401 Fourth Street
Annapolis, MD 21403Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lewnessteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (410) 263-1617
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5pm - 10pm;
Friday: 5pm - 10:30pm;
Saturday: 4pm - 10:30
Sunday: 4pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Lester Snowden
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining rooms are available upon request. Private dining menus, room configurations, and special requests can be organized with managers over the phone or on location.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Miguez 4102631617x
- Cross Street: Severn Avenue
- Public Transit: Water taxis drop off and pick up at the end of fourth street, less than a half block from the restaurants location.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is available and a public parking lot is located catty corner from the restaurant. Only a short walk from historic downtown Annapolis; cross the Eastport bridge, take a left at the stop light, and the restaurant is on the corner two blocks down.
A word from Lewnes' SteakHouse
The Lewnes family has been in the food business since 1921. Lewnes' Steakhouse opened in 1994, specializing in USDA prime beef and exquisite seafood dishes. With its high back booths, low-lit ambiance and a waitstaff that is dedicated to first class service, Lewnes' is the premier spot for special occasions or private dining. Lewnes' boasts a Wine Spectator "Best of Award of Excellence" award winning wine list with over 450 wine selections to pair with your meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Lewnes' SteakHouse - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Lewnes' SteakHouse reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (116)notable wine list (102)romantic (89)neighborhood gem (71)fit for foodies (57)good for groups (28)hot spot (12)late-night find (6)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Steak PlaceHeatherDined on 11/21/2014Was always my preferred annapolis steak house as it was locally owned. The restaurant is starting to get a "tired" look and needs a makeover and the menu is too limited. If you want just a steak and potato then it's got you covered.Special Features:
- All you would expect from a classic steakhouse.MedusaDined on 11/18/2014All good steakhouses must have excellent side dishes. Lewnes offers a selection of well prepared classics. I am not looking for a steakhouse to re-invent the wheel...Just deliver quality meats and proper side dishes.....Lewnes fits the billSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Our party of five all ordered a filet. Four of us commented that it was the best steak we ever had. The lone hold-out put it in his Top 3 Best Steaks. The service was fantastic. Our only complaint was the choice of music. Very low key, show-tuney standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014This was my first visit to Lewnes and I picked it as a place to meet an out of town colleague. While the ambiance was wonderful, the food was somewhat disappointing for the price. The overpriced crab cakes were small, fried, and full of fillers. The creamed spinach was more cream than spinach and nothing notable. My friend had the soup and wedge salad that she thought was quite good though. Not sure I would go back as I am not a beef eater and the only other menu item is the salmon (which is not "wild caught"). Oh well, curious as to others impression of this place.Special Features:
- Happy camperOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014The best veal chop I have ever eaten. Our server was outstanding. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service and perfect experience!ScottDined on 11/15/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Lewnes which was perfect. I had only mentioned the occasion once in order to hopefully be seated somewhere romantic and Richard our phenomenal waiter surprised us with an incredible desert for two as a gift. Great food, filet mignon was perfect as was the tuna filet. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Higher ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014I had a $42 steak that was thin and unevenly cut, The asparagus was recommended and it was spindly and had too much oil. They do make an excellent martini and the soup was very good.
- Best Steaks on the East CoastboaterbabeDined on 11/10/2014Lewnes is an Annapolis gem. A classic steakhouse with dry martinis and Frank Sinatra singing in the backround. Our steaks were beyond perfect Service was outstanding. We had a wonderful anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014a delightful evening...a favorite Annapolis venue....please keep up the good work!Special Features:
- BEST STEAK IN ANNAPOLISFRANDined on 11/4/2014When I want Steak I go to Lewnes.The service was great the greeting at the door was warm. It was a fun time. My customer was impressedSpecial Features:
- 3 Month Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/3/2014This place was so amazing and SOOOO close to our house. The food was incredible and everyone was so friendly. We will definitely be returning!!Special Features:
- Slooooow ServicebelleDined on 11/3/2014We enjoy your restaurant for special occasions and this past visit was one of them. We called days ahead to reserve a 4lb. lobster and bottle of wine. Unfortunately, the 4lb. lobster did not happen so we "settled" for a smaller one. We sat on the first floor and for an off night, there was a slim crowd. Service was unusually slow for some reason. Our waiter did not return to replenish wine or water in our glasses unless prompted. A sauce to accompany the steak was offered halfway through the meal. This was not the typically awesome experience that we are accustomed to at your establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Timers-Great Experiencelch1090Dined on 11/2/2014Went to Lewnes' for the first time to celebrate our anniversary. Were greeted warmly and wished a Happy Anniversary, very nice. Food was great, steaks cooked perfectly,received a gratis dessert for anniversary-nice touch. Server Diana was wonderful and able to answer all questions about menu. Two small glitches: Restaurant was not full, but we were seated by the kitchen when other tables were available. Asked to be moved, were promptly accommodated. The salad plates brought to split our salad were hot, not warm, but hot. When asked, Diana brought other salad plates that were room temperature. Shouldn't have to ask not to sit by kitchen or for different plates when springing for such an expensive dinner. But overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Steak HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014We dined here for the first time at the recommendation of friends for our anniversary and we were not disappointed! Everything about our dining experience was fabulous. Our waiter, John, was perfectly delightful and it couldn't have been a better choice for us. The steaks (New York Strip and Filet Mignon) were the best we've ever had and the sides were hearty and enough to split two ways. Absolutely great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special SteakhouseDinersFromDCVIPDined on 10/31/2014It's uniqueness reminds me of Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa. It's privately owned which make a big difference. Family owned and Managed by the son, Sam who could not be more hospitable, always keeping an eye on your table and making you feel welcomed and special. This is not the stereotype concept steakhouse like Morton's or Ruth's Chris. It has a unique menu, buttery tender steaks that are perfectly prepared. We love it here and have been going for almost 20 years. I suggest you go, ask to meet the owner and manager and make this your special place in Annapolis!Special Features:
- Impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014I took my husband here for a birthday steak dinner. We were not disappointed!! Our server was phenomenal and the food was by far some of the best we have ever tasted. I am not a huge steak fan, but I have never loved eating a steak so much. It was delicious; perfectly cooked. They even took the time to help celebrate my husband's birthday by bringing out a dessert for him with candles - which I found extremely thoughtful. That was also delicious - make sure you end your evening with a chocolate fudge cake ice cream dessert. We also thought the pricing of everything was reasonable. You certainly get what you pay for, but if you're looking for a phenomenal steak and a great price I would certainly recommend this place. ENJOY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014The food, service, and ambiance were second to none. I highly recommend this place for a romantic birthday dinner, anniversary, etc.Special Features:
- Worth the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2014Having lived in NYC for 25 years and seen eaten in my share of steak houses and high end restaurants, Lewnes' is perhaps my favorite restaurant in Annapolis. It's like an old friend; every time we meet we don't have to speak and just bask in our friendship as we dine. It is a warm and comforting experience to know that while many things change, Lewnes', like your oldest friend remains stedfast in its cuisine and decor.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Nice feeling until the steaks came out, one of which was very much undercooked. How does that happen to a steak in a steakhouse??? The response of the waiter was less than/barely sufficient. My meal was very good, but waiting for my partner's food to come back out, and the accompanying response, took the edge off of what could have been a good experience. Great steak, great Greek salad.Special Features:
- Chbb328Dined on 10/25/2014Dinner was great. Bar was to small and if you want to grab a drink before you sit down you really can't. They take reservations for those as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvlewnesLuvOlearysDined on 10/24/2014This was our first time at Lewnes. We loved the atmosphere upon arrival. Our server Kevin was outstanding! He answered all of our questions with ease and showed a complete understanding of the menu. The food was amazing! The oysters Rockefeller were the best we've ever had. Our steaks (ribeye,petite filet) melted in our mouths and the sides were exceptional as well. I have already recommended Lewnes to several friends who are planning to go soon. We will be back sooner rather than later.Special Features:
- if your looking for IT you found itFantasticDined on 10/24/2014Can not even begin to explain how Wonderfully Excellent our experience was at Lewnes. From the second we walked in the door to the door closing behind us as we left, everything I mean everything was beyond perfect. The atmosphere, the Hostess The waiter (Cheers Eric) made you feel welcome, unrushed and served you with the greatest of care. The Food was absolutely Fabulous!! Cooked to perfection, tasty, tender, and nicely portioned with a very nice choice of well prepared sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary Dinner!sukiDined on 10/21/2014We had requested a cozy table to celebrate our anniversary. When we walked in we were greeted with "Happy Anniversary" and brought to a very nice table. Our server told us we should save room for dessert because it was on them. We were treated so well, and had such an awesome experience. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lewnes Annapolis MdnukeDined on 10/19/2014We had an excellent anniversary dinner last weekend. The waitress was very attentive, they even brought us a complimentary dessert (brownie ala mode). yum. Our 4 dinners were fabulous, steak, veal and crab cakes, and we all enjoyed them equally. Excellent salads and bread as well. Definitely go back.Special Features:
- DisappointingSlowVIPDined on 10/13/2014My filet was under done even after sending it back, they were out of baked potatoes and the clams casino were sandy! Our waitress lacked a personality and could have been more attentive. Perhaps it was an off night. None the less, it was disappointing for such an expensive steakhouse. They did send over dessert.Special Features:
- FantasticluvfoodDined on 10/12/2014Went to dinner for a special occasion and it did not disappoint. Food was as always spectacular and the service was outstanding. Eric was our server, he was attentive and very knowledgeable of the wine menu. The filet was huge and perfectly cooked, added the crab cake which was equally delicious. the side portions are huge and definitely enough to split between two people. Cant give it a higher mark or recommendation.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderfulbbfoodieDined on 10/11/2014Whether my husband & I go by ourselves or with a group, the food & service is consistently wonderful. The filet melts in your mouth. Great wine selection. Although on the pricy side it's a definite must for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A absolute gem!!!EboogieDined on 10/10/2014A all around great experience . A most for anyone visiting Annapollis .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect all aroundMimiofjandmDined on 10/10/2014The NY strip was excellent and prepared perfectly as we're the lamb chops. The mushrooms and sautéed spinach were great sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Chop HousePacketManDined on 10/10/2014With white linens on the tables and dark wood booths, Lewnes is a classic chop house with new twists. Our waiter was entertaining and knowledgeable without being obnoxious or preachy, and was most accommodating when asked for split orders and half sides. A must do in Annapolis!Special Features:
- Consistently great foodMrsMarronVIPDined on 10/10/2014We had not eaten here for a few years and went to celebrate my brother and nephew's birthdays. We had a delicious meal, a superb wine and great service. The Lyonnaise potatoes are incredible, the quality of the meat is outstanding, the atmosphere is extremely comfortable. We highly recommend the place and have every intention of returning the next time we visit Annapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite SteakhouseAnniversaryDinerDined on 10/5/2014My wife's steak was a bit overcooked. However, in all the times we've eaten there, it is the only time something was not prepared exactly as expected. The steaks are fantastic, the service exquisite, and the atmosphere very private. Additionally, the desserts are top-notch. We will be back, again & again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good evening out...dnk2VIPDined on 10/4/2014Overall the food was very good...excellent steak and tuna...potatoes were a little salty...mushrooms were okay...the oyster on the half shell were quite fresh :) The only 'ambiance' issue was the seating...booth seat was way to far from table which made things quite uncomfortable throughout the dinner...Special Features:
- Lewnes My FavoriteTrakersDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I and some fellow boaters were in Annapolis for the weekend and after a disappointing meal elsewhere in town on Saturday night decided to go to Lewnes on Sunday....OMG the food was so fabulous and the waitress was personable. Lewnes was the highlight of our trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awsome Steaks!DiscerningCarnivoresDined on 9/27/2014We had a beautiful Filet Mignon prepared "Oscar" style (lump crab meat on top with Bernaise sauce). If your looking for the kind of dinner where you look at each other, roll your eyes and say "Yum" after every bite, this is where you need to go. The steaks were cooked perfectly, the choice of meat was excellent, the salad and vegetables were fresh, the Waiter was knowledgeable and very professional. I requested private dining with our reservation, and they happily replied. The high back seats on the booths make for a quiet and romantic dinner. The perfect place for a special occasion! I would strongly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spot!!murphysworldDined on 9/26/2014I wish they had restaurant in Baltimore! However, the wine list is confusing and over priced. For a list this large there are very few wines under 50 bucks. The filet came over cooked but the waitstaff quickly replaced it with a perfectly med rare. The tuna was wonderful and both sides were to die for. They brought a huge ice cream and cookie desert on the house for screwing up the filet. The best restaurant in Annapolis still.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchDinersFromDCVIPDined on 9/23/2014One of the best steakhouses in the country! Great friendly service, terrific wine list, the best steaks anywhere and great fun to be there. Lewnes is not some canned chain that tries to kill you with pricey extras. It's really great!Special Features:
- Wonderful Night!JillMDined on 9/23/2014My petite filet mignon was cooked to a perfect medium, tender, juicy, and flavorful, & my husband loved his generously-sized ribeye. I liked the Lyonnaise potatoes and the saut'eed mushrooms. The wine list was incredible, looked like at least a hundred different wine choices, with many well above $100/bottle. We chose a reasonable merlot ($60). The service was impeccable, friendly and prompt, on our dining schedule, not theirs, making for a wonderful meal. They even surprised me with a dessert sundae for my birthday. 2 entrees, 2 salads, 2 side dishes (served family style), a bottle of wine, coffee & a cappuccino, $187 plus tip. No view, but down the street is the water taxi, which they called for us. It was a fabulous dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic MealJerrieDined on 9/22/2014We came back to town for visit and made sure we ate here. The steaks are melt in your mouth delicious and all the sides are well worth getting. Hubby had 6 oysters and said wonderful. Shared a large filet and lyonnaise potatoes-I must learn to cook these! We were able to walk from our hotel so had an appetite ready to eat. Would highly recommend. We are already looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- DisappointedjjabnerVIPDined on 9/20/2014The space was smaller than we remembered. Our table was in a hallway. Disappointed in their wine by the glass choice. We prefer by the glass as our tastes are not the same. Felt that the steaks didn't have the flavor we remembered. Thought the menu was restricted but perhaps that's because they just want to be a grilled steak place.Special Features: