Scott's Seafood on the River
4800 Riverside Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95825Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Scott's Seafood on the River
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scottsseafood.net/
- Phone: 9163795959
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Bill John
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From an intimate dinner with a few good friends to a formal wedding for 200, Scott's has many options for all occasions, whether for meetings, corporate events, presentations, weddings, rehearsal dinners or celebrations of all kinds.
- Private Party Contact: Celeste Dolan (916) 989 8959
A word from Scott's Seafood on the River
Sacramento's favorite seafood restaurant arrives on the Sacramento River at Le Rivage Hotel. Whether you arrive on wheels or by boat, this gorgeous dining room affords everyone a view of the River. For breakfast, lunch or dinner, Scott's has something for everyone. With the gentle Delta breezes playing on a summer evening, there is no better dining al fresco in Sacramento. The food, the service, the ambiance all make for an unforgettable experience. Plan a special occasion, meeting or night on the town and turn it into an overnight getaway at Le Rivage Hotel. Don't forget to make an appointment for the perfect spa treatment at Spa LaLe, right on the property.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Scott's Seafood on the River - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Scott's Seafood on the River reviews from OpenTable diners
217 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (148)great for outdoor dining (139)special occasion (128)romantic (83)neighborhood gem (57)good for groups (55)great for lunch (55)fit for foodies (51)great for brunch (42)notable wine list (40)vibrant bar scene (37)hot spot (18)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (8)Show More
- not like other Scott's I knowBetsyVIPDined on 10/18/2014This restaurant is a hotel restaurant, not the Scott's classic restaurant that I have come to know in Walnut Creek. The fare was average and presentation varied. The Shrimp Louis was pathetic, a pile of strip on iceberg lettuce with a couple of slices of tomato, big chunks of cucumber, a token half a hard boiled egg and a couple of olives thrown i as an afterthought. It tasted fishy, ugh. The Thai beef Salad had a nice presentation but was over-dressed. The menu was Brunch, on a Saturday at 11:30am, that was unexpected. For a special day to with y 93 year old Mom, we were very disappointed and wil not return.
- KathyDined on 10/18/2014Had a nice leisurely brunch with 2 visiting girlfriends. It was perfect!Special Features:
- Scenic but disappointingchrmnkagaDined on 10/17/2014Looked forward to trying Scott's. Disappointed. Food is expensive for what tastes like premade And frozen. Not worth the money although there is not much competition in the seafood category in Sac.Special Features:
- eatsomemoreDined on 10/17/2014Four of us had dinner at Scoot's Seafood on the river and we enjoyed the evening. Good food, nice view of the river, and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For Many OccasionsSnugglesDined on 10/12/2014If it a romantic dinner for two or a gathering place for friends and family Scotts is the place to go. We have never been disappointed either in food, service or ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME PLACEPrincessDined on 10/11/2014Recently had a small birthday dinner for four there. The outdoor tables were great because you're right on the river. Great, romantic, scenic outdoor seating. Food, service, drinks, everything was great. Us girls had a great experience. Birthday girl also got drink, dessert, and bottle of champagne on the house. Dinner was surprising affordable. There was also a wedding going on while we were dining and it did not bother us at all. I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Halibut always a good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014The Macadamia nut crusted Halibut is always a good choice...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surf and turfTipsySailorDined on 10/10/2014Scott's is wonderful for our surf and turf craving, loved the marina view, open air dining, great service and peaceful ambiance.Special Features:
- not impressedCandyjDined on 10/8/2014We went to Scotts with another couple to enjoy and night of dining on the patio. Service was ok , the food fair for the price. We had a problem with a man with two large dogs. The biggest German Sheppard I had ever seen and a Great Dane mix. He was seated at the table beside us and the dogs kept laying under our table near my feet. We do loves dogs but quite frankly, I don't choose to dine with mine let alone other peoples. We let the staff know that the dogs were making us uncomfortable and we were informed it is a dog friendly restaurant. Won't be going back to Scotts any time soon. We also emailed the manager the next day and its been a week, haven't heard a word from him. Apparently they prefer dog satisfaction over people's.Special Features:
- Amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014Every guest in our party fully enjoyed Scotty's. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oycejDined on 10/3/2014CALL AT LEAST 5 DAYS AHEAD OF TIME,CALLED DAY OF OR BEFORE TO VERIFY THINGS WERE AS I ASKED,WAS TOLD THEY WERE. GOT THERE AND THE TABLE WAS NOT READY,HAD TO WAIT, TAKEN TO A TABLE FOR NO MORE THEN 3,THEIR WAS 5 OF US. FOOD WAS HORRIBLE,MY STEAK WAS TOUGH, MASHED POTATOES TASTED LIKE INSTANT POTATOES, AND GREEN BEANS LIKE THEY HAD BEEN SITTING IN WATER AND RE-HEATED. IN MY 71 YEARS OF DINING OUT THIS WAS THE WORST. OTHER RESERVED TABLES HAD STANDING MENUS AND SET, WE GOT A THROWN TOGETHER LAST MINUTE DEAL. WAS LEFT STANDING IN DINING AREA AND HAD TO FIND OUR OWN TABLE.
- Brunch at Scott'schinskiDined on 9/28/2014Most of the service was courteous and understanding, however the waiter and a waitress had a dreadful habit of interrupting our conversation as though their time was more important than our conversation. This was not true as the three of us rarely all three meet. The food was good. However on leaving we discovered that even though we had used the restaurant their valet service had cost us $7 which had not been told us at the time. I complained by e mail to the restaurant and received a discount coupon and a very gracious explanation by return. The valet parking franchise apparently leaves them frustrated also.Special Features:
- Restaurant Cancelled ReservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Received a call 1-2 hours prior to reservations with a message that said their kitchen was closed and they had to cancel all reservations for the night?! Thank God I checked my message before leaving the house ( I didn't answer the original call thinking they were confirming reservations, not CANCELLING them) I called, they told me I could reschedule for another date or be email a GC for the inconvenience. Gave them my email address and hung up. A couple hours later, they called again to get my email address (someone lost it or never wrote it down?). Needless to say I never received anything from Scott's Seafood. I would have loved to try the restaurant since I had heard so much good things, but so disappointed I don't think I will.
- ExceptionalKyteDined on 9/20/2014We have been to Scott's several times and have never been disappointed. The food is superb and the wait staff is excellent. Our waiter, Miguel, was amazing! Miguel made sure the timing of the meal, from appetizer through dessert was perfect, allowing us to enjoy our 28th anniversary without being rushed. It was the perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great family brunch.lunchtimeVIPDined on 9/20/2014We celebrated my Dad's 83rd birthday with a family brunch. The food, service and atmosphere was perfect for us. The service pace was slow but in a good way they were very attentive to the needs of the group and didn't come around and sweep up plates before we were all done. I like that. In most places today the servers don't manage the whole table as well as these guys did. Food was very good from crab louis to omelets -- delish. Server was knowledgeable and very personable which makes the whole thing work. Nice job Scott's.Special Features:
- pleasantly relaxingdine4UDined on 9/17/2014The overall experience was very enjoyable. Waitresses were efficient and courteous and the atmosphere serene and restful. The food was tops and done to perfection. For special occasions its the place to be. The weather cooperated and it was very comfortable on the patio. Would recommend it for anyone wanting a high end dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014Have eaten here several times for special family occasions. Love the food, location and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable outdoor brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014We took a group of 7 for a Sunday Brunch and had a very pleasant experience. Lovely venue on the river, good service, good food and an overall great outdoor dining morning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Good Food and Service, limited parking. There was a wedding, and huge birthday party there forcing us to valet park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerlovefishes1Dined on 9/13/2014Lovely place to have dinner out.....food taste excellent but not hot & coffee cold x 2 cups......I will come again but no coffee! I will also remind server to please be sure food is hot.....CSpecial Features:
- Great 35th DinnerdckandrobnDined on 9/13/2014We missed our Monroe Ave Scotts, so we decided to try the River Location. It was wonderful, we will definitely keep going back there. Great dinner, super in all waysSpecial Features:
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I came for his Birthday dinner. We made the reservations and had been here a few times before with great food and service. This time we were disappointed, the server didn't really listen to us when asking about ingredients and was acting "put out" because we asked. (My husband had a heart attack and we just needed to be sure of the ingredients because he eats differently now), our appetizer was overcooked for being seared and the food was just OK...not what we usually get as we have in the past, with the "wow" factor. There also was two little kids running around and screaming as they were chasing each other with all 12 adults at the their table and no one to guide them to be a bit quieter.Special Features:
- Scenic viewDineDined on 9/12/2014Service was slightly too slow. We had some lags in that area such as when ordering. Food was good but not exceptional. The salmon was good but nothing that we would crave enough to come back. Desserts were also good but not memorable. I prefer regular cheesecake to ricotta which is slightly too overpowering in flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseLuckyeaterDined on 9/7/2014We went to Scott's on a Sunday evening for my mother's birthday. We were seated on the outdoor patio, with a great view of the river. The food was inventive and delicious and the service outstanding! I can't wait to go back again. What a great way to enjoy friends, food and a cool spring or fall evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Place To Go4happyseniorsDined on 9/7/2014Excellent food, excellent service, and great ambiance. Four senior people were treated outstandingly.Special Features:
- OilwellDined on 9/7/2014Over all this was a very pleasant experience. We had a party of five and were seated along the back wall so as a result couldn't really see the river and view. That would have been nicer. Our server Sierra was excellent, bent over backwards to please. Parking, a little bit away. Did catch a ride in the golf cart on the way back down the hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location was hard to find.LuvsurfnturfDined on 9/6/2014The seafood was great but my steak was terrible. Service was very good from the moment we got there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, bad, and uglyMaxlyDined on 9/6/2014The dining experience at Scott's Seafood on the River was a mixed bag. The food presentation and taste was very good. The restaurant has good outdoor seating area with an exceptional view of the river. Miguel, our wait person for the evening was very knowledgable on the menu selection. However, my dining experience that night was ruined as I discovered my silverware had dried crusted food clinging to the butter knife, and my wife's fork with the same issue as well. The bussed girl that came around to refill our glasses splattered water all over the table, left without apologies, nor make any attempts to wipe away excess spillage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Lunch =)SashaVIPDined on 9/4/2014Nice Enjoyable Lunch w/Friend. She enjoyed the Clams, I enjoyed the Crab Louie Salad. First time here, miss the one that was in Loehmans Plaza. Look forward to returning soon!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Bloody Mary!SusanDined on 9/3/2014Best Bloody Mary in recent memory. Lovely atmosphere on the deck overlooking the river. Petrale sole special was delicious. Crab/avocado "taco" appetizer made in wonton skins was featherlight and tasty. Friendly, efficient service.Special Features:
- Great for brunchFINEDINERDined on 9/1/2014Labor Day Brunch for 3: not crowded @ !:30 PM. Sat indoors cause a bit warm that day, but still had view of river. 2 crab benedicts, 1 traditional benedict + dessert were the meal. We all thought the benedicts were delicious and finished them off without hesitation, ample side of fried potatoes, which none of us finished. Dessert was a lemon ricotta cheesecake, again, an ample slice, the remains of which ended up in a box to bring home. Wine list by the glass had something for everyone; drink list equally varied. Food wait was a bit longish, but may have been due to holiday & reduced staff. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love spending Sunday afternoon heregeoblewisDined on 8/31/2014My friend and I always make time to stop at Scott's Seafood on the River before I take her to the airport to fly home. We try to get seating out on the patio, overlooking the river. Just lovely! The cocktails are delish! And so is the food! This time, I had the Dungeness Crab and Avocado Tacos, then the Scott's Burger with house salad. The tacos were made from wontons. Fillings were flavorful and light. I asked for the burger to be served without the bun. Got a beautiful arrangement, with loads of salad! Best burger I have ever tasted! Our server told us it was made of ground filet mignon. Its really is best to get a reservation. In my experience, when they get busy, I'm not attended to so carefully. This time, our server was wonderful!Special Features:
- Pleasant experience!Luv2eatDined on 8/30/2014Had a lovely dinner with my husband. Will defiantly come again. Dinner was excellent, staff did a great job from the hostess to the bartender to the server. Everyone provided great customer service. Made our evening very enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placefoodie14Dined on 8/30/2014This restaurant was nice and my boyfriend loved the oysters. While the service was great and the view beautiful and romantic, the food was somewhat bland and not well worth the price we paid. Maybe it was just the two dishes we had, but for the price, I didn't walk away saying "wow, that was good". The wine was good, but my boyfriend ordered an "old fashioned", and while he liked it, he said it wasn't what he was expecting.Special Features:
- The best of the best!martathelegendDined on 8/30/2014Professional from start to finish. The atmosphere is warm, relaxed, friendly. We felt special and noticed how thought the restaurant was busy, nothing seemed rushed. I appreciate that the servers wear the long aprons which tend to inhibit rushing. There was no clanging of dishes, though we were sitting near the kitchen entry. Great wine list. The service is attentive but not invasive. The food is a dream. I had the filet mignon with grilled prawns including green beans and mashed potatoes. The sauce was mouth-watering and the meat cooked to perfection. To that a Sebastiani Pinot Noir. Heaven! My date ordered Macadamia Nut Halibut with lemon-chive rice pilaf. He was delighted. It was a lovely relaxed dinner. Thank ou to all your staff.Special Features:
- expdinerDined on 8/29/2014The food was outstanding and the atmosphere was elegant. Best of all, the service was above and beyond the highest quality. Abigail was bright, charming and extremely competent We felt well taken care of even though she had many other tables to cover. I could not recommend Scott's any more highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh Food, but Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food was not quite worth the price. The best items we had were calamari and scallops. The crab bisque was ok, but has a little kick to it, so be warned if you have low tolerance for spicy. It's a tomato-based cream, so not as light as, say, a lobster bisque - more of a spiced crab-tomato bisque. I asked for "Medium to Medium-Rare" filet mignon, and it came out closer to Rare, but was seasoned well. Sadly, the sauce with it tasted more like a barbecue-aioli sauce found on a Red Robin burger and less like a steak sauce. The garlic mashed potatoes were good, but the macadamia encrusted halibut was blander than Panko, to say the least. The restaurant was also a bit loud, but the service was more than excellent. We'll stick to McCormick's...Special Features:
- 61 anniversary celebrationopusDined on 8/28/2014I took my parents to Scotts for a 61st wedding anniversary celebration. They treated everybody fabulous and made it a very special day for my parents. The food was excellent and every thing was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 8/27/2014The dinning room atmosphere (tables and chairs) was was like being at a Denny's or a Mimi's restraunt. I expected more when paying the prices for dinner. The Happy hour was good but the service was lacking at the tables.Special Features:
- Always LovelyTantanbourineDined on 8/25/2014I always love coming here. Definitely sit outside if you can- gorgeous and quit river views. The hostess was lovely, our busser was equally engaging and Our server was very accommodating and sweet. And of course, the food never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.