40 Mill Plain Road
Danbury, CT 06811Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.max40ct.com/
- Phone: 2038254444x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday 11:30am - 10pm
Friday-Saturday 11:30am - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Max 40
With the idea to create something special and comfortable, Tony and Furtuna, owners of MAX 40, are the designers of this upscale, sophisticated place that yet has a very warm atmosphere. It is a very unique and trendy place for the Danbury area and the people seem to love it. MAX 40 has magnificent old wood ceilings and Murano chandeliers that indeed make MAX 40 a very unique place.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Max 40 reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (7)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (3)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)special occasion (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Our first time here based upon a recommendation. Atmosphere was fun and the food was plentiful and worth the slightly high priced meal. I would go back.
- SurpriseDinkDined on 8/22/2014We really were pleasantly surprised ! Everything about it was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- richDined on 8/17/2014Great food and they are getting the outdoor seating more enclosed which should shield the parking lot. The large display of baseball games on the wall is out of step with an ambience that is very high class. Food and service were very good. Definitely a restaurant that people should try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time @ Max 40bgsportsguyDined on 8/16/2014Food was perfect, I had the cowboy rib-eye and my wife had the crab ravioli, which she said was in the top 10 meals she had eve had. Our only complaint of the night was they had all the doors open, and by the end of the dinner it had gotten quite humid outside and we were literally sweating sitting in our booth. They have outside seating, so I see no reason why the door had to be open. Other than that we will def be back again.Special Features:
- Good valueGeorgeDVIPDined on 7/22/2014The first time I ate at Max 40, I was convinced this would be a regular spot to dine at. The food is terrific and the service is very attentive. Every dish I've had has been top quality, but I'm especially fond of the hamburgers which are cooked to perfection. The bar scene is very energetic after 9pm. There is also outdoor dining, which is very nice. The view is not much, but the way it is set up still makes it an enjoyable dining experience. I highly recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerXRDmanVIPDined on 6/7/2014The bone in filet and the Kentucky steak were well sized but could use a little more flavor. Cooked medium to temperature as requested. Staff was friendly but a little distracted/ slow. For example, order two beer and the appetizer got to the table well before beer did. I would suggest improving awareness but this should not undermine the friendliness of the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service unacceotable and avg foodHalfaTwinDined on 5/31/2014We sat down at a near empty restaurant on Saturday night ay 7....2 of us. They put us next to a table of 6+ which had arrived minutes before....not a good move.We sat for almost 15 minutes with no waiter, no drinks, nada. Three tables down, a couple arrived ten minutes after us and had their drinks before we did.I offererd waiter the opp to switch tables seeing he eas busy but he said no thank you. Bad move. Hot soup appetizer arrived 5 long minutes before cesar salad app arrived so it went downhill quickly. Food is fine but no great. Martinis were nice and main course plenty to eat....if not too much mashed potatoes. Given the large amount of choices of restaurants within 1 mile of Max40, I would need a gift certificate to return.Special Features:
- The following 7 reviews are from the Max 40 reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Dined in the main room, beautiful decor, attentive service, good value wine list, my wife had branzino which was fine, mine veal piccata a little too salty, otherwise nice first experience, will retun.Special Features:
- Terrific place, great find!Serena517Dined on 5/16/2014What a delicious meal! We also hit the end of the early bird special, great choices on that menu. As for noise, we had one woman who was a little loud sitting at the bar, but overall, the noise level was moderate and nothing more than usual. I would definitely go dine here again.Special Features:
- Excellent Mother's Day!kmdamoDined on 5/11/2014Was disappointed with the limited menu but my husband was still able to get a cheeseburger off the children's menu. The food was amazing and the service was superb. I'm so glad my mother and I spent out Mother's Day at Max 40.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but loudSunsetViewDined on 5/10/2014The service was excellent and we were not rushed. The food was good, but several people in our party ordered their meat "medium" and it was "medium rare". If we go back, I would ask to be seated in the secondary room. This is our second time there in a booth in the bar area. It gets so loud that it is hard to have a conversation with your dinner guests.Special Features:
- Didn't know what to expectjustforfunDined on 5/10/2014The interior décor of this establishment is very attractive. The meals we ordered were all delicious. Especially the tuna and salmon dinners. There were five of us dining and each meal was tasty, hot upon arrival to the table and each had an appealing presentation. Our waiter was courteous. In addition, our desserts looked like they came off the cover of Gourmet magazine and were just delightful to the pallet. An enjoyable evening was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceEdvoVIPDined on 4/30/2014Really one of the best meals I had ever had in Connecticut it's by far without having to go on all the places in Danbury this is just the best Place to eat Also stuff super friendly you'll enjoy Here After all this restaurant being so high end it is the very same guys very reasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014Great meal, great service. Would recommend Max 40 for a special night out (without kids) or drinks with friends. The bar scene is trendy and nice with a large selection of drinks to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.