Ruth's Chris Steak House - New Orleans
525 Fulton Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Central Business District
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - New Orleans
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/21349/New-Orleans
- Phone: 5045877099
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tony Gale
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in New Orleans, LA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Your local Private Dining Manager in New Orleans, LA will be glad to review your needs, work with you to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Korey Gwinn 8776356303
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - New Orleans
Ruth's Chris Steak House in New Orleans, LA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - New Orleans - Best Restaurants in Central Business District ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - New Orleans reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)romantic (31)great for lunch (29)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (24)notable wine list (20)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (15)neighborhood gem (14)great for outdoor dining (11)scenic view (10)late-night find (7)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Outstanding consistencyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Ruth's is by far my favorite place for steak. I don't believe anyone does such a great steak so consistently. I always know what I will get. The ribeye just melts in your mouth. The service is generally as good as the steak. On this night it was definitely as good as the steak. The anniversary decorations on the table were a very nice touch and appreciated.Special Features:
- KuttinupDined on 10/4/2014Our food as always been great!!! The Scallops were wonderful also te chop salad to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it once wasglobalsalesmanagerDined on 9/30/2014I've eaten in Ruth's Chris locations all around the US, starting with the Philly location back in the late 1980s. While some locations were better than others, they always provided a superior meal with a great, old-school prime steakhouse atmosphere with unparalleled service. The service is still there, but the food isn't. My last 3 experiences (Vegas, Granger IN and this one in New Orleans) just haven't cut it for the money. The one in Granger and NOLA were under the new menu, and it isn't a patch on the old one. The wine list is also now sub-par. This time I did a Maine lobster. It wasn't entirely overdone, but the crusher claw was rubberized at the tip and the legs were burnt. That is simply unacceptable in a $75 main course.Special Features:
- Delicious as alwaysRZfromOKDined on 9/28/2014I've visited the Ruth's Chris in Vegas, so definitely recommended it for our group in New Orleans. Dinner was wonderful. It was many in our group's first time and everyone commented how perfect the steaks were cooked. We each ordered from the Ruth's Classics menu and there was more than enough food to go around. Service was wonderful and we always felt taken care of.Special Features:
- Simply the bestAboveavgdiningDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 11th wedding anniversary and we had a fabulous time. Our server Joe, was courteous, knowledgeable, and did a heck of a job with the presentation of our delicious meal. We definitely recommend Ruth ' s Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJoristDined on 9/27/2014We really enjoyed the food and service here. This location is much more comfortable than theIr Metairie restaurant. While all of the steaks were great, the grilled shrimp could of used a LOT more seasoning. This restaurant serves the BEST bread pudding dessert anywhere. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- AmazingashleydDined on 9/13/2014I took my girlfriend here for a special romantic dinner and the service was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HmmmmramseywouldhavediedDined on 9/13/2014Service was great. The chicken I ordered came raw. They went out of there way to make it better. But still concerns me that a place like this could send out raw chicken. And I am not talking just undercooked. I am talking about raw chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeenThereBeenThereDined on 9/13/2014Went during restaurant week for a great deal! The petite filet was tender& cooked to perfection. Salad was fresh. Sides were Spinach Madeleine & garlic mashed potatoes. Both were flavorful & wonderful compliment to steaks. We sat in glassed room & enjoyed the sunny afternoon & watching the activity on Fulton St. Service was very professional. Didn't order cocktails . Would have been expensive if not restaurant week. Even at full price, would have been well- worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!LuvNOLADined on 9/11/2014Courteous, friendly staff. Very attentive. Food was remarkable. Had a salad with wonderful blue cheese dressing, a sizzling filet, and incredible creamed spinach. Planning to go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLA Ruth Chris is awesomemshcDined on 9/8/2014The petite filet mignon melts in your mouth! Absolutely delightful. The gumbo on on point.I enjoyed the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysjackieVIPDined on 9/8/2014First time in the in-door private area (like dining outside without heat). Went for We Live to Eat Week and it was a fabulous menu and everything was great. Great steaks, love the spinach au gratin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightwasteoftimeVIPDined on 9/7/2014The food and service were awesome as always! The bar does tend to get loud, but that doesn't bother us. The filet and lobster was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Chris on a Sat. nightVDAYREVIEWERDined on 9/6/2014Very busy and noisy. Drunk guy at table behind us was using loud, foul language all night. Made for an unpleasant experience, despite the always good food.Special Features:
- RC downtownmacsDined on 9/6/2014Osso bucco ravioli was very good. Steak was good but a bit mushySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A NOLA FavoritedoxiemommaVIPDined on 9/1/2014Had a wonderful meal at the Ruth's Chris location at Harrah's in NOLA. I had French onion soup and petite filet for a main course which was cooked to perfection. Came out sizzling hot on a 500 degree plate. Wow, fantastic!! My husband had BBQ shrimp which is a little different recipe than a traditional NOLA BBQ shrimp using butter rather than oil as a base for the sauce. For his entree he had the special which was Caribbean spiny lobster from Peru. Best lobster ever, sweet and succulent. Shared a couple of scoops of ice cream for dessert. Service was awesome.....ask for Michelle. She's a jewel!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestSouthernCommandVIPDined on 8/31/2014Definitely one of the best in the entire chain. Steaks better, service better and great location.Special Features:
- Is it Really Worth it?FoodDudeDined on 8/29/2014First experience at Ruth's Chris. Anniversary dinner while visiting New Orleans. Being New Orleans, already had experienced some very fine cuisine and were excited to finally experience RC. Ambiance - very nice. Service - exceptional. BBQ shrimp appetizer; good but didn't live up to the reputation communicated to us. My wife had the 11oz fillet - tender but not the most tasty. I had the 5oz fillet and 5oz lobster tail. Steak was very tasty and tender; the lobster tail, however, was over-cooked & rubbery. The veggies that we ordered were good. Flavors should really stand out when dropping close to 2 bills. That didn't happen. Over all, would we go back again? Our belief is that we've had as good or better for for less money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Special!!DessaDined on 8/16/2014It was excellent as usual!! Glad we were in the rear of the dining rooms as the front was quite a bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014They always have good food, good service and take good care of us.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014The food was amazing, waiter was a little obnoxious , I sat in the booth with curtains to make it a little more intimate , randomly i would get a head stuck in every 5-10 , I get that you want to make sure I'm enjoying my meal, but geeesh! LOL Overall it was a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014WAY WAY TOO LOUD. None at the table could finish the meal due to the noise. For noise level you should have a category other than energetic - like obscene.
- Delish!CanuckFoodieWannabeDined on 8/3/2014Great dining experience. Service was terrific. Wait staff went out of their way to ensure our dietary restrictions were met. Food was fantastic. Portion sizes too large, and quite expensive but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/27/2014Steak, the 16 oz ribeye, was salty and undercooked. Actually was better the next night for leftovers. However, the veal ravioli was delicious and the service was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Steaks.Blessings2014Dined on 7/19/2014Overall amazing. The food have me wanting more, the wait staff was so pleasent and was a great ending to a perfect Wedding Anniversary. I have to return "just because" of your quality in everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentjackieVIPDined on 7/14/2014Everything was excellent as usual. Connie is a wonderful server and I always ask for her. Never disappointed. Went for lunch. Great for happy hour too and or course dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service should be much better!NewOrleansFoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Had "Steak Night" with a friend at Ruth's Chris. The food was VERY Good; Crab Stuffed Mushrooms, the Gumbo, the Steaks & Sides; everything. HOWEVER, the service was a DISASTER! Wait staff should be re-trained to be observant and without being obtrusive. Hints; 1) please don't bring the steaks to the table 5 minutes after you've brought the Gumbo, appetizers; 2) whoever brings the food to the table should check to see if everyone has necessary silverware; 3) if it is "not your station," then please find appropriate waitress for the patron who is looking for silverware, his lost order of wine, or their missing side orders. It is what makes the difference between a pleasant dining experience and just a night at a casino hotel restaurant.
- Always Great - But Stop the E-Smokebmb0877VIPDined on 7/9/2014This is by far one of our favorite restaurants and have been huge fans for years - their steaks are simply in their own category. I was, however, dismayed this time by their allowing guests to use electronic cigarettes. I know they have no smell but until research is actually performed on them and the FDA weighs in, as far as I'm concerned they should not be allowed in restaurants that are required to ban cigarettes (those required by state law).I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreattexasjayDined on 7/6/2014The steak and service were awesome! The server was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/1/2014Was a little disappointed that the lunch specials weren't offered. Other than that, everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 396 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - New Orleans reviews archive.
- DinnerCaliDined on 6/21/2014I took my husband there for his birthday, as I've been to Ruth's Chris restaurants in other states. First we were seated next to a table of 20, very loud people. I said this was not acceptable and the person was a bit rude about moving my table, even though I had said it was a special occasion in my reservation. Service was great after our initial seating. HOWEVER, this was a horrible meal. The filet was extremely gamey and the lobster was tough! My husbands cowboy cut had no taste. I spent 200 and expected a decent meal. I was very, very disappointed and will not be coming here again, despite excellent servers.
- Five Star Dining ExperiencermscottDined on 6/21/2014This is not the first time at this location of Ruth's Chris and it didn't disappoint. From the valet parking, to the concierge and the waiter, the experience was outstanding. The sevice was excellent throughout the evening and we did not feel as if we were being rushed. The food was superior, as always. I would highly recommend the Ruth's Classic menu which features a four course meal for a fixed price. Whether you are craving steak, chicken or seafood, there are selections available for your taste. Included is the appetizer, entree, one side and desert. Best value for your dollar. Once dinner is finished, the entertainment options on Fulton St. are numerous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stephOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014consistently great! perfect location. Lots to do all around within walking distanceSpecial Features:
- Great for everyone in the familyTopshelfboozeguyDined on 6/15/2014We had a great Father's Day lunch with my daughter and both of my in-laws. Everyone enjoyed themselves and had some great steaks.Special Features:
- smftsosfDined on 6/13/2014Ruth Chris is an occasion restaurant for us. Overall, the experience was very good. Steak was excellent. Yet, the the hostesses were less than friendly and inviting. We were sat at a table next to the kitchen door, which squeak so loud that we asked to move to another table which they accommodated. We really enjoy the lobster bisque and they were accommodating by allowing us to split it into 2 cups yet the soup was lukewarm. Tasty but lukewarm. I ordered a salad and the lettuce was not as fresh as it could've been. I ordered the fillet mignon and it came out piping hot was very tender and extremely tasty and perfectly cooked. Our servers and wait persons did a wonderful job and more attentive and kind and friendly.Special Features:
- TonyDined on 6/1/2014Everything was wonderful. Been eating at Ruth's for years, and finally found something I did not care for - broiled tomato. Everything else was fabulous.Special Features:
- Great service and food!CosmoonaDined on 5/12/2014Ruth Chris has a great reputation for the best steaks and we were not disappointed. The lemon martinis were the best! Service was fantastic. The restaurant is very convenient for Harrahs guests and is a great choice while visiting the big easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic steaksWooferatorDined on 5/12/2014Nobody makes a better steak than Ruth's Chris. Probably the butter because butter makes everything better. Everything else was fantastic. The only thing that surprises is me is how boring Ruth's Chris bread is. Capital Grille offers several types of rolls and flatbreads instead of one simple, banal italian bread. Oh well. By not filling up on bread I was able to leave room for the meat.Special Features:
- consistency!TravisLHoustonVIPDined on 5/11/2014Ruth's Chris is always consistent. You know what you're getting from the moment you walk in! Perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice diningNiceDined on 5/10/2014Ruth's Chris is nice for a special occasion. A la carte items on the menu. Very good crab cakes. The broiled salmon w/crabmeat topping was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.