Lulu California Bistro
200 S. Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Lulu California Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lulupalmsprings.com/
- Phone: 7603275858
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Thursday: 8:00am - 10:00pm Friday and Saturday: 8:00am - 11pm (bar & Happy Hour til midnight)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please e-mail Willie Rhine at email@example.com
A word from Lulu California Bistro
At Palm Springs newest and hippest restaurant, Lulu California Bistro combines talent, expertise and a passion for great food to produce a captivating California Bistro dining experience. Our menu options are many, varied and value-priced, and the quality is always high. Our generous portions are prepared with the freshest ingredients available and a dash of innovation from our award-winning chefs. Freshly baked bread and decadent desserts are made in-house daily, and are perfectly complimented by a cappuccino, latte or an endless pot of coffee. At our exciting bar area, we feature the desert's best Happy Hour – all-day, all-night, 12-hours long!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Lulu California Bistro - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Lulu California Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (112)great for outdoor dining (107)good for groups (95)vibrant bar scene (91)neighborhood gem (89)great for brunch (86)great for lunch (79)special occasion (71)fit for foodies (54)romantic (30)scenic view (30)late-night find (27)kid-friendly (26)notable wine list (11)Show More
- MiraVIPDined on 9/27/2014Very nice looking place. Enjoyed being there. Good service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- palmspringsDined on 9/26/2014I have been here several times, but never get great seating. We always get put way up high or in an obscure place when we look around and see booths or better seating available.Special Features:
- Fun dining Gr8 to people watch!HMQSGBDined on 9/23/2014Love this place and have dined here twice on this trip -Always good to people watch between courses Food is good, SoCal faiyre LOve the scallops entree salads and beef skewers As for the floating island dessert - epitome of camp!! Cocktails not the best tasted Service always spot on from other server and table staff Never had a bad dining experience here Love it Tip try to request a booth, gr8 spot to see and be seen!Special Features:
- Great birthday thank you luluDdawurskDined on 9/23/2014Great birthday nice comfortable and romantic as well good food thank you Michael our server for taking care of usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!StanDined on 9/21/2014Brunch was great! Excellent menu and enough choices for everyone. The food was fresh and hot and served as described. It is a definite repeat on my next trip to Palm Springs.Special Features:
- Beware The Mac and CheeseFonebrewDined on 9/20/2014First off, we had a very nice server. However, it was obvious he had too many tables. We ordered two cocktails. One arrived twenty minutes later with my soup. The other arrived ten minutes after that. I had a caeser salad with fresh salmon and it was delicious. I also ordered a side of mac and cheese. This was absolutely the worst mac and cheese I have ever had. It wasn't even baked. They boiled some tube pasta and then poured some thin milk cheese sauce on it. This was bland, had absolutely no flavor. There was so little cheese in it, it had no salt flavor. If I was the owner of this establishment, I would speak to the chef about a new recipe that is baked with several kinds of cheese in it. I would never serve this again.Special Features:
- Never a dull momentHMQSGBDined on 9/15/2014Always our 1stop when we arrive in Palm Springs Says it all! It's a fun place to people watch from the high point of a booth Gr8place T&R people watch between courses Service is always efficient friendly The menu is good SoCal fayre Reasonably priced cocktails and a reasonable wine list Love the floating island dessert So camp! Usually make a second trip to lulus possibly a 3rd Says it all!!!Special Features:
- TonyVIPDined on 9/12/2014As always Lulu was great. There was 12 people and over all were very happy with all.Special Features:
- PLESANT TIME AT LULU'SlulufiletDined on 9/12/2014Scott and Chandler made our dining experience most pleasant. The food was incredibly tasty and satisfied our palates. All in all we had an exceptional dining experience at LuLu's and hope to come back soon when we once again visit Palm Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Showcase0OscarDined on 9/11/2014Had a Friend from London visiting. We met. He loved the location,food,vibe!Special Features:
- lulus bistrojillVIPDined on 9/9/2014always enjoyable....especially for a nice group...had fun, food good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choiceKayKDined on 9/7/2014This restaurant is consistently wonderful. The food is very tasty, the service excellent, and I love the layout of the restaurant. Often I sit on the patio and enjoy people watching, but during the summer it is far preferable to be inside. a real delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFun2eatDined on 9/6/2014The food was terrible and overpriced. The eggplant parmagean was over cooked, the Caesar salad had old yellow lettuce and the pear salad had only one type of lettuce with very little else in it. I would not go back to Lulu.
- Not as good as hopedCindyDined on 9/6/2014The service was quite slow and the food was just alright. The portions were well sized and there were several specials to choose from. But the wait staff was basically inattentive and we had to constantly flag someone down to make a request for more water or bread. It took about ten minutes after we were seated for anyone to come to our table. Not sure if I would try this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Food, service and ambiance were all great. been here many times before and have always enjoyed being taken care of so well. Thank you LuLu.Special Features:
- Usually good serviceMarcassoVIPDined on 9/1/2014We usually get great service here. The food is always great and I will go back to this place, just hope I don't get the snooty waiter again. We were on the patio. He doesn't even look at you when you're ordering. He's looking out to the street or in the air. Try and get his attention for a refill....or the bill...good luck. I've been here many times and this was the first time I've had this waiter. All the others are very attentive. Two of my friends have had him before and had the same problem. But don't let this sway you from patronizing this place...it's great.Special Features:
- ExcellenceLuvLulus74144Dined on 8/31/2014As always, Lulus is a great place to meet friends and family. Food is excellent, prices same. Strategically situated to allow for " people watching " Perfect spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerRuthlasVIPDined on 8/30/2014As usual, we pre ordered a booth with a view. We were not disapointed with the drinks, food or service! Our waiter JR was ON IT !!Special Features:
- Noisiest EverJimmyGeeDined on 8/30/2014Food and service were excellent, as usual, but the noise level was so intense we (a party of four) couldn't hear each other unless we shouted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ObieDined on 8/30/2014I did not give the restaurant 5 stars because of an incident that happened with the hostess. We checked in a few minutes before 6 with the hostess. There were a few other couples waiting and she told us to wait a minute. Well, 4 other parties without reservations walked in. One with 4 people like us and another with 5 people. Bothe parties were seated before us. When I brought this to the attention of the hostess, she acted rather "snotty" and still did not sit us for another 5 minutes. There was plenty of seating upstairs and there was no reason for her to have made us wait over 15 minutes to be seated, especially when we had reservations. I only wish I could have gotten her name as everyone else there was very pleasant.
- A Rare Off NightsagewoodVIPDined on 8/28/2014We have been here dozens of times for dinner. It is usually spot on. Good service, Good Food, Great Atmosphere. Tonight, there must have been new kitchen staff that was not paying very good attention. The salads, normally excellent, looked like they had been flung on the plate, and had minimal dressing. A huge pork chop that we have ordered often is usually served with some nicely sauteed apples and a hint of maple glaze. Always wonderful. Until tonight. What we were served was drowned in syrup, and no apples in sight. Vegetables were excellent. Also ordered Barbecued Ribs. Quite disappointed both in quantity and quality. Something was off tonight. I really hope this is the exception. Been here so many times, and it is great.Special Features:
- Oh, what a night...xxxxxVIPDined on 8/27/2014All going beautifully when one of our guests became ill...unrelated to the restaurant and meal. Staff were OUTSTANDING and 911 arrived within two minutes!! Just ANOTHER reason to LOVE this place!! All ended well...will be back at Tropicale again and again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeLuvtodineDined on 8/26/2014This place has a good fun vibe. They have the best gluten free menu I have ever seen and cater to people with food issues. The staff is very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lulu's for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent food per usual. Service a little slower than usual but still good. I dine at Lulu's frequently due to friendly staff and awesome food!Special Features:
- Always good - Usually not greatSNAFlyBoyDined on 8/21/2014Lulu is a perfect location to enjoy the energy of downtown Palm Springs. I always take my out of town friends there. The $19.95 three course dinner is a great value, but the food is generally average. The one item that is consistently "stand out" is the pork chop. The wait staff is always pleasant, and usually fairly prompt. They could certainly benefit from some training to avoid the "food auction" when delivering the food. Any good restaurant staff should know who gets what without having to "auction" the food to find out who gets each plate. I will continue to patronize this restaurant, but hope they can step it up a notch to insure a long and successful future.Special Features:
- Great Breakfast!markVIPDined on 8/17/2014We went here on a recommendation for breakfast. It was excellent. Lots of options, the standards, and some variety (e.g. crepes), and all of the food was excellent. It was so good that we returned the next day again for breakfast. The service was good - very friendly and pleasant atmosphere. Great patio. Good cocktails. Go and enjoy! We will be back!Special Features:
- A bit let downzozobraDined on 8/16/2014I had eaten at Lulu's about three years ago and really loved it. It seems like the kitchen isn't up to their previous standards. We ate with a party of six and no one was really pleased with their dinner. I had the three courses for $19. Dinner, which was a great price. The mushroom soup that started the meal was amazing, the pasta course was just bad, a huge glob of cheese. Don't think we will be rushing back. Maybe for mushroom soup.
- Enjoyable!drrobdcDined on 8/16/2014Did not know what to expect. The service was wonderful. The food was very good. We had a wonderful time and look forward to another vst.Special Features:
- Always a great meal hereMarcassoVIPDined on 8/16/2014I've never had a bad meal or service here. I can always expect great food and the waiters are all so nice and very efficient. Making the reservation on open table always assures I get right in.Special Features:
- HaluebVIPDined on 8/11/2014We were at this restaurant shortly after they opened and we ended up leaving before we ordered. We bit the bullet and went back and they have fixed all the issues and we had a great evening. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/10/2014I was expecting a lot more of my food and experienced based on what I read on Yelp. I felt all the dishes we had was missing something. It was just okay.
- Lots of AttitudereviewerrobertVIPDined on 8/9/2014Left waiting at the front despite a reservayion then waiting long enough at the table that we finally grabbed bus person and asked if we actually had a waiter. The service here was not good. The atmosphere was pretentious but the quality of food was quite good so maybe this was a bad night. One more try is called for.
- Summer is not as busyDannyCDined on 8/9/2014We always love visiting LuLu whenever we come to use our vacation home in Palm Springs. We had a reservation and were given a nice booth for our party of 4. We did arrive about 15 minutes early and that may be why our server was a little slow on the draw. The runner was there with water right away, but we had to wait a good 15 minutes to place our drink and appetizer order. This became irritating especially when we observed other parties being seated with their respective serves and served drinks before our server even arrived at our table. We certainly understand when a server may be overloaded, but just a quick acknowledgement usually will do the trick. Food was outstanding and once the server found his groove, the evening was pleasant.Special Features:
- Always a fun time at LULU'sCCTimDined on 8/8/2014Love meeting for lunch at Lulu's...food, service and value are always tops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all delish at LulusocalfoodieDined on 8/7/2014My teen and I dined at Lulu this week--not our first time and definitely not our last. We love to dine at Lulu when we visit the Palm Springs street fair and especially love the outdoor patio for entertainment and people watching. Using Open Table to book our reservation ensured that our table was available on time, and next to the misters, as we requested. The menu is varied and each time we have found our entrees to be quite tasty. My daughter's favorite is the chilled vichyssoise and for dessert, the decadent flourless chocolate cake. I enjoy the seafood and salad entrees, and the fresh hot rolls are a nice touch. Service was excellent and our waiter kept the iced-tea glasses full, on a hot summer evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice looking but 1980s menuEmsyVIPDined on 8/3/2014Nice looking restaurant, fantastic orange juice but that is far as we went. If you are looking for an outdated menu this is the place to go!Special Features:
- Worse every time we go!SteveDined on 8/2/2014We have dined at LuLu many time, right from when they opened. The food is consistently OK, not great. It's like a factory, the servers are not very personable and you always feel rushed and pushed to give up your table. It's VERY touristy! As part time residents, we are going to stop coming here, it's best for out of towners who think it's a cool place. The other issue lately are bacholerette parties, groups of women, often 5-6 different ones at once. They get drunk and loud and can ruin the dining experience.
- Lulu is SoSoVegastravelerDined on 8/1/2014Food is banquet style with plates prepared in advance and kept under heating source till served- plates are extremely hot. Price fix option is a good deal if you don't mind the banquet style serving... Restaurant is popular and pretty to look at, but unfortunately for LuLu, this beauty is only skin deep....
- Love coming hereMarcassoVIPDined on 8/1/2014We used Open Table at the last minute and walked right it and they sat us down ahead of lots of other people who were there with no reservations. Thank you! The food was great as always as was the service. Never had a bad experience at this wonderful gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdministratorShaggyDined on 7/30/2014Service was extremely slow. We rarely saw Jessica, our waitress. I didn't have salad dressing on my mised greens and couldn't get the waitress. Also unappetizing to see our waitress fill the paper goods in the restroom while she was still serving us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.