225 East Seventh Avenue
Denver, CO 80203Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mizunadenver.com/
- Phone: 3038324778
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Frank Bonanno
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Mizuna can accommodate up to 15 guests in our private dining room. Full buyouts are available for parties up to 55. Please contact our event coordinator for details.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Schwartz 3035251702
A word from Mizuna
Mizuna resonates with quiet conversation. The linen-draped tables and soft yellow dining room perfectly highlight the cuisine, also simple, elegant, and understated. Chef/owner Frank Bonanno has created a special spot for food lovers here. At Mizuna, cooks are given free creative reign over a menu that changes monthly to emphasize pure, seasonal ingredients with clean flavors that make even the most exotic fare seem familiar. Ultimately, this is an American-style restaurant heavy on French technique, influence, and philosophy with flawless service and an eclectic assortment of international wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Mizuna - Best Restaurants in Central ›
Mizuna reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (86)special occasion (84)romantic (70)notable wine list (66)neighborhood gem (46)hot spot (8)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Mizuna always WowsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014As usual, Mizuna wowed us woth perfect everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECTDavidDined on 8/30/2014A "go to" for a special occasion. This time a birthday. It was great this time as it has been in the past. Great and inventive food choices, new tastes, well presented and served. A great choice1Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu / excellent foodRLReasonsVIPDined on 8/28/2014Late reservation so restaurant pretty empty on a Thursday night. Great service, strong recommendations with great menu knowledge. Excellent food - mussels and sweetbreads is a unique and excellent pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection DiningReeWritesDined on 8/28/2014After multiple high praises for Mizuna from friends in the know, we chose to go there to celebrate our 38th anniversary. It could not have been more appropriate! Beginning with complimentary champagne and ending with desserts to die for (not to mention, a fabulous half bottle of Baumard Savennières chenin blanc wine), every moment and morsel was savored. HIGH recommendations to anyone wanting to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding diningDAVEDined on 8/27/2014I have been here a few times and the food and service are both exceptional- Sit in the wine room if you can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold Food, Great Servicegreenbee1978Dined on 8/23/2014The service was excellent and we felt very satisfied with how we were treated. Unfortunately, our food was delivered cold and the $39.00 ribeye came in small slices. Everything we ordered was heavily salted and the scallop seemed nearly undecooked. Sadly, I would not recommend this establishment. I felt embarrassed I suggested this restaurant to my sibling who had driven 10 hours to visit.
- Nice outdoorKathyDined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed our dining experience. The Mac cheese lobster app was not hot and kitchen graciously took back and made it right. The scallops were delicious. Wine suggestions were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for an AnniversaryDenverKidDined on 8/21/2014We started out with a glass of champagne and it just got better. The Spanish octopus appetizer was delicious and so was the roasted beet salad and then there was the duck and the New York strip, it was delicious. Our waiter was very good and took good care of my wife and I on our anniversary. I also recommend the sommelier who was a great help us and matched our meal perfectly.Special Features:
- Oh, WOW!!LovepilatesDined on 8/20/2014On Wednesday evening, my husband and I went to Mizuna for the first time to celebrate our anniversary. The appetizer was mac and cheese with poached Maine Lobster. Sounds pretty ordinary and simple, but it is NOT. It was the very best mac and cheese with lobster we have ever eaten. Can't wait to go back and just eat that!! My husband had Diver Scallops and I had the Roasted Duck Breast. Everything was just wonderful. The waiter couldn't have been more attentive and pleasant. As each course was presented, new silverware was placed on the table. It was a nice change from having to eat with the same fork. Definitely fwill be going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGstellaDined on 8/20/2014We frequent Mizuna...because it is always PERFECT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experienceJJandMLDined on 8/19/2014Mizuna is an absolute gem. The service, food and wine were second to none. Definitely try the Lobster Mac and Cheese along with he Octopus appetizers. The duck was the best I've had in years.Special Features:
- Great experienceRMILDined on 8/16/2014The ambience was nice, food superb and the service impeccable. One of the best Denver restaurants.Special Features:
- Simply AWESOME!!FatDaddyVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have been here many times thru the years. It never disappoints. The food & service were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceKristenDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary at your restaurant and had a fantastic time. The food was delicious and our waiter was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. We will definitely be recommending your restaurant to our friends and family as a spot for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!DineOutFrequentlyDined on 8/9/2014Nothing more needs to be said; always the best! Thanks to Frank and his entire staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, Great PeopleSteveDined on 8/9/2014Mizuna incredibly keeps it's high quality of food and service. The people are always welcoming, not just the Hostess but anyone who is near the door when you arrive. You almost feel like you're visiting a relative's home. The menu changes seasonally but the presentation and quality stays exceptional. We took friends who had never been there before and they were extremely impressed. The staff made them feel at home and we all had a different entree and they were all great.Special Features:
- 22ndAnniversaryCoupleDined on 8/8/2014Totally worth the hype it gets and definitely a place to celebrate an anniversary or any other special occasion. The lobster mac & cheese really is good! The ingredients are put together in compelling taste combinations w/unusual subtlety of detail. Only BIG disappointment was the baby greens salad- totally blah albeit w/the expected freshness. On the other hand, the summer tomato salad was delightful w/the aforementioned combination of bright flavors. The NY strip was excellent as was the ostrich. The lemon pie desser was spectacular in its tartness & sweetness! Highly recommend this gem!Special Features:
- Wonderful!BusyNSweatpantsVIPDined on 8/8/2014I brought my mother and significant other here to meet for the first time. The food was outstanding and the staff was welcoming, efficient, and knowledgable. An all around phenomenal experience, and we will be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner DateariselaineDined on 8/2/2014Great food and service. Romantic comfortable atmosphere. Good for dates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poot1Dined on 7/29/2014very impressed! great experience. the staff was superbSpecial Features:
- Absolutely spectacularPreston713Dined on 7/26/2014We visited Mizuna for our 1 year wedding anniversary and we were blown away. Our server, Steven was so wonderful, and very intelligent regarding the menu. The Sommilier Kelly was also very intelligent and could not have been more spot on with his wine selections for us. I could go on for hours about the food. It's obvious that any menu item you choose will be outstanding. They change their menu every month which is an excellent way to switch things up. If we could come back every month we would!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!RealgustoDined on 7/25/2014The was the perfect lace to celebrate an anniversary. Great food, great service, great wine, and even a parking space across the street. The Bonanos have the right idea, and it's a good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2014This is the second time I dined at Mizuna. The food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was nice....wannabeDined on 7/19/2014Very nice, food was good, service was good, cocktails good, but I wouldn't say there was anything outstanding or truly memorable...I was hoping for more innovative big city experience, but hey, we are in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just some thoughtsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014Everything was perfect from beginning to end!! What a fantastic find...look forward to returning next time we are in town!Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperiencemarcBVIPDined on 7/12/2014The Ostrich and the Duck were superb! We could not have asked for a better dinner while on vacation. The service was impeccable and even a minor mix-up with our appetizer was much more than made up for. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Perfect eveningWanderersDined on 7/12/2014What a lovely evening for two couples celebrating anniversaries. The wine paired 5 course dinner was a real splurge for us but everything was delicious and perfect...and great service.Special Features:
- Service??Sloth64VIPDined on 7/11/2014Food was great. Service was spotty especially at end of meal prior to dessert. Waited too long so we just got check which of course was promptly delivered.Special Features:
- amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/9/2014The service was great and the food was so unique and complete. My bro said it was one of the best meals of his life and I agree!Special Features:
- Wonderful place to eatcatfishDined on 7/1/2014Went here for our anniversary dinner. Service as wonderful and the food really good.
- Very pleasedGabrielle816Dined on 6/27/2014My fiancé and I dined at mizuna and had a wonderful experience. The staff was friendly and accommodating and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be awere of the billMorfoodVIPDined on 6/26/2014Waitress tried to charge us double, and then said that was a mistake because was counting without a calculator. Other than that is a good place for a gourmet dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!PineconeDined on 6/24/2014The food and sevice were both excellent. Upon arrival we were asked if we were celebrating anything special and when we said it was our anniversary we were immediately provided a glass of champagne. We ordered a bottle of champagne through our waitress and the sommelier came over to discuss our choice and make sure it would be to our liking. My husband and I both ordered the five course price fixe which is customized., rather than chefs choice. The portions were just right and everything tasted wonderful. The only plate I didn't clean was the duck breast. The duck was good but the faro was a bit heavy. I would highly recommend Mizuna for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectTakeasaDined on 6/21/2014I went here with my fiancé who is an avid food and wine lover. She is also highly critical. We tried the five course meal with pairing and it was one of the best meals we have ever eaten in Denver. The foie gras, lobster macaroni and cheese, veal tenderloin, an ostrich all stand out. Simply spectacular. The wine pairing was also incredible. Fantastic job overall. Very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of DenverFoodTravelerVIPDined on 6/21/2014This is simply the best cuisine offered in Denver, served in a gracious environment by a professional waitstaff who value your presence.Special Features:
- Yummmm!GourmandVIPDined on 6/20/2014Haven't had the foie gras in a while...why??? Always delish! However, to full to eat anything else with that...even though I did start with a small salad. Great to see Joe working there...even though he was just "filling in". Always great to see Steve as well! Nice to sit at the intimate bar to make the experience less formal once in a while!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experiencehappy2BinHawaiiDined on 6/17/2014For our 42nd anniversary we had a wonderful, kid-free, fantastic dinner. The wait staff was friendly, knowledgeable & efficient. From appetizers to dessert, the food was delicious & presentation was lovely. This is a Go To Special Occasion place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion spotSuzyhDined on 6/17/2014We were celebrating our 41st anniversary and the people next to us, their 63rd and the people next to them, their 52nd. We all had a wonderful time enjoying the food, wine, and cocktails. The pigs ear appetizer was a little lame as it was like one pork rind with a fried pork empanada. But a delicious appetizer was the smoked octopus with smoked potatoes. It was amazing. The halibut was good, but I make a good halibut too as I tend to undercook the fish and it is more moist than this was.. The steak was delicious. The bread and butter were both so good. The chocolate dessert was out of this world. All in all, a wonderful night.Special Features:
- Very dissapointed4BobbyDined on 6/7/2014We decided to have a romantic evening out and get some great food at Mizuna. We have been so lucky to have enjoyed Mizuna throughout the years. The only thing that I can highly recommend is the lobster mac and cheese. That's it. My halibut was extremely overcooked. The veal was nothing special. The service was horrible. We asked our server to not "fire" our entrees, she told us that the kitchen does that. Then what is her role then? After we finished our apps I went to the restroom and my dinner was sitting there waiting for me, getting cold. The attention to detail is just not there anymore. Which is unfortunate. I just felt as if they didn't care. So now we don't care anymore. You have lost two loyal customers.
- Best food and wine in Denverrickm213Dined on 5/24/2014Had a wonderful prix fix meal with wine pairings with a friend and it was fantastic. the entire meal was great. It could not have been better. Austin the sommelier was great at selecting the perfect wines with each course. I will definitely go back.Special Features: