MIX Restaurant & Lounge
777 Convention Way
Anaheim, CA 92802Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
MIX Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hiltonanaheimhotel.com/index.aspx
- Phone: 7147404412
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Kyung Carroll
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Accommodations are available for up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Raquel Romero 714-740-4442
- Entertainment: Seasonal
A word from MIX Restaurant & Lounge
Mix Restaurant & Lounge at Hilton Anaheim offers an extensive variety of imaginative dishes and crafted cocktails that are executed with the warmth of genuine service. Executive Chef Kyung Carroll has developed a progressive menu that ties contemporary techinques, artistic presentation with simply delicious selections for you to choose from. As our guest in the Mix Lounge your party will be relaxing while enjoying a pre dinner cockail, catching a game or mingling with friends. Mix Restaurant utilizes fresh and natural ingredients sourced locally from the region. If your looking for a hearty breakfast with the entire family, a satisfying lunch between meetings or an intimate dinner for two, Mix Restaurant's team of professionals welcomes you to join us for a memorable experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
MIX Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (3)romantic (2)special occasion (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- good healthy food7239VIPDined on 8/31/2014we had a nice time eating dinner and breakfast here. service was good and the restaurant had healthy options to choose fromSpecial Features:
- good food, convenient for guests7239VIPDined on 8/30/2014we were staying at the hilton and had dinner out of convenience. the food was surprisingly good for a hotel restaurant and the servers were very nice. we actually returned the following night for dinner again and the next morning for their breakfast buffet. very nice place to eat, but if you'll pay for the convenience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff was very friendly.NuttieDined on 8/15/2014I was there for a convention and stayed at the Hilton. Mix is convenient and I ate lunch and dinner there. The food was good for a hotel restaurant. The restaurant is suited for large groups, as well as small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeVIPDined on 8/14/2014Fine for a hotel resturant. Nothing spectacular. Convenient.
- No one there, I know whyOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/2/2014Food was marginal. The food in Disneyland is far superior. It was dinner time and we were the only people there and when we left only two more tables were seated.
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014We were there for a convention so the restaurant was very full, but service was excellent and the food very good, with a wide selection of items on the menu. One of our party was delayed. The staff was gracious in allowing us to wait before ordering and serving her as soon as she arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 82 reviews are from the MIX Restaurant & Lounge reviews archive.
- Mother's DaymovegasDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's day brunch. Great for mom and kids. I thought $50 per person and $20 for kids is a little high. But you get a free horse draw carriage ride and a professional picture taken as royalty. The food quality and choices were excellent. Again, great for families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayKimmitronDined on 5/11/2014Incredible Mother's Day brunch! Everything here was spot on, and for a buffet brunch (in which most have old, mediocre food), the food here was fresh and delicious!Special Features:
- dinerDined on 5/11/2014The food was excellent. The Mother's Dat Brunch is awesome. This is our second year in a row attending.Special Features:
- Because it's thereHerkyVIPDined on 4/2/2014Ate at MIX because it seemed the best choice among restaurants in the area of the Anaheim Convention Center. That it may be, but that's faint praise. Feels like an extension of the hotel lobby, big and boomy. Waitstaff had to raise their voices to be heard, as did I and my dinner companion. Food was serviceable; quantity and taste ok, but chicken was undercooked.
- noisyscrapbookcathleenVIPDined on 3/25/2014Was looking for a local restaurant and thought we'd give this a try. Walked in to the noisiest setting I have been in for a long time. One of my guests said, "this is louder than an Animae Convention!" We sat as far from the probable source of the noise, an open bar area within sight of the front desk, but it was still loud. Food was uneventful. My steak was over-cooked but edible. The waiter said to come back and he'd comp the steak, but he did not give us a card or anything to do so. Perhaps another night would not be so busy, but this is Tuesday, so I am not sure what night would be good.
- A Culinary DisasterPatrickAMinneapolisVIPDined on 3/14/2014The name Hilton used to speak of culture and class. Then came Paris. Likewise, the name Hilton for their restaurants used to ensure that you would get a good meal. Not any more. The food at MIX was almost inedible... the white fish was steamed and tough, served over broccolini which added a very pungent taste to the fish. My friend's salad was bitter, and she returned her entree. At the table next to ours, a woman ordered a caprese salad... what she got were cheese balls covered with something resembled. The waiter... who was a nice guy... didn't hear it but the woman in the table next to ours was quite mad and made several comments to the other guests at their table, who were just staring at what they had been served.
- Dinner at MIXDavidNDined on 3/13/2014We had dinner at the Hilton Anaheim Mix restaurant on Thursday night 4/13 after a long drive to Anaheim from Phoenix. We "beat the convention crowd" and were able to be seated well before our Open Table reservation time. Relaxed with some good fine, glass of wine. Great that we didn't have to go out into the surrounding area and find someplace to eat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise was VERY LOUD!!! CouldTandSDined on 3/7/2014Noise was VERY LOUD!!! Could not hear people at our table ...it was sooo loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would never eat there everOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/14/2014I would never eat there ever again. You were better off going to IHOP for dinner.Special Features:
- very nice...BrendaSDined on 1/23/2014Dinner was good and served quick even though the restaurant was packed as it was NAMM show weekend. Waitress was excellent.! A little bit noisy but it was expected as the hotel lobby had NAMM show related activities. A very nice experience, overall...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014Our waiter didn't know much about the wine selection. Also didn't speak English very well and our order was wrong. I made reservations here and asked for a table away from everyone else. The place was quite empty so shouldnt of been a problem. We were placed next to another group with kids running around. I won't be celebrating our anniversary here again. Only plus is it's conveniently inside the hotel
- I ate in the bar and the foodPaulDined on 1/16/2014I ate in the bar and the food and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An oasis at the conferenceLeChatVIPDined on 12/13/2013Attended a days-long conference at the Anaheim convention center. At lunch time, the lines at the food trucks were blocks long - and after the wait, gulping the fare curb-side was the only option, followed by a hurried rush back to the conference. Yet Mix, in the adjacent Hilton, accepted Open Table reservations, honored them, served up delightful, fresh and tasty luncheon specials for either groups or individuals. They also made their full menu available, preparing wonderful dishes without rush (amazing given the push of the crowds). While others were harried for hamburgers, we had a consistently delicious and leisurely lunch at Mix, each day. They were the stars of the the show - and definitely the best bet for conference dining.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Life-saverThankUDined on 11/28/2013The Mix saved our life, so to speak. On Thanksgiving day, our party of ten was landing in LAX at 4:30pm---we reserved Brodard Chateau Vietnamese Restaurant 10 days in advance for the get together. The reservation was for 6:00pm. One day before Thanksgiving, Brodard informed us, that we have to Pre-order the food on the phone & arrive at 5:00pm & finish dining in 60mins. Or take out and dine at home, as the kitchen will be closed at 5:00pm. These ridiculous demands put us in a fix, because most restaurants were booked solid. We contacted Open-Table & luckily got a reservation at Mix Restaurant for 6:30. We dined till 10:30pm. Nobody chased us out. Mix Servers were polite & friendly. Food was excellent. So Mix saved our Thanksgiving-Dinner.Special Features:
- Great team breakfastAvakeDined on 10/28/2013We had a really great team breakfast. Enjoyed the food and the overall service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againPlannerVIPDined on 8/19/2013The food was poor. Basically, we did not even eat the meal. Server was friendly, but had too many tables.
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013Very OVERPRICED brunch, the food was nothing to write home about and I did not feel there was a HUGE selection. I would not go back for the food or ever again to dine.Special Features:
- Happy Mother's dayStephenKDined on 5/12/2013The entire event was great, from the trumpets blaring, to the red carpet and throne. They made mom's feel like a queen. The food was great, they kept the champagne flowing and saw to our every need. They capped it off with a ride in a horse drawn carriage, which made her day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Tradition!SimiEatersDined on 5/12/2013We booked the brunch online and were very glad the morning of Mother's Day, as there was a line of people who were being placed on a waiting list. It was everything we expected and more. My wife enjoyed herself very much, and the food selections were outstanding. The prime rib was real prime rib, tasted great and was excellent quality. The raw bar was excellent, along with every other food station. We will likely make this a Mother's Day tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average-good hotel restaurantDocBDined on 4/13/2013Average-good hotel restaurant at the Anaheim Hilton. Your experience may vary depending what is happening at the nearby Anaheim Convention Center.Special Features:
- Imagine being served by aOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/4/2013Imagine being served by a blind waiter, and you've got our experience at MIX. Food was decent, wine was good, but the service was atrocious, and it truly felt like the servers couldn't see our table. They offered to refill full wine glasses, didn't provide silverware, asked if were finished after clearing our plates, and so on. This isn't a bad choice if you're staying at the Hilton or in town for a convention, but otherwise, go elsewhere.
- Excellent deal if your hhonorsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Excellent deal if your hhonors gold or diamond. Not really set up for taking things from restaurant to your room. Nice and clean. Prompt serviceSpecial Features:
- I dined at MIX with businessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2013I dined at MIX with business colleagues while attending a conference. The food was nicely prepared, beautifully presented and was delicious too! The wait staff were attentive yet not intrusive. The atmosphere was refined and the noise level was very low. We dined in a private alcove so we had privacy for conversation. I dined at MIX again for breakfast and the buffet had a wide range of choices and my meal was very tasty and the wait staff was again attentive serving coffee and juice at my table. Although MIX was busy that morning the noise level was very low.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our table wasn't ready atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2013Our table wasn't ready at the reservation time. The restaurant was so loud you could only talk to the person right next to you. The service was slow and the food was so-so.
- As a base for convention centerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/13/2013As a base for convention center meetings, the Mix is a great find with very good food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Good Food; mediocre serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/25/2013I ate at MIX while at the NAMM show. It was loud because of all the bands playing...which was somewhat nice but also hard to hear the person sitting next to you. The food was delicious! The service wasn't all that great. Most notably I ordered the special: house salad, prime rib and an apple pie. I never received the apple pie. We waited so long for our server to come back to ask for the desert. Eventually, we just got up and left. Beyond that, it was a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Romance atmosphere: not an option.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/5/2013Food was great, but the ambiance was very poor. The decor was very elegant but didnt fit its location. The noise was truly annoying: placed next to a bar, construction was taking place while my wife & I were having dinner. We immediately felt we were over dressed: I in a suit, my wife in a beatiful dress. Truly not a romantic spot, better for groups. Would i come back? Most likely not.Special Features:
- Not too bad, could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012We were there for the Thanksgiving buffet dinner during our stay at this Hilton for Disneyland trip. The ambience is general good. Looks like this restaurant has been remodeled recently. The food is generally good but selection is limited, especially the desert.Special Features:
- I had breakfast at the MixOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2012I had breakfast at the Mix on two occasions while attending a conference at the hotel. My guests and I had the buffett on both occasions and it was varied in choice and the food was excellent. The service provided by the waiter and tending servers was very attentative but not disruptive. I would recommentd the restaruant both for the service and the food. I also had lunch in the bar and on two evenings met with customers for drinks. The luch was very good and the bar was alive with the convention guests so it was a good place to socialize and network. Pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Even that the reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2012Even that the reservations were part of the Worldwide PMA Convention, the staff went above and beyond to accommodate their patrons. It was a business convention and "The Mix" was the perfects setting to discuss million dollar deals.Special Features:
- Construction going on outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2012Construction going on outside could be heard all through the restaurant. Very loud.
- Needed a place to accommodateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2012Needed a place to accommodate a group of 8 for a casual meeting and meal. The reservation was ready when we arrived and we weren't rushed. We received courteous, helpful service despite a very busy restaurant with a high demand for tables. Breakfast brunch had a very good selection and everyone in our party enjoyed and was satisfied with their meal. This is our second time using this restaurant for a breakfast meeting and would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Nice meal and good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2012Nice meal and good service. Very noisy due to a conference going on outside the restaurant.
- Great Food & Service but NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2012The food was delicious. Everyone in our group of eight loved what they were served - salads, soups, cheese sandwich, fish tacos. We were having a meeting, and the noise level was quite high for a hotel restaurant, but otherwise it was a good experience. I wanted to go back to order some of the things I didn't get to try.Special Features: