Lulu California Bistro
200 S. Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Lulu California Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lulupalmsprings.com/
- Phone: 7603275858
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Thursday: 8:00am - 10:00pm Friday and Saturday: 8:00am - 11pm (bar & Happy Hour til midnight)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please e-mail Willie Rhine at firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Lulu California Bistro
At Palm Springs newest and hippest restaurant, Lulu California Bistro combines talent, expertise and a passion for great food to produce a captivating California Bistro dining experience. Our menu options are many, varied and value-priced, and the quality is always high. Our generous portions are prepared with the freshest ingredients available and a dash of innovation from our award-winning chefs. Freshly baked bread and decadent desserts are made in-house daily, and are perfectly complimented by a cappuccino, latte or an endless pot of coffee. At our exciting bar area, we feature the desert's best Happy Hour – all-day, all-night, 12-hours long!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Lulu California Bistro - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Lulu California Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (111)great for outdoor dining (110)neighborhood gem (96)good for groups (95)great for brunch (88)vibrant bar scene (88)great for lunch (87)special occasion (62)fit for foodies (51)scenic view (32)kid-friendly (30)romantic (23)late-night find (22)notable wine list (10)Show More
- Special OccasionHikeCaDined on 10/29/2014We have a friend that comes in from out of town often and always wants to go to Lulu's. Its a great place to sit and people watch and the food never disappoints. We are locals and go there as often as we can. Doesn't matter if its ordering off of the bar menu or sitting at a table inside its always an enjoyable night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014The best thing about this restaurant is the decor and outdoor seating. Our food arrived cold and it took forever for them to bring the refired entrees. Plus, once our lobster ravioli in tomato cream sauce arrived, it wasn't anything special and was not worth the wait. On top of that, the service wasn't very good either. Our server was polite but very slow and he didn't seem very concerned about our table. We had to ask for everything, bread more water, and we had to take dinnerware from another table because the waiter never came by to check on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Good overall, menu had good choices and specials were good.Special Features:
- A Relaxing and Fine EveningPleasantlyPleasedDined on 10/23/2014The last time we were in Palm Springs, we dined at Lulu's and were more than pleased. This time we again dined there and, after making a reservation, we looked forward to it. We were not disappointed. Our meals were delicious (salmon and meat loaf); the drinks were exceptional and the service left nothing to be desired - it was outstanding! The last time, I had the best Negroni that I have ever had; this time, I can say the same thing about my Manhattan! While it was crowded, we never felt "crowded" ourselves - there was ample room for our own private conversation without worrying about someone overhearing. Did I mention your "Happy Hour" bar prices? 10 AM to closing - WOW! The drinks are memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014The restaurant was way too loud. Each table tried to talk louder than the next. Food was just ok. However, been there before & the experience was much better. We will give Lulu another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehmadtowndinerVIPDined on 10/19/2014Cool ambiance and location don't make up for mediocre minus food. In our group of four (all having a different dish) no one thought their meal was very good. I have no idea how they got all the accolades and good reviews that are on the wall. By far my worst meal in PS during a week long stay.
- Worth the waitsmsgVIPDined on 10/18/2014I tried to get into LuLu's last year, and the lines were around the corner. we were able to get in last weekend. Were there at 11, and were able to order breakfast, which is what I wanted. They happily scrambled my omelette with spinach, mushrooms and goat cheese. The side of bacon was thick and cooked to perfection. Would have liked the Bloody Mary to be a tad spicier, but it was good nonetheless.Special Features:
- Hip restaurant w/great menuWorldTravelerDined on 10/17/2014LuLu is a new place with a really good variety of selections on its menu. All items we had seemed fresh. They didn't seem to skimp---the seafood chowder was chock full of seafood. Try this place out! You'll be pleased that you did!Special Features:
- DesertVisitorDined on 10/17/2014Great dining experience. We made an Open Table reservation on a Friday night, and arrived on time, and the table was waiting for us. No wait, despite the fact that there were several people waiting. Nice that Lulu honors a reservation. The Three Course dinner is a great value, and the choices were abundant, and the food GREAT. The wait staff was taxed, as it was busy, they there were all pleasant and polite and the service was very good. I highly recommend Lulu.Special Features:
- Lulu quite enjoyable!RumiVIPDined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed our annual trip to Palm Springs and made sure to fit in a dinner at Lulu California Bistro! It's always a vibrant atmosphere and the food is quite good as well.Special Features:
- 36 Wedding anniversaryRookieCookerDined on 10/16/2014You made our anniversary so special by coordinating with the florist and having the beautiful Rose bouquet waiting at the table. We were comfortable and in love and it felt like everyone that approached our table was joining in on our celebration of 36th years! We enjoyed a wonderful dinner - the pork chops were outstanding and dessert was perfect - lit candle and all! Thank you for the warm hospitality - our waiter was charming and the wait staff was attentive. We will never forget our 36th anniversary because we spent a wonderful evening at LuLu's.Special Features:
- Never disappointsYearroundresidentDined on 10/16/2014LuLu is our go to restaurant in downtown Palm Springs. The staff is always friendly and the food is an excellent value. The only downside is that the service is slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a great placeNolandVIPDined on 10/13/2014Love Lulu it never fails me. Our group of four had all been before but several had not had the filet and really enjoyed it. The flourless choc cake the boom!!!! Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for the PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/12/2014This is a festive place, but go for the $19.99 three-course menu. Although it has a hip & swanky feel, the food is less than great - kind of bland (sauces that are too tart, green beans that are undercooked, etc.). The service is a little off too (timing is bad, no replenishing the bread supply, pushy on the pre-dinner cocktails, etc.). It works since you're paying a cheap price for the fixed menu, but not worth a cent more.
- vacation diningscrippsmamaDined on 10/12/2014stopped by this hip joint while vacationing with another family. we had 4 adults, 4 children, and a dog. they accommodated us, put up with us all like we were the norm. good people watching and great menu for adults and kids alike, where you don't have to choose from the normal chicken fingers and burgers at most kid-friendly joints.Special Features:
- Sunday, but not for brunch.JCCLACAVIPDined on 10/12/2014We went for a late breakfast on Sunday, but didn't want the full brunch, too much food for us that day. The non brunch menu was very limited for breakfast items, one omelette (spinach and mushroom). The omelette was tasty. No toast available, but said they would bring a roll, it never arrived. The tomato slice was pale and so close to the end of the tomato the center was green and hard. It should never have been put on the plate. I had the Santa Fe Panini, the flavor was good, but the pork was dry, the spicy mayo with it was very good. The bus boy was excellent with filling water and iced tea. We've enjoyed the brunch here in the past. If you're going on Sunday it is best to order brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- convenient and goodlouweeVIPDined on 10/12/2014We visit Palm Springs at least twice a year and Lulu's is our go to brunch/lunch spot. It's centrally located and because it's a large venue with many tables, we can always get it. The menu is extensive and there's always something to suit everyone in the party - from picky kids to foodie adults. They're always gracious with our two young kids.Special Features:
- Retro feel with good meal optionsFAIR2proprietorsANDdinersDined on 10/7/2014Very open, seated out on the patio to enjoy our dining with our miniature Dachshund. Though busy, we were seated right away. I had the chicken skewer, with pineapple and mango appetizer, along with a side of asparagus for my meal. Cute presentation, moist chicken, and very tasty with the grilled fruit. Another had crab cakes she said were good, definitely more crab than cake. :) Other guests were generally pleased. Drinks were kept full, waiter was generally attentive, friendly and made split checks without a problem.Special Features:
- refreshingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2014A great local find with fresh food and atmosphere. I will be there the next time I visit Palm Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was prepared very well.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Waiter made me regret my reservation . everyone at the table clearly was upset after he was openly disrespectfulSpecial Features:
- no goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Service was great - friendly an efficient. The food however was terrible. Traditional eggs benedict came out so dried up it was close to inedible. Hollandaise sauce was dried up and shriveled on the egg. I don't know if it was sitting under a heat lamp for a long time, or just poorly prepared. Probably both. I NEVER send food back - and almost sent this back, but I liked my server and didn't want to make him feel bad
- MiraVIPDined on 9/27/2014Very nice looking place. Enjoyed being there. Good service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- palmspringsDined on 9/26/2014I have been here several times, but never get great seating. We always get put way up high or in an obscure place when we look around and see booths or better seating available.Special Features:
- Fun dining Gr8 to people watch!HMQSGBDined on 9/23/2014Love this place and have dined here twice on this trip -Always good to people watch between courses Food is good, SoCal faiyre LOve the scallops entree salads and beef skewers As for the floating island dessert - epitome of camp!! Cocktails not the best tasted Service always spot on from other server and table staff Never had a bad dining experience here Love it Tip try to request a booth, gr8 spot to see and be seen!Special Features:
- Great birthday thank you luluDdawurskDined on 9/23/2014Great birthday nice comfortable and romantic as well good food thank you Michael our server for taking care of usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!StanDined on 9/21/2014Brunch was great! Excellent menu and enough choices for everyone. The food was fresh and hot and served as described. It is a definite repeat on my next trip to Palm Springs.Special Features:
- Beware The Mac and CheeseFonebrewDined on 9/20/2014First off, we had a very nice server. However, it was obvious he had too many tables. We ordered two cocktails. One arrived twenty minutes later with my soup. The other arrived ten minutes after that. I had a caeser salad with fresh salmon and it was delicious. I also ordered a side of mac and cheese. This was absolutely the worst mac and cheese I have ever had. It wasn't even baked. They boiled some tube pasta and then poured some thin milk cheese sauce on it. This was bland, had absolutely no flavor. There was so little cheese in it, it had no salt flavor. If I was the owner of this establishment, I would speak to the chef about a new recipe that is baked with several kinds of cheese in it. I would never serve this again.Special Features:
- Never a dull momentHMQSGBDined on 9/15/2014Always our 1stop when we arrive in Palm Springs Says it all! It's a fun place to people watch from the high point of a booth Gr8place T&R people watch between courses Service is always efficient friendly The menu is good SoCal fayre Reasonably priced cocktails and a reasonable wine list Love the floating island dessert So camp! Usually make a second trip to lulus possibly a 3rd Says it all!!!Special Features:
- TonyVIPDined on 9/12/2014As always Lulu was great. There was 12 people and over all were very happy with all.Special Features:
- PLESANT TIME AT LULU'SlulufiletDined on 9/12/2014Scott and Chandler made our dining experience most pleasant. The food was incredibly tasty and satisfied our palates. All in all we had an exceptional dining experience at LuLu's and hope to come back soon when we once again visit Palm Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Showcase0OscarDined on 9/11/2014Had a Friend from London visiting. We met. He loved the location,food,vibe!Special Features:
- lulus bistrojillVIPDined on 9/9/2014always enjoyable....especially for a nice group...had fun, food good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choiceKayKVIPDined on 9/7/2014This restaurant is consistently wonderful. The food is very tasty, the service excellent, and I love the layout of the restaurant. Often I sit on the patio and enjoy people watching, but during the summer it is far preferable to be inside. a real delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFun2eatDined on 9/6/2014The food was terrible and overpriced. The eggplant parmagean was over cooked, the Caesar salad had old yellow lettuce and the pear salad had only one type of lettuce with very little else in it. I would not go back to Lulu.
- Not as good as hopedCindyDined on 9/6/2014The service was quite slow and the food was just alright. The portions were well sized and there were several specials to choose from. But the wait staff was basically inattentive and we had to constantly flag someone down to make a request for more water or bread. It took about ten minutes after we were seated for anyone to come to our table. Not sure if I would try this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Food, service and ambiance were all great. been here many times before and have always enjoyed being taken care of so well. Thank you LuLu.Special Features:
- Usually good serviceMarcassoVIPDined on 9/1/2014We usually get great service here. The food is always great and I will go back to this place, just hope I don't get the snooty waiter again. We were on the patio. He doesn't even look at you when you're ordering. He's looking out to the street or in the air. Try and get his attention for a refill....or the bill...good luck. I've been here many times and this was the first time I've had this waiter. All the others are very attentive. Two of my friends have had him before and had the same problem. But don't let this sway you from patronizing this place...it's great.Special Features:
- ExcellenceLuvLulus74144Dined on 8/31/2014As always, Lulus is a great place to meet friends and family. Food is excellent, prices same. Strategically situated to allow for " people watching " Perfect spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerRuthlasVIPDined on 8/30/2014As usual, we pre ordered a booth with a view. We were not disapointed with the drinks, food or service! Our waiter JR was ON IT !!Special Features:
- Noisiest EverJimmyGeeDined on 8/30/2014Food and service were excellent, as usual, but the noise level was so intense we (a party of four) couldn't hear each other unless we shouted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.