telling him we weren't done yet as we were just slowly eating our meal and enjoying a relaxing time together. There were several times that it was quite obvious that we were not done - like half a steak still sitting on the plate - he was asking if he could clear the plate. Please tell Joshua to slow down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Anniversary!TojoDined on 3/24/2014The food, Atmosphere, and service were all outstanding! This restaurant is attached to the Ambassador Hotel in downtown Wichita. They rely on word-of-mouth rather than adverstisement. Let me say that I would recommend the Siena Tuscan Steakhouse for business, pleasure, or a very special occasion. This is the second time I have dined here--the first for a business dinner; this time for our anniversary. We had Grouper w/potato bacon hash and Dover Sole. The pork chop is outstanding as well. Next time I will try the steaks. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner again and againYummytaco2VIPDined on 3/23/2014Decent wine selection as well as great service. Thanks Lindsey!Special Features:
- A ratio price/quality is veryFranchinoDined on 3/7/2014A ratio price/quality is very unbalanced in terms of price. The food is good but the price is too high. We are in Wichita no in New York City!!!!!Special Features:
- anniversaryannivDined on 3/1/2014My husband and I thought that the food was excellent and will be back to enjoy this great food again. The beet salad was recommended and I thought it was wonderful. I can't wait to go back for the scallops! We also enjoyed the breakfast the next morning and our waitress was very engaging and pleasant. Kudos to herSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bread given before dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014The bread given before dinner was the only not so great thing about my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner with friends!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/21/2014Wonderful relaxing and enjoyable experience ! Food and service great! Love the Brussels sprouts and duck fat fries! You must try the bread pudding!Special Features:
- Amazing Sienna Tuscan SteakhouseDine4funDined on 2/21/2014Totally amazing in every way. The food, service, and ambience are second to none! Highly recommend Sienna for an amazing and unique dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD PLACE FOR ROMANTIC DINNERRICHARDDined on 2/8/2014First of all , the food was very good, my wife had the veal and I had a pork chop. I was interested in the 5 course chef sampler, but the waiter could not tell me what items it was going to include--he said "well, it is 5 courses and I asked" what are the items, do I get to choose?" He said I don't know , it's just 5 different courses. I don't mind surprises, but I felt a little uncomfortable so I ordered the chop. A unique complaint I had was that the silverware was shaped in such a manner that it was hard for me to hold the fork or knife without it slipping, it was rounded at the end and handle and my wife and I both noticed the difficulty in maintaining a "grip". The food was above average, the desserts were exceptional.Special Features:
- AmbassadorbobsDined on 2/3/2014Food was very good, Nice city atmosphere, Easy to park at night. Very happy with the food, unique tasteSpecial Features:
- Learn from our mistakesFirstDateDined on 2/1/2014Overall the experience was absolutely amazing. The food was cooked perfectly, full of flavor however I would not recommend getting the 5 course pairing(not worth it in my opinion). When I go back I will get the sea scallops or KC Strip which was part of the pairing. Both were fantastic dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!AmyBDined on 12/18/2013The restaurant, waitress and the food were fantastic, I am sorry I took so long to eat at Siena!! We will go back and soon! Very nice place with a wine list that is different from every other place, which is unusual! We ordered 4 different things and each were fabulous and presented gorgeously!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot In WichitaDrimartikneeDined on 12/16/2013Our 4th evening trip to the restaurant, each time it has improved. Keep this good place going. I recommend the chef selection with wine pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable eveningSatisfiedDined on 12/14/2013My husband and I were celebrating our 8th Wedding Anniversary. We looked for a nice hotel with a restaurant that would be romantic and different than what we are used to going to regularly. The Sienna Tuscan Steakhouse exceeded our expectations. With the Culinary pacakage we were given $75 off our meal so we splurged a little with a wonderful bottle of white wine that was the best tasing wine I had ever had. The service was amazing. The food we chose melted in our mouth, was well worth the price. I would recommend this for a special occasion. The lighted Christmas trees in a dim room with candles lit on the tables were a special romantic touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capably high endLoQtisDined on 12/8/2013The service was excellent, the ambience quiet and romantic, insufficient light to read the menu, but that's an acceptable part of the trade-off: we use a flashlight app, reading from the same menu, which suits. I wish the food was spectacular, but it is capably high-end, and priced accordingly. Skip the chef's take on deconstructed tiramisu-- scantly-flavored whipped cream in a martini glass with espresso dusted extra-thick ladyfingers and some blueberries (why?) to garnish-- as tiramisu, it's a flop; left us feeling we'd been brought the wrong dessert. Salmon perfectly executed. Calm, professional front of the house, a lovely evening as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bang for the buckCindyKDined on 12/7/2013The atmosphere/decor was great. However, when I went to put in reservations, the only early time available was 4:30pm. We three were the only ones in there for the first hour. Our server was slow and fairly nonexistant until the 2 large parties came in. It took us 2 hours to eat. Attention to detail was lacking for the prices. The meal was so-so. I had scallops with butternut squash risotto; it should have been stated at "....with white rice". The risotto was not creamy and lacked flavor. The scallops were cooked well but did not have much flavor; definitely not worth $36. One of my companions had veal picatta which was good. I don't mind paying high dining prices when the food is outstanding....this was not.Special Features:
- My time @ Sierra Tuscan SteakhouseAnthonyDined on 11/16/2013I really like this new steakhouse - if you want to take someone special this is the place Real Romantic!!! BUT....... save your pennies because its pricey$$$$ but its worth it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was average. I had aMaturestyleDined on 11/16/2013Food was average. I had a filet.. It was good, but overpriced. Wife had dover sole.. not much taste. Sides and salads were boring. Had a glass of $15 wine (4 oz.-- maybe). Beautiful restaurant, but food average and overpriced.Special Features:
- WonderfulVernDined on 11/2/2013We selected the 8 course Chef’s Tasting with a wine pairing. The food was very good, nicely eclectic. The wine pairings were wonderful. I was stuffed after 8 course and the wine pairing were full serving, so we were really glad we had a room at the Ambassador!!! We will most certainly be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding filetksinclair21Dined on 10/23/2013I had a couple glasses of wine suggested by the sommelier that were outstanding suggestions. They filet was cook perfect and the flavor was beyond expectations. Best steak I've had at a restaurant in a long time...I will return every time in Wichita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Wichita????foodwinoDined on 10/7/2013We do not live in Wichita but have eaten at several Wichita establishments that are highly rated and local award winners. How does Siena compare? Food (let's face it that is why you go to a Restaurant): in one word... Great. Although our KC Strips did have quite a bit of gristle and absolutely were not Prime as the menu indicates. The Caesar Salad was the best I've ever had and comes with a most interesting presentation. The Pasta (or Grain as they refer to it) was First Class, the Chicken Carbonara is incredible. Wine list is poor however and incredibly over-priced (very disappointing) but our Cocktails were great. It was very busy and the Service was quite lacking (needs improvement). Not the Best in Wichita but could be.. 85/100Special Features:
- Totally unprepared/concert crowd4645mikoDined on 10/7/2013One would think that a top notch restaurant would be prepared for a big crowd with a concert deadline, but this was not the case. I wish we could say we enjoyed the food, and it was delicious, but we had to eat what we could in a hurry and had to get the remainder to go. I don't know where the fault was, whether it was the kitchen staff, wait staff, bar staff or the manager, but they were totally unprepared. They ran out of Crown Royal after one drink having to substitute another whiskey. The valet parking was another fiasco. Parking attendant kept key fob of our in her pocket causing us to have to track her down to retrieve it after we had already parked our car at the concert. Think twice before dining here before a concert!
- One Word-"Fantastic"jparkerDined on 10/5/2013Food was out standing, Andrew our waiter was exeptional. This was my wife and I 20th wedding anniversary and the whole experiance will be a memory we will never forgetSpecial Features:
- Great ExperienceValpo80RNDined on 10/3/2013Food was very good. Loved the beet salad with goat cheese and the pumpkin risotto. Had filet which was tender and cooked to perfection. Wait staff was very attentive and personable, without being intrusive. Might seem pricey for Wichita, but I've paid more in larger cities for less quality. I'd go back anytime I'm in the area.Special Features: