Ruth's Chris Steak House - Calgary
Suite #294, 115 - 9th Ave SE
Plus15 level at the Calgary Tower
Calgary, AB T2P 0G5Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Calgary
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschrisalberta.calgary/
- Phone: 4032463636x
- Hours of Operation:
Ruth's Chris Steak House Calgary is open for Lunch Monday through Friday 11:30am to 2:00pm Dinner. We are open for Dinner every night of the week. Dinner hours are Monday to Saturday 5:00pm to 10:30pm and Sundays 4:00pm to 9:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: At Ruth’s Chris Steak House Calgary, we offer a unique dining environment that can be utilized for a variety of different needs. The Mahogany Room and Renaissance Room can accommodate 10 to 24 people and are perfect for meetings, family gatherings, and birthday parties. Whereas the Great Room, the Lounge, and the Main Dining Room can accommodate 25 to 200 people and are ideal for larger group presentations, weddings, and cocktail receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Leigh Pukin (General Manager) 4032463636x
- Cross Street: 9th Avenue South and Centre Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Ruth's Chris Steak House Calgary now pays for your parking!!! If you dine in the restaurant after 5:00 pm or on the weekends, we'll cover your parking charge from the Palliser Parkade. Accesses off of 9th or 10th avenue, park in Palliser West, take the elevator to the second level, and we are right outside the elevator doors!
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Calgary
When you visit Ruth's Chris, you soon understand that this is no ordinary restaurant. From the U.S. & ALBERTA Prime steaks, broiled to perfection at 1800 degrees, to the expertly executed seafood, New Orleans-inspired appetizers, unforgettable desserts and exceptional level of service, this is a steakhouse to which others aspire. Ruth’s Chris Steak House Calgary is in the heart of downtown, conveniently located on the second floor at the base of the Calgary Tower, just one block south of Stephen Avenue pedestrian mall. Along with our a la carte menu, and our complete menu with complete entrees starting at $25, we have some great feature nights as well; Prime Family Time Sundays offering ALBERTA certified prime, Prime Rib, and Wednesday night delight, where two can dine for $99. Whether it is for a romantic dinner for two, an important business luncheon, or a quick dinner before the big game, Ruth’s Chris Steak House will give an experience that “SIZZLES”!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Calgary - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Calgary reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)romantic (62)fit for foodies (47)notable wine list (43)scenic view (29)good for groups (28)great for lunch (16)kid-friendly (11)neighborhood gem (10)late-night find (8)hot spot (8)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Anniversary dinnerFreddyDined on 9/18/2014Steak was marvellous! Appetizers were very good. Sides could have been hotter. Disappointed that we sat for 10 mins at our table without being approached and given water or taking a drink order. The bus boy needed to ask us if we had be helped yet and the maitr de had to send our waiter to our table. Once we were finally taken care of the service was good.Special Features:
- Went for steakBrlhxDined on 9/14/2014I went to Ruth's Chris for steak and end up having scallops...and they were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinerscrystalx10Dined on 9/13/2014As a first time diner at Ruth's Chris, the food was exceptional!!!!!!!!! However the price, OMG absolutely outrageous! 2 people 2 dine with a good steak and scallops and a cocktail $110.00 Each. This is definitely for the wealthy or that very special occasion you can save up for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and good food.RobbyDined on 9/11/2014Was impressed with our wonderful waitress. The floor manager stopped by to make sure all was well and that we were happy. I realize that USDA Prime meat is their big selling point internationaly but, I prefer grass finished (Alberta) beef. Hence the four star. This is the home of the best beef in Canada after all. There are ample side dishes available and all is family style. Really like the (very) hot plates so that your meal stays hot while you enjoy the wine and conversation. It also is handy to the Palliser hotel and gets its share of VIPs.Special Features:
- Great restaurantFoodie05Dined on 9/4/2014Food is always terrific, service a but slow but still very good. Would definitely recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpeobanfatcatDined on 9/3/2014Service for the most discriminating diners and food that you couldn't fault. If you want a wonderful dining experience this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!Px520Dined on 9/3/2014Just as how I expected, wonderful steaks, great taste. Have never been disappointed by Ruth's Chris calgary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The evening did not disappoint.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014This was the best steak I have had at a restaurant in a while. I love the way the sides are served - just right for sharing family style, the the sizzling hot plates make such a difference. The meal was fantastic, and the subject of conversation of our guests for the entire weekend.Special Features:
- Great anniversary event!Px520Dined on 8/29/2014Everything was so wonderful! The service was great! The quality of food was outstanding! The steaks were definitely cooked professionally! We loved everything we had! Thanks to Ruth's Chris for giving us a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect anniversary locationNopnuts1Dined on 8/28/2014We really enjoyed our time at Ruth's Chris, our server accommodated my allergies and was very knowledgable about the menu. The speed of service was amazing as each dish took only a few minutes. The tables are very long which can make it hard to hear one another, but this is to make room for the food and drinks. The steaks were cooked perfectly and I doubt any other resturaunt could match their speed of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to usual standardOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Have been to many Ruth's across US This one not up to standard The potatoes au gratin were runny - basically just overwhelmed in partially melted cheese The berries with cream should have been advertised as cream with very few berries The steak was good and the service good However for the price you pay you expect all aspects of meal to be "perfect"
- Special BirthdayrhshawnDined on 8/28/2014We celebrated our son's 19th birthday here - always great food, service, ambiance, etc. I wish I could remember server's name, but he was great! Nice small touches for birthday person - and an awesome complementary dessert! Thanx Ruth's Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calgary is betterGeorgeDined on 8/27/2014We have been to other Ruth's Chris in NA. So far Calgary is the best. Also nice that they have responded to local demand and serve AB beef in addition to the same-old-same-old USDA. Serving staff is mature and courteous.Special Features:
- Great food! Best steaks.Px520Dined on 8/27/2014They definitely have the best steaks ever, service was great, food was fantastic. I dined in at a lot places, Ruth's Chris definitely deserves the best restaurant in calgary. Also they have a great portion for the price. I've been to Ruth's Chris Calgary more than 10 times and I'm never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceKshortDined on 8/26/2014Went to Ruth Chris with my wife. Richard was our server and he was an expert on everything on the menu. The steak and sides were amazing. Will be going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Seasonal Menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/26/2014Always have an amazing experience at Ruth's Chris. Food this time was outstanding! Their seasonal menu was so good looking, we only ordered from it. Tomahawk steak (Canadian grain fed) was more than enough for 2 people and super tender and just amazing! Lobster mac and cheese... do I need to say more? Actually it should be on their regular menu! And the sauted wild mushrooms were very good too. Debatable if the regular mushrooms are better (much bigger pieces), but both are still perfect! They always do something special for birthday's too. =) Can't go wrong with Ruth's Chris for steak and a special occasion! Just might have to pay for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingmartyDined on 8/23/2014It has been over 2 weeks since I ate here on anniversary date, however I am still thinking about the food I had. At first I was questioning my choice to eat at an American chain for a special occasion but the food blew away my expectations. I believe they have food specific for Alberta as I had a AAA Alberta bone in Filet Mignon. Service was top class.Special Features:
- Great steak!DerekDined on 8/18/2014Been here many times, always fantastic! Expensive but always a nice treat!Special Features:
- Best Steak Ever!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014First time to Ruth's Chris steak house, the whole experience was fantastic from start to finish. Our waiter Jordan was very helpful and professional. He took the time to go through the menu and explained some differences and Ruth's. Our booth was large and comfortable and it was cool being able to look up centre street from the restaruant. The Food was fantastic!! The Best steak I've ever tasted. AAA Alberta beef, melted in my mouth, not a need for any extra seasoning or steak sauce. Loved the super hot plate that kept my steak warm throughout the meal!! My wife had the salmon and mother had the crab legs which both were great. Loved everything, except a bit pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very best SteakTammyDined on 8/14/2014The dining experience is like no other. You must try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Possibly the best steak worldwide.LeiaDined on 8/10/2014Upon entrance we were greeted and seated immediately. Some of the friendliest and courteous staff were there to educate, serve, and overall create the best dining experience I have, by far, ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpectedhonestfantomDined on 8/9/2014The food quality and service were exemplary. The view was abysmal and if it weren't for the company, the $200 price tag would not have been worth it. Honestly, in what scenario would a 10 oz steak, a small steak, scalloped potatoes and three 6 oz glasses of medium quality wine come to that much?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner saturday nightkitsrushDined on 8/9/2014Excellent service from the minute we arrived to us leaving. Food was excellent server explained menu and what we ordered did not dissappoint would highly reccommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but expensiveLandGPDined on 8/7/2014the food was very good. they do steaks like nobody's business. however, extremely expensive. you can only go there if the company's buying or once a year, at most. there are no sides included with the entree. don't forget that because the addition of sides adds greatly to the price.Special Features:
- A++++simpDined on 8/7/2014Great place, huge portions, and very romantic with a beautiful city view.Special Features:
- Good service - Food needed re-fireCapnTDined on 8/4/2014Unfortunately one of the steaks twice came back severely undercooked (purple raw) - a new steak was provided to the correct temperature on the third attempt. Was told that there was somebody new to the broiler working as the main broiler chef was off. Not the greatest excuse but we were provided with a full replacement of our side dishes as well as desserts for everybody on the house. In the end worked out nicely.Special Features:
- Exceptional as always!Stella1313VIPDined on 8/2/2014New things on the menu and same old favorites! Always a wonderful meal and incredible service! Loved the Mexican soup and Lobster Mac and Cheese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Look Forward to Dining HereBigKahunaDined on 8/2/2014We always look forward to our time at this restaurant. Even the fish and poultry dishes are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent2gooddinningDined on 8/1/2014I took my friend out for her birthday and we both loved it. We both thought "the best steak every" Its is a bit pricier then I expected but it's worth the extra dollars. Our experience was really great. The staff were very pleasant and courteous. I would definitely go there again. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!SteakBuff77Dined on 8/1/2014A little pricey, wouldn't eat here on a regular basis but it's a fantastic place for special occasions. The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely wonderful....alwaysbellaangelDined on 7/25/2014We just love Ruth Chris' s. We have never been disappointed. The quality of the food and service is consistent. Thank you to the chefs and servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicetarabearaDined on 7/23/2014Ruth's Chris has both amazing food and amazing service. Our meal was delicious and the service was by far the best I have received in a long time. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!strangerDined on 7/20/2014We went for our anniversary and had an amazing meal! The food and service was excellent!Special Features:
- Fantastic SteakhouseBigKahunaDined on 7/19/2014When ever we need to go for a great steak experience we go to Ruth's Chris. I tried the halibut and the wife had the petite filet and they were truly delicious. The view of the city was nice. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014The restaurant knew we were celebrating my son's birthday and when we arrived, our reserved table was sprinkled with "birthday" party decals. What a nice touch! The evening only hot better. Great service, exceptional food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerPaulDined on 7/12/2014Pretty much the same as any other Ruths Chris, which is what makes it attractive to us. Nice to know what to expect. The only negative comment I would make is that the elevated platform is noisy when people walk by. Adam was our server, and did a fine job. It was interesting that we were in the restaurant one year ago, and he served us then and we remembered one another. That doesn't happen often. Good to see continuity with employees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Calgary SteakhouseCvdWDined on 7/11/2014Situated in the Calgary Tower in downtown Calgary, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse serve some of the best, if not the best, steaks in town. Steaks are cooked to perfection and cuts of meat are carefully selected and prepared. Side-orders are well selected and even better prepared. The waiters are highly knowledgable about the menu and the extensive, well selected albeit slightly pricy, wine list. The quality of the food is consistently high and in the three years past, I've not had a disappointing experience - whether it was for smaller, private dinners or larger work-related functions. Love the private, professional ambiance. A bucket-list item for any visit to Calgary.Special Features:
- Delicious steakAnnaDined on 7/9/2014We went here for the Wednesday night date menu. It was perhaps the best steak I've had in a long time (petit filet - medium rare). My spouse had the stuffed chicken which was perfectly prepared and flavourful. We would definitely return and recommend to others.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food and EnvironmentBigMacDined on 6/27/2014This restaurant has always surpassed my expectations in the amazing flavour, juiciness, and tenderness of their steaks. It is an experience to even taste one of their finest cuts. However the experience does not stop there. Everything from their garlic bread to their cake is made professionally and is absolutely delectable. A proper review of Ruth's Chris would not be complete without a word about their staff. The staff has consistently been incredibly friendly and personable. They are always joking and fun while providing a first class dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth the MoneyHonestOpinionDined on 6/26/2014My medium-well steak was charred outside which made the baseball-cut steak very uneven to eat. I had to ask the manager to top up my water, perhaps none of the four server assistants and the server herself, can keep track of our water choices. Also, it would be nice to let the guest know that the sparkling water will be an addition on the bill. Some of us would rather invest in a couple of glasses of wine instead of a bottle of San Pellegrino. Our side dishes were sautéed mushrooms and mash potatoes. They were very bland, but went well with the heavily seasoned main courses. No complaints on dessert, the gluten-free chocolate espresso cake is supurb. Unless someone can convince me on a great dish, I will not try this again.