Maggiano's - Durham
8030 Renaissance Parkway
Durham, NC 27713Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Durham
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: (919) 572-0070
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Brian Fitzgibbons
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 919-572-0188 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Durham
Welcome to Maggiano's Durham located in the Streets of Southpoint Mall. The mall is 5 miles from Research Triangle Park off Interstate 40. Please call us for more specific directions. Maggiano's dining room is an ideal location for your dinner, baby shower, or important client meeting. The seasonal patio seats 25 and has an old-world feel of dining on the bustling streets of Florence. So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Durham - Best Restaurants in Durham ›
Maggiano's - Durham reviews from OpenTable diners
261 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (159)good for groups (154)romantic (88)fit for foodies (68)great for lunch (61)kid-friendly (54)neighborhood gem (46)notable wine list (44)hot spot (27)great for outdoor dining (22)late-night find (17)great for brunch (14)vibrant bar scene (12)scenic view (6)Show More
- Food temperatureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Enjoyed the dinner and the food was excellent, with one exception. Each item, appetizer, pastas, and the dessert was not served warm - it was almost as if the food had been sitting too long to be served, but the service was fine. This was unusual compared to past experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A romantic placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014First time having dinner here with my husband on our anniversary date, it was really nice and romantic. The food and wine are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time visitorBRAINIAC1911Dined on 11/16/2014i appreciated the customer service at the restaurant. Everything was good for my second time visiting this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as the first time we visited.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014We were celebrating my wife's Birthday. The online reservation was efficient and very easy. We went early to avoid the crowds, 4:30 pm. Once we got there, 1.5 hour drive, had to drive around for over ten minutes trying to find a parking space only to be cut off several times. We were seated quickly and were given water and menus, ordering went fine. After that the service went downhill quickly. The waiter did not offer or bring bread until after we asked and then did not bring any oil or butter. We flagged him down again later and he brought 3 pads of butter for four adults. Flagged him down again and he brought a few more. When our meals finally came the food had that warmed over taste like it was pre-cooked and then warmed in a microwave. Generous quantity but of no better quality than you can get from a food court in a Mall. We had visited this restaurant a few years ago and it was very good. Unfortunately this time it was not worth the drive, cost, and time. It will be added to our list of "nothing special" restaurants. Very disappointed.
- Best Italian aroundMax27527Dined on 11/15/2014THE best Italian food I can find in the Raleigh-Durham area. Makes any trip to the mall MUCH more tolerable :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceOdv8Dined on 11/14/2014Had an reservation for 8:45 pm. Arrived on time. Was not seated for 30 minutes. Apparently they were seating people with "reservations" on a first come first serve basis. Extremely unprofessional. I've never seen a restaurant, regardless of how busy it was, treat reservations so poorly. They clearly overbooked and didn't even bother to apologize. Service in general was also very slow. I've had much better experiences at other maggianos.
- Great as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014Great as always! Only negative was the food service was a little slow for us having arrived < 5pm, and only ordering Spaghetti and salad. Food was classic as always though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OneatDined on 11/13/2014Great location, great atmosphere, great food, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNevncDined on 11/11/2014Was very impressed on my first visit, waitress that was taking care of us was very nice and on point, food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Um, remember ..."Food?"FoodOobDined on 11/8/2014When I go to a dining establishment, it is for primarily DINING! This place is great at everything, except food. Service was awesome, great atmosphere, but food looked and tasted like microwaved stuff with very little character. Also, the beer selections were very limited.
- Maggiano's - great food and pricesLoveGoodFoodDined on 11/8/2014The buy one get one free meal for $12.95 is a great deal, it's a real good price for just the one meal, for a second meal that you can take home is awesome.Special Features:
- OutstandingCityguy007Dined on 11/7/2014Great food and great service. Look forward to the opportunity to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome anniversary experience!GoodetimesDined on 11/6/2014Mgt wife and I spent or 16th wedding there. The waitress Sarah was friendly and knowledgeable, the food was fantastic and the regional manager Antonio was extremely attending. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DAISY WAS A FLOWERSCARBORUGHFAREDined on 11/5/2014DAISY OUR SERVER WAS FABULOUS. WE HAD NEVER HAD HER WAIT ON US BEFORE , SHE WAS EXCELLENT. SHE HAD SEVERAL LARGE PARTIES, AND MAINTAINED EACH WITH KNOWLEDGE, AND FUN. WE ARE IN 2-3 X A MONTH, AND TRULY FELT APPRECIATED.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceSpring10Dined on 11/3/2014Terrific dining experience - wait staff was excellent and food was amazing. Very enjoyable evening ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Post Move DinnerBillVIPDined on 11/1/2014Disappointing! Made reservations for 8:45 knowing when the movie would end. Arrived on time, seated shortly after - Waiter stopped by and introduced himself - all good. Brought drinks, took our order and never saw him again until the bill came. We love their bread basket - no bread arrived. Salads showed up - my caesar salad was warm. like it was put in a bowl just of the dishwasher. We both ordered the Balsamic Salmon Plank and it was tasteless. First time we've been disappointed in Maggianos, and we've eaten and several of them around the country.
- Not so great!SushiluvaDined on 11/1/2014Waiter was absent for long stretches of time. Waiter did not really know the ingredients inaccurately describing 2 meals as spicy. Our salads were not served at all so we had them taken off the order. Not all of our meals were served at the same time. Special requests were not met. Tables are much too close as I was bumped several times by neighboring customers, waiters and servers. Our waiter could tell we not happy yet he never offered any concession and no manager visited our table. Food was good.
- Maggiano's - Always a WinnerJCinRaleighDined on 11/1/2014Any time friends are in town, Maggiano's is the dining spot of choice. The food & drinks can't be beat, the prices are quite reasonable, and the service is superb. I've been there many times and have yet to be disappointed! OF COURSE, I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Wait person was somewhat attentive, and the restaurant was very busy as usual. However the managers were very attentive and stepped in when our drinks were empty and wait person was busy elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, convenient locationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014I always love going to Maggiano's. It is a convenient location in Streets of Southpoint. It is always busy so I would definitely make reservations. Our reservation was for 6PM on a Saturday and we were seated by 6:15. I love the buy one/take one option. We have used it in the past but this time decided to try something different. Not sure if this is new but for a lot of their dishes, they have a lighter option. I chose the Chicken Franchese lighter option and it was delicious. The hand cut fettuccine they use is so light and the sauce was yummy. My husband had the chicken parm. He always orders it and our daughter had the shrimp scampi. She loved it and we all are every bit.Special Features:
- GRITSfoodieDined on 10/31/2014Maggiano's was EXCELLENT, as always! The food was superb...love the new Lighter Fare options, and the staff was very attentive and worked together to provide excellent service even during their lunch rush.Special Features:
- Great place for celebrations!STNCDined on 10/27/2014We took our two young boys here for their birthdays and were extremely pleased with the service and the efforts of the staff to make them feel special. The food was great too!Special Features:
- Great food and service!Gon2KDHSDined on 10/26/2014My wife have I eat here when ever we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinersdelightdineoutoftenDined on 10/25/2014Maggiano's is one of my favorite places to dine, bring family and friends from out-of-town who are impressed with the meal and the idea of taking one home to enjoy another day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took a whileOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Though our reservation was at 7:45, we were not seated until after 8. This time of lack of concern as the restaurant books their tables really bothers me. After we were seated the experience was good as expected (good service and wonderful food) but I was frustrated by the lack of timeliness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NY Atmosphere in Durhamluv2dineDined on 10/24/2014We went to Maggiano's for our Anniversary and it was a great choice. We like a vibrant restaurant scene like those in NY and Maggiano's is very close to that atmosphere. The bar is lively and the Martini's were great. We enjoyed everything we ate, crab cake appetizer so fresh and loaded with crab meat. The Butternut Squash Ravioli were just delicious as was the eggplant parmesan. The pound cake dessert was also delicious. The portions are a good size and we took food home. Great place for a special occasion or just to go have a nice drink and great meal.Special Features:
- Sarah was terrific!MusicmomDined on 10/24/2014We celebrated our daughter's 13th birthday and had a wonderful dinner. Sarah and all staff who visited our table were friendly and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ValueTVHGDined on 10/22/2014The food is always excellent, and the "take-home-a-pasta-dish" opportunity is great!Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantLove2EatPastaDined on 10/20/2014Maggiano's in Durham is excellent. We were seated promptly upon arriving as I had made a reservation to celebrate a friend's birthday. I had eaten there on several occasions but this was his first time. The waitress was friendly and took care of things we needed. Food was delicious. Plus he loved that the noise level was so that we could talk. He loved celebrating his birthday there and will return. The waitress brought his cake with candles and had taken the time to create a heart shape with one of the candles. It was wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChardChardDined on 10/19/2014The onions in my salad were ver strong. As a result, I could not eat all of itSpecial Features:
- Great Italian RestaurantKeithDined on 10/19/2014Always have a good time here. Staff Friendly. Host Staff Not so Much. Don't let the Host staff deter you from going, as they also seem in an unfriendly or unhelpful mood. Been this way since they opened. Pros: Make a reservation and you'll get a great seat. I always ask for a booth and get it. They have a combo Appetizer/Dinner/Dessert for two people for $39. It's called Marco's Meal. Best Deal! It's well worth it. You get really good portion sizes for dinner and then you get to pick two more (your choice) of dinners to take home with you. Add in the Appetizer and Dessert and you are stuffed. We upgraded our meals ($2) and added grilled chicken ($3.00) and with two drinks from the bar we totaled $58. Great for everything!!Special Features:
- Terrible serviceEJWWATVIPDined on 10/18/2014I've eaten at Maggianos 50+ times and never had such poor service especially considering that we had two waiters.
- Maggiano's 10/17fatgirlstatusDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I love Maggiano's!!! The food and drinks are always excellent! I was a little disappointed this time, because we had reservations for 8:00 and were not seated until 20 minutes after our reservation time. Also, we ordered 2 salads that were not brought out. When we let our server know, she immediately brought out the salads and was very apologetic. The manager came over right away as well, apologized and took 30% off of our bill. Despite the reservations and salad mishap, we still had a great date night at Maggiano's. We truly appreciated the manager making up for the mistake. Maggiano's shows great patronage and that is why we come back time after time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Although the food and service were top notch, the wait time was exorbitant. We waited for 20-30 minutes for our appetizer (although we were told it would take a few minutes) and then another 20-30 minutes after receiving the appetizer to get our actual meal.
- Wonderful Anniversary choice!DtruthDined on 10/13/2014Lovely, dark and romantic atmosphere, cozy bar, small but charming patio dining available, extensive menu, delicious dishes, and the best tiramisu on the planet!Special Features:
- Maggiano's reviewGwenDined on 10/12/2014For the first time I had poor service at Maggiano's. We saw our waiter frequently, but only as he visited the table beside us. I literally had to reach out and touch his arm as he hurried by, to get his attention for our table. If the other table kept him too busy to attend to us, I understand, that happens. However, the restaurant should have seated us somewhere else when we came in. The other party came in at the same time we did, so the restaurant was aware of the load they were placing on the waiter. The restaurant was not filled when we entered and there were plenty of other tables in other areas. I have not had this experience at Maggiano's before and hope not to have it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the usual experienceNCdinersDined on 10/12/2014Have dined at Maggiano's here and other locations many times and have always been very happy. However, this most recent experience was not up to par. First...the food was wonderful as always. Tried the new Lighter Take and it was delicious. The service was not good on this visit. Server was not organized, seemed distracted and frazzled. Had to ask for bread 3 times, finally getting it after asked a server who was not ours. Appetizers came out separately and not at same time. We found ourselves constantly asking repeatedly for things before getting them. It seemed, to me, that the place overall was disorganized that evening. Perhaps they did not expect that much business on Sunday evening?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and servicefamilyeatsoutDined on 10/12/2014The service was attentive and the food was wonderful. Took advantage of their special on pasta dishes to get one for the restaurant and one for home too. Both dishes were great. Also took advantage of their new healthier choice menu and was also delicious.Special Features:
- Disappointing Dining Experienceslsot001Dined on 10/11/2014The food was mediocre, at best, and the server was indifferent especially after we chose to not go with the pricier family style option. He even cashed out our bill before we received our dessert. Really disappointing to find that this restaurant was no longer a dining option for us.Special Features:
- Great placeKalehuntersDined on 10/10/2014Ambiance, service, food all wonderful. Also, their willingness to accommodate dietary restriction is terrific. Just ask! Recommend highly.