McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - St. Louis
17 West County Center
Des Peres, MO 63131Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - St. Louis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: (314) 835-1300
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Lathrop
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - St. Louis
Reminiscent of traditionally-styled Pacific Northwest seafood eateries. McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant offers a traditional dining experience in an unpretentious atmosphere. Our menus offer many varieties of fresh seafood flown in from U.S. & international waters along with aged beef, chicken and pasta. Bartenders create hand-shaken cocktails made with fresh-squeezed juices in our bar where we also offer an extensive list of premium wines & beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - St. Louis - Best Restaurants in Des Peres ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - St. Louis reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (84)romantic (49)fit for foodies (43)good for groups (37)great for lunch (24)notable wine list (22)neighborhood gem (22)great for outdoor dining (14)great for brunch (12)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2014Had a good time for our anniversary lunch and previously for two other prior visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LassieSTLDined on 11/15/2014I was very reluctant to order sea scallops because they are so difficult to cook and not overcook. The staff described the cooking techniques and I ordered them on the basis of what our waitress told me. Although the scallops were a nice size and the amount was perfect for me on my food plan, they were smaller than I thought they might be. The scallops were presented on top of a fish and potato base with spinach for color. Delicious and just enoungh for my small portion food plan. My date would not have been happy with the portion and he enjoyed the trio of shrimp which was more generously presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice for special dinner with friends!ztasewerDined on 11/14/2014We hadn't been to M & S for awhile, but were taking special friends out for a thank you dinner and we're so glad we picked this restaurant! My mahi mahi with sweet potato and crab casserole side dish was just scrumptious and a wonderful change from traditional sides. The mahi mahi was perfectly done. My husband and I shared a perfectly prepared Tuscan Kale salad, as did our friends. We each had something different, a salmon rigatoni, fish and chips, cashew crusted tilapia, and my mahi mahi. Wonderful evening with friends for a special meal! The waiter was very attentive, but not too much, just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OK...lovemyfish55VIPDined on 11/14/2014We have been wanting to try McCormick & Schmicks for a long time, we just always seem to forget, and go to the other restaurants at West County Mall. It was OK, nothing special, we could have gotten the same meal at Houlihan's and paid alot less. The food was bland, somewhat interesting, as we ordered a crab-stacked dish before the meal. The menu' said we could share, but it was very small, but very good. The meal was ordinary, and bland. I do not know why we thought we could get good seafood in Missouri?? Our server was in training, but she was very sweet. The whole experience was OK, but I doubt we will return, especially at those prices...which we do not mind paying and do alot, but not here. They just missed the mark. We will stay with J.Gilbert's or Flemings for our special night out.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience, that I'd love to repeat!LaVernePDined on 11/14/2014Our server, Keisha, was very knowledgeable and wonderful! She had tasted everything on the menu, so she was able to make informed recommendations based on our tastes. My friend described the crab corn chowder as "a little bit of heaven in my mouth"! The lump crab cake appetizer was delicious and the sea scallops and lobster tail were cooked to perfection! I wish I had saved room for the chocolate bag dessert, it was beautiful. On the list for my next visit!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good experience!LindaLouDined on 11/9/2014We had a late dinner on a Sunday evening, so the restaurant was very quiet and the waiter was very attentive. The pan seared Atlantic salmon was the best I've ever tasted...and I eat salmon a lot! High quality seafood! We had an excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food - Excellent ServiceJ2SmooveDined on 11/9/2014We had a wonderful dinner with excellent food and excellent service. The Pecan-Crusted Tilapia served over Jamaican-Rum-Butter & Sweet-Potato-Infused Cous Cous, and topped with a spoonful of diced mango, was incredible. The sweet, savory, sea-food combination was very original and just delicious. The Steamed Mussels w/Tomatoes, White Wine and Herbs - incl. Red-Peppers were meaty and flavorful - and again - the added flavors of tomato/wine sauce, yet slightly-spicy peppers, were surprisingly good. You also can't go wrong with Salmon Rigatoni with generous amounts of Asparagus, Mushrooms, and Artichokes, in a Pesto Cream Sauce. Warm friendly welcome. Quick seating. Drew - our waiter - was fast, accurate, attentive, professional, friendly...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veterans DayLoisFitzDined on 11/9/2014It is wonderful that McCormick & Schmick's honors our veterans with a fabulous free meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veteran's DaySundown1943Dined on 11/9/2014It is very nice of this restaurant to provide a special Veteran's Day menu, and complimentary dining for the Veteran. They go out of their way to make you feel special and I look forward to going there every year.Special Features:
- pennntasDined on 11/9/2014The past few times I've dined at McCormick and Schmidt the service has declined. I've experienced everything from a rude waiter to mixed up ordersSpecial Features:
- Veterans Appreciation DinnerUSAFRET7496Dined on 11/9/2014Fantastic beef medallions and my wife had the Miso seared Scallops which were OUTSTANDING!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently a PleasureJoyfulDinerVIPDined on 11/9/2014Welcomed and guided to our table by the Restaurant Greeter who knew our preferences from previous visits, everything continued to be at a high standard. Our waiter was professional in every way--knew how to monitor our progress and anticipate our needs. Water on the table in minutes with menus--followed by service that matched our progress. We dined over the next hour or so. Drinks and courses arrived at a well timed pace--the planked salmon was still steaming and perfectly cooked. . . . Never a disappointment--Special Features:
- Very nice late lunch-Veteran's DayANavyVeteranDined on 11/9/2014Thank you M&S for hosting us for the third time for Veteran's Day. You appreciate us, and we appreciate you!Special Features:
- Great ServiceSarahcuseDined on 11/9/2014When we were seated in the back room, I was fearful that service would be slow, but it was amazing. The parmesan crusted chicken was delicious and we will return. Thank you to McCormick and Schmick for honoring veteran's with a complimentary meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for recognizing veterans!randyfoodieDined on 11/9/2014A big salute to McCormick and Schmick's for honoring veterans for so many years and for treating them to a free meal on the occasion of Veterans Day! Our fathers (ninety-year-old WWII vets) felt very respected and recognized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veterans Recognitionnapat2Dined on 11/9/2014First time experience. Veterans Day 'free meal' recognition for all military veterans. The service and food was excellent. The fact the M & S recognizes & honors military veterans is OUTSTANDING. Will definately recommend for family, freiends, business associates and all active & veteran military.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McCormick & Schmick'sGTVetDined on 11/9/2014Thank you to McCormick & Schmick's for again providing a free meal for our Veterans. The meal choices were excellent and the service outstanding. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Veteran's celebrationwineloverDined on 11/9/2014I always have a great meal at McCormick and Schmick's. My husband and I dine there frequently. The food is excellent the service is great in the ambience is marvelous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you for Honoring VeteransSlick67Dined on 11/9/2014This was my first time eating at this establishment, will definitely return. The food was great, the service was great and all the staff were friendly. Thank you for honoring us Veterans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great desertsGregFDined on 11/7/2014Great place to meet for desserts. Wonderful selection of sweets to end the evening with. The chocolate bag is a one of a kind with it's filling of berries and cream.Special Features:
- A bit pricykdoggoldVIPDined on 11/7/2014Prices are high for what you get. I had the $28.99 bouillabase, which had a few tasty pieces of crab and a few clams and mussels, but not enough food if you're hungry. Wife had shrimp trio, which was good. Service could have been more attentive. Not enough 'wow' factor for the price. I'd go a few miles east to the newly-opened Bonefish Grill, where the service was lacking but food and prices were better (Bonefish service will probably get better as time goes on).
- UNFORGETTABLE FIRST EXPERIENCEOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014Being a Seafood Lover and having traveled the Globe in sampling, this was by FAR the Total Package experience in Delectable and Dynaminc balance in Food preparation, taste and 5-star atmosphere. I've never been Impressed with Perfect Balance and ever enhancing Impact from arrival into departure and excitement about the Next return. I am speechless and the only regret is that I've lived in this region my entire lifetime and JUST found this restaurant. I will patronage a Minimal of a Dozen times annually. Three alphabets say it all for as it relates to the dynamic dining experience, WOW.Special Features:
- Very Nice for Dinnernum27Dined on 11/1/2014Was seated promptly at our reservation time. Food was very good and wait person was helpful but service was a little lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Seafood as alwaysBJZimmyDined on 10/28/2014The usual great service and great seafood. Always a pleasure to dine there as I believe they have the best fish chefs in the city.Special Features:
- Underseasoned and overpricedparsi1Dined on 10/26/2014A pleasant dinner with family. Grandson 1 enjoyed the mac and cheese; grandson 2 enjoyed his steak and lobster and the special birthday treat! The waiter was very good. My dinner was good, but not great--a very bland rainbow trout. My husband's filet mignon, which he had requested rolled in cracked pepper, was served covered with whole peppercorns, too difficult to eat, and no other seasoning. The piece of meat was excellent, but seasoning was sparse. We will probably return at lunch, as we felt the dinner was too expensive for the good--but not great--food.Special Features:
- A most remarkable evening!TreonatyiDined on 10/19/2014My host Keisha was a great attribute to the the whole experience. The meal was superb and a delight to the tongue. I will definitely come back and recommend this restaurant for all of our family occasions. A true 5 star restaurant experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fall to winter shiftregularVIPDined on 10/18/2014Fish selection is good as always, but the specials reflect a shift from a special spring, or summer or fall menu, to a more winter menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014we had a very nice lunch the day we went - good service good food and we do intend to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014As always, we look for something special on birthdays, something out of the ordinary. McCormick and Schmick's seems like the place. Although there was nothing wrong with food or service, it just seemed ordinary. I've eaten there may times before; this time it was average--a disappointment, for sure. I hope they can do better.Special Features:
- Enjoyable meal!SteakloversVIPDined on 10/4/2014Have visited on multiple occasions- this time to celebrate a friends b-day. We were seated in a semi private room with a round table that made it feel a little more special- all meals were prepared and timed well (all 5 of us chose seafood dishes). On this evening as in the others the restaurant was not very busy, but this has and did lend to a higher level of attention from our server. We will continue to visit due to the consistent good experience we've had here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion Gemoldfoggie46Dined on 10/3/2014Our choice to experience a special occasion with special service and special food. Hard to find well prepared fresh fish in St Louis. We love going to M&SS to feel special on a special night.Special Features:
- Good as everldgaffVIPDined on 9/27/2014Have been here several times. Food has always been very good.service great. Not a cheap place to dine but not unreasonable.Special Features:
- Not sure what to thinkBDDFCDined on 9/26/2014The appetizers we had were good (blue crab dip with pita chips) but the entrees were a little off in taste. My wife and I got pasta and both dishes were a little on the dry side. Regarding beverages our server took our orders. About five minutes later she came back and took our orders again. The restaurant wasn't really that busy so I don't understand that. A wine glass was about served about 1/4 full and that was considered a drink. Seriously why bother at all. We really aren't sure if we'll go back. It was just a little pricey considering what you got.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/26/2014It was the first time my we went to the restaurant. I haven't had fish this good in the St. Louis area since I move here 10 years ago.Special Features:
- great seafoodpaulajeanVIPDined on 9/21/2014I loved the salmon entree and the sides were also goodSpecial Features:
- Always new fishregularVIPDined on 9/13/2014We always try new fish, but this time the new Snapper variety was not as good a fish as more standard red snapper, even though pricier. So it is good to try new types, but not always fit your palate.Special Features:
- SteveVIPDined on 9/7/2014Excellent food and appreciated the 3 course special dinner very good value!Special Features:
- Took new date - she loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014I know I can't go wrong to take friends or even a first time date - the atmosphere as well as the food and service are always very good!Special Features:
- New fish at M & CregularVIPDined on 9/6/2014In addition to the heirloom salad, which most higher end place are serving this summer, McCormick and Schmick always seems to ahve a range of new fish. Oceano and Bristol also do but while I'd rank Bristol and M & C as a tie, Oceano is definitely down lately.Special Features:
- Food quantityluvtoeatout1Dined on 9/1/2014We had the Steak and Lobster for 25.99. Everything was fabulous. However, there was such a tiny piece of steak on our plates. The Lobster was enough and the potatoes were enough. Kudos to the chef!Special Features: