2165 W Burnside
Portland, OR 97210Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
RingSide Steakhouse - Uptown
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ringsidesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5032231513
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm,
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am,
Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Beau Carr
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: While there is no live entertainment, many diners praise the ambiance and how it is enhanced by background music from the American songbook of popular great standards.
- Cross Street: NW 22nd
- Public Transit: Walking distance from/to PGE Park MAX Station (renamed Jeld-Wen Field).
Bus Routes: 15-Belmont/NW 23rd, 18-Hillside & 20-Burnside/Stark
Tri-met Stop ID 747 at W Burnside & NW King in Portland Westbound.
Tri-met Stop ID 749 W Burnside & SW 21st in Portland Eastbound
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer complimentary on-site valet parking. Street parking is available although limited
With more than 65 years of continuous family ownership, RingSide Steakhouse Downtown is a legend in the world of steakhouses.
Start with RingSide's world famous onion rings...a recipe that is a closely held family secret. Select a steak from a menu offering USDA Prime & Certified Angus Beef NW Natural steaks dry-aged on-premise.
Choose a wine from more than 700 labels. WINE SPECTATOR has recognized RingSide Steakhouse yearly with its BEST OF AWARD OF EXCELLENCE SINCE 2001.
RingSide is a prime example of a award winning steakhouse; AMERICA'S TOP TEN STEAKHOUSE HALL OF FAME; GREAT STEAK HOUSES OF NORTH AMERICA; WINE SPECTATOR'S BEST OF AWARD OF EXCELLENCE AND THE DiRoNA AWARD
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
- All around great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The steaks were tender and tasty, fixed the way we like; the corn was wonderful and the baked spinach delightful. We had a 7:00 PM reservation, arrived on time and were seated without delay. All the help did a superb job: the valet, hostess, waiter and busboy. I recommend the Ringside without exception.Special Features:
- Excellent!SanDiegoChrisVIPDined on 8/30/2014We had a great experience at Ringside. It was the best dinner of our recent trip to Portland. Hopefully the chef will make the lobster mashed potatoes a permanent feature on the menu. They were amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Having lived in the PDX area for many years in the late 70s and 80s, and having gone to the Ringside many times, and each an every time I come back to visit (now live in Maui), I find this last experience probably one of the best...the remodel has turned out very nice and very comfortable...Scott was an outstanding waiter and probably made the meal as enjoyable as it was...thank you for being there all these years...DaveSpecial Features:
- Lovely mealKRearDined on 8/29/2014We were wanting a nice steak and boy, we got it! Lovely wine list and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable service and amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I've always loved Ringside - even though I'm a vegetarian - because their service is impeccable. I had a wonderful heirloom tomato salad and their chefs are willing to pull together many vegetarian options. Fantastic wine list and decadent cocktails. This is my go-to for special occasions (birthday, anniversary, etc.)Special Features:
- Great Time!foodfanDined on 8/28/2014We have been going to Ringside for many, many years, but it seems to me that our last few times have been even better. On our most recent visit, our server, Molly, was fantastic. She went way beyond the norm for service.Special Features:
- Perfectly cooked filet mignonfudgbugDined on 8/27/2014Great food and service. The onion rings were crisp and lightly battered. The filet migon and prime rib was perfectly cooked as requested at medium rare and had great flavor!
- Dining like RoyaltyCinnamonTwistDined on 8/26/2014From the onion rings to the salmon and steak, every morsel was worth savoring. The service was impeccable. Our comfortable booth was private without being too closed-in. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysEpicuriousDined on 8/25/2014Celebrated our anniversary and enjoyed our meal very much. Excellent, friendly service; delicious food, cooked just as we requested; indulged in the best onion rings in Portland. The Ringside did not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- for a special occasionforgotmywalletDined on 8/25/2014We went to celebrate our 40th Anniversary and wanted it to be very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portland classicKdubpdxDined on 8/24/2014Classic Portland steakhouse. We had reservations, but found ourselves in the neighborhood 45 min. early. They were very accomodating and seated us right away (it was early evening on a Sunday, don't know if that would have worked later on when the place filled up.) My steak was excellent as were all of the other things I ordered. My wife went with seafood and said it was just OK. My only complaint would be that the portions of some items are just too big. We had to have the legendary onion rings, but even the small order is way too much for two people. Same with the side of broccoli (gotta have some veggies.) Service was top notch.Special Features:
- another great dinner!fansDined on 8/23/2014We had another great dinner Saturday night at the Ringside! We were entertaining friends from out of town and knew the Ringside was the perfect place. Great service, great food, great wine!Special Features:
- Great B-day DinnerPdxpizzaboyVIPDined on 8/22/2014¼ order of rings started things off. Always outstanding. My prime rib was excellent and my wife raved about the salmon. A great way to celebrate!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ringside always greatredmondjackDined on 8/22/2014The steaks at the Ringside are just incredible. The onion rings are actually famous. For maybe the top 10 steaks I have ever had in my life probably 1/2 of them were at the Ringside. We live in the Seattle area so we don't get there often enough, but this time we stayed at a hotel nearby just so we could eat there again. I cannot recommend that hotel though.Special Features:
- Great dining experiencefoodtoluvDined on 8/21/2014This is the place that everyone should try.. its uptown excellent steaks with "class"..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014I would like to commend our server. He was conversant, attentive, and very personable. Not pretentious. Excellent! My steak was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous - Lobster mashed potatoes!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/18/2014We had a fabulous evening. From our arrival to our departure. We were in exceptionally great hands with Scott. Great intuitive service, as well as very congenial. What can one say about the food. The onion rings, for which the Ringside is known, were excellent. as was the filets. However, the oysters on the half-shell and the lobster mashed potatoes were incredible.Special Features:
- Birthday spectacularPfunkDined on 8/16/2014Incredible rib eye, salads, desserts, apps...and absolutely spot on impeccable service.Special Features:
- AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!UnhappyJersianDined on 8/15/2014Unfortunately, I think those that have rated this establishment highly haven't been to a real steakhouse. I've just moved here from NY/NJ where there are numerous prestigious steakhouses, most of which I've eaten at (keans, Peter lugar, delmonico's etc.). Unfortunately this place fell WAY short. Got the prime rib, first cut was rubbery and chewey. Told the waitress, she brought a second piece which was slightly softer but tasteless. I've had chuck steak that was more tender than their "in-house dry aged" beef. Trying to garner a prestigious reputation by jacking up prices is not the way to go. Just sell quality beef and stop trying to be trendy. There's a reason why ACTUAL steakhouses are longstanding: because they sell good food.
- 5 star servicedivinedevineDined on 8/15/2014Great birthday celebration. Daniel, our server, was outstanding. As was the food and ambiance.Special Features:
- never disappoints!fansDined on 8/15/2014we celebrated our anniversary at the Ringside Uptown on Friday and had another wonderful evening. The service is incredible, starting with the valet parking, then to the hostess, and then to our server (Karen) and the other waitstaff. The food is terrific and our steaks were cooked perfectly. The wine list is incredible. We're taking out of town guests there next Saturday night and I can hardly wait!Special Features:
- Good dinnerringsideDined on 8/13/2014We wanted to have a really good dinner at a really special restaurant so we chose Ringside. It did not disappointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special birthday dinnerGFgalDined on 8/12/2014I have lived in Portland for six years and in the NW neighborhood for over four but this was my first meal at Ringside. I'm glad I saved it for a special occasion - taking my boyfriend who is new to Portland for his birthday. The server was very attentive, the food was great, and it was the perfect spot to celebrate with my love. I will definitely keep this in mind for special occasions in the future as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarnivorousWinoDined on 8/11/2014Ringside is always a fantastic place to dine. The food is always perfect. They have the best wait service staff in town. The wine list and the staffs knowledge of the wines is perfect. We cannot say enough good things about the Ringside downtown.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014Service was outstanding, not obtrusive. Gave great food recommendations.Special Features:
- Best Lobster in yearsBDBROUGHAMVIPDined on 8/10/2014the steak was fantastic as well but those dual tails were exceptional. good service and portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebration503PegDined on 8/10/2014We always pick Ringside to celebrate special occasions! Our last visit was for our son's 24th birthday. The food is delicious, service impeccable and parking never a problem with the valet service.Special Features:
- go4jugularDined on 8/9/2014Excellent overall experience; expensive, but one leaves feeling as if the money was well spent for the food and experience. Superlative wait staff - in particular, our waiter, Scott Long, was attentive, engaging, and informative - the best waiter I've ever had. He gave excellent food and wine suggestions, and was able to connect with our teenagers as well. I will certainly request him next time I return.Special Features:
- bfloodDined on 8/8/2014Brought my teenage daughters here Friday night while mom was out of town. Want them to see how a classy and classic restaurant works from time to time and Ringside did not disappoint. Hostess, wait staff, food were all excellent as it should be for a high dollar meal.Special Features:
- Flat Out AmazingHappyCoupleDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I have been coming to the Ringside for Happy Hour for years and finally decided to go big and have dinner. We celebrated our anniversary and it was well worth it. We are just average folk who don't have a lot of money but saved up to have a nice dinner to celebrate and we were treated with such kindness and respect. The Ringside has so much class and charm without the snobbery. And then the food... there aren't words to express how amazing everything was. I was impressed by the side salad let alone the main course. The Ringside will be a tradition for us for many years to come!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerVIPDined on 8/7/2014My first time to the steakhouse. We go to their fish house often. I prefer it since the steakhouse is very dark inside. Both have good food and great service. Steakhouse key lime pie was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ringside is fantastic!TommyLDined on 8/5/2014Ringside Steakhouse is my personal favorite restaurant in Portland. First class service, first class food, and first class wine. Obviously it's not cheap, but you can't beat it in my opinion.Special Features:
- foodfanDined on 8/3/2014We have enjoyed the Ringside for many, many years and will continue to come for many more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RossRossDined on 8/2/2014always Portland's best steakhouse....a place of great character.Special Features:
- Bathroomsteak2014Dined on 8/2/2014The ladies bathroom near the entry way was broken during business hours and needs to update to match up with the restaurant ambiance. Other than this problem, I don't see any problem. Good food and professional service satisfied my birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Extremely disappointingmissyleeVIPDined on 8/1/2014We have enjoyed The Ringside for generations in our family and our experience last week was dreadful. Will most likely never return. The bartender was terrific; the bar is always a nice spot with very efficient service. Our server was clearly not plugged in. Quality of the steaks was awful (first time that has happened there for us) and given what is being charged for red meat these days, inexcusable; the broccoli was served with what looked like faded cheese whiz drizzled over the top; server brought the wrong wine; server just didn't seem to care and it showed by his lack of attention. All of that to say, it was more than a disappointment. Simply put, perhaps The Ringside is on its way to losing it's long-held reputation. Too bad.Special Features:
- Peet49PeetDined on 7/31/2014Been going there for over 25 years and it just gets better. I plan to continue my visits there. I wish I could afford to eat there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experience!!MikeDavisBHHSTXRealtyDined on 7/30/2014We love coming to RingSide which is why we chose to celebrate our 8th anniversary there. The cajun spiced dry aged rib eye is world class and consistently beats any steak I've had at any steakhouse in the country. My wife had the halibut and it was also extraordinary. Our server William provided us with outstanding service and we will most certainly return the next time we visit Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableDeweyDined on 7/30/2014It is always has been outstanding service with top notch food quality. Our server, Leslie, just added to the enjoyment of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2014A friend and I were in from out of town and found RingSide via Open Table. The reviews were spot on. This restaurant is great if you are looking for a nice quite place to enjoy a steak, a glass of vine, and finish the night off with a great glass of scotch. The service was impeccable too. I never ran out of water at the table and the server always knew when and when not to ask us how things were going. They also did not rush us out after we finished eating which was great for two friends who had not caught up in awhile. Bottom line; if you are in Portland and want a great meal, RingSide must be your destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.