18811 Highland Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70809Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruffinosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2257533458
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: from 4:30pm
Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Italian
- Executive Chef: Peter Sclafani
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ruffino's offers three fabulous rooms for your party or event:
The Vino Room; The Ruffino Room; The Chianti Room.
We specialize in company meetings, rehearsal dinners, pharmaceutical presentations, award ceremonies, birthday, anniversary or retirement celebrations & we can accommodate almost every event.
- Private Party Contact: Private Dining Manager 2257533458
- Special Events: Ruffino's offers three fabulous rooms for your party or event: The Vino Room; The Ruffino Room; The Chianti Room. Our rooms can accommodate 20-125 guests. Contact Howard Walker at 225-916-6400 or email email@example.com
We specialize in company meetings, rehearsal dinners, pharmaceutical presentations, award ceremonies, birthday, anniversary or retirement celebrations, and we can accommodate almost every event.
A word from Ruffino's
What do you get when you combine the talents of a former LSU lineman and a New Orleans-born Italian chef? The energy, passion & creativity that has produced the area’s only Italian-Creole fusion restaurant, raising the bar for Baton Rouge dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruffino's - Best Restaurants in Baton Rouge ›
Ruffino's reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)romantic (37)good for groups (29)notable wine list (27)fit for foodies (18)hot spot (17)neighborhood gem (14)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Me and my wife love Ruffino's. The only time we get to go is for special things, but it's our first choice when it's our anniversary, birthday, ect. Never had a bad meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Our girls night out was WONDERFUL. If you are trying to decide whether to go or not...do it. Its worth it.Special Features:
- Great Restaurantbanner28Dined on 8/22/2014The food and service was A+++++. Nice scenery and excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, poor serviceLobsterfestDined on 8/19/2014Went for the Lobster Fest. The food was excellent, but our waiter did a terrible job. He (Darryl) was inattentive. The 2 bus boys (one very tall and the one with an eyepatch) tried to save the day but apparently did not have the authority they needed. Would like to have ordered a second round of cocktails, but was never given the opportunity. Had to ask the bus boy to serve our dessert. Had to ask the bus boy to get the waiter. Then had to ask the waiter for the check. Even after this, the waiter did not return to our table but sent the bus boy with our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!talgeroDined on 8/17/2014Made the reservation for 9 pm, not knowing that they close at 9. (why is that an option?) But they still accommodated us nicely and the food was as fantastic as their reputation suggests.Special Features:
- Fantastic Evening (Again)!BuckInTigerLandDined on 8/17/2014For the second time in as many weeks my wife and I had a wonderful experience at Ruffino's. The food was fantastic, the recommendations on wine, specialty drinks, appetizers (the Crabmeat cheesecake is as advertised and the braised pork cheeks with butternut squash purée and bacon jam is the best appetizer we have every eaten anywhere!) and entrees by our waiters/waitresses were all perfect. Our new favorite restaurant in Baton Rouge! I cannot say enough good about Ruffino's and am looking forward to our next date night there!Special Features:
- Lobster nightmomoDined on 8/12/2014Loved appetizer and dessert but lobster filet mignonette was ok nothing spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Wife had a filet that was undercooked and not seasoned at all. I had the meatballs and spaghetti, meatballs had no texture to them and felt like I was eating a pile of mush. Definetly not worth the $100 bill that I spent. This was my first time dining at ruffinos and probably my last.Special Features:
- Staff was very kindSmarterWineDined on 8/4/2014My girlfriend and I had come here for our 2 year anniversary. Although the food was a bit slow, we didn't mind because we wanted the time to talk and enjoy the night anyway. The drinks came quickly, I had myself an old fashioned and she had a pineapple amaretto. The food was just okay when it did come out I had veal Parmesan and she had the spaghetti and meatballs. Although many people complained about the food in reviews, I thought it was fine and above average. If you are here to just enjoy the food, you might be a little disappointed because of the price. However, if you are here to enjoy the atmosphere, the kind staff, and just spending time with your significant other, I think it is the perfect place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly disappointedSamsMom2VIPDined on 8/1/2014We've been to Ruffino's a number of times and have always been impressed with the food. I remember dining there Valentine's Day weekend and my fish entree was incredible!! However, I was disapponited with the lack of flavor in the food this time. The scallops entree was tasteless, and both of our fish entrees (one from the specials menu, and the other was the Amberjack), both were disappointing. On a good note- service was impeccable, and our white chocolate brownie dessert was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my favorite placekajunladyDined on 7/31/2014Ruffino's is our favorite place to eat. Tge atmosphere and services are excellent. I recommend this restaurant to everyone and we have introduced lots of people to it . It's tge bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime rib SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014I had the blackened prime rib special. For a normally good restaurant this was not up to my expectations. The cut was terrible. I could barely cut it and the blackened seasoning made it too salty. My wife's fish was very good, so it did help make up for my selection.Special Features:
- Made Birthday Celebration SpecialHappyDinerDined on 7/26/2014The food, wine, service and ambience were all outstanding! It made for a great Birthday Celebration for my daughter and our entire family.Special Features:
- Great findLNCPHEDined on 7/24/2014This is a great spotsny day of the week. Great food great service. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary DinnerBL27Dined on 7/24/2014Food was outstanding, atmosphere was just what we were looking for, and the complimentary cotton candy for dessert (in addition to the white chocolate bread pudding we ordered that was phenomenal) was a pleasant and whimsical surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014One of the best restaurants any where and I have dined in some of the best in New Orleans, Baton Rouge and in other states and countriedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOutlaw9Dined on 7/17/2014The experience was excellent, more loud and busy, but the place was packed. That is understandable. Had three people waiting on us which was great and the food and wine was excellent. The waiter and waitresses constantly attended to us which meant we never had a empty glass or wanted for anything. Being able to make a reservation moved us to the front of the line and when I told the maitre de we had reservations, pulled it up and we were seated immediately. A great experience. Sinatra singing on the sound system is an added plus.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceHuntandhalterDined on 7/2/2014Online reservation was easy to make. Food and servers were excellent. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014This was a great dining experience. My wife and I have gone to Ruffino's several times, and each time has been memorable. It is nice to go to a restaraunt where the bartenders can actually make classic drinks properly: I had ordered a Maker's Manhattan. Also, the Amberjack with the blueberry sauce was superb; it was both flavorful and light. A wonderful time with excellent waitstaff!Special Features:
- VERY Noisey!HollyBVIPDined on 6/28/2014We were a table of four, sandwiched between a table of 11 and, across the walkway, another larger table with a child that was not being controlled! We seriously, couldn't hear the person on the side of us, much less the person across the table. Other than the noise level, the food and service was good. And, our waiter was taking care of the table of 11, too! He did a good job!Special Features:
- Mixed reviewdinerDined on 6/27/2014I've dined at Ruffino's a few times prior to this visit, and I noticed an increase in the pricing with a downsize in the portions. Salads use to come with certain entrees and don't anymore. I find it very loud in the restaurant, too. This can deter from a nice dinner out on a date, but can work in your favor if you're out with a group of friends. I found the large TV showing Nascar in the dining and bar area to be a distraction from the high quality restaurant Ruffino's tries to claim. The food surpasses the ambiance and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Wonderful AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014This was a great restaurant with a wonderful waitstaff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnercakeDined on 6/21/2014pleasant atmosphere with good food....appetizers were exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, but noise a bit muchCritterluvDined on 6/19/2014The food was, as usual, excellent from appetizer through salad and entree. However, this time there were too many large groups and they were very noisy. My husband and I, and others I noted, were "sandwiched" between groups. We could barely hear one another talk. Maybe Ruffino's needs to put large groups together in the large meeting/special occasion room they have so small groups don't feel crowded out.Special Features:
- We Love Ruffino's!dlt8469Dined on 6/15/2014Excellent food and atmosphere. Best filet in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just ItalianCarolVIPDined on 6/13/2014Ruffino's excels with both their food and their service. Seafood choices are equally good choices as are the Italian offerings. Our group had veal, shrimp, scallops, steak.Special Features:
- SlippingSlippingDined on 6/12/2014We've been Ruffino's lovers for quite sometime. Have always had almost perfect experiences with the wait staff, food and ambiance. We dined last week and found that things are just not the same. Instead of one waiter, we had three. This sounds as though it would make for improved attention, but in fact it made it difficult for the 'team' to be in sync with requests. We felt rushed as the waitperson had prepared the bill and was not happy when we asked for coffees. All food except the salads was great. We were led to believe that the salads were small dinner salads, but the plates of salad were huge, the amount of dressing was in excess and the lettuce was very cold. They seem to be slipping a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointingrachelmDined on 6/7/2014Food was great as always, but the service was terrible. We were there for a very special occasion, and the waitstaff hurried us through our entire meal. If I am paying premium price at a restaurant, I'd like to enjoy it for longer than an hour. Start to finish we were out the door in 54 minutes. I would also like to state the restaurant was empty, so there was no rush to hurry and turn the table. I used to love Ruffinos, but doubtful I will be back.
- Wonderful Steaks!LaVaughanDined on 6/6/2014Steaks were fantastic. The fish was ok. Not worth $39. Had a bunch of small bones, be careful. Service was great except we felt kinda Rushed. That's why over all 4 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love dining hereZadokkDined on 6/2/2014My wife and I eat here for special occasions and we are always happy with out choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and friendly serviceIndyDined on 5/31/2014very good menue. Food was great and had authentic Itailian dishes and much much more. Great place for dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014Great restaurant !!!! Food was outstanding --- Service was excellentSpecial Features:
- GreatLNCPHEDined on 5/28/2014Great restaurant, great food, great service. Will absolutely be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite resturant in Baton Rouge!FavoriteplacetoeatDined on 5/19/2014My husband and I eat at Ruffino's every year for our anniversary. The food and service is always wonderful. They always bring out special mini dishes that the chef has prepared for us to try. There is always something on the table to eat before our main dish arrives. Love love love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!ZakkDined on 5/11/2014Thanks guys for a awesome Mothers Day dinner the food the service just awesome!!!!Special Features:
- Never Bad!Tmcdon05Dined on 5/10/2014We usually choose Ruffino's for special occasions and have never been disappointed. Food is always great and staff is always attentive, but not to the point of bothersome. Table near us had some louder patrons, but that usually is not the case. Anything on the menu is great, haven't found a dish yet that we didn't like. Special occasions are better at Ruffino's!Special Features:
- 37th wedding anniversary37years2getherluvDined on 5/6/2014We celebrated our 37th wedding anniversary here and it was a wonderful dining experience. I highly recommend this place. The wait staff was awesome, warm and friendly, which made our dining experience even more memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 210 reviews are from the Ruffino's reviews archive.
- Great Italian FoodGoombahDined on 4/23/2014It's been nine years since our last visit and Ruffinos is still as good as it was. The servic and food were too notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerAwayigoDined on 4/15/2014We always choose Ruffinos for our after work (4-6 people) to meet and eat. Great service and food always top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to betterRickyDined on 4/2/2014Got sat in the bar when there was plenty of room in the dinning room and it was very loud. The food was good but it used to be better. Also the bathrooms where not clean.Special Features: