Odyssey Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar
603 E 6th Ave
Denver, CO 80203Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Odyssey Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.odyssey-italian-restaurant.com/
- Phone: (303) 318-0102
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Everyday 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Open 4:00 Till Midnight On Friday and Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ignazio Mulei
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off premise full service catering - specializing in European menu.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a lovely private dining room with a cozy fireplace that is complete with a private dining booth. Available for wine tastings, birthdays and rehersal dinners etc. Menu prices range from $28.00 to $35.00 per person for an all inclusive dinner including appetizer, salad, choice of entree, dessert and soft beverages. Wine and cocktails available at a special price for large events.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Mulei ignaz 7208852227x
- Entertainment: Every Thursday we host local guitarist Damon Wood on the patio.
- Special Events: Monday Night Pasta Night. Enjoy any of our Italian Pastas for $8.95
A word from Odyssey Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar
Odyssey Italian Restaurant and Wine Bar is a local spot that will become your second home where you can savor authentic Sicilian dishes prepared using the freshest ingredients by our chef and owner Ignazio Mulei. Enjoy refreshing cocktails and a selection of Italian wines in a rustic Italian intimate setting with friendly service. Come in and dine in one of our dining room options; our small- but comfortable patio, our main casual dining area, our upstairs intimate dining area, or even our VIP table that can seat 6 comfortably, but you are welcomed to squeeze in all your friends and family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Odyssey Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Central ›
Odyssey Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (76)romantic (59)special occasion (58)fit for foodies (55)notable wine list (26)good for groups (22)great for outdoor dining (17)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great "discovery"Zayde2beDined on 11/22/2014Went here with family including an infant. Chose Odyssey based on other reviews which turned out to be quite accurate. They took incredible care of us. Initially I was concerned the baby might make too much noise but the restaurant isn't a quiet place so there were no problems. The food was great as was the service. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Restaurant with good Italian foodSbull1280VIPDined on 11/18/2014It was a very nice restauarant, good Italian food. It has a romantic ambiance. Good for a date, not so much with just a friend. The food was good, but very filling. Really cute atmosphere but you are close to the table next to you, if that bothers you.Special Features:
- Fun, special place- we celebrated 3 birthdays6fordinnerDined on 11/14/2014They didn't do anything special for birthdays, other than 3 candles in a dessert that we paid for, but otherwise it was fun and food was very good. The bread was great as others have said, but they only brought one small one for six of us. The entrees were large and most of us took home leftovers. Caesar salad included with each meal was really good. We sat in the round booth in the window which was fun, although not the easiest for getting in and out or for serving our food but it seemed to be the best spot. All in all, we would recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcoming neighborhood restaurant.ColetteDined on 11/14/2014Good food, friendly service. The owner will be sure to let you know he's happy you chose his restaurant. Unpretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experience!FantasticVIPDined on 11/11/2014This is a great place for family dining, as well as an intimate evening with the one you love. Built in a house from the early 1900s, Odyssey captures a rustic ambiance that is second to none. We were celebrating a birthday so were seated in a cozy location by the fireplace, and were treated to a tray of meats and cheeses to enjoy with staff selection bottle of wine. The food is amazing (with large portions) and the staff is perhaps one of the most attentive, and gregarious that I have enjoyed in quite some timeSpecial Features:
- You won't be disappointed.JMRDENDined on 11/8/2014Situated in an old house, atmosphere is outstanding. The staff is attentive and friendly. The food selection and preparation are top notch.Special Features:
- Take Your TimeFreshAirFoodieDined on 11/7/2014This dining experience was somewhat like those on our recent trip to Italy, where you must request your ticket in order to depart the premises: a two hour tour of excellent food, attentive service, and altogether energetic staff dashing about all evening attending to the overflow crowd. It was somewhat noisy for celebrating my wife's birthday but the staff was so wonderful and attentive that we were swept up in the obvious enthusiasm for their work. The food, being Sicilian, is focused on substantial flavors and portions. We shared an appetizer and an entree that was vegetarian (but also with anchovies) recommended by the owner/host; excellent! Parking WILL be an issue, so be prepared to hunt for a spot and walk for a block or two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The way dinner is supposed to beScotDined on 11/1/2014Love the Odyssey. Feels like home - friendly service, very good food, a real neighborhood gem. Don't be in a hurry, relax and enjoy.Special Features:
- Outstanding dining experienceWheatridge1VIPDined on 10/30/2014This restaurant continues to blow us away with outstanding food, wine, service and ambiance. You will not find a greater dining experience in the Denver metro area. I am now eating foods, which I never thought I would like, such as rack of lamb and chicken risotto soup with chicken thighs. Previously, we were not to fond of Italian wines, but the Italian wines Michael has brought in are now some of our favorites. As we have said before - if you have not been to Odyssey, get in there - what are you waiting for? You will not be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great little findBrecksterVIPDined on 10/27/2014We had dinner here Monday night and were pleasantly surprised. Were seating quickly. Michael, our waiter, was promptly there looking our needs. Made excellent food and wine suggestions. Service was fast. Food was outstanding. Rustica was a huge serving. The Bow tie pasta with Gorganzola cream sauce was outstanding. Don't pass up the Bananas Foster, either. All in all, a great meal. Don't miss this one.Special Features:
- Well...OkandOkDined on 10/27/2014Maybe I missed it, but I don't get the amazing reviews. Our group of 7 were seated right away and the service was superb... they really put effort in! But the menu is completely traditional... and we were not impressed with the food itself; there was over-flavoring of some dishes and nothing special that made any of us go "wow". It may be that our crowd was Chicago/NY based... hard to compete with that. It is in an old house- fairly off the beaten path- depending on your audience, it can be a nice place for a romantic dinner. I'd try Il Posto- far more interesting!Special Features:
- Unmatched service and great foodfoodfan1Dined on 10/26/2014We dined with a party of 6 on Sunday night. We had a hearing-impaired family member and were seated in a lovely upstairs room. The staff was so friendly and eager to please in every regard- they truly treat you like family. (Loved our server, Emma.) The food and wine were equally wonderful. The trout special was delicious. We live nearby and this place will surely become a habit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomelb13Dined on 10/26/2014We had amazing service and food. We'll definitely be dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnergdplrpDined on 10/25/2014We dined on Saturday evening and had reservations. The food and service were awesome. I would recommend this great gem to anyone - you will be amazed!Special Features:
- Disappointing Neighborhood EateryeatingoutDined on 10/25/2014This was my second visit to Odyssey. The first time I went, my food was average, somewhat bland and heavy. But my dining companion loved her pasta bolognese, so I took my son and husband there to give it another try. The restaurant was packed, the service was friendly but inept (our servers were switched and we had to re-order our drinks, we waited about 20 minutes for bread and drinks, the server whisked away my half-full wine carafe, I was given the wrong order first, then received my food after my son and husband had finished), and the food was average. We wanted to like this place, but just can't recommend it.
- Great Neighborhood FindHungryPlaygoerVIPDined on 10/25/2014This restaurant is close ( a short walk) from the Esquire and is handy for anyone going to a movie there. The service was great. The restaurant has a patio which is nice for fair weather dining. Besides common Italian offerings, the restaurant specializes in Sicilian dishes. The one I tried was prepared well and was delicious. Allow time for a leisurely meal when the restaurant gets busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicechoppy48Dined on 10/22/2014My wife and I celebrated an anniversary here. The food and service were great. It's a little tight dinning area, so if you're chlostaphobic it may be a problem :).. the only issue is that it was hard to find parking close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner extraordinairePatriciaDined on 10/19/2014From initial greeting to seating to service & dining---what a perfect evening at a great little neighborhood restaurant. Gina, our waitress, was superb and immediately made us feel welcome. She had a thorough knowledge of all menu offerings and advised us perfectly. The wine selection was a delicious chianti, the caprese salad fresh & delish with a great balsamic reduction to enhance it, the simply prepared caesar salad was a good starter, and the shrimp-clam-mussel linguine in white sauce was superb! Finished with a fine slice of carrot cake. Nothing was skimped on. Charming old house interior. Gina's warm personality and attentive service made us feel at home. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/15/2014Super family restaurant atmosphere. We enjoyed the experience, thanks for helping us celebrate!Special Features:
- Parking!!!mangiaVIPDined on 10/11/2014This is a very nice Italian Restaurant the food is Southern Italian( Sicilian) very delicious. The wait staff very friendly and helpful. I so enjoy coming here. But, finding a parking place is horrid. We parked 3 blocks away on a neighborhood side street which was not bad at 6:00 pm but walking back to our car after 8:00 pm in October was scary and dangerous with the uneven side walks and very poor lighting. I suggest only going in the summer months when it is lighter outside.Special Features:
- DrinkTheGraveyDined on 10/10/2014the most fantastic Italian dinning experience in Denver.Special Features:
- Nice placeHlg1234VIPDined on 10/10/2014The service was very good. The food was just good. I ordered the red snapper, which was a bit too salty...and I love salty. My husband ordered the lamb medium rare and it came out medium well...pretty typical for a place like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great ExperienceDougVIPDined on 10/8/2014Have had dinner here several times and all meals have been well above average. Obyssey is a small spot with cozy seating and a wonderful large menu with specialties of Sicily and Southern Italy. This is quite authentic. We were in Southern Italy recently and this compares very favorably. Good service and warm Italian owners who make you feel welcome. Nice list of Italian wines.Special Features:
- What a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014We tried Odyssey Italian Restaurant for the first time. It was awesome. The restaurant is located in a old house and is run by a Sicilian Family. The food was to die for and the service was personal and attentive. My husband had Chicken Parmesan and I had Veal Marsala. Both were excellent. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- a treat for your sensesjgDenverVIPDined on 10/3/2014Outstanding local Denver Italian restaurant. Healthy portions. Attentive wait staff... for the dollar; a delicious choice for authentic Italian foodSpecial Features:
- Wow what a findproudmomma50Dined on 9/30/2014this place doesn't look like much but inside was a surprise, the restaurant does have a bar on the ground floor tucked away in the corner, with table service. We were there just before our reservation and chose an upstairs table. Warm and inviting. We thoroughly enjoyed the wait staff, ambiance and especially the food. We had the Fried Calamari and the stuffed mushroom appetizers, both delicious and freshly made. Then had the Spaghetti and meatball dinner and the fish platter. yummmmmm. Prices were appropriate for the food. We will be going there again.Special Features:
- A MissOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/26/2014Could not believe the great reviews. Our food we could not finish, no flavor. Maybe we just went on an off night. Will not return.
- Wonderful Italian family restaurantLove2dinelocalDined on 9/25/2014You won't be disappointed with anything! Food, service, ambience, everything.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing NightSilverfeather73VIPDined on 9/24/2014Had a great time. The owner was fun, friendly, and generous. Our poor server did a great job, even with 1 broken finger and another one that had a cut. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentfife78Dined on 9/20/2014We were in the neighborhood for one of our kids activities and found Odyssey on line and decided to give it a try. We didn't really know what to expect but wow were we pleasantly surprised! The food was great and the service was even better. It was a quaint little place with a great feel for a nice dinner for my wife and I. Even though it will be a little bit of a drive we will definitely be back. My wife and I were already discussing making it a monthly dinner place. We loved it!Special Features:
- My Odyssey ExperienceFoodie2222Dined on 9/19/2014Odyssey had phenomenal food. The staff were so polite and kind. I would recommend it to anyone living in or visiting denver. It is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Excellent ServiceMaximillian00VIPDined on 9/19/2014We arrived a little early for our reservation but we're immediately seated at a great table outside on a perfect night. Although the wine list was not the most extensive, we did find two very good wines to enjoy. The Caprese salad appetizer was very fresh. Both entrees were very tasty, lots of garlic, but it really enhanced all of the wonderful flavors of our food. We would definitely recommend this place and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian food ever!!LisaDined on 9/17/2014I took my family to Odyssey Italian Restaurant for a very special occasion and was not disappointed. It began with being seated at the VIP table to free samples of Italian cheeses, an overview of the history of the place by Ignacio (the owner), delicious appetizers and ravioli for dinner and bananas foster cooked table-side afterwards. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a special evening in a cool historic house!Special Features:
- Wonderful family owned restaurantDTDenverDined on 9/17/2014The Bolognese was terrific. Service was wonderful. Waitress and owner made us feel like we had been coming there for years.Special Features:
- Great Experience All AroundMisterEdVIPDined on 9/13/2014There were five of us and couldn't decide what to eat. Our waitress, Emma, was very knowledgeable and made appropriate suggestions. We ended up ordering family style, which was perfect since the portions are quite large. The butternut squash ravioli and veal saltimbucco (sp?) were standout dishes. The atmosphere is great for a small group as well as a romantic dinner for two. We all left raving about the food and service. We will be back.Special Features:
- Amazing Food & Wonderful ServiceBarbieEDined on 9/10/2014The entire staff is excited about their jobs, from the hostess, to the server, the chef...they love what they do. We had a wonderful time and the food was amazing!Special Features:
- Love Pasta MondayshbweaverVIPDined on 9/8/2014Odyssey is great any day of the week, but on Mondays, they feature their pasta for only $8.95, including a salad and bread. Same serving size as usual. You will absolutely have leftovers. We love this little neighborhood favorite. Great food, terrific service, nice energy and terrific selection of wines by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favorite spotmmmmgoodDined on 9/6/2014A lovely, kind of old fashioned southern Italian restaurant. As others have mentioned, the service is a stand-out. There is lots of variety on the menu, enough to please anyone. And, the food was delicious all around, with a beautiful presentation. It's cozy, but faces busy 6th Ave. There was even a violin player the night we were there! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "OUTSTANDING" is not enough toThePoetDined on 9/3/2014OUTSTANDING SERVICE!!! Great food, amazing ambiance, very nice atmosphere - I love this place. Will come back time and again now since discovering it! A hidden gem, rates with the best Italian food I have ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2014Took care of a group of 11, 2 birthdays. Great food, service! Will be back again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.