Post Oak Grill
1415 S. Post Oak Ln.
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Post Oak Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.postoakgrill.com/
- Phone: 7139939966x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Polo Becerra
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our many private rooms include the Board Room, President's Room, Atrium and Wine Room plus the semi-private Alcove, bar area and even the main dining room. We can accommodate party sizes from 12 to 200 for a seated dinner and up to many more for a cocktail reception.
- Private Party Contact: Jean Philippe 7139939966x
- Entertainment: Our bar offers happy hour and piano music, Monday to Friday 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., and live music Thursday to Saturday 8:00 p.m. to midnight.
A word from Post Oak Grill
Since 1989 the Post Oak Grill Restaurants have been a synonym for the highest quality of food and service. Chef Polo Becerra's imagination and dedication to excellence brings subtly delicious flavors to their menus, which have maintained the Post Oak Grill as a distinctive destination for the perfect dining experience. Enjoy Center-cut steaks, chops and fresh seafood, an international wine list, along with freshness, quality, exquisite service and atmosphere. The New York Strip Steak, the Rosemary Roasted Chicken and the Grilled Gulf Red Snapper are just three of the many dishes which keep Post Oak in the forefront of haute cuisine in Houston, serving a select clientele with discerning tastes. Join us for a wonderful culinary adventure which you will want to repeat again and again!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Post Oak Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)neighborhood gem (22)romantic (21)great for lunch (21)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (16)notable wine list (12)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- DisappointingLuvtoDineVIPDined on 8/30/2014I have been to Post Oak Grill several times in the past five years, but not recently. Boy, have the service levels declined! We waited 15 minutes just to be asked for drinks, and another 15 minutes before menus were produced. Each of our courses were not finished before the next course was brought out. But then the servers would disappear so we ended up putting the dirty dishes on the seat next to us since they never came back (until the next course was brought out while we still were eating the previous course). The most amateurish service I have seen in a Houston restaurant in a long time.
- cedoDined on 8/30/2014Very enjoyable dinning experience. We celebrated my wife's birthday, and she was very pleased. The food was very good, however the portion sizes were a bit small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HRW must be overhwhelmingBurbandinersDined on 8/30/2014It was Saturday night during HRW, and the main dining area was crowded. We were seated in the lounge area, on the very edge of the entertainment/dance floor. The singer(s) were positioned with their equipment on this small dance floor and we could not maintain a normal conversation while they were entertaining. That night's entertainment was kind of a throwback to 50's Vegas / Rat pack style crooning. It was geared toward the age of the crowd in attendance. Food was delivered quickly and was perfect temp. Portions were quite small. We tried the lambchop lollipop, tuna dome, tomato salad, bisque, steamed salmon, stuffed flounder and chocolate mousse cake. Of these, would recommend lamb appetizer, flounder, and dessert. :|
- Food tax really???TastebuddDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant leaves u wanting more food for the price. Even the hrw special is bad. They get you when they charge u a food tax on ur bill!!! This is not california this is texas. There is no restaurant that does that. I will report you.Special Features:
- food portions were too smallVicBarVIPDined on 8/29/2014Service was very slow and food was not as good as reputation of place.
- Chaos, inexperienced wait staffBLeGrueDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I decided to try post oak grill during restaurant weeks. We had heard it was great. Upon arrival we noticed there were quite a few tables that looked anxious and irritated. We went ahead and ordered drinks. A "French" and a martini. Drinks came and were wrong. Our waiter insisted that the martini he gave me was a "French" it was not. My husbands dirty Martini was blue and we told him that it was incorrect. He tried to tell us that was a martini. It was frustrating! And then we saw that other waiters all in a chaotic state. We decided to jump ship! That's the only time I've ever left a restaurant but we decided life's too short for bad service with expensive food.Special Features:
- Worst service I've ever hadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I'm not a person that likes to complain. Let's just say our third course meal (entree) was out before pier second course. And then the brought it out and our food was cold! Need I say more?!?! The place was not busy!!!! Took about 45 min to get our drink order in and then took another 30 To actually receive
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The appetizer and desert were excellent. The flounder stuffed with crab was also delightful but was ruined by the habenero citrus sauce. It was like the sweet and sour sauce at at Chinese restaurant. I will more carefully review the menu next time, and maybe ask for any sauces on the side. I have eaten at Post Oat Grill several times. This is the first time it was a disappointment.
- Inner City GemantchamDined on 8/28/2014Family friendly white table cloth tasty food and gracious service. Must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoffeePleaseVIPDined on 8/27/2014We took a co-worker for lunch on her birthday. She ordered a pasta dish (I wish I could remember the name of the dish) and could not quit raving about how delish it was. We ordered off the special menu and everything was great. Our waiter, Kevin, is super attentive and always great service with him. Never a disappointment!Special Features:
- Overall very niceGirlsNightOutDined on 8/26/2014The place was quiet so you could talk. The service was slow at first but once all in the party was there it picked up. The waiter was well versed on the dishes. We were there for Restaurant Week and the food was good...worth the price. I would like to go back and try other dishes on the menu.Special Features:
- up to parindustrylifeDined on 8/25/2014Everything about this restaurant was just fine...there was nothing spectacular. ...But defiantly nothing wrong. I enjoyed my company... the food was an equal to what I paid. . And the service was good. .maybe not over and beyond.. But I didn't want for anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing night!DebbieLDined on 8/23/2014I go to Post Oak Grill regularly, but this night was especially memorable. My +1 and I enjoyed a four course meal as part of Houston Restaurant Week. The food was delicious; the wait staff, pleasant and dependable! Most of all, I LOVED the entertainment. Dino John and 'The Pack' were incredible as usual. The whole experience was fabulous! I’ll be back…with an appetite and with my dancing shoes on!!Special Features:
- Houston Restaurant WeeknomnomnomnimDined on 8/23/2014I recently went to Post Oak, during Restaurant Week. Its normally out of my price range so it was a nice treat to be able to go. It was packed to the gills and took an extra 5 minutes to get seated. The wait staff was very nice about the delay though. The food was excellent I would highly recommend the tuna dome appetizer and strawberry mocha cake for dessert. The only complaint I have is that it was very hot in the restaurant. We were all sweating. And the valet was set up very awkwardly. So that all the cars were stacked on top of each other. It took a while to give them our keys and a bit longer to get the car back. There was no option to not use valet. But that's a few very small complaint from a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK Food, Bad Service, Nice PoepleGaryDined on 8/23/2014We visited during Restaurant Week (Month) on Saturday, so I know it is a very busy time, BUT.. The food is OK, not bad, but not a must, the staff is very polite, BUT the service was terrible. It took over 2 hours to eat, the 2nd course was skipped initially, but once pointed it out they brought it polity, but it was incorrect. They corrected once again & apologized again polity. The desert was disappointing, very small & so so on taste. On top of the food service the restaurant was hot, once we left my back was wet, not a good thing. Lastly, it was busy, but seemed dirty. Over all it was not bad food, but just not worth a second trip with so many choices in Houston. If it was in a small town with few choices it was be a good restaurant.
- First class restaurant . Loved it!Lovemyhouston603Dined on 8/22/2014Great ambiance; very lovely room. Loved the tuna dome. & ceviche for appetizers .. Yummy. Surf. & turf was delicious as well as beautiful presentation. Lobster bisque was tasty. Peach tart was over cooked so our server sent us home with delicious chocolate strawberry cake. Loved our server Carlos! Very attentive. First class restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot and noisyPartyof6Dined on 8/22/2014I was trying the POG For the first time in many years. (There are so many great new restaurants in Houston..) It was not a good experience for our party of four. Don't sit in the enclosed patio area. Hot and miserable. Requests to get more AC didn't seem to help. We arrived early and still got slow service. They seemed to forget us out the burbs. I ordered a VERY expensive bottle of wine and still was treated indifferently. Food was fine.
- YummersLeggs4daysDined on 8/21/2014I went there for HRW. And for dinner you got a four course meal which was very yummy. The lamb lollipops where nice and tender and my granny had the ceviche which was good as well. I wasn't a fan of the bisque. Next was the stuffed flounder and that was good as well. I tried my moms surf and turf and it was so delicious. Last but not least was the chocolate cake, it was very rich. Overall I would totally go back and eat to my little hearts content!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BCBCrowdDined on 8/21/2014The ambiance was very romantic. The food presentation was terrific. The food was flavorful and fresh. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellentlisaDined on 8/19/2014Their Houston Restaurant week menu was varied and wonderful. The 4 of us were totally satisfied with everything.Special Features:
- Service was a little slowrocketVIPDined on 8/19/2014We were there for HRW. The place was very busy and we were happy that they were. It is a good sign but because of that, the service was slow and we have to request for water to be refilled and have to ask for another glass of wine and bread basket.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014This is one of Houston's gems! The food and ambience are always wonderful. We have always enjoyed this restaurant over the years.Special Features:
- LunchErwinVIPDined on 8/18/2014As usual, we had a very good entre salad. It is a meal in itself, and fits my attempt to lose a little weight. I do not know of another restaurant that has such a good selection of "light" lunches. And our request for a booth was honored.Special Features:
- Bad service and foodRoronoahDined on 8/16/2014I went for HRW bc the food menu looked good, however, the portions they give you are really small. Also the server was pretty bad, he wouldn't refill our drinks if we didn't ask him, only came over once every 15 minutes, and never even asked us how we wanted our steak cooked.Special Features:
- Houston Restaurant Week menuMattBVIPDined on 8/15/2014We had a 7:45 PM reservation, arrived right on time and waited about 5 minutes before being seated. My wife and I had decided to try this restaurant as part of the Houston Restaurant week. One of my wife's co-workers had went and was very impressed. With the 1st course, I got the Lamp Lollipop and my wife selected the Tuna Dome. The second course was a Lobster Crab Bisque for me and the Tomato Salad for her. Both courses were small to medium portions, but this turned out to be good by then end of the meal. The third course (entree) was a Flounder Fillet for me and an Airline Chicken for my wife. Excellent food, good portions and very filling. Dessert was a Chocolate Mouse Cake and the Bananas Foster. A very satisfying meal.Special Features:
- great experiencehoustonDined on 8/13/2014Restaurant Week at Post Oak Grill was very busy. The food was wonderful and the service great. The restaurant was very crowded too loud for my 85 year old parents. (I guess anything is loud for that age group)Special Features:
- Lunch Aug 15thErwinVIPDined on 8/13/2014We were seated promptly and our server was there but did not hover. The entree salads were great as always. I appreciate being able to get in and out in an hour. Have never had a bad meal there. Chef Polo is really doing a great job in providing affordable fare and a pleasant lunch. I take most of my clients here.Special Features:
- Very average spottotalfoodie1Dined on 8/11/2014Food was average 7 out of 10. Service was a little slow. Took 15 mins for a hostess just to greet us on a very slow monday night and another 20 mins just for the server to bring us menus. Bleh. Probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Local favoriteDwightVIPDined on 8/11/2014Although we had lived only blocks away, it took us nearly a year to visit Post Oak Grill. Thank you to them for participating in Houston Restaurant Weeks and that was our motivation. We were babysitting our 9 month old granddaughter. Although they only had one high chair in the facility that was already in use, the staff was most accommodating. The chef sent out a small ramekin of sweet potato casserole with a small spoon to hold her until our food order arrived. The food was very good, and service was also very good. Old school restaurant and obviously a favorite of many as evidenced by how long they have been in business. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly but service too fastPatriciaDined on 8/9/2014We were greeted and accommodated beautifully and our special requests for seating were honored. The food was marvelous. Our only complaint would be that the kitchen sent out our food so fast we hardly had two sips of our drinks before the first course arrived. Our waiter was wonderful and very friendly but other people were bringing out the food. We felt really rushed. We like to savor our meal with a bit more time between courses. It is better than waiting all night to be served, but we would have enjoyed our meal more if the pace had been a little less frantic.Special Features:
- 4 Courses for $35nhutcrackerDined on 8/8/2014Post Oak is the few remaining restaurants that give you 4 courses for only $35 during Houston Restaurant Week (even though it now lasts a whole month). The PAN-SEARED GINGER GLAZED LAMB LOLLIPOP was cooked to perfection; although you only get one served on a bed of greens. I would pay for a full-serving of this. The ROASTED LOBSTER CRAB BISQUE with cognac essence was good but a little slightly too salty and served warm, not hot. The SURF & TURF consists of sliced prime beef tenderloin and lobster imperial, jumbo asparagus with white cheddar potatoes, finished with a light peppercorn Cabernet sauce. The lobster was slightly under-seasoned but the beef tenderloin was absolutely delightful. The final course was a chocolate cake that was good.Special Features:
- I've had betternomnomnomVIPDined on 8/7/2014First off let me start off by saying how truely excited I was to try this place after glancing at what seems like a ton of menus for HRW, so when it comes to the food and portion sizes it was all very flavorful, and did not disappoint. The only complaint Id have about the food was that my sister and I both had ordered rare steaks and received medium ones. The service was less than sub par. The worst thing about it was that they had put us literally on the side of the restaurant; which contained two other tables full of other asians like they were ashamed to have us in the main dining room. Our server acted like she did not want anything to do with us, but drew the short straw. The food was good but not enough for me to want to come back.
- Simply Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/4/2014The food and service was outstanding. The atmosphere awesome. I took my parents who were truly impressed and loved everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousrcharlDined on 8/2/2014Tasty food. Excellent service. Great value. So good, I ate more than what I wanted.Special Features:
- Very disappointingDatenight9369Dined on 8/2/2014The lobster bisque smelled and tasted fishy. I had airline chicken which was just okay. My husband had the surf and turf. His steak was not what we would expect from what is supposed to be a good restaurant. Most restaurants that serve banana foster flambeau it table side and it is a delectable treat. Not here. It was just handed to us. It had literally one teaspoon of ice cream with a few slices of banana and a pinch of cinnamon. Service left a lot to be desired
- Great surpriseFantasticVIPDined on 8/2/2014We went for the fantastic menu choice for houston restaurant week. The food was so yummy. The portions were a perfect size & cooked to perfection. Try it - you will be pleased with the service & food & the donation yo the food bank - all for only $35!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceJReatsDined on 8/2/2014Decided to try the restaurant because of the great "Restaurant Week" menu. Everything was fabulous. Presentation and taste was outstanding. The portion sizes were just right - not too much and not too little. Wait staff was friendly and had great personalities. They were there when needed and not in the way when not needed. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014I dined here for Houston Restaurant Week recently and had a wonderful experience. The food and service were fantastic.Special Features:
- Long-lived restaurantShirleyDined on 8/1/2014Post Oak grille has been around for many years and seems to be able to keep the crowds coming. With all of the competition in the area, I hope the restaurant can remain a viable go-to place.Special Features:
- Mac & Cheese LoveJanetDined on 7/31/2014Really good and spicy mac & cheese. My lunch guess had the steak salad and said it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.