Odyssey Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar
603 E 6th Ave
Denver, CO 80203Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Odyssey Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.odyssey-italian-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 3033180102x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Everyday 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Open 4:00 Till Midnight On Friday and Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ignazio Mulei
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off premise full service catering - specializing in European menu.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a lovely private dining room with a cozy fireplace that is complete with a private dining booth. Available for wine tastings, birthdays and rehersal dinners etc. Menu prices range from $28.00 to $35.00 per person for an all inclusive dinner including appetizer, salad, choice of entree, dessert and soft beverages. Wine and cocktails available at a special price for large events.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Mulei ignaz 7208852227x
- Entertainment: Every Thursday we host local guitarist Damon Wood on the patio.
- Special Events: Monday Night Pasta Night. Enjoy any of our Italian Pastas for $8.95
A word from Odyssey Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar
Odyssey Italian Restaurant and Wine Bar is a local spot that will become your second home where you can savor authentic Sicilian dishes prepared using the freshest ingredients by our chef and owner Ignazio Mulei. Enjoy refreshing cocktails and a selection of Italian wines in a rustic Italian intimate setting with friendly service. Come in and dine in one of our dining room options; our small- but comfortable patio, our main casual dining area, our upstairs intimate dining area, or even our VIP table that can seat 6 comfortably, but you are welcomed to squeeze in all your friends and family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Odyssey Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Central ›
Odyssey Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (67)fit for foodies (52)special occasion (52)romantic (50)notable wine list (25)good for groups (23)great for outdoor dining (19)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- A great little findOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/27/2014We had dinner here Monday night and were pleasantly surprised. Were seating quickly. Michael, our waiter, was promptly there looking our needs. Made excellent food and wine suggestions. Service was fast. Food was outstanding. Rustica was a huge serving. The Bow tie pasta with Gorganzola cream sauce was outstanding. Don't pass up the Bananas Foster, either. All in all, a great meal. Don't miss this one.Special Features:
- Well...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2014Maybe I missed it, but I don't get the amazing reviews. Our group of 7 were seated right away and the service was superb... they really put effort in! But the menu is completely traditional... and we were not impressed with the food itself; there was over-flavoring of some dishes and nothing special that made any of us go "wow". It may be that our crowd was Chicago/NY based... hard to compete with that. It is in an old house- fairly off the beaten path- depending on your audience, it can be a nice place for a romantic dinner. I'd try Il Posto- far more interesting!Special Features:
- Unmatched service and great foodfoodfan1Dined on 10/26/2014We dined with a party of 6 on Sunday night. We had a hearing-impaired family member and were seated in a lovely upstairs room. The staff was so friendly and eager to please in every regard- they truly treat you like family. (Loved our server, Emma.) The food and wine were equally wonderful. The trout special was delicious. We live nearby and this place will surely become a habit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomelb13Dined on 10/26/2014We had amazing service and food. We'll definitely be dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnergdplrpDined on 10/25/2014We dined on Saturday evening and had reservations. The food and service were awesome. I would recommend this great gem to anyone - you will be amazed!Special Features:
- Disappointing Neighborhood EateryeatingoutDined on 10/25/2014This was my second visit to Odyssey. The first time I went, my food was average, somewhat bland and heavy. But my dining companion loved her pasta bolognese, so I took my son and husband there to give it another try. The restaurant was packed, the service was friendly but inept (our servers were switched and we had to re-order our drinks, we waited about 20 minutes for bread and drinks, the server whisked away my half-full wine carafe, I was given the wrong order first, then received my food after my son and husband had finished), and the food was average. We wanted to like this place, but just can't recommend it.
- Great Neighborhood FindHungryPlaygoerVIPDined on 10/25/2014This restaurant is close ( a short walk) from the Esquire and is handy for anyone going to a movie there. The service was great. The restaurant has a patio which is nice for fair weather dining. Besides common Italian offerings, the restaurant specializes in Sicilian dishes. The one I tried was prepared well and was delicious. Allow time for a leisurely meal when the restaurant gets busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner extraordinairePatriciaDined on 10/19/2014From initial greeting to seating to service & dining---what a perfect evening at a great little neighborhood restaurant. Gina, our waitress, was superb and immediately made us feel welcome. She had a thorough knowledge of all menu offerings and advised us perfectly. The wine selection was a delicious chianti, the caprese salad fresh & delish with a great balsamic reduction to enhance it, the simply prepared caesar salad was a good starter, and the shrimp-clam-mussel linguine in white sauce was superb! Finished with a fine slice of carrot cake. Nothing was skimped on. Charming old house interior. Gina's warm personality and attentive service made us feel at home. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/15/2014Super family restaurant atmosphere. We enjoyed the experience, thanks for helping us celebrate!Special Features:
- Parking!!!mangiaVIPDined on 10/11/2014This is a very nice Italian Restaurant the food is Southern Italian( Sicilian) very delicious. The wait staff very friendly and helpful. I so enjoy coming here. But, finding a parking place is horrid. We parked 3 blocks away on a neighborhood side street which was not bad at 6:00 pm but walking back to our car after 8:00 pm in October was scary and dangerous with the uneven side walks and very poor lighting. I suggest only going in the summer months when it is lighter outside.Special Features:
- DrinkTheGraveyDined on 10/10/2014the most fantastic Italian dinning experience in Denver.Special Features:
- Nice placeHlg1234VIPDined on 10/10/2014The service was very good. The food was just good. I ordered the red snapper, which was a bit too salty...and I love salty. My husband ordered the lamb medium rare and it came out medium well...pretty typical for a place like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great ExperienceDougVIPDined on 10/8/2014Have had dinner here several times and all meals have been well above average. Obyssey is a small spot with cozy seating and a wonderful large menu with specialties of Sicily and Southern Italy. This is quite authentic. We were in Southern Italy recently and this compares very favorably. Good service and warm Italian owners who make you feel welcome. Nice list of Italian wines.Special Features:
- What a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014We tried Odyssey Italian Restaurant for the first time. It was awesome. The restaurant is located in a old house and is run by a Sicilian Family. The food was to die for and the service was personal and attentive. My husband had Chicken Parmesan and I had Veal Marsala. Both were excellent. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- a treat for your sensesjgDenverVIPDined on 10/3/2014Outstanding local Denver Italian restaurant. Healthy portions. Attentive wait staff... for the dollar; a delicious choice for authentic Italian foodSpecial Features:
- Wow what a findproudmomma50Dined on 9/30/2014this place doesn't look like much but inside was a surprise, the restaurant does have a bar on the ground floor tucked away in the corner, with table service. We were there just before our reservation and chose an upstairs table. Warm and inviting. We thoroughly enjoyed the wait staff, ambiance and especially the food. We had the Fried Calamari and the stuffed mushroom appetizers, both delicious and freshly made. Then had the Spaghetti and meatball dinner and the fish platter. yummmmmm. Prices were appropriate for the food. We will be going there again.Special Features:
- A MissOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/26/2014Could not believe the great reviews. Our food we could not finish, no flavor. Maybe we just went on an off night. Will not return.
- Wonderful Italian family restaurantLove2dinelocalDined on 9/25/2014You won't be disappointed with anything! Food, service, ambience, everything.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing NightSilverfeather73VIPDined on 9/24/2014Had a great time. The owner was fun, friendly, and generous. Our poor server did a great job, even with 1 broken finger and another one that had a cut. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentfife78Dined on 9/20/2014We were in the neighborhood for one of our kids activities and found Odyssey on line and decided to give it a try. We didn't really know what to expect but wow were we pleasantly surprised! The food was great and the service was even better. It was a quaint little place with a great feel for a nice dinner for my wife and I. Even though it will be a little bit of a drive we will definitely be back. My wife and I were already discussing making it a monthly dinner place. We loved it!Special Features:
- My Odyssey ExperienceFoodie2222Dined on 9/19/2014Odyssey had phenomenal food. The staff were so polite and kind. I would recommend it to anyone living in or visiting denver. It is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Excellent ServiceMaximillian00VIPDined on 9/19/2014We arrived a little early for our reservation but we're immediately seated at a great table outside on a perfect night. Although the wine list was not the most extensive, we did find two very good wines to enjoy. The Caprese salad appetizer was very fresh. Both entrees were very tasty, lots of garlic, but it really enhanced all of the wonderful flavors of our food. We would definitely recommend this place and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian food ever!!LisaDined on 9/17/2014I took my family to Odyssey Italian Restaurant for a very special occasion and was not disappointed. It began with being seated at the VIP table to free samples of Italian cheeses, an overview of the history of the place by Ignacio (the owner), delicious appetizers and ravioli for dinner and bananas foster cooked table-side afterwards. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a special evening in a cool historic house!Special Features:
- Wonderful family owned restaurantDTDenverDined on 9/17/2014The Bolognese was terrific. Service was wonderful. Waitress and owner made us feel like we had been coming there for years.Special Features:
- Great Experience All AroundMisterEdVIPDined on 9/13/2014There were five of us and couldn't decide what to eat. Our waitress, Emma, was very knowledgeable and made appropriate suggestions. We ended up ordering family style, which was perfect since the portions are quite large. The butternut squash ravioli and veal saltimbucco (sp?) were standout dishes. The atmosphere is great for a small group as well as a romantic dinner for two. We all left raving about the food and service. We will be back.Special Features:
- Amazing Food & Wonderful ServiceBarbieEDined on 9/10/2014The entire staff is excited about their jobs, from the hostess, to the server, the chef...they love what they do. We had a wonderful time and the food was amazing!Special Features:
- Love Pasta MondayshbweaverVIPDined on 9/8/2014Odyssey is great any day of the week, but on Mondays, they feature their pasta for only $8.95, including a salad and bread. Same serving size as usual. You will absolutely have leftovers. We love this little neighborhood favorite. Great food, terrific service, nice energy and terrific selection of wines by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favorite spotmmmmgoodDined on 9/6/2014A lovely, kind of old fashioned southern Italian restaurant. As others have mentioned, the service is a stand-out. There is lots of variety on the menu, enough to please anyone. And, the food was delicious all around, with a beautiful presentation. It's cozy, but faces busy 6th Ave. There was even a violin player the night we were there! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "OUTSTANDING" is not enough toThePoetDined on 9/3/2014OUTSTANDING SERVICE!!! Great food, amazing ambiance, very nice atmosphere - I love this place. Will come back time and again now since discovering it! A hidden gem, rates with the best Italian food I have ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2014Took care of a group of 11, 2 birthdays. Great food, service! Will be back again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectSTLFoodieVIPDined on 8/28/2014We're a difficult group to please. Multiple special orders prepared to exact specifications. Pasta outstanding as was service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyhourfunDined on 8/26/2014always a fabulous meal and a wonderful evening! Food was delicious, service was great. First time sitting upstairs and loved the ambianceSpecial Features:
- ServiceTriplecrownVIPDined on 8/26/2014Michael did a great job and you always walk away with food to take home from the generous portions.Special Features:
- We loved the ambiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/23/2014Everyone at our table ordered the snapper, it was d'lish. Staff is very attentive and thoughtful. They want to please you in any way. Great place for a romantic evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little Italian spotniknamedDined on 8/22/2014I've eaten here before and the service was very attentive and the servings very generous (i always take half my meal home). The only slight glitch was the noise level. They had a violinist playing romantic Italian music but the place is pretty small and not acoustically suited for a lot of sound so whenever she'd play, the conversations became much louder to be heard over her. It was a nice gesture but probably not the best idea for that room. Several times I had to ask my dining companion to speak up and we were practically shouting at each other. But the food is great! All family recipes from Sicily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BettyVIPDined on 8/22/2014Always a pleasant atmsophere and eveyone is so o o nice....... We enjoy taking new friends to this restaurant.Special Features:
- very good foodjmb14Dined on 8/16/2014Our second visit to Odyssey - almost as good as the first (which was exceptional with wine tasting). With four in our party we had two butternut squash ravioli dinners and 2 chicken dinners - all of us were very pleased with our meals. We splurged on bananas foster which was prepared tableside. A special teat was long-stemmed roses for the ladies as we left.Special Features:
- Best Italian restaurant in DenverWheatridge1VIPDined on 8/15/2014Cannot get enough of this restaurant. Outstanding food, service, ambiance and wine selection. Friday night we shared crab stuffed mushrooms, melon wrapped in prosciutto with gorgonzola crumbles, rack of lamb, veal marsala, veal osso bucco and veal stuffed with salami and cheese. Everything was exceptional. Add to that, the great Italian wine and bananas Foster flambeed at tableside . It does not get any better than that. Mike, his father and staff are the best hosts ever. As I have said before "Get in there now! - What are you waiting for?" You will not be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Multo BuonoGeneDined on 8/8/2014Not only is the food outstanding, especially the red sauce, but the ambiance is also great. They make you feel at home. The chef and owner came to our table and toasted us with limoncello, which was "on the house". Since this is a Sicilian restaurant, you will find items not usually found on other Italian restaurants. If you go to eat, reserve the VIP table. It's a little alcove that can fit up to six people and it makes the evening even more special. My wife and I have been there three times and we plan on returning and trying other items on the menu. One cannot have good Italian food without wine and the wine list has some notable additions of Sicilian wines. Finally, the prices are very reasonable and the portions are large.Special Features:
- AmazingLaceyVIPDined on 8/5/2014I love everything about this place... I am ready to become a regular. They celebrated a birthday when I was there. That's where I want mine celebrated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.