Morton's The Steakhouse - Sacramento
621 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Sacramento
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 9164425091
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday & Sunday 4:30PM - 10:00PM, Friday & Saturday 4:30PM - 11:00PM.
"Power Hour" is 4:30PM - 6:30PM and again at 9:00PM until close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Sacramento hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/sacramento
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Sacramento
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Morton's The Steakhouse - Sacramento - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Sacramento reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (94)notable wine list (59)romantic (52)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (33)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (12)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- iheartmortonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014They made Gabriel...my son's 12th bday celebration more special. The host took a family picture of us and gave Gabriel a Morton's bday card with our photo that night. Heather, our server made it more special by giving us a complimentary LEMON souffle...the service and food are exceptional!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the place to dineSteak4meDined on 9/22/2014As always dining at Morton's is the best. The food is great and you can't beat the service and friendly staff. Would highly recommend!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the high pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I eat out quite often and we like to eat at very nice restaurants occasionally and don't mind paying the prices when we feel that we have had a memorable experience. We did not get this from Morton's. I ordered the sea bass, it was fishy. The sauce that came with it was good. My husband's steak was overcooked. The lobster bisque is mediocre. We should have said something but just didn't. We just won't go back. I will say the crab cakes and the bread were awesome. We had eaten there several years earlier and had a nice experience, just not enough to Wow us back there. When I pay that kind of money I want to love it. Someone gave us a gift certificate, that's why we went there this time.
- Excellent Food2coolDined on 9/20/2014Everytime we return to Morton's, we are impressed with consistent excellence in service, food & ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSmithDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I needed a romantic night out and Mortens was a great choice! The service was excellent and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly disappointedEatsoutalotDined on 9/18/2014Restaurant was very loud even though it wasn't that crowded. Entrees are overpriced, especially considering you don't even get vegetables or anything with a piece of meat. The tab for the two of us was $210 and we didn't even get dessert and split both the salad and side of vegetables...that is obscene! I had heard good things about Morton's but I was sadly disappointed.
- summer saladzmonkeyDined on 9/18/2014first the summer watermelon salad was excellent. halibut was good too. steaks tend to be salty and i love salt. keep trying to love their steaks but hasn'thappened yet.Special Features:
- HsunadaDined on 9/18/2014Only beers by the bottle and incredibly overpriced. House Chardonnay was so so. But food and service were excellent. They gave us a complimentary dessert and picture of us for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionVeryPickyDinerDined on 9/14/2014I celebrated my birthday with my wife and had a enjoyable time. Our dinner's were done to our specific instruction's to our waiter. I was so impressed that I returned with my parent's to give them an opportunity to experience the "Morton's experience".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food lovely placesummertimefineDined on 9/13/2014Great food lovely place expensive experience but we'll worth it.Dinner was amazing. FOOD EXCELLENT. ... desert excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's Steak House SacramentoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Great service, great food. A little pricy but worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!RoyalFoodieDined on 9/12/2014Upscale ambiance and food offerings..the Cajun Ribeye was to die for!! Enjoy wine with dinner? You will have a BOOK to choose from, plus countless cocktails from the bar. Service was impeccable and I adore the dining lamps on each table.. Little pewter pot belly pigs, " full, happy, content" .. How you feel after dining at Morton's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRayNJulie1969Dined on 9/11/2014Food, service, atmosphere was all wonderful. We spent more than we've ever spent on a dinner for two but splurged with Martinis, crab and bernaise topping on our filet mignon and desserts. Was a worthwhile splurge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A top special occasion spot.GaryVIPDined on 9/8/2014Exceeded our expectations. For that special occasion or if you crave the perfect steak, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryRhanDhDined on 9/7/2014The staff made our special day even more special. They stopped by to take our picture and it seemed that everyone stopped by to congratulate us. Just 1st class- Oh, the food was amazing also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceCMacDined on 9/6/2014We could not have been happier to celebrate our 45 Wedding Anniversary at Morton's Steakhouse. It was absolutely wonderful, from the Hostess greeting to the wait staff. Our food choice was also excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsLindaLeeMcDined on 9/6/2014We had a wonderful evening celebrating two birthdays. This is truly fine dining. Wait staff is exceptional. Food delicious and I love that the noise level is vibrant but moderate. You can easily talk during your meal. Don't miss the Creme Brulee' Cheesecake with fresh berries. OMG!Special Features:
- I LOVE MORTONSgoodtimesDined on 9/3/2014For my girlfriends first time there she loved the food but we were both dissappointed in the attention we felt we were receiving from our waiter. I had to ask for lemon for my water 4 times and we did not receive our bread until after 20 min about 2 min before we received our main course. Givin that we did not order appetizers it should not have took that long. We felt we were not shown the proper attention as the people sitting right accross from us were. The Greeting we received was excellent and had us feeling very excited until we began dinning. Food was excellent as always. When having our food boxed up to go waiter forgot to bring us our food back. I had to request it after he had valet retreive my car. Felt profiled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdricoDined on 9/3/2014As always, The Morton's in Sacramento is the best Morton's I've ever eaten in. I've been saying this for years, and my guests from out of town concur with me. I truly believe it's due in large part to the excellent staff and their manager, Neil. I rate this as good as any Steak House in The CountrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So specialMeekoB94501VIPDined on 8/28/2014We both enjoyed the filet/prawns. Outstanding. Greeted with a personalized menu as it was my birthday get-away trip. Hostess took a picture and presented it in a nice card, what a unique touch! I look at the pic daily and remember the special night. Excellent food, service couldn't have been better. It's a must-go spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014The cheesecake surprise for our anniversary was perfect, thank youSpecial Features:
- Excellence from start to finishGratefulDinerDined on 8/24/2014Thank you for your excellence! Details well attended to from start to finish. Attentive and accommodating valet, personal and professional greeting, impeccable/subtle/personable service, excellent food/wine, follow-up call perfect! Thank you all. You created an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!DavidDined on 8/19/2014The steaks are outstanding! The food presentation is perfect, I would recommend this to anyone who wants an elegant night out!Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner also first time.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Just amazing, we were expecting good things and definitely weren't let down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too long to wait for dessertlisascircleDined on 8/16/2014The servers were friendly and knowledgeable regarding the menu, but it was 2 1/2 hours for three courses. The food was good, but I'm not sure I would want to wait 20 minutes again for a piece of carrot cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent food/serviceMortonsDined on 8/14/2014This is a go-to restaurant if you want to impress someone special. I have always had a good time at Mortons. Its not cheap, but as often as we come, we still enjoy ourselves.Special Features:
- Amazing serviceBrittDined on 8/9/2014The staff was so kind and personable. The manager visited with each and every customer that came through the door. I have never been to a restaurant with better service and the food was amazing as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014I would definitely recommend Mortons on making a special occasion, such as an anniversary a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodKCalVIPDined on 8/6/2014This was my first trip to a Morton's for almost 20 years, and I wasn't disappointed. The salads were crisp and tasty, the steaks done perfectly and the sides wonderfully delicious. The wine list is daunting, they have so many good ones it's hard to decide. Definitely pricey, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- completely awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014My wife and I had our first date at mortons over 13 years ago. We finally made it back to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. They treated us like the guests of honor and truly made the night special for us. I recommend them to anyone wanting to go somewhere special to have a celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Six Stars - fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/4/2014Wife and I just enjoyed our 35th anniversary at Morton's Sacramento. It was absolutely great!!! I would give it Six stars if I could. Neil the General Manager printed a menu commemorating our occasion -- a very nice momento, topped with with a complimentary photograph of us at our table. Another nice memento. The food, needless to say, was merely fantastic. Her salmon was grilled perfectly. My seafood (crab cake) and steak (6 oz filet) was also done very nicely. Mac and Cheese side was excellent, as was the Lobster Bisque soup. Everything was great. Service by Shane and Neil also outstanding. It was a wonderful evening at our "go-to" special occasion, any occasion place.Special Features:
- Fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Superb cuisine served by courteous, friendly and professional staff.Special Features:
- Outstanding Foodluv2eatsteakDined on 8/2/2014Everything we ate was awesome! Excellent customer service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food / OK ServiceGivemalltomeDined on 8/2/2014As expected the steak was great. My wife had the shrimp with crab and very good as well. Our table service seamed to lack some of the other tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014The food was amazing! The waiter was fantastic. My only complaint is that it was very loud inside making it difficult to hear the rest of my party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what the doctor ordered...Wildbil53Dined on 7/23/2014Like so many these days, the past few weeks were hurried, rushed, filled and exhausting... My wife and I decided to take a midweek vacation, book a room in Sacramento and have an incredible meal. Our restaurant of choice was Morton's... because Morton's NEVER has disappointed, whether it is the bar, the staff, the food, the ambience. It all rocked! Thank you.Special Features:
- Great Service and superb food!MarktooDined on 7/22/2014Although expensive, Morton's is without a doubt, the best place to get a prime grade steak in Sacramento. My Porterhouse was one of the best steaks I have ever had in my 64 years on the planet! From the bacon-wrapped scallops to the hot-fudge sundae, everything was excellent and the service couldn't have been more gracious and attentive. Little things make this dining experience special as well; I was celebrating a wedding anniversary and each of the staff made sure to congratulates us, they took our picture and gave it to us in a nice signed card, they gave us complementary deserts and made us feel special.Special Features:
- Amazing Food and Service butOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014At Mortons, the food is absolutely amazing and the customer service was top notch. My concern lies in the ambience, there were people in t-shirts, kids being loud, making noise, and running around. I took my parents to their first five star dinning, spent one third of my monthly mortgage on dinner. I expected Morton's to be more responsive to the noise level and professionalism of their cliental. As a result of the kids, my parents and I had a difficulty hearing each other. It was a major draw back that makes me consider not going back.Special Features:
- Best steak in town.....SteakloverDined on 7/18/2014My hubby and I went here for our anniversary and it was fantastic !! Loved the food, service, ambience everything.Special Features:
- Great Food, Service, Cigar Patio!CmsbeltVIPDined on 7/16/2014As with most of the Morton's chain, excellent steak, great service, and a warm ambience. A big plus at this location is the ability to have a cigar on the back patio. The bar crew, especially Delaney, was outstanding.