Shore Bird Restaurant & Beach Bar
2169 Kalia Road - Suite 118
Outrigger Reef Hotel, Waikiki Beach
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Shore Bird Restaurant & Beach Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.shorebirdwaikiki.com/
- Phone: 8089222887
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Barbecue, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: The Shore Bird features nightly entertainment presenting the islands best talent...starting at 5 pm. Free Nightly Sing-a-long Karaoke 9:30 till closing.
A word from Shore Bird Restaurant & Beach Bar
For the past 29 years, Island residents and tourists alike have flocked to the Shore Bird, making it one of Waikiki's most venerated institutions. It's the thrill of the grill that has captured guests imaginations and appetites for more than two decades. Shore Bird is not just a place to eat. Shore Bird is an experience where all guests have a lot of fun! Servers interact with our guests and not just serve them. The over all concept is "Aloha". Guests are responsible for for grilling their own dinner entrees but they don't have to be master barbecurers. An experienced grill hand and a large clock help make the process easy. Here's how it works: Steaks and seafood come to the table fresh on a platter with instructions. Guest are able to season and then prepare their entree exactly to their liking . All entrees include the salad bar, which showcases more than 25 items, such as fresh greens, garnishes, fruits, tako poke, rice, bread and pasta.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shore Bird Restaurant & Beach Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (61)great for outdoor dining (43)good for groups (29)special occasion (24)romantic (23)kid-friendly (17)great for brunch (13)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (12)neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)Show More
- Bad food!SeattlefoodieDined on 8/22/2014The only thing this restaurant has going for it is that it's right on the beach. The good is terrible.Special Features:
- Good for familyJugon90Dined on 8/21/2014The buffet and grill it myself style was fun for kids. All of us are fully satisfied and want to go there again. All Staff also were very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you！lilikoiDined on 8/20/2014This time thank you for our having food allegy support kindly. I am very appriciate.Special Features:
- wonderful viewsRintarowaveDined on 8/17/2014Meal while watching the sunset was the best!!! The children were also excited. I also want to go!!!Special Features:
- It's super restaurant !!chamateaDined on 8/15/2014I was very enjoyed the dinner with my family . We had good servise and wonderful dinner .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 最高のサンセット！YoshiDined on 8/15/2014予約の６時３０分に来店しましたが、少し待ってほしいということで待ちました。ほどなく呼ばれたので中に入ると、予約時にお願いしておいたビーチサイドを用意してくれました。７時頃からサンセットタイムでしたが、それは今まで生きた４０年間で最高にきれいな夕日だと思いました。しかしサンセットの後、２０～３０分がたまらなくきれいでした。空が暗くなるまでの色の変化はちょっと日本では見ることがないのではないでしょうか、素晴らしかったです。そして、肝心の料理ですが、肉は最高にやわらかくおいしいです。が、スタッフに言われた通りの時間をストップウォッチで測っておかないと焼きすぎて悲惨なことになるでしょう！ちゃんと焼けた肉は本当においしいですよ！！景色と料理に大満足でした！Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service, great foodAha3VIPDined on 8/15/2014We've dined here many times and we keep coming back for more. The service is excellent and the food is delicious. I especially love the ribeye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ocean view!!amaikuDined on 8/10/2014Thank you fun time. very nice Ocean view and sanset. Foods were good taste.It was pleasant to be burnt with foods in oneself. And staff was very kind. We want to do again!!Special Features:
- Thank you for good dinner.8080Dined on 8/9/2014We highly appreciate for your restaurant's good service and foods. Above all, we were very much satisfied with your gentle and kindest correspondence soon after my booking the table. Thanks to your quick responses to our e-mails from Japan and kind taking care of our requests, we could feel at ease even before we actually visit the restaurant. This time was our second visit to you since our honeymoon in 1996. Our good impression was deepened!! We are looking forward to visiting your restaurant again with inviting other friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very bad experienceTravelersVIPDined on 8/3/2014Took the 930 reservation what a huge mistake The minute we showed up I knew we were in trouble since we showed at 930 and said we are here for dinner the first thing I got was the hostess rolling her eyes at us You know what if you don't want us there at 930 don't offer reservations for that time. So we got seated instead of cooking ourselves we let them cook my wife had the chicken skewers that were good I had a rack of ribs that got burned Beyond recognition so I waved the server down and instead of offering to remake she said well we have closed the kitchen I can offer you a hot dog or a slider. In the mean time they had already closed the salad bar so my dinner was a small plate of salad period. Have been there 8 times won't go back
- 肉がうまいOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014ステーキというより、ブロック肉が美味しい。店員さんのサービスも良い。ロケーションはウォータフロントでさ最高。さすがに伝統あるお店です。アイスティーおかわりしなかったけどおかわり自由だったかも。また行きたい。Special Features:
- Good EverythingSue2UDined on 7/22/2014We've been before and we still enjoy everything. Salad bar was great, service was good and I know my food will be cooked just the way I like it. The only thing is they only have one dessert item, so don't save room for dessert.Special Features:
- good!minminDined on 7/18/2014nice food, great service! Next time, I want to eat steak at dinner.Special Features:
- Amazing ViewsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2014We were able to request an ocean side table which was practically on the ocean. You can't beat the location. The food was as expected, decent quality. The service was good, however the entire flow was confusing. You ordered and they brought you the food to cook immediately, without giving you a chance to go to the salad bar (average) and without explaining how it all works. The food was good because we cooked it. The best part of this restaurant is the location.Special Features:
- Terrible reservations policyCAfamilyVIPDined on 7/3/2014I grew up in Hawaii and have many fond memories of the Shore Bird. Must have eaten there over a dozen times. On a recent trip I thought I would bring my sons and show them the restaurant. I made reservations a week in advance and asked for a table near the water. When we arrived we were told we'd would need to wait 40 minutes for a beach side table, despite the fact that there were 7 open tables next to the water. Instead, they seated us in the very back corner if the restaurant, in an area where there was not even a glimpse of the ocean. Maybe they save those beach side tables for people who reserve directly? Doesn't seem fair. I was so disappointed not to be able to give my kids the fun ocean view dining. Won't ever go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Requested a beach table weeks before and was put near B- b-Que, on reservation we said it was a birthday, waitress asked whose birthday it was then didn't follow thru with any birthday song or dessert like at other tables. Salad bar was food, the fish, steak was good. We go there once a month, so they recognize us, but the service is their weakest area and they don't care because it is always packed, being on the beach at Waikiki. It won't stop us from coming, but soon Waikiki Shores next door will be opening restaurants up on the beach and they will have a little competition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shore BirdOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014We requested a seat along the shoreline as we had a visitor from LA. it was a relaxing brunch - food was great, view terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- とても素晴らしいロケーションでディナーを楽しめました！yukiDined on 6/27/2014すぐ目の前がビーチで、波打ち際までの距離が短いから海が間近に感じ、心地良く食事が楽しめて素敵でした！自分でお肉を焼くのも楽しかったし、ビュッフェスタイルのサラダも良かったです。お肉もサラダも美味しくいただけました。6月27日（金）18時からの予約でしたが、時間通り到着後すぐに案内してくれました。総合的に大満足です。Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dine by diamondheadlucky13Dined on 6/20/2014Very nice ocean atmosphere. Great fruit and salad bar. Nice surf sounds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysJJandTedDined on 6/19/2014We returned for the forth time to shorebird. We always book in here for our first night in Waikiki when we arrive from Auckland. It is the ultimate welcome to Hawaii and a greet start to our holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best on WaikikiCharlosVIPDined on 6/17/2014Absolutely one of the best places to eat and enjoy Waikiki. The food and vibe keep you coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat!iluvsteakDined on 6/16/2014We had eaten at Shoe bird sixteen years and loved it! It was even better this time. The atmosphere and view is great. We are not overbearing people so we loved cooking our own steaks and making trips to the salad bar Would go back every week if I could. Also reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic and Fun DinnerMomof4Dined on 6/15/2014Steak and mahi mahi were fantastic and easy to cook- teriyaki chicken was good. Salad bar selection was excellent- loved the mushroom-quinoa risotto! Fun to grill our own food- kids thought it was a blast. Great ocean-front table. Only negative was a loud, obnoxious guy at the nearby bar- would be nice if they could place the bar a bit farther from the dinner tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak.just watch the flamesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Make sure master griller is there to put out flamesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's daygreattimesDined on 6/15/2014This was actually the first time I used open table to set up my reservations and it actually worked out really good. I will use open table again to set up future reservations again. Thank you for having this service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- you have to cook your own food..0_oSepulDined on 6/15/2014We were here before for lunch so we decided to make a reservation for father's day; well we order from the menu and then after 15 minutes here come this other server with a plate of raw steaks and chicken, they explain us then that we have to cook it but that a chef will help us, long story short no one helped us! ...i feel so bad for my husband that we took him to a restaurant and he ended up bbq'ing like we could have done at home with better taste! Not a fun experience getting out of the restaurant smelling like charcoal! To expensive if you have to do it yourself!Special Features:
- Father's Day LunchBillDined on 6/15/2014Went to Shore Birds to celebrate Father's Day. My son and I had the buffet lunch that consisteted of a salad bar, cheese & crackers, chili, rice, pit roast, and ginger coconut fish. The food was pretty good. Service was just fair as once the waiter took our order we didn't see him again for 20 minutes when he brought out my wife's hambuger. I asked for silverware and the server forgot. I had to go find silverware on my own. We usually have much better service at Shorebirds. Mai Tai's were average...nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CatnessDined on 6/15/2014Would not recommend this at all. Small buffet mostly startches.Special Features:
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/11/2014This is an interesting restaurant where the dining experience is not based on the taste of the food but the cooking of the food. The salad bar (comes with the meal) is big and fresh. You pick your protein and then cook it yourself at a big open grill. The steaks are good but nothing spectacular so again this is about the camaraderie of cooking your food together - enjoy it!
- Lunch DisappointingNai215Dined on 6/8/2014We have enjoyed your brunch several times and is a good value My husband and I were diappointed with lunch. Not enough green salad ingrediantes, too many pasta dishes, carrots too big, no chicken and beverages not included. The fruit salad, fish and cold slaw were delicious. There is no comparison between brunch and lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ハワイに来たら一度は寄りたい店MitsushiyDined on 6/6/2014ワイキキビーチの海風を感じながら、上質な肉や魚を焼き、ビールやワインで気持ちよく酔いしれる。 ハワイのリゾートを満喫できる素晴しいレストランのひとつといえます。 今回で３回目となりましたが、ハワイを訪れるたびに一度は寄りたい店です。 それとスタッフが笑顔を絶やさず、気持ちよい対応で、毎回感心させられます。Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Waikiki restaurantBrentDined on 5/30/2014This was our second time eating here. Our first time was 4 years ago and we loved it then and loved it now. One of our favorite restaurants on Waikiki Beach. We loved the atmosphere so much that we came back every night to sit at the bar and have drinks. Our favorite is steak and lobster and it is well worth the price. They have lots of options for food and it is so much fun to cook it yourself on the open grill. You can even grill fresh pineapple from the salad bar, which is quite extensive and very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!rlsdlsDined on 5/30/2014Wonderful service with romantic scenic view. Couldn't have ask for more. Great food and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Good price and great viewmiuxDined on 5/29/2014Our table was in front of the ocean so view was great. We went to there during happy hour so good price!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014It's always nice to go to Shore Bird! The food is very good and the scenic view is great and so relaxing!. The staff is very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- TAKADined on 5/21/2014it'sgood scening we enjoyed happy dinner we'd like to go shore birdSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/18/2014Good value. You come here for the beachside location. Not the food or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014I love going to this restaurant because the atmosphere is unbeatable. Relaxed, oceanfront dining, on Waikiki Beach. The food is good, but not outstanding. They have you grill your own meat which my husband felt like we should've been charged less since he cooked his own food. I still like it nonetheless.Special Features:
- ETCSANAVETCSANAVDined on 5/16/2014Great fun and great food. Too bad there are not more sides available.Special Features:
- Great food and viewsIslandGirlDined on 5/15/2014This was our first time here. The views are great, the food was really good and affordable. The only caveat is that you cook your own meat, which is really weird to me, plus the grill area is really hot so if the humidity and temp. is high, then you will really sweat. We had the sunset special, steak and salad bar for $18.95. The salad bar alone is not worth $16.95. Our waitress Lisa took very good care of us.Special Features: