2507 S MacDill Ave
Tampa, FL 33629Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantbt.com/
- Phone: 8132581916x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Tuesday-Saturday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner Tuesday-Thursday 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Dinner Friday & Saturday 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, French, Vietnamese
- Executive Chef: B.T Nguyen-Batley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Restaurant BT
Located In the charming Palma Ceia neighborhood of Tampa, Restaurant B.T. specializes in a modern style of classic French & Vietnamese cuisines. Chef and proprietor B.T Nguyen-Batley lends her own vision to this unique fare. Drawing from her Vietnamese roots as well as her design background, she places an emphasis on presentation & decor. Sleek white plates arrive at your table adorned with edible flowers and fresh herbs accenting simple yet flavorful dishes to be enjoyed in a Zen-like atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Restaurant BT - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Restaurant BT reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)special occasion (32)neighborhood gem (30)romantic (23)notable wine list (14)great for lunch (9)good for groups (8)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Always Worth ItKevinDined on 10/25/2014I've come here a few times now and always enjoy the food. The Bo Tai Chanh is my go-to dish, but I decided to try something new. I got one of the specials and also decided to try the Peking Duck Burrito. It was really good. Everyone enjoyed their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BT'SOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/17/2014Man,do they get it right! Food & Service Excellent! Touché BT & Richard!Special Features:
- Consistently AwesomefoodyDined on 10/17/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday enthralled by the specials. The flavors are consistently special, food combinations innovative, presentations enticing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal in TampaEricVIPDined on 10/17/2014We found BT on Open Table and had to try it after reading the reviews. It was every bit as good as everyone said it was. The food choices were amazing and the whole experience was as good as it gets. A great find in tampa - surprised to find this good of a place in a bit of an out of the way location!Special Features:
- Best bites in long timeFoodieVIPDined on 10/15/2014This place is outstanding. The chef is engaged and offered suggestions for entrees. If I'm back in Tampa I'm heading hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French - VietnameseBuzzDined on 10/11/2014A wonderful restaurant with wonderful but delicate flavors. The combination of French and Vietnamese flavors are different, exotic, complex, and delicate - no over spiced food. I had the stuffed baby squid which was fantastic, and my wife had the Red Snapper. We paired with a dry French Rose recommended by our waiter - perfect match. The dessert choices were very tempting but we were full. If you need just a little sweet try the toasted coconut ice cream and the French Press coffee - a great way to finish up a wonderful meal. We had a nice table for two, but the table for 15 filled the room as we finished - nice job by management filling a small space as the small tables were finishing. BT will be a repeat.Special Features:
- Experience the flavorsnonameDined on 10/10/2014The was amazing. The atmosphere and service equally outstanding. If you are a foodie you must try this place. It is out of the way but easy to get to. I am fortunate to travel all over the world and would match this restaurant against any for taste, presentation, service and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Read the high Zagat rating!navywinsVIPDined on 10/8/2014We were visiting the Tampa area and read about BT in our travel book. Their high Zagat rating made it a easy decision. The crab soup and special gulf shrimp appetizer was delicious and beautifully presented.. I loved the fact that their ingredients are all healthy and flavorful. The entees were just as wonderful. Our waiter really knew his wines and made great suggestions to both wine and menu items. We are already planning to go back this visit.Special Features:
- FantasticHogjonesDined on 9/27/2014Absolutely delicious. Loved the traditional French dishes made with a unique combo of Asian ingredients.There is something for everybody: vegan dishes, fish, duck, chicken, beef. We will have to go back a dozen times just to try everything. The sake martinis are incredible--all made with fresh pressed juices & the wine list was beautiful. Everything tasted so fresh & clean. I highly recommend the creme brûlée trio...kafir lime, lemongrass, and ginger. Yum! One piece of advice....don't listen to your GPS! The actual street address takes you in through the kitchen entrance vice the main entrance, which is on a side street. The staff graciously will walk you through if you make the same mistake we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved the amazing foodShopper2717Dined on 9/27/2014The menu is alive with interesting food combinations. We had a group if 4 and everyone agreed this was one of the best restaurants in Tampa. After desert everyone pulled out their calendars to see when we could all come back! While the food was delicious, the chairs were very uncomfortable. Call me old fashioned, but when I pay $400 for dinner for 4 I would like to be comfortable.Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014BT is a gem! Extraordinary food that is inventive , unique and delicious. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- A Romantic AmbianceMalloryEatsDined on 9/9/2014The food was delicious but a little pricey for the portion sizes. However, the service is great and the ambiance is perfect for date nightSpecial Features:
- Something different for lunchEat4lifeDined on 9/9/2014Vietnamese influenced dishes certainly makes a wonderful alternative to typical lunch spots. Food variations and a balance of flavored on the plate makes this a recommended place. Do have a Bloody Geisha if you aren't heading back to work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back.Chicago2TampaDined on 8/30/2014Would have been 5 stars for food but the entrees we had were just good, and the wine is so overpriced that we had to pass. The octopus, the lobster, and the fried spring roll appetizers were absolutely amazing! Light, and fresh, and clean, and beautifully presented. My husband always insists on dessert (I rarely partake) but the chocolate mousse should be called by a new name... addicting. Would have been 5 for wait staff but our main waiter seemed bored and preoccupied, luckily there were 3 more picking up his slack (and introducing us to chocolate mousse with a cute french accent.) I loved the uniqueness of location, it is hard to find local restaurants with the loving touch of a proud chef, so much of Tampa is wasted on big chains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIRTHDAY DINNERIronmanrayDined on 8/27/2014Three of us dined for my birthday dinner. Our service was excellent. Our waiter was very knowledgeable with all menu choices and all of all selections were delicious. We had wine and the maitre'd was helpful in selecting a wine. BT is one of my favorite places to dine in Tampa. Lunch or dinner one cannot go wrong.Special Features:
- Five Star Cuisine in Quiet SettingAustinWriterGirlDined on 8/19/2014Second trip was even more amazing. Our first was some time ago when BT was in downtown Tampa. This setting is a quiet neighborhood bistro, no frills. No windows. Just fabulously inventive cuisine and excellent, knowledgeable service. The dinner menu is Vietnamese / French, but I call it Vietnamese / Global with a hint of French flair. This is a foodie paradise and pricey, but worth it for special occasions. We will come again, perhaps next time for lunch. Wish the acrylic seats were more comfortable. My rump prefers a bit of cushion. Interior is a bit bland, but the Zen furnishings are stylish. The food is the star here; perhaps yet another location may provide the absolute perfection that Chef BT Nguyen's talents deserve.Special Features:
- Creative perfection!BornInCubaVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had been hearing about Restaurant BT for years but had never been. After looking at OpenTable for highly-rated places, we chose BT. Are we ever glad we did! Simply put, the presentations were absolutely beautiful. Each plate was artfully prepareed. For appetizers, the hot spring rolls were delectable and fresh. The Pho was the best we've ever had. For entrées, we were wowed by the Shaken Beef, pork tenderloin (moist, flavorful) and diver scallops (exotically delicious). The black rice steamed in coconut milk is a must. No room for dessert, but the selection we were offered had something for everyone. The wait staff was knowledgeable, attentive yet unobtrusive. Kudos go to a truly polished kitchen staff. Your reputation precedes itself.Special Features:
- Unique diningTampaPalms22Dined on 7/26/2014Service attentive, delicious combination of tastes and textures. Presentation is outstanding. Every detail is precise. The croissant bread pudding is the most delicious dessert I've ever eaten!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itrestaurantloveDined on 7/25/2014We have been to BTs many times and always enjoy it so much. The food is outstanding: beautifully presented and always fresh and deliciousSpecial Features:
- AmazingfmrincjojoDined on 7/24/2014We had a wonderful experience and meeting BT was a pleasant surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BT, relocateddrdaveDined on 7/24/2014First time to BT (formerly Restaurant BT). Excellent service at the table. Simple but sleek surroundings, nice weekday evening crowd. The food was very good - had pho and shaken beef. Beef not as "crusty" as I have had in SF's Slanted Door, but was good. Very nice dinner for my wife and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef BT is OUTSTANDING!!!foodloverDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I decided to try a variety of appetizers and asked the Chef to bring several cold and hot plates. It was absolutely divine. Chef personally served each of these plates and paired it with the perfect wines. Food was exceptional and the service impeccable. I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014BT's done it again. From the service to the appetizers and dessert everything was amazing. I loved my snapper dish and everyone at the table loved their meal as well. The chocolate mousse and creme brûlée was perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent finddwb666Dined on 7/5/2014First time in Tampa and with no local knowledge relied on Yelp to pinpoint a highly rated restaurant. Location-wise, not the most exclusive of areas and the building was not exactly an architectural masterpiece but once inside, the ambiance, service and food was excellent. A funky fusion of Vietnamese and French cuisine - a good wine-list and choice of beers (no liquor license). Nice touch with valet parking. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 158 reviews are from the Restaurant BT reviews archive.
- WillyDined on 6/20/2014We have been coming to BT's Restaurant for years and it has always been great. She is always there to greet you, the food is superb and the service outstanding. We will continue to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic birthday dinnerRiceSpiceDined on 6/11/2014Went here for my husband's birthday which I stated upon booking the reservation. They printed a Happy Birthday greeting to my husband on his menu. Very nice touch. Small place, but very nicely decorated. Romantic and the food was excellent. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- SuperbDoll10Dined on 6/11/2014We loved this restaurant. Excellent service, spectacular food...beautiful setting. Great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uniquely delicious!DeeDayVIPDined on 6/7/2014We always are pleasantly surprised with the various flavors BT combines!Special Features:
- BT's D.L.T.Bec2FinVIPDined on 6/5/2014If only parking weren't such a problem...I'd eat here 7 days a week. Parking on the street was nerve-wracking (signs posted) when the lot shared with an office and a clothes shop was full. I kept popping up to see if a spot was free. The Maitre D' said, "We have valet parking on the weekend..." This visit, I tried the D.L.T. (Duck, lettuce and tomato) on baguette and it was delicious. My friend ordered a delicious salad with grilled shrimp, but no cucumbers. Unfortunately, it came with cukes throughout. When the waiter came around to ask if our lunches pleased, he took back her plate to replace it with a cucumber-free version. Good thing we ordered the soft spring rolls, so that took the edge off my friend's hunger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to ChooseBec2FinVIPDined on 5/29/2014It's hard to choose even two dishes among the offerings at BT. Nothing has disappointed in 4 trips here. Just wish they had enough parking. They look out back in the lot and try to help, but it's always a bit of a hassle. Still the food - both the French and Vietnamese - leaves my mouth excited every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service poorEat2livDined on 5/24/2014The food is good, creative presentations. The service was innatentive, we had to constantly flag down a server for everything. IKEA plastic chairs very uncomfortable. While the food was good, the overall experience was not a good value for the high prices.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!MeBeDined on 5/24/2014It was our first time here and it was a birthday dinner for my hubby. They had a personalized bday menu with his name and date and bday greetings. Appetizer was superb which was the escargot & duck burrito, excellent main course which was shaken beef, Kobe beef, pork, and the seafood. They had excellent customer service which included the master chef BT who would go around every table checking everybody. We will definitely come back. Love the complimentary valet!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014We went to BT specifically to get her special beef tartare dish. My husband ordered the beef stroganoff. The beef was not cooked consistently. Some pieces medium rare, others well done. Over all the dish's flavor was not appealing and did not provide the comfort normally associated with this dish. The lobster bisque was thin and did not have the creamy, sherry flavor we craved. The server came across as snotty. Despite the restaurant being completely empty when we arrived, he tried to hide us behind a wall and then in a corner. We laughed when the next couple came in and rejected the same tables.
- Outstanding overallJKKODined on 5/15/2014BT is one of the top two or three restaurants in Tampa. It is costly, but well worth it for a special ocassion or if money is of no concern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Both WorldsBec2FinVIPDined on 5/11/2014Vietnamese banana tapioca pudding with escargot crepes...the best of Vietnamese and French on our doorstep. I would have chosen literally anything on the menu - it was that enticing. Friendliest service in a long time. BT's daughter was our charming waitress.Special Features:
- Perfect Combo-French and Asian!FridayNiteFoodieDined on 5/9/2014Excellent food prepared with fresh ingredients! Menu is a combination of Classic French with a Vietnamese influence, to element Asian and world cuisine. Where else can you get a delicious bowl of Pho and Coq au Vin, both outstanding, at one meal?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTampaDined on 5/7/2014I am not a big fan of this type of food but my customer recommended it. I had the duck burrito and it was awesome!! I will definitely take additional customers in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!TravelingdinerDined on 5/1/2014Amazing meal and outstanding menu. So many great items to choose from. Can't wait to go back and try more items.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2014We had a fantastic dinner, excellent service and an amazing menu- what a great chef. Well worth a visit!!Special Features:
- Delicious, but chilly atmosphere1HungryBearDined on 4/12/2014The food was absolutely excellent. Our bill for 2 with tip was $175, which is more than we typically spend. BT's biggest opportunity is their restaurant's atmosphere, in my opinion. We were underwhelmed by the plastic chairs and general layout of the dining area. Maybe a small water feature (plug in fountain?) or similar would give the place a more tranquil, warmer feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.