Pasquales on MacLeod
6806 Macleod Trail
Calgary, AB T2H 0L3Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Pasquales on MacLeod
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pasquales.ca/
- Phone: 4032520553x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Pasquale Barile
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We hold two private rooms within the restaurant. The parameters of both allow for functions ranging from professional power point presentations, to elegant weddings, and more. The smaller of the two spaces has a capacity of 22, the larger seats up to 60. Both rooms share the same comfortable and classy atmosphere that Pasquales has to offer, with no additional cost for them. Set menus can be provided upon request. Menus are flexible according to budget, and are made with respect to client"s personal preferences. If open menu is preferred it is available for groups up to 30. Please call (403)252-0553 for private room booking.
- Private Party Contact: Nina Barile 4032520553x
A word from Pasquales on MacLeod
As a restaurant that has been in business for 30 years, Pasquales has a loyal following of regular customers. We are a family run operation, and we take pride in our quality food and service. Our consistency, wide variety, and fresh food everyday are why people leave satisfied and always come back. Our menu is extensive, we specialize in fine Italian cuisine but also offer a well-focused selection of North American classics, perfect for the lunch crowd. The atmosphere is relaxed, and modern, with a classic feel. Come dine with us and see what everyone's talking about!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pasquales on MacLeod reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (23)romantic (17)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (10)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- rocky777Dined on 10/11/2014I have been to this place many times in the past but not recently. This evening was enjoyable in every way and we will return soon.Special Features:
- Disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/9/2014We asked to split a Caesar salad to start. Our server returned with a full salad on one plate, an extra plate & utensils. He said, "The kitchen's really busy so I brought everything so you could split it." Firstly, he went to the trouble of getting the plate & utensils. Why not just split it in the kitchen himself? Secondly, if the kitchen is busy, should that affect service to the diner? No. I ordered the tortellini and asked if I could have it without green peppers. When it came, it had green peppers. He asked if was an allergy or preference. I said preference. As well as not telling us the special & making little eye contact, he seemed put out & distracted the entire time we were there. Really disappointed. This was on a Thurs evening.Special Features:
- favorite restaurant in CalgarySullyDined on 10/7/2014It has been years but Pasquales is still the best restaurant in Calgary. Isabella and Pasquale make you feel at home....awesomeSpecial Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The LEmon Chicken and Fantasy Salad was one of the nicest meals I have had at a restaurant in years. Good service also!Special Features:
- Not one of their best nightsgroupof4Dined on 9/28/2014What happened to the flavour? The fish was good, but the veal was covered with a tasteless sauce.Special Features:
- Special Eventadsum3Dined on 9/28/2014For a relaxing birthday celebration and a pause in the rush and bustle of our daily lives, this restaurant had lots of potential. But, the experience should not have included being rushed by anyone to make choices quickly. However, the servers entree recommendation was very good, the dining room was not crowded and the noise level was not intrusive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Thank you so much for hosting our huge party. amazing staff amazing everything. I couldn't be happier. would recommend to everyone! The only thing I would change is that the online app allows you to book your full party (more than 10 ppl) but the staff had no problem adjusting my reso with one phone call.Special Features:
- TmixDined on 9/19/2014Service and food was exceptional. I would highly recommend this restaurant. Impressed from beginning to end!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit disappointedjustwantfoodDined on 9/6/2014Heard about the place through some friends and gave it a shot. It looked like a nice restaurant and felt cozy but the service made it feel like I was at some kind of low end diner. The food wasn't anything special considering price point and I left almost as hungry as when I arrived. As far as Italian food goes, I've had far better for much less at the olive garden....
- Great valueMisterSpiffyDined on 8/24/2014We dined on a Sunday afternoon at 2; this was a quiet time for the restaurant so there was really no noise from other patrons. Our 4-yr-old joined us and although the childrens' items are not on the menu, there are options that can be made to order. But where this restaurant really shines is the portions for the price you pay. You really get value for what you order. My wife and I would have no reservations recommending Pasquale's to others and we plan to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Dining al frescourbanefinkDined on 8/5/2014An August evening found us on Pasquale's (green and treed for Macleod Trail) patio. Our server was very obliging. My Mom has veal Marsala whenever available – their rendition of it was lovely and rich. My husband went with the New York strip with crab, hollandaise and asparagus and thoroughly enjoyed it. No allergic reactions which he is prone to, usually triggered by processed ingredients, so the cuisine is “scratch-made”. My pepper steak was gorgeous. Each entrée was accompanied by the traditional roasted potatoes and al dente veg. So when you are looking for the classics perfectly prepared for a reasonable price (under $30, except for the surf and turf), layered with seamless service on a nice patio, this is it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014My steak was not that great for the price I paid. I have had better steaks in a bar. (Steak sandwich ). My daughters law and her mother had the same as me and we all agree it was not that good for the price we paidSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Italian food.NicoGeroDined on 8/4/2014I have visited various restaurants that said they make Italian dishes. However far from what they say. I can recommend Pasquales without hesitation. I worked for an Italian company in Calgary and I will be happy to recommend Pasquales. In fact, I've already did it.Special Features:
- Exceptional QualitygrillerDined on 8/1/2014Was asked to plan a birthday dinner and Pasquales was agreed upon. From the moment you arrive you are made to feel welcome by the smiling staff, almost as you've been invited to dinner with family you haven't seen for a while. Then menu hasn't changed, the specials were popular but I had come for the Dry Ribs and Caesar Salad. The food came out all together and hot, the kitchen has timing down so no one waits and the food doesn't stay up on the pass very long. The portions are large but not too overwhelming. 3 of the group had Cannelloni & it was amazing. Homemade pasta and the fresh sauce was outstanding; I usually find it overly salty but not at Pasquales. from start to finish the experience was exceptional. I can hardly wait to go back.Special Features:
- Pasquale's reviewPauloDined on 7/29/2014Pasquales on Macleod has good good they burger is best on the menu. But it is only avaliable from 11:00 am - 4:30 pm every daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasquale's ReviewthesourceDined on 7/25/2014Inside was nicely decorated and the service good. Yet, the food was not impressive. 12 years ago, the brunch menu was exceptional but in the last two years the food quality is not the same. This place needs a new chef or a new menu. I ordered crab stuffed mushrooms for an appy and I couldn't eat most of it. There was very little crab, it was like I was eating a tbs full of cream cheese on an under seasoned cap! For dinner I had the chicken pollo. The only good item on the plate was the chicken. The asparagus was soggy, the Hollandaise was cold and congealed (clumpy not nice sauce and way too salty). My husband had the chicken parmigiana and he said it was adequate. Too much cheese & lacking in flavor. He'd rather eat at an Italian place.Special Features:
- Consistent Fall-BackhappytoreturnDined on 7/21/2014We find Pasquales fits the bill on many occasions. We love that it's a cut above most "family" restaurants, has linens and footed glassware - but isn't as costly as many high ends. The ambience is definitely more to formal and it's laid out in such a way that you can find more secluded corners, a larger room great for groups or a cozy fireplace table. They're also very accommodating re: special requests.Special Features:
- Long time fanOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Once again Pasquale's met my every expectation. My go to spot for any occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDinerguyDined on 6/28/2014We have eaten a few times at Pasquale's, but have been there more frequently in the last while, and very time we have eaten dinner here, we have enjoyed it immensely! The service was great, we feel very welcome whenever we come. Food was fresh, hot and very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 50 reviews are from the Pasquales on MacLeod reviews archive.
- Birthday DinnerSammiikDined on 6/14/2014We had gone out to Pasquales for my moms 50th birthday and we were ok with it. The food was pretty good but the silverware was dirty. It was busy so I understand why the service was a little bare. They did offer my mom a free desert for her birthday which was a nice touch. As a last resort place I would go again but not my first choice.Special Features:
- An Enjoyable EveningJPRJDined on 6/14/2014Dining here is always pleasant. We were seated in the far room (not the room with the fireplace) near a ceiling speaker. As it was difficult to converse we asked if the sound could be turned down and it was immediately. This made conversation more pleasant though the dining room did fill up with happy customers. The Salmon & Halibut Provenzale was cooked perfectly and the Scallopini Caprice and a shared Cheese Cake with Blueberry sauce were enjoyed to the last bite. Service was attentive and friendly. We are looking forward to a return visit to try another of the many menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sylvia StewartOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014The 6 of us had a wonderful time. It's nice that you can get together with a group and have a conversation without coming out with a sore throat from yelling so you can hear one another. The food great. Our waiter was great, he had a couple of blips but nothing to get upset about. He noted them, apologized and got on with the service. The gals at the front desk were great. They made you feel at home from the minute you walked in. That to me is huge. I hate going into a place that has "nose in the air" hostess's Thank you for a enjoyable evening SylviaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but felt rushed!Foodlover90Dined on 6/7/2014Food was delicious but I wish the portions were just a bit bigger. I think that considering that the restaurant is just a tad nicer than another chain Italian restaurant, the service should be better. But our service was just acceptable, and we were given our bill early then our server said "no rush", and I noticed that no other table was given their bills early and the restaurant didn't seem terribly busy either so I didn't appreciate that. But other server who just walks around with a pitcher of water was very good and attentive, my cup was never empty for long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodAnneDined on 6/6/2014Food are always good, staff friendly. It was my daughter's birthday and the friendly waitress surprised her with a nice desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Initial Greeting not great BUT...skwilliDined on 6/6/2014When we arrived for our reservation, we were greeted by a bartender who was not very friendly. I had originally made a reservation for 5 people but when we arrived, the number changed to 4. When I advised the bartender, she let out a huge sign like she was annoyed & said, "so & so will be back in a minute to seat you. Given that, the food was good, the ambience was good but what made our evening was the waitress. She was engaged, funny & friendly. I would recommend this restaurant to friends & family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014I have not been to Pasquale's since 1999. The change in atmosphere, the experience and the food was fantastic. What made it even better was the cheerful, knowledgeable, and attentive service provided by out server. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just So SoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2014The food was lacking but the service was great. Won't be back. There are a lot of places in Calgary where for $200.00 we can get a better meal.
- Always ReliableHappyDinerDined on 5/26/2014This is a great Calgary family owned restaurant and we have been dining there for years. The menu is sufficiently extensive that it isn't boring, yet always reliable when you have a penchant for a familiar "comfort food" item. Needless to say it is authentically Italian with Pasquale as the chef/owner. I go there for business lunches & suppers in a booth where we can spread out papers, and also for quiet meals with family and friends. The back rooms are great when I've had small groups & presentations that need some privacy. The décor and ambience is a good blend of pleasant and modern functional. Service staff is always friendly and efficient. Lots of regulars go there for a reason!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new2townnew2townDined on 5/19/2014Food was really good! Lots of choice, would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great TimeRossiDined on 5/17/2014We were looking for romantic, with great food and service, and that was fulfilled! Very attentive staff and did not feel rushed, all of our dishes we were more than happy with. Would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great HostessAlex13Dined on 5/9/2014not sure if the hostess was the owner or not, I made an assumption she was, but very friendly, welcoming, personable and fun to chat with. To me, that initial experience, sets the tone for the rest of the evening at any establishment.Special Features:
- a favoriteflinflonDined on 4/22/2014great food, great service. recommend for any occasion.Special Features:
- Good but not great.loveitalianDined on 4/21/2014It was a good experience but not great. I ordered a veal dish and as it was good it wasn't wow. I wouldn't say I would go back for that dish. My husband had seafood piscatory, and he claimed the calamari was rubbery. The caesar salad was amazing. And so was my chocolate mousse. The service was alright. It looked like she had a hard time smiling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great2meetDined on 4/16/2014I quite liked being able to book on line and get a confirmation right away. Our service and food were very good. Enjoyed our lunch. Will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appitizer to DessertFridayFoodiesDined on 4/11/2014I was a great evening with great food from stuffed mushroom appies to crème caramel dessert and a steak cooked to perfection in-between. I will come again to try something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ace serviceHappydinerDined on 4/11/2014I never had trouble booking a table of 8 and don't have to wait. Good service, good food and kids friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent nightDebbieDined on 4/7/2014We were a group of 8 plus a 5 month old baby. The food was excellent and the service was exceptional. The only problem was that the washroom had no space to change a baby diaper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place for lunchDTM0603Dined on 4/7/2014Pasquales is a lovely restaurant with friendly staff and a relaxed atmosphere. It's the perfect place to have a conversation without the din of loud music and rushed wait staff. The food was well presented and the service was excellent. The starched tablecloths and napkins were a welcome touch of class. We have now added Pasquales on our list of "go to restaurants" when meeting friends for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014We arrived early and they seated us right away which was very nice. Unfortunately it was a busy area with lots of traffic. Service from the waitress was excellent except we missed out on any bread others were receiving. Tastes better than most we have eaten at and portions were more than enough, We enjoy a more quite atmosphere, to talk, so we will not be returning. Above average eatery but not our 1st choice.Special Features:
- I Liked - Hubby Loved!dcpv1Dined on 3/8/2014I really liked Pasquales and thought the service & food was really good. My husband thought it was fantastic! We went there for my in-laws 43rd anniversary and there were no complaints from any one of the 5 of us. My son ordered the chicken fingers but loved my penne pasta with rose sauce the best! We started off with the mushroom caps and they were a little different with the tomato sauce on top but tasted great, (they are however very rich). My husband had the ribs and caesar salad and loved them! Our server was great she was funny and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.