Siena - East Greenwich
5600 Post Road
East Greenwich, RI 02818Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Siena - East Greenwich
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sienari.com/
- Phone: 4018858850
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Siena has monthly Wine Dinners and monthly Cigar Dinners. Please call the restaurant to see when the next event will be!
A word from Siena - East Greenwich
Welcome to Siena - East Greenwich, serving authentic Tuscan cuisine in a warm and lively atmosphere. The cucina (kitchen) and enoteca (winebar) is where families and friends often meet in Italy to casually enjoy each other's company over earthy wines and simple communal fare of olives, cheeses, cured meats and small plates. Siena - East Greenwich compliments the trusted menu from the original Siena Restaurant, located on Federal Hill, with many of the warm touches and great food found in kitchens and winebars all over Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Siena - East Greenwich - Best Restaurants in East Greenwich ›
Siena - East Greenwich reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (112)fit for foodies (74)romantic (72)neighborhood gem (61)notable wine list (49)vibrant bar scene (43)hot spot (38)good for groups (30)late-night find (13)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/20/2014The bolongese is to die for! Also great meatball app. Salmon is delicious as wellSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Wonderful food and service. Very accommodating and always tries to give our requested table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific as alwaysMiami2014Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent food, great service. One of our favorite spots. Looking forward to dining at Siena - East Greenwich again, soon!Special Features:
- Great Restaurant in East GreenwichMerryVIPDined on 9/20/2014We dined at Siena on Saturday and it was great. My husband had the Veal Saltimbucco and I had the Cioppino. Both were outstanding. Definitely would recommend to anyone if you want good food at a reasonably price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a grest mealMoveMe2VIPDined on 9/19/2014Made reservations for 2 on a Friday night. Got right in, food was exceptional as always. Waitress was great. Overall a very nice night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodRhode1Dined on 9/19/2014Excellent quality of food and preparation. My favorite is the gnocchi with mushrooms, peas, asparagus and truffle oil after the salad that has the golden beets and barrata cheese! I need to eat there more often so I can try other dishes!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014Food was just ok nothing special. I thought restaurant week menu was rather limited. I would have liked more Italian selections offered Service was great and ambience was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointed :)Kfallzie5Dined on 9/13/2014Always a wonderful meal. Food comes out hot and fresh, servers are always pleasant!!Special Features:
- Consistently GoodLive2eat629Dined on 9/13/2014I have been going to Siena for years, and the food and service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife' Birthday DinnerSeafoodloverDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I had a great dinner Saturday night. My wife had the Salmon special and I had the swordfish with a nice Italian white wine that my server reccomended. Excellent value for the quality of food. We will be back often so make reservations : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ConsistentBaliDined on 9/12/2014Another great meal at Siena, East Greenwich. Food, service is consistent, prices very reasonable. Crowded, loud, vibrant but part of the ambiance. Drinks generous. Class act.Special Features:
- Always perfect!nk48Dined on 9/12/2014We took our two adult daughters for dinner at Siena and, as always, it was a perfect night Siena is such a gem; from the great service, to the unbeatable ambience, to the fabulous wine and food. We had an incredible appetizer; was a special can't remember the name but the flavors were to die for. Entrees were delicious, 2 veal dishes cooked to perfection, seafood pasta dish and steak all top notch. And, let us not forget the desserts, cheese cake and a baked apple special. Once again, flavors are so distinctive and took you to another place......possibly Nantucket, at half the price! The quality of the food for the price is unbeatable; we are lucky to have such a high quality restaurant so close to home. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Very good experience overall. attentive and prompt waitstaff. I am a picky restaurant goer. Appetizers were great beverages: Cocktails and house wines we selected very good, went with servers recommendation. Entrees, both meats were excellent, hot and cooked to our order. staff knew menu and specials by memory.
- Sbm7sbm7VIPDined on 9/11/2014My friends and I enjoyed everything the food and service was awesome would be back again and again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HarryDined on 9/11/2014Good food, good value - far too noisy. The acoustics cause the sound level to be unbearable.Special Features:
- LeeannDined on 9/10/2014Wonderful Exciting food,service was friendly and excellent. Would recommend to everyone. Appetizer pizza was outstanding. Risotto was creamy and delicious. Everyone at our table enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014Great food, atmosphere was lively - service was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious.Luv2eatoutDined on 9/6/2014I can't seem to order anything but the bolognese here. Best I've ever had! My fiancé always tries new things and it has never been a disappointment. Our favorite place for date night :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.DineoutDined on 9/6/2014Tremendous food. Apps to dessert. Great service. Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Really enjoyed this restaurant for the 2 time. Will highly recommend it for it's delicious food and attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious!AylaDined on 8/31/2014The salad, appetizer & amazing entrees were excellent! The waitstaff was wonderful, friendly, knowledgeable without being intrusive. This was our first time at Sienna and definitely not our last!Special Features:
- ExcellentLuvgoodfoodDined on 8/31/2014Nick was our waiter. He was wonderful. Very helpful. Answered all our questions. Can't wait to comrade back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014e have made several visits to the Siena restaurants around the state but this time we were disappointed - particularly with the service. The waitress was pleasant but lacking in serving skills of the caliber of a better restaurant. There are numerous examples but as an example, when coffee was brought to the table after dinner, all the saucers were filled with coffee. When we brought this to her attention, she resolved the problem by taking a cloth hanging from her belt and wiping up the spills. This may appear minor to some but I was left thinking how clean was that cloth. In the same respect, I don't appreciate having servers put their hands on the rim of the glass when they pour water.
- DaveDined on 8/30/2014The pizza was the best ever. Everyone in our party loved the food including dessert.Special Features:
- A Cut AboveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Consistently excellent food, great service. Comfortable yet classy. Have never ben disappointed. Recommend highly.Special Features:
- Amazingamazinggrace2007Dined on 8/20/2014Absolutely amazing food and service. Extensive wine list.Special Features:
- Always EnjoyableDineout2muchVIPDined on 8/20/2014We enjoy dinning at Siena any chance we get. Great food, excellent service combined with a wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- NicholasDined on 8/19/2014Service and food were outstanding. My favorite restaurant in RI.!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fantastic!FoodIsBaeDined on 8/19/2014The wait staff were nice and professional without seeming arrogant in the slightest, the food and bread came out quickly, and we wouldn't have minded waiting! Great food, great staff, great place. And the price was lower than I would have expected as well! Try Sienna, I can't recommend it enough.Special Features:
- Casual - not romantic.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014The food was good but it was not a place to celebrate a romantic occasion like an anniversary. The noise level was very high and the ambiance was more in line with a casual dining experience. Also, the A/C was set to a point where we were shivering the entire evening. Go for a good Italian meal, bring a sweater and prepare to shout out your conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siena East GreenwichOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Our dinner experience at Siena was fantastic. The food is consistent, flavorful, and just exceptional. The service was excellent. Our server was professional, offering detail about specials and other menu items. The atmosphere is romantic, inviting and just relaxing for the evening. We look forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!Friends4everDined on 8/10/2014An old friend recently moved from Atlanta & we wanted to treat ourselves. Three of us enjoyed a antipasti platter of prosciutto, cheese, olives, nuts, crostini & fig jam. The waitress wisely suggested we include honeycomb. It was delicious, even if the cheese was barely a taste each. They are stingy with the antipasti portions (except for the olives). Our dinners were fabulous & the portions ample. Branzini with scallops, penne & grilled chicken with vodka sauce & boneless short ribs over risotto. Desert was chocolate bread pudding with crunchy toffee caramel sauce & vanilla gelato. It was plenty for the three if us. Our servers were knowledgeable & very attentive, without being intrusive. Sienna will not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner @ SienatreborDined on 8/9/2014The evening was a complete success. Our table was waiting for us and the Waiter was ready to assist us. He explained the specials slowly and in detail. Our drinks came quickly and he gave us time to view the menu and make our choices. The food was outstanding. The portions were exactly right. I cannot be more happy with the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerExcellentDined on 8/9/2014Booked Siena for my wife's birthday. Staff are pleasant and efficient. Food was excellent and don't miss out on the desert. Nice night. Thank you Siena?Special Features:
- Wonderful diningPatchesDined on 8/9/2014The food was great as was the waitstaff. Was there for a special occasion and did not feel rushed as you do in many other restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal spoiled by bratsRedsox9595Dined on 8/8/2014Meal and staff were fantastic as always. The only thing that ruined it was the table in the middle of the resturant full of screaming kids running around the resturant. I know this is not Siena's fault but to parents out there, please realize this is not chuck e cheese. This is a beautiful resturant where people go to relax or celebrate a special occasion ( girlfriends birthday) and they expect a certain level of quiet and comfort. Parents, do not bring your 4 and 5 year olds here on a Friday night at 8pm if they can't handle themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyCMKmovestoRIDined on 8/8/2014Great choices on the menu, great service, attentive. Delicious food and the best desert I have ever had! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food, service, qualityPaulieWalnutsWIDined on 8/7/2014Fortunate to eat here twice in a week: once with five guys on a business dinner, 2nd time with fiancé on her birthday weekend. Both visits were great. Made reservations online both times. The food was great. I had a med-rare filet mignon first time and cioppino the second - steak was perfectly cooked and flavorful, and the seafood was fresh and the broth was great (ask for the hot oil to drizzle over if you like spicy). I'll be back and bringing friends. The staff was hustling but not in a bad way...felt like they were enjoying themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TessDined on 8/7/2014Great experience ! Food tasty, nice presentation ,great service .Special Features:
- love itdonnadeeDined on 8/7/2014Love is in the air. We were celebrating our anniversary. What a great place to do it! We enjoyed ourselves with every biteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.