Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Cary
7307 Tryon Rd
Cary, NC 27511Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Cary
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lucky32.com/
- Phone: 9192331632x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday Brunch menu until 3:00 p.m.
Monday-Thursday 11:15 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday & Saturday 11:15 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday Brunch menu until 3:00 p.m.
Our Grill Room is open one hour after dining room closes except for Sunday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Jay Pierce
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have a boxed lunch menu that is perfect for corporate events, office lunches, or special events.
- Private Party Facilities: Lucky 32 is the perfect place to socialize and have a relaxing dinner with professional service in an atmosphere made for enjoyment with an upscale feel. We will be happy to provide you and your guests with the highest quality food and drink at a good value. We welcome parties of up to 70 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Lara Yerges 9192331632x
A word from Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Cary
Join us for lunch and dinner 7 days a week, and for brunch on Saturday and Sunday. We serve the highest quality food and drink with competent, friendly service. Enjoy a meal in our dining room, grill room, or outside on our beautifully landscaped terrace. When dining with us you can look forward to a flavorful southern menu using many local ingredients grown right here in NC, along with our Wine Spectator award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Cary - Best Restaurants in Cary ›
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - Cary reviews from OpenTable diners
190 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (105)fit for foodies (92)special occasion (88)good for groups (78)great for lunch (61)great for outdoor dining (58)great for brunch (51)romantic (41)kid-friendly (30)hot spot (25)notable wine list (23)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (9)scenic view (4)Show More
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The food and service was outstanding.I used to be a chef in New York and was very impressed.The wait staff was very helpful and food was cooked perefectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!KahteedDined on 9/18/2014Another wonderful meal at Lucky 32! Thanks for the fabulous service and fantastic food! Lucky 32 is our go to place for a quality meal and good time!Special Features:
- Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - CaryNCFoodPatron22Dined on 9/13/2014Not a fan of northern rubber green beans and for a restaurant labeling themselves "southern" kitchen - it was not. Collards were tough. "Gourmet" should be their terminology not Southern. I have had quail before and this was badly represented - more of an appetizer - NOT worth the price I paid. Deviled eggs tasted like the already made in the grocer's section version. This restaurant should stick to burgers. First time the four of us visited and would not return. But for someone not looking for a place specializing in southern cuisine, it would be a nice contemporary restaurant.Special Features:
- Luv2dineDined on 9/13/2014We have had lots of good food at Lucky 32. We enjoy our evenings there, and the food is very consistent.Special Features:
- County/Home cooking done rightDennisk51VIPDined on 9/9/2014sinply a very comfortable, friendly place to get honest Southern cuisine done well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Southern FoodMuffinDined on 9/7/2014We went to Lucky 32 based on the online reviews. The atmosphere was very nice. Service was quick & attentive and the food was well prepared. We were seated in a booth which affords privacy during conversations. The meatloaf was wrapped in bacon and was good. My suggestion would be to add more gravy to prevent dryness. The peso pasta dish was a generous portion with some left over to take home. The house bread melts in your mouth it is so fresh. I would recommend this place and plan to return soon.Special Features:
- BreadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Server forgot to provide us with bread. I had to go and ask for it
- very impressedindecisivedinnerplansDined on 9/6/2014We took the normally indecisive family here and not only was everyone able to find something they liked, but everyone loved what they got. Not a scrap of food left on any plate. Even the bread was impressive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice.WmalmaguerDined on 9/5/2014Wonderful dining experience, great apps and dinners.. Very nice selection of sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Newcomer IntroductionFergieDined on 9/3/2014We invited a couple to dinner who is considering moving to NC. They were very impressed with the restaurant, especially the menu. One enjoyed the vegetarian options and the other had the pork shank - loved both of them. The seasonal menu was a nice surprise for them as well. My husband had the Wed. fried chicken special and raved about it. I had the New Bern wedge salad which was just okay; the shrimp could have used some seasoning - probably will order something else next time. I enjoy the seasonal menu and there are certainly plenty of other options to choose from. Our server was very attentive.Special Features:
- RandDined on 8/30/2014Fair service at best on our last visit which is way below your standard of excelence
- Needs more trainingdisappointedDined on 8/28/2014While our waiter was very nice, the rest of the staff could use better training. The hostess tried to push a menu at my wife while she was trying to seat herself. A server took away her appetizer while she was still eating it, to lay down the main course. My dish contained a bay leaf which should have been removed. The meal went very fast, perhaps too fast as if the staff were in a rush and didn't take the time to attend to details.Special Features:
- EatoutalotVIPDined on 8/27/2014Dinner was great! Our waitress was amazing...we asked her a lot of questions and she was so patient to help us choose between so many delicious dishes. (We couldn't decide!!!) I got the shrimp and grits and it was excellent!!!! (with collard greens.) My colleague got the baked stuffed tomates - he enjoyed it very much. The Corn and Crab soup was sooooo good! I only got a cup of it and wished I got a bowl! I found this restaurant through Open Table reading all the good reviews!Special Features:
- Family favoriteDebdutchDined on 8/27/2014My family enjoys visiting Lucky 32 in Cary especially at lunch and weekend brunch. The food is excellent and varies seasonally. The recent Legacy menu items have also been quite a taste experience. I have many favorite menu items including corn and crab chowder, carolina catfish,and salmon. I prefer going out for lunch but a dinner visit is a necessity to eat the Kentucky Ribeye which is always delicious! The service is also excellent with a well trained and friendly staff.Special Features:
- Great Find!Dlabs13Dined on 8/26/2014Food has been excellent each time. Very fresh ingredients used and the menu is changing all the time. I would highly recommend this place to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much BetterShannonDined on 8/25/2014Had a much better experience this time around. Food was delish & service was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale SouthernKKVVDined on 8/25/2014Great place to bring out of town guests for an upscale taste of Southern cuisine. Seasonal menu is always delicious and locally sourced. The drafts on tap are local and they'll give you a taste before you settle on one. One of our go-to spots in Cary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite placelittlebit72Dined on 8/24/2014I took out of state visitors along for a meal and they were just blown away by the food, the attention and helpfulness of Andrew, our wait person, and the very welcoming atmosphere. Lucky 32 Cary has long been a favorite of mine and I was thrilled to share it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quite night with the wife.thebrune61Dined on 8/22/2014The service was great and the food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The food was excellent - fresh and tasty. Something for everyone on the menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch/brunch restaurant!RichardVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had not been back to Lucky 32 for a while until last Friday, 8/22. He has corn meal crusted cat fish and I had my favorite black bean cakes. Wow, the food was excellent. We sat next to the large window in bar area facing to the courtyart. Our waiter was very attentive. Lucky 32 is a great place for lunch/brunch. We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch.Special Features:
- go to favoritediningduoDined on 8/21/2014This has become one of our favorite restaurants to take friends and even for just the two of us. Food is always delicious and the service outstanding. Love the s3adonal menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre concert visitCraigDined on 8/16/2014Originally made reservation for 6:45 but decided to go earlier... at 5:15 only available was on the terrace.... worked out great.. nice breeze, great food will definitely come again... (we're from New Bern)Special Features:
- Great food and serviceChandlerDined on 8/15/2014The atmosphere is great, very modern. I ordered the black bean cakes and they were delicioussss. However, I was a little let down by the whipped sweet potatoes; they could have been better. The fried okra appetizer with the voodoo sauce is great as well. My mom ordered the shrimp and grits and my brother the pulled pork Johnny cakes and both said they were amazing. Overall, great service, ambience and food. Next time I'll try dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/13/2014We dine in or order takeout often from Lucky 32. It is our go to restaurant for casual dining. The food quality is consistently very good as is the service. On this evening we had salmon with a salad and mashed sweet potatoes and the tomato stuffed with shrimp, tomato and cucumber salad, French fries and deviled eggs. The sides were fresh and prepared as we like. The generous portion of salmon was excellent. The shrimp stuffed tomato was very good although I don't think I would order the entrée again. The shrimp were very small and simply topped the tomato -it wasn't stuffed. I thought the amount of shrimp was lacking and as such not up to the portions we have come to expect from Lucky 32.Special Features:
- Off the MarkBarbaraDined on 8/13/2014Normally this is one of the best dining experiences in the area but Lucky 32 was off its game the other evening. The food was good - pimento cheese dip with pork skins (cooked too hard to eat) and our salads were fine. But the service was just poor, at least initially. Part of the problem was that the hostess sat us outside, and around in the back corner, next to a family with 2 small children who were left to run amuck and disturb other diners. But we did not get assigned a waiter for 15 minutes - in fact we seem to be ignored, and we were out of sight. Finally, after complaining we did get someone to help us but that never should have happened and set the wrong tone for the dinner. It is going to be a while before we return.Special Features:
- Neighborhood favorite!BistroFanDined on 8/13/2014This is one of our neighborhood favorites with very good food and service, and not overpriced. My wife had the salmon and loved it. I'm a fried chicken nut and loved their Wednesday pan-fried chicken special. When our twenty-something grown-up kids are in town they always want to return to Lucky 32. Our daughter loves the meat loaf and our son always gets the extra (free) collards with his order. This place is a reliable winner. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014The menu was paleo friendly and sourced locally. Thee entrees came a little too fast and after a while we felt a bit rushed, but aside from that all was well.Special Features:
- Great PlaceDcoke52Dined on 8/6/2014Great place for a casual lunch or romantic dinner. Great service. I'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!DellyDined on 8/4/2014We have been to many restaurants but this one really takes an award! Everything about it is great, service, food, ambience. From the time you step your foot in the door, it is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoying an AnniversaryjewelDined on 8/3/2014The restaurant went out of it's way to make our 29th anniversary a treat and the food and service was superb.Special Features:
- Gourmet Southern Diningncman21Dined on 8/3/2014Lucky 32 succeeded in providing a gourmet spin on down-home country staples. The okra dishes (on fried and one with tomatoes and onions) were very good. The blackened trout was tasty but a bit pricey and my wife enjoyed her jumbalaya.Special Features:
- Wonderful MemorybstingDined on 8/3/2014It was our 25th wedding anniversary, mid afternoon before we attended a local show, sticking to their theme of using local ingredients, the food was outstanding, the service top-notch, and the atmosphere. even in mid afternoon was very pleasant. Thanks for the memory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I celebrated her birthday at Lucky 32. We got there early and had drinks at the bar. The cocktails the bartender made were great. The bartender brought us the peaches with goat cheese wrapped in ham. At our table, we ordered the popcorn okra with the voodoo sauce and pimento cheese with pork rinds. Some of the best appetizers I've ever had. For dinner I ordered lamb on johnny cakes. My wife ordered carolina catfish. Both meals were amazing. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodJimcDined on 8/2/2014great place to eat had a reservation for 5:30 good thing I did because there was a wait the service was great and did not have wait for the entrees to arriveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A consitent winnerrichb238Dined on 8/2/2014Our third visit to the Lucky 32 and again an excellent meal. Attentive and friendly service. Interesting southern cuisine with an offbeat flair. The pulled pork on the Johnny cakes, the trout and the okra popcorn were standouts!Special Features:
- Good food good prices great servicefrausheilaDined on 7/31/2014My husband and sister-in-law loved their rib-eye steaks. I sampled it and it was amazing! The seasoning was perfect and it was encased in a lightly charred crusting. mmmmmmm! almost like it came right off the smoker/grill. I had the pulled lamb. It was ok but tasted more like pork. My brother had the fish of the day, trout, which he commented was good. This is our third time at L32 and we have never been disappointed. The selections vary but the quality of the service and food is always top-notch. We will return and take guests.Special Features:
- Not a Steak HousefoodielalalaDined on 7/26/2014Lucky32 is a fine restaurant, but keep in mind that it's not a steak house. Rib-eye is the only steak on the menu and is generally a well-marbled cut. In this case, my husband's steak looked to be about 60% fat. The meatloaf was an unremarkable three thin slices of dry meat. The Texas Pete glazed salmon was quite tasty. I would go back, but stick to the seasonal fare section of the menu.Special Features:
- super crab cakeskaraleighDined on 7/24/2014So I am extremely picky about crab cakes and theirs was awesome! Lots of interesting sides too. Wait staff was super, friendly and accommodating. Portions are huge!Special Features:
- Good Southern farecyclomenDined on 7/20/2014All entrees were very good. Cucumber and tomato salad had too much vinegar. Green beans were limp and soft. Mashed Sweet Potatoes good. Good wine list. Great beer list. Very accommodating with sharing entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.