544 B Agua Fria
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.raagacuisine.com/
- Phone: 5058206440x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday Thru Saturday.
11.00 am to 2.30 p.m
5.00 p.m to 9.30 p.m
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Indian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Raaga
"Raaga ("sweet melody") prides itself on offering superior taste and flavor. With each mouthwatering bite, guests can distinguish and savor the finest spices and the freshest herbs. In addition to his Northern Indian fare, chef Paddy Rawal offers dishes that incorporate local Southwest elements. Raaga's menu includes vegetarian and vegan options as well as meat and seafood choices. All can be ordered mild, medium or hot to please any palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Raaga - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Raaga reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (32)neighborhood gem (30)great for outdoor dining (24)special occasion (12)great for lunch (9)romantic (7)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good, but SlowPikiPikiVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food was really, really good, and really really slow. The waiter said it's a small kitchen and everyone showed up at about the same time. Probably true, but at over an hour for a couple simple dishes, at a noise level that made conversation just about impossible, well . . . bring a good book.Special Features:
- Unfortunate it's not betterWER2014VIPDined on 10/11/20145O minute wait for our entree to arrive. Approached the manager and he shrugged us off. The owner said he was too busy to talk. Our waiter said "sorry we are busy" and said we came in after a large party (which shortly after arriving I saw already had their food and left). Their are tons of busy restaurants in this town who are able to handle crowds, sad to see that Raaga can not since the food is good. The dining area was chilly and had a draft. So sad to see this restaurant be so dismissive of customer complaints. We eat out 75 percent of the time and Raaga is off our list where we will frequent or recommend (used to call in orders for my family and my company.) Food is highly recommended if you are fine with bad management, slow service.
- Dallas dinerDallasdinerDined on 10/9/2014Raaga was a real find, and we will definitely return on another visit to Santa Fe. My husband and I both had lamb dishes, and the lamb chunks were tender and the dishes were nicely spiced. The smaller order is quite enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible findAndyHDined on 10/6/2014Exceeded our expectations. Food was great. Service was even better. I would highly recommend it to anybody who wants to eat Indian foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and tastyFoodie70Dined on 10/4/2014Even looking at Ragga's web site was a clue to finding something other than the usual Indian gruels and mushy meat. Ragga's chef-owner understands quality, layering of flavor and freshness of ingredients. The special appetizer on our night was a composed salad of individual spinach leaves dusted with chickpea flour and flash fried and then topped with interesting veggie complements. My husband and I split it-a mistake as he consumed it so quickly, there was barely any left for me. Next time two orders of that one! This was our first experience. Will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & serviceSFFoodieDined on 9/29/2014We were a party of 5 and were seated at a table where we all could converse. The service was excellent as was the food. Everything we ordered was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Raaga is the best Indian food in Santa Fe and Paddy is a great host and chef. I've eaten at Raaga a lot over the past several years and it's fabulous every time. Wether you live in Santa Fe or are just visiting, do yourself a favor....or do yourself a Flavor....and go to Raaga! It's the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian Food in Town!zsazsa66Dined on 9/20/2014Great eclectic menu with variety and balance. Curries have their own individual tastes and the ginger peppercorn chicken is a real standout! Service was professional, swift and helpful without being obtrusive. The space is small but very nicely appointed. Really exceptional food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchYumyumDined on 9/17/2014Very welcoming establishment with varied, traditional and creative menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Happy SurpriseSalikDined on 9/15/2014I think I know something about India food having enjoyed it for decades an savored it all over India and the United States. I always try the dal at a new restaurant. My experience tells me that if the dal is good, the restaurant is good, if the dal is very good, then the restaurant is very good. The dal at Raaga was better than very good. The one thing that sets this restaurant above and apart is the chef/owner Paddy Rawal. A superior chef, Paddy truly loves his work and it shows and his mastery of spices can be tasted in his every dish - a mastery that is original and totally traditional. This restaurant can be enjoyed by both the experienced Indian foodie and those looking to try something new and delicious. Trust me on this...Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysqwill13Dined on 9/15/2014The food here is consistently good each time I have come. The medium+ is a perfect hotness and the entrees lend themselves to sharing so everyone in a group gets a taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Indian Food in New Mexico!IntegrativeMDDined on 9/13/2014Paddy Rawal's Raaga is the best Indian restaurant (and the best restaurant overall) in NM. Unlike most other Indian restaurants which are run by cooks, Raaga provides Paddy's international expertise as a top chef in this cuisine. Each dish is made from scratch with the blend of spices and herbs which is an art form in itself. A feast for all the senses from the taste, smell and presentation. As a Integrative Medicine MD, I recommend all my patients to eat at Raaga as they have a large selection of vegan options. Great atmosphere, excellent service and personal visits to your table from Paddy - this makes it a top recommend for anyone who is a foodie and understands the importance of high quality foods with amazing flavors.Special Features:
- Perfect againRCdinersDined on 9/12/2014Raaga did it again, great food, wonderful service, super friendly staff including dick who welcomed us warmly and of course Paddy who always takes time to say hello and check out our food.Special Features:
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014This friendly neighborhood spot offers an extensive menu including a variety of vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options, tandoori and curry options, and ten choices of Naan (several stuffed). We shared four appetizers (including the amazing Delhi Chaat) from the many offerings. Our entrees were prepared to order, and servings were ample. Curries are offered in two portion sizes (the smaller one was perfect with the appetizers, rice and Naan). Service was friendly and accommodating, our meal on the outside patio was quiet and relaxed, and prices reasonable. The restaurant owner greeted us warmly when we arrived, and we noticed that he visited each table to welcome diners. We've eaten here before, and will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian Food in Santa FeSantaFeBobDined on 8/19/2014If you like Indian food, you'll love Raaga. The service is very friendly and professional, and the food is delicious. You can order your meals hot, medium or spicy.Special Features:
- AwesomeRCdinersDined on 8/16/2014Great food with a fresh twist on indian cuisine, beautiful atmosphere and engaged owner and staff made for a perfect evening. Not only is the good and service superb but the value is very good as well. Raaga is highly recommended.Special Features:
- Disappointing Second VisitPicanteVIPDined on 8/15/2014We invited friends to join us here after an good experience in February. After being seated for an hour, we asked the waiter to please check on our order. He testily told us that "a lot of people came at the same time" but that our order was up and sitting out waiting for the naan bread to be done. We asked him to bring it anyway. The food arrived lukewarm, which really detracted from its taste. The naan arrived with a greasy cash register receipt on top of it which the waiter hadn't even bothered to remove. We were embarassed that we had recommended this restaurant to our friends.
- Food only fairGaryWGVIPDined on 8/8/2014The appetizer was good and the rest of the meal was wll below average. The eggplant arrived with peas although not specified on the menu. It was replaced with out the peas but the dish itself was tasteless as was the chicken Tiki although the sauce was good. The fish dish was also tasteless. The Naan bread was not very good either.
- Unesxpectedly terrific food98rsdVIPDined on 8/7/2014We were surprised to have a meal that was better than we could have at the numerous Indian restaurants on the upper westside of Manhattan. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Best Indian food in New MexicoSantaFeBobDined on 8/2/2014The food and service are excellent. If you like well-seasoned Indian food, you won't be disappointed. The service is friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best East Indian food in Santa Fe!picturest7Dined on 8/1/2014Cut to the chase...this is THE BEST East Indian food in Santa Fe! Paddy is clearly a master chef. Most entrees come in large and small size. If you both want the same thing, split a large (it comes with rice). If you want to try several things, order them in the small size. Service is crisp and efficient; ambience is relaxed. Be advised that this is a converted house, in an old neighborhood. Consequently parking is EXTREMELY limited...to 3 cars! I suggest you park along Guadalupe St, or in the San Francisco St. parking garage, and hike it. It'll help build an appetite. Come hungry, I guarantee you will LOVE it! I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative Indian foodDoclindaDined on 7/29/2014Indian food with New Mexican influence like salsa and shaved fried okra. Well prepared food and cooked to your preference for degree of "hotness". Would definitely return next time we're in Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful experienceSeniorSantaFeHedonistDined on 7/22/2014Four of us spent the evening on the patio and ended up spending about 2-1/2 hours dining. The food was wonderful, much better than any of the other restaurants in Santa Fe that serve this style of food. The waitstaff was very nice and efficient. This was my first time here, the other couple we dinned with had been once before and they told us they had the same enjoyable experience on their previous visit.Special Features:
- The personal touchgr8foodgr8lifeDined on 7/18/2014Chief-owner dropped by out table twice. My wife's Chicken Saffron was amazing, the Nan with Rosemary could be an addiction, my Lamb Vindaloo was good but unlike the other dishes lacked something special to make it outstanding. I will go back and work my way through the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous, creative foodsantafeyummyDined on 7/16/2014My husband and I ate at Raaga for the first time this week, and we realized we have been missing a restaurant gem! The waiter gave us recommendations and explanations for some of the spices commonly used. We especially liked that most of the entrees were served in a small plate or regular, so we could try more dishes. We ate grilled chicken with saffron and a cashew cream sauce that was rich and dreamy. We also loved the chickpea and potato dish that had ginger, pomegranate and ancho flavors. The owner was delightful, occasionally making rounds to smile and say hello. We are excited to return and try more of his yummy creations. Our dinner was $70 for two appetizers, two dinners and a bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than NY's Dawat Restaurant..DanlovesfoodDined on 7/14/2014Indian food redefined by culinary imagination. The best chicken Tika Masala we have ever tasted. Superb Appetizers and Nann selections. A large variety of vegetarian dishes along with all your traditional favorites. One of the best Indian Restaurants in the USA, presently hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in a pleasant settingtaxmasterDined on 7/14/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Raaga and will certainly continue to frequent the restaurant. The service was attentive and the owner came to each table to make suggestions and ask about food quality. The ingredients were fresh and the dishes delicious. We sat outside, and while the patio is plain, the overall experience was very pleasant.Special Features:
- RaagahilldogDined on 7/12/2014An exceptional casual and intimate indian restaurant, with dishes that are consistent in quality, providing wonderfully complex blending of spices. The waiters are very professional and attentive. On our last visit, we arrived at a busy time and had to wait far too long...but we will remain loyal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJerryDined on 6/26/2014We made a reservation for our 45 th anniversary. They let us choose to sit in or out and then pick a table. The chef came by several times to congratulate us and see how we were doing . Excellent food and service. We will eat here every time we are in Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 175 reviews are from the Raaga reviews archive.
- Wonderful!crizaggDined on 6/21/2014Tucked away in a more off-the-beaten path area of Santa Fe, we just found it to be wonderful. We ate outside which was nothing too special but the food was very, very good and the service was attentive. Highly recommended!
- Terrific foodanyeoneDined on 6/21/2014I was delighted to see they had chicken methi on the menu, which is a dish I rarely see. Chef Paddy's version was delicious. I found that the curry went better with naan than with rice, the rice swallowed up some of the flavor, but it jumped right out with the naan. We started with lamb samosas, which are a little pricy but very delicious as well. My husband ordered a lamb tikka platter which came with a rich and delicious tikka masala type sauce on the side. This was also a big winner. The curries come in a small and a large portion; the small was more than sufficient for me. The large would be a sharable portion I suspect. The small portion curries were, IIRC, about nine dollars, which is quite reasonable.Special Features:
- Innovative Indian CuisineGiovanniyLuciaDined on 6/20/2014Super spinach salad special and eggplant dish so delish. Chef Paddy, please open a restaurant in Denver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingRCdinersDined on 6/20/2014We had a wonderful experience at Raaga. From the greeting and willingness to accommodate our seating preferences to the personal attention from the owner and wonderful server the service was first class. The food was absolutely excellent, a thoughtful menu, wonderful starter and excellent main course in manageable portions. We were treated to a wonderful salad as a complementary beginning to a great dinner. Highly recommend Raaga!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed our EveningIndigomoDined on 6/20/2014My companion and myself thoroughly enjoyed our vegetarian meal Friday nite. The service was very attentive without being annoying and the owner checked on us a couple of times. The food was very clean and fresh and extremely tasty. We'll be going back soon! I hear Paddy has opened another restaurant in Albuquerque, we spoke of trying that one also.Special Features:
- Great food! Friendly service !!!!!Good7foodDined on 6/19/2014Palak paneer was authentic in taste !The Chef is very charming and takes note of your taste!thats commendable!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food adventureJerfDined on 6/16/2014We had the most delicious special salad made from crispy spinach, onion naan and various small size entrees-wonderful concept. Medium is quite spicy so might go with mild or mild plus to start. Would go back and try a lot of different things. Ate outside-very pleasant, indoors attractive, but a.c. too cool for me.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceskinnyfoodie1Dined on 6/7/2014Though we live in Santa Fe (party of two) we just had our first experience dining at Raaga on Saturday night...it was wonderful. From the moment we walked in to the restaurant we were treated well. We were seated in a lovely booth and told a little bit about the menu and how to make both food and spice level choices...which I loved. We were then greeted by the owner and chef, Paddy Rawal, who made a very special appetizer for us which was not on the menu. Not only was that a lovely gesture, but the dish was out of this world...as was everything we ordered. The flavors of every dish were amazing. My friend and I agreed that this is" a must return soon and often" spot. This is the best Indian food I have experienced in years.Special Features:
- The TruthwheelsturningDined on 6/7/2014We've been to a lot of Indian restaurants in a lot of cities but this one truly was a cut above with familiar but distinctive takes on tried and true dishes. The meats were truly favorable in a way you wouldn't expect. Bottom line, Raaga truly lives up to its billing for flavors a cut above the expected. And ALL of the staff was so gracious--not to mention the owner.Special Features:
- DeliciousPepperDined on 6/6/2014Really good food. I love Indian food and I have tried Indian restaurants in many states and Raaga is the best I've had.Special Features:
- Amazing as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/15/2014It is always a pleasure to go to raaga the food is consistently phenomenal, Paddy makes you feel welcome and the service is attentive and knowledgable.Special Features: